[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DEAR GF PLEASE GET RID OF HM IN GEN 7 THANKS /VP/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
DEAR GF
PLEASE GET RID OF HM IN GEN 7

THANKS

/VP/
>>
>using HM slaves
>>
>>25463137

>Not just keeping HM slaves in the box until you actually need them.
>>
File: anime.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
anime.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>25463137
using legendaries
>>
>>25463137
>not loving your Bibarel enough to accept it as part of your team
Disgusting
>>
Honestly though, In-game playthroughs are easy enough that you can waste plenty of moveslots on HMs and still finish the game with no problem. You can finish the game with all NFE pokemon with HMs and still have no big issues.
It is autistic to complain about HMs.
>>
>>25463580
I use moveslots as a means of making pokemon fights interesting. If I have to remove a fun move with something as generic and boring as cut, I'm unhappy.

For HGSS, I've so far caught 3 HM slaves. 3.

>>25463491
I do this. My HM slaves are all around my team's level.
>>
>>25463209

>having to go back to the pokemon centre and waste time
fuck off
>>
I think that the novelty of HMs already ended some gens ago, it , the idea of using moves of your pokémon to get over obstacles was fun at the beginning, but it's not interesting anymore.

They need of a new system, explore new concepts of exploration and progression.
>>
>>25463753
I love optional outside of battle moves. They are seriously one of my favorite aspects of the pokemon games. Required HMs? Not so much.
>>
I want more HM use so we can have actual dungeon puzzles of any sort

Just make Cut not shit and there won't be a problem
>>
>>25463753
HMs would be okay if they were all as useful as surf.
I like the idea of using outside battle moves to help with things like breeding, finding pokemon and navigating the world.
>>
File: 1451914707132.gif (196 KB, 264x269) Image search: [Google]
1451914707132.gif
196 KB, 264x269
>>25463871
>mfw not even Surf is as useful anymore thanks to the existence of Scald
>>
>>25463753
>>25463772
Almost all of them were introduced in gen 1 and 2, except Secret Power.
Maybe GF just needs to make some mor ecool out-of-battle moves
>>
>>25463189
>Currently playing Red
>Mew is called "FIX HMs!"
>>
>>25463137
>legendary
>Eeveelutions
>Charizard over your original starter
>electric rodent
>worst gen 5 dragon

You are literally satan.
>>
>clearing the E4 with your HM slave

but why?

btw your team is trash. It's like you're a combination of a 10 year old boy and a girl that doesn't play Pokemon but watches the show because they're cute.
>>
>>25463888
Gen 4 had Rock Climb and Defog, just saying.
>>
>>25463871
>>25463884
Oh, useful in battle, I was confused. I'm like, does Scald let you just, evaporate lakes?

>>25463888
Teleport, Dig, Headbutt, Softboiled, what else? It has been a while.

I remember being so sad Teleport and Dig couldn't be used as Escape Rope any more. I'm pretty sure Dig was an escape rope for caves and Teleport was an escape rope for anything period.
>>
>>25463891
>worst gen 5 dragon
You wanted to say the best, the rest is pretty accurate, though.
>>
>>25463943
Scald is a move introduced in Gen 5 that's also a TM Move that does 80 Base Damage, but also has a 30 (THIRTY) Percent Chance to Burn.
Which, in other words, means Water Types are more likely to cause a Burn than any Fire Type.
>>
>>25463891
>Worst Gen 5 dragon

Hydreigon is my favorite Gen 5 dragon, but Haxorus is a physical beast.
>>
>>25463967
Haha. Fucking retarded power creep. What were they thinking?

>But it thaws frozen pokemon!

Whatever.
>>
>>25464000
"Haha, fucking retarded power creep" is a great way to describe a lot of the meta changes move-wise in Gen5 and 6.
>>
>>25464081
It is funny, today I was thinking "Wouldn't it be awesome to have a dunsparce with ancient power? It having Serene Grace and all", so I looked it up to see if it could get it as an egg move.

Imagine my surprise when Dunsparce learns it by leveling up and has since like, Gen 4.

This isn't really related to the increase in powerful moves, but looking at the Gen II list of moves available by level up compared to the gen 6 list of moves available by level up is very comical.

Every pokemon gets like fifty moves with stab bonuses and of both physical and special and all these weird moves here and there.

