[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SuMo is Nintendo's THIRD attempt at a "reboot"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: sumo.png (65 KB, 1744x871) Image search: [Google]
sumo.png
65 KB, 1744x871
SuMo is Nintendo's THIRD attempt at a "reboot" and I use that term loosely. First it was Black and White, and Black 2 White 2 was their attempt at the ORIGINAL Gold and Silver (Pokemon 2, look it up). Then they were like fuck it, and made X and Y their new Red and Blue (the logo colors, the genwun pandering, etc, etc). But nope, that shit bombed.

Now we're at the literal 20th anniversary of Genwun. Sun and Moon are going to be their THIRD attempt at striking gold like they did at the start of their franchise. Just look at the fact that the VC releases of RBGY can connect directly to Sun and Moon but not X and Y.
>>
>>25464704
They can't pander to Genwunners forever you know.
>>
for those who don't know about Pokemon 2

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Gold_and_Silver_beta#First_mention_of_Pocket_Monsters_2

>>25464718

considering Ninty is a bunch of retards and their core demographic is casualfags who only like pikachu and charizard, yes they can
>>
>>25464704
>SM is Nintendo's THIRD attempt at a "reboot" and I use that term in the most autistic way possible.
ftfy
>>
Gen 2 was cucked by Kanto.
Gen 5 was an attempt to replicate Kanto.
Gen 6 might as have been the second Kanto remakes.
Gen 7 is found to have loads of pandering due to the anniversary and RBY compatibility.

THIS is the nature of the series called Pokemon. Gens 3 and 4 were only ones to not completely submit in some form to he Big K, and even they had to put up with remakes of it or its cuck.
>>
>>25464704
>that shit bombed.
>14.5 million sold
>bombed
>>
>>25464790
The average iq of /vp/ users isn't very high
>>
>>25464787
Gen 4 had tons of evolutions for Gen 1 Pokémon though.
>>
>>25464839
And gen 2 remakes that had kanto
>>
File: pizza hut in the garage.png (114 KB, 354x407) Image search: [Google]
pizza hut in the garage.png
114 KB, 354x407
>>25464704
>XY
>bombed
>>
>>25464824
I think that the echo chamber quality to /vp/ makes people forget that XY (and even ORAS) went down just fine outside of /vp/. Not the greatest gen ever, but you really only see this "gen 6 is absolute irredeemable shit" attitude here.
>>
>>25464870
True but as far as games go why is soul silver and heart gold the best ones
>>
>>25464839

In its defense most of them weren't available until the post-game or Platinum.
>>
>>25464883
I think the popularity is due to 3 main factors
>johto nostalgia of course
>came out about the time most original fans were high schoolers/college students and therefore out of the "pokemon isn't cool anymore" phase
>great post game content, both kanto and battle frontier
>>
>>25464870
Just wait until Gen 7 finally begins with Sun and Moon. /vp/oreons will be praising Kalos just like they're praising Unova now. The Zelda Cycle doesn't apply to Zelda games only.
>>
Fuck the genwun haters.

I don't play new Pokémon until it's confirmed that I can fairly quickly get Abra and Dratini.

I love new mons, but I need muh Poké veterans.
>>
>>25464945
How do you stand for two slots to be taken up by the same pokemon over and over? I can barely handle raising the same pokemon twice.
>>
>>25464704
>third
>>
>>25464870
To be fair, the other social misfits hate Gen VI too.

http://tamae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poke/1456503319/
http://www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/5398.html
http://ndsmk2.net/3ds/title.php?title=705
>>
>>25464839
They had a ton of evolutions for past Pokemon period
>>
>>25464979
Pokémon games aren't worth playing if you can't use at least one of your favorites.
>>
>>25464787
>gen 2 was cucked by Kanto
>implying Kanto wasn't just added later because the games felt short
>>
>>25465067

>Oak in the introduction
>Kanto Pokemon everywhere. Most gym leaders don't use any Johto mons.
>Champion Lance
>Villains are a pathetic Team Rocket remnant

No matter how you look at it, Johto is a cuck. Or it's living in Kanto's shadow if that particular word seems overused to you.
>>
tin-foil hats
>>
File: 1382526760205.png (253 KB, 329x305) Image search: [Google]
1382526760205.png
253 KB, 329x305
>>25464979

>Not having at least one bro that's stuck with you for the entire franchise.

I honestly pity you.
>>
>>25465019
Weeaboo nolifes and otaku garbage are both entitled shits? Color me surprised
>>
XY was a huge fucking hit, dude. It made GF millions upon millions of dollars. It sold better than gen 3 did.
>>
File: 1423520499868.png (229 KB, 514x453) Image search: [Google]
1423520499868.png
229 KB, 514x453
>>25464849
LOOK, YOU BIG-EARED FREERF
>>
Odd gens > Even gens
>>
>>25464870
This. Its a shame, we could see legitimate and well thought out criticism, but instead its just a sea of endless shitposting. Nothing constructive or thought provoking, no discussion of what worked and what didnt and why.

>>25464704
>the logo colors

Almost every gen echo's Red and Blue as their main color scheme. Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl, Black and White even had Reshiram and Zekrom's secondary colors as Red and Blue (not to mention B2W2 which were more explicit).

Red and Blue is pretty much Pokemon's colors.
>>
>>25465167

When it comes to this, my autism is so fucking strong. I never move my pokemon up from older games. I have to breed new ones every time. I can't stand the thought of my other games being barren.
>>
The fuck is wrong with red and blue? They're very aesthetically pleasing. What else would you prefer? Yellow and pink? Green and purple?
>>
>SuMo
fuck off
>>
>>25464718
Mario is still a thing, so yeah they can.

Hopefully they wont.
>>
>>25464870
>but you really only see this "gen 6 is absolute irredeemable shit" attitude here.
An attitude that you do see here is that "sales indicate quality"
>>
>>25464945
>I don't play new Pokémon until it's confirmed that I can fairly quickly get Abra and Dratini.
So you dont like Gen 1 then?
>>
>>25464787
Gen 2, 4, and 5 were all good because they kept the Kanto in balance
Gen 3 was awful because it had too little
Gen 6 was awful because it had too much
>>
God I hate genwun so much
>>
>>25465341
>durrrrrrrr i cant come up with a good counter argument so im just gonna autistically be pissed at a contraction of two words
>>
>>25465461
Exactly
>>
>>25465279
red oni and blue oni confirmed
>>
>>25464704
>X and Y their new Red and Blue
>But nope, that shit bombed.

It's literally the best selling 3DS game. Nintendo is laughing at you
>>
I like the story of XY
>>
>>25465484
>projecting that I care about the thread's topic
>>
>>25465341
>>25465484
Wait why would you not just call them SM?
It's not like we call the old games ReBlYe, GoSiCr.
What fucking changed?
>>
>>25465591
It is because SM is an abbreviation for sadomasochism.
>>
>>25465608
so?
>>
>>25465608
And SS is an abbreviation for 'Straight Shota'

I don't really care if people say it as 'SuMo', but it seems incredibly immature that one can't just say S/M on a Pokemon board for some reason just because it shares abbreviation with another word.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.