[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't normally visit this board, but I need to ask you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 220px-Ash_XY.png (61 KB, 220x342) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ash_XY.png
61 KB, 220x342
I don't normally visit this board, but I need to ask you guys something.

Is Ash travelling through timelines and dimensions considering he came from the original GB timeline and is now venturing in the Mega-Evolution timeline?

Does this explain why Ash's Pikachu sucks? Because its not IV trained correctly?
>>
>>25467966
Yes.
>>
>>25467966
Maybe.
>>
>>25467966
I don't know haha
>>
File: 1457033139751.png (319 KB, 432x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457033139751.png
319 KB, 432x1200
>>25467966
OS -> DP Ash and BW -> XY Ash are from different dimensions

Just compare his dead black eyes to his brown kawaii ones
>>
>>25467966
Nah. It's because bad writing that Pikachu sucks.
Ash himself is from yet another timeline. The Animu Timeline, where both things kinda happened.
I blame D4C
>>
File: 1437928360566.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1437928360566.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>25467966

The anime timeline is a separate thing, and megas don't conflict with it.

Also Pikachu doesn't suck in XY.
>>
>>25468826
Not only is the writing now generic as fuck, they're even trying to turn it into Naruto
>>
>>25468864
So they're gonna ruin the series beyond repair
>>
>>25468864

>pure filler minimal
>no batshit retarded power level bullshit
>naruto

sorry, no.
>>
>>25468864
Unlike Naruto they have an excuse because they're fucking animals that control the elements.
>>
>>25468931
>>25468963
The show is the story of ash you have to look at it from beginning to where we're at the show is bad Because all it is is a marketing ploy for the games
>>
>>25467966
>Because its not IV trained correctly?
No, it's because the little motherfucker refused that Thunderstone.
>>
It's a children's cartoon for children. /thread
>>
>>25468977
So you're saying you enjoyed basic monster of the day plots that were visually unappealing?
Because that's all we had until now.

Looking at it objectively the anime has stepped the fuck up from what we had in the past.
>>
>>25469010
But the story still sucks regardless because come next season nothing that happens this season will matter

>>25468999
Some children's cartoons have an actual plot like gravity falls and steven u
>>
>>25469029
>tumblr universe
>Supernatural lite
Fuck off
>>
>>25469043
You're mad cause im right? Even shows like samurai Jack had plot or that one show over the garden wall.. And you know what makes it better than pokemon.. They don't drag it on
>>
>>25469029
>But the story still sucks regardless because come next season nothing that happens this season will matter
So?
That'll just mean the future installment sucks rather than what we have now, which is still better than what we've had previously which was your entire point in your last post.
>>
>>25469058
I'm not even the anon you replied to, bitch. I'm just laughing at your faggoty cartoons, now Samurai Jack, that shit was my jam. Carry on...
>>
>>25469058

>they didn't drag it on

Actually they did, which is why it got canceled.
>>
>>25469079
I'm talking about over the garden wall which had like 10 episode and in those ten episodes its better than the whole pokemon series
>>
>>25469075
>now Samurai Jack, that shit was my jam
Samurai Jack sucked too, get rid of those nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>25469090

Samurai Jack was better than most cartoons. Doesn't make all those other cartoons shit. And people are defending XY, not the rest of the series.
>>
>>25469058
Not him but SU is absolute trash that not only copies from anime, but the creator purposely squashes any kind of lore for the gems for some absurd reason.

Gravity Falls dragged on much longer than it should have in all honesty and the last episode was a travesty of animation as far as the quality goes.

Samurai Jack also dragged on, if you hadn't noticed he's actually come extremely close to achieving his goal on several occasions but turned back to save people who would have been saved had he gone back and defeated Aku anyway. For example, the Monks.
On top of that the animation was iffy, they reused frames like you reuse your right hand on a friday night.
>>
>Pikachu sucks

???
He's always been capable of doing things a normal game Pikachu shouldn't be able to do. This isn't even new to XY.
>>
>>25469097
At least it wasn't an animated feminist wet dream
>>
>>25469029
>Some children's cartoons have an actual plot
And Some don't.

It's that simple.
>>
>>25468864
>Naruto
Just cause XY is closer to a traditional shounen series than most of the seasons doesn't mean it's 'Naruto'.
>>
File: 1437072892455.gif (1 MB, 279x219) Image search: [Google]
1437072892455.gif
1 MB, 279x219
Why are we even discussing this? This isn't /a/ or /co/ so why compare whether a certain children's cartoon is better than another? And besides, who cares if we think the show is good or not, we're not the kids they're aiming the show at.
>>
>>25469109
>Gravity Falls dragged on much longer than it should have in all honesty and the last episode was a travesty of animation as far as the quality goes
>40 episodes
>dragged on
What? The pacing was the best thing about it.
>>
>>25469179
Because everybody wants to prove they're the most badass computer chair expert on this stuff.
>>
>>25468073
>>
>>25469201
The length of the series has nothing to do with whether or not it dragged on or not, you could tell there were way too many filler episodes than there needed to be.
>>
>>25469201
It wouldve been good if they killed Stan desu. I felt emotional impact when I thought he was gonna sacrifice himself in a fire but as soon as it was just like "LE MEMORY CAME BEK" I was disappointed.

It did not drag long at all thought wtf
>>
>>25469419
But Gravity Falls was never meant to be a series where every episode advanced the main plot. Everything else expanded the lore and built upon the characters. The Giffany episode and Northwest Manor Noir were filler, but had every right to be in the series, for instance.
>>
>>25469436
>Everything else expanded the lore
Arguable.
Also they didn't expand the lore where it mattered especially since Gravity Falls is still just one big oddity magnet without explanation.
>>
>>25469469
That's just the way the town is. From my point of view, explaining the magic would actively detract from it.
>>
>>25469540
Anon, you do know the show was about the mysteries of Gravity Falls right as well as solving them, right?
>>
>Ash has superpowers
>Ash is only 11
>Ash should have died 100 times over
The real fucking question you should be asking is what the fuck is Ash, his pikachu ain't shit compared to him.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.