Great for people like me, but just funny.
>>
File: 1348326134593a.jpg (12 KB, 159x150) Image search: [Google]
1348326134593a.jpg
12 KB, 159x150
>>25463137
>get rid of HMs. Just make all Flying types capable of flying you around a la Latios in ORAS
>bring back trainer customization and make it the new standard
>bring back first slot Pokemon following you around
>bring back Pokeball customization but improve upon it
>bring back touch menu screen and forgo the shitty gimmicks like Buzz Feed and Amie (They dont need a whole screen dedicated to them. Just make put them in a sub menu or under one menu tab. Amie for example can be an option under the Pokemon summary tab)
>bring back the difficulty option like in B/W but make it available from the start
>remove the Name Rater. Allow players to change their OWN Pokemon's name whenever and wherever. Seriously, this is ridiculous. I named the damn thing so why cant i change it myself?. Traded Pokemon can retain their nicknames for sentimental purposes.
>let all Fire Pokemon naturally speed up an egg's hatch time
>rebalance the stats of shitty, NU/PU Pokemon to make them a little more viable
>redistribute/redo Abilities but put some actual thought into it. Hidden Abilities was suppose to fix this but even some these are pointless like Limber Stunfisk and Telepathy on anyone. Also, make ALL abilities viable in combat. Runaway for example should allow Pokemon to be able to always retreat even from Arena Trap/Shadow Tag/Magnet Pull.
>>
>>25463884
>what are Double Battles
>>
>>25463891
>worst gen 5 dragon
But that's Druddigon
>>
File: 621.png (35 KB, 445x393) Image search: [Google]
621.png
35 KB, 445x393
>>25464366
Druddigon is best. Get fucked, loser.
>>
The bike should be replaced with the ability to ride certain pokemon
>>
>>25464485
Like Gardevoir.
>>
>>25463137
Bait
>>
>>25463919
those were HMs, you dopey twat
>>
>>25463919
Rock Climb had some decent moments where you scale really tall stuff, but Defog was just the same as Flash.
>>
Now that tms are used however many times you want hms are just an inconvenience
>>
>>25463943
>Dig, Teleport and Soft-boiled from gen 1
>Headbutt, Milk Drink, and Sweet Scent from gen 2
>Secret Power from gen 3

Everything is or was an HM at some point
>>
>>25464874
Man, these were the best.
>>
>>25464885
There's probably a bunch of items you could replace (or have as well as, like Honey/Sweet Scent) with pokemon moves and it would be sweet as fuck
>>
>>25464895
It is just one of those things that makes a pokemon more real and adds variety to moveset combinations.
>>
>>25464493
CAAAAARRRRRRLOSSS
>>
>>25463137
But HMs is what makes maps fun to explore. Otherwise you end up with boring circle regions with no sense of wonder like Unova and Kalos.

Pretty sure the only real problem people have with them is that they cannot be easily deleted, so maybe turn the useless ones into key items (eg. Cut - pruning shears) and leave the useful ones as they are, and then invent some new ones. If there is something Pokemon needs is more exploration, not less of it.
>>
>>25464956
What they should do is let every Pokemon automatically be able to use its field effects without having to learn the move as soon as you get the gym badge. Or at least make the moves themselves forgettable but you would still be able to use the field effects after deleting the move.
>>
>>25463137
Anon... Why would you walk into the E4 with a fucking HM whore?
>>
>>25463692

>Being in such a rush all the time.

Stop and smell the roselias, man.
>>
>>25465541

All HMs should be turned into TMs, and their functions should be taught via reusable items that don't actually involve making them learn a new move.
>>
>>25463137
>boxing your starter
>using legendaries
>2 fairy types
>using HM slaves
Leave.
>>
File: yess.gif (1 MB, 387x174) Image search: [Google]
yess.gif
1 MB, 387x174
>>25465704
>>boxing your starter
it's good shit you should try it
>>
>>25463137

They just need to make HM's viable

>Cut
Now steel type. 60 BP. causes 1/16 of damage after turn for 2 turns.

>Rock Smash
Does 3x Super Effective Damage instead of the usual 2x. (this way, non fighting types can have a viable fighting move) Reduce acc to 90%

>Strength

Strength is now am inverse normal type Low Kick/Grass Knot.

>Surf, Waterfall, Fly

fine as they are

>Dive

increase BP to 100

>Rock Climb (if they ever decide to bring it back)

Now ground typing.
>>
>>25465704
>boxing your starter
You mean you don't? What are you a casual or somethin? Starters make the game far too simple.
>>
I just don't get what's so bad about a pokemon being able to forget an HM the way it would any other move. Why was that idea ever implemented in Gen1 anyways?
>>
>>25465749
You could get stranded if you allowed people to do that.

As in, be stuck in a place where you literally can't get out.
>>
>>25465767
In gen 1 it made sense, because you could store HMs in the PC.
If you were able to delete HMs now, is there any way you'd be able to trap yourself? You would just be able to reteach the HM.
There is something in place that prevents you from trading pokemon out of your party that know HMs, so just leave that in. I can't think of any other way you'd be able to permanently trap yourself.

>Use cut to bypass a tree
>Use Surf to enter the water
>Climb up a waterfall
>Delete all the HM moves
>oh fuck im stuck help
>wait nevermind i can just reteach the moves i was missing

One change they would have to implement would be not handing out the HM until AFTER the associated badge is acquired. Say, being given Surf around gym 3, but not unlocking its out-of-battle use until gym 5, like what R/S/E did with Cut. Because you could then receive a pokemon in a trade that knew Surf, could surf to an island or something similar, and then delete surf.
I personally don't see anything wrong with restricting access to an HM until AFTER the associated gym is beaten.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.