[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon are real >like every boy your dream is to become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: Sad_Totodile_by_Toumorokoshi.jpg (77 KB, 560x657) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Totodile_by_Toumorokoshi.jpg
77 KB, 560x657
>Pokemon are real
>like every boy your dream is to become a pokemon master

Did you ever follow your dream?

I sometimes imagine the world with pokemon in it, and where I would fit in to that world. I imagine a young boy crying because his totodile chipped a tooth. As a pokemon dentist I know that it is not a problem and I can fix it but for this boy he is worried that his chances of becoming a pokemon master ended because he commanded his totodile to bite a geodude. His passion for his dream reminds me of when I was his age, wanting to go out on my own traveling the world battling pokemon. But that never happened. I stayed home, and became a pokemon dentist.

So /vp/ were do you fit into the world of pokemon? Are you actually a pokemon trainer or are you just a normal person with maybe one or two great pokemon friends?
>>
I would hate to see my friends get hurt so i doubt id be a serious trainer. Maybe i could be a pokemon ranger and defend my friends from poachers, or take care of pokemon in a daycare
>>
>>25461473
I'd be a trainer, for sure. I always wanted to try my hardest, though if my life were to go the same way as it has now, maybe with some variance, of course that wouldn't be a thing. I'd definitely have Pokemon, though. At times they'd feel like my only friends as well.
>>
File: tumblr_mu1r1sM0pv1sq5jdpo1_500.png (91 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu1r1sM0pv1sq5jdpo1_500.png
91 KB, 500x276
>>25461473
I'd be a relative of the Blackthorn family, and get an ESpeed Dratini as my starter
>>
I'd probably be content being the big fish in a small pond that is whatever non-gym town I'd live in.
>>
>>25461918
nice gary stu life you got there
>>
>>25461473
Being a pokemon master is boring as shit.
>>
I'd be a trainer, if it was like the Pokemon world where traveling around was a viable life choice.

Wouldn't be a battler, I'm pretty shit at battling, I'd just want to go everywhere and catch everything.
>>
>>25461473
I doubt I'd be skilled enough to even own a Pokemon, let alone become a master.
>>
Is Adventurer an option? I'd love to see the world and it's pokemon, seeing and knowing more about it rather than getting tied up with fighting random assholes on the side of the road.
>>
All I want is to be friends with pokemon, I have no desire to battle, despite society's insistence that is what boys do. Instead, I study science and math in my endeavor to be a scientist. Sadly, it is not to be, as biology is one of the hardest sciences in existence, and it is too complex for me to handle. My pokemon remain by my side and I find that what I truly loved about pokemon is witnessing the wonders of their abilities. I live a simple life telling tales that capture the wonder and majesty of pokemon.
>>
>>25461944
Someone's gotta live the Pokeprivileged life anon
>>
File: 220x200.jpg (10 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
220x200.jpg
10 KB, 220x200
I'd still probably be the no life loser who'll probably kill himself one day.
>>
File: 14243506.jpg (2 MB, 2037x2795) Image search: [Google]
14243506.jpg
2 MB, 2037x2795
>>25461473
Something like I would in this world if money and social pressure weren't involved: Travelling from city to city with a trusty guitar and one Pokemon to have company. I would teach it to sing and we would play nice music wherever we travel.

I'd travel afoot to every corner of the world with them, experiencing people, nice views and having nice stories to tell. Some nights being there under the stars with my companion until sleep takes hold of us both.

A pretty simple life. I'd leave pretensions of battling and be masters for other people.
>>
>>25461473
Not every seems to realize how much work goes into taking care of Pokemon when the dream of mastery crosses their young minds.
Very few people have the resources to even feed a Charizard or a Salamence let alone the will to discipline one.

I've found a friend in Ivysaur.
Photosynthesis helps keep the food bills down most of the year and his vines can be both helpful and entertaining.
After you've raised one a while their more solitary nature lets them stay out of trouble while you're away for the day, at work or wherever you need to be.
>>
File: Soralust.jpg (30 KB, 300x337) Image search: [Google]
Soralust.jpg
30 KB, 300x337
>>25462346
>his vines can be both helpful and entertaining.
Go on.
>>
>>25462407
With a little training he can now fetch things for me, off of counters and tabletops.
And he's learned to form form them into a variety of shapes. He can do a fish, a flower and an arrow so far.
>>
>>25461943
Not hard. Some towns only have 3 houses.
>>
>>25462178
If you do kill yourself, I suggest doing it in a creepy, abandoned location in the dead of night so that when they find your body rumors will start cropping up.
>>
I don't think people understand how much trouble being a pokemon master is. Or how few people actually become one. There is only ONE league champion. You have to be the best in your whole region.

>Be 23 living at home.
>mom: "Honey shouldn't you go out and get your last two badges."
>"Arcius Mom, I told you I can't train pokemon right now, I am watching anime."
>Mom: "You used to love going outside what happened?"
>"Nothing happened, I am still going to be a champion. Now make me some ramen."
>>
File: 1404056424071.jpg (24 KB, 480x344) Image search: [Google]
1404056424071.jpg
24 KB, 480x344
>have a stutter

unless i had some way of telepathically commanding my pokemon i would struggle
>>
Obviously I'll raise a Wooper into a Quagsire, and we'll become stars at Pokestar studios.
>>
File: it would be extremely nutritious.png (466 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
it would be extremely nutritious.png
466 KB, 1000x1000
It'd probably be how most hobbies turn out for me:
I'd be immediatley better than about 90% of the people around me, but there is always one gym leader who tears my asshole open without even trying. Through pure laziness, I never put in the work or time into getting any better than this level, so I just come to accept my skills being in an eternal plateau and learn to enjoy the times I do win instead of thinking about the times I lose.
>>
Would it be worth it trying to raise more than six mons, or the concept of catching them all? Is it bad to think about that if you have a bunch of mons stored in the PC who will never probably set foot on physical ground again because they're just there for completionism and show?
>>
>>25461473
I'd have been the kid who wanted to be a pokemon master but got caught up in too many hobbies to make it a reality. Probably be primarily a grass type trainer.
>>
Pretty much any job is going to just be using pokemon or making them do stuff. I guess programming and engineering would be about the same, but the Pokemon world seems so heavily automated and advanced that there doesn't really seem to be a need for people to work to survive. That's why everyone can just goof off and battle Pokemon all the time.
>>
>>25464528
In the manga, it's considered bad form to own more than "six or eight" because it's irresponsible. There's not a quest to catch them all. I bet it would be the same if pokemon were real.
>>
>>25464528
That's why the anime has Pokemon get stored physically at Professor Oak's lab, Pokemon Centers, or with another daycare or breeder. I think it'd be much the same. After all, they still need to be fed and stuff if they're in a ball.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 599x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 599x495
>>25461473
I wouldn't want to be a pokemon master. I'd probably open up some small business like a ramen shop where my pokemon would help me out. We'd go exploring all over the region looking for different ingredients and enjoying the scenery. Life would be good because I wouldn't have any high aspirations like being a champion,being with my pokemon would be all I need. If my business failed is likely become a historian to teach people about lore while also traveling around myself discovering more about pokemon lore
>>
>>25462657
Just train and bond with psychic types
>>
>>25461473
>>like every boy
I'm a girl.
>>
>>25464960
Thanks girl
It was of vital importance to let us know girl
>>
I always wondered how schooling would work. I feel like the age to go on a trainer journey would be bumped up to 16 or something. Maybe continuing education after Middle School is optional, or there's satelite learning centers you can pop in on as you travel and have to complete a certain amount of schoolwork per week. Or maybe you are alloted x amount of time off from school per year, and schools have specific programs from trainers.
>>
Reminder that if you weren't the kind of person with a 4.0 GPA and two athletic clubs, you are too much of a loser to have been able to be a successful pokemon trainer. You have to be able to strategize in split second decisions, be self-sufficient for long travel and dangerous situations, hike or bike for many dozens of miles, be able to empathize with animals, know how to control and train another living thing, take care of yourself, take care of others, have emotional stability and control, manage relationships and first impressions with total strangers, and navigate complex social structures. The reason most of you studied a kid's game so hard is because you couldn't accomplish any of that. The game skips over all the grueling minutia of actual training and actual travel.

You'd fail at being a pokemon trainer as much as you failed at everything else.
>>
>>25464980
Or maybe you should just not assume? It's not hard. She's pointing out that anon is a NOBODY. Assigning any identity to them is fallacious as fuck, and incredibly egotistical. Hell, /vp/ has one of the largest female populations of any of the boards. You're just butthurt because it got pointed out that you're being a retard.
>>
>It's another day in the pokemon world
>You wake up, and get ready to resume your journey when, suddenly...
>You can't believe it, as you head out of your tent you see a majestic creature flying around, one that reminds you of the legends you've heard in villages
>You're almost sure that creature is the legendary pokemon Ho-Oh
>Suddenly, the phoenix stops its mindless flight and starts gliding in your direction
>Could it be? Is this finally your chance? Your moment of truth, something that will set you apart from the other trainers
>You look at your pokeballs, looking for a pokemon that could face such a beast, as it passes right by you
>You turn around, perplexed, and are even more shocked at the scene you find
>The majestic creature, existing only in legends, is challenging a 10 year old boy who started his journey not more than week ago
>You try to accept this, staying possitive with the thought of being able to see something so extraordinary, at least
>Then, with a single hydro-pump from the boy's Blastoise Ho-Oh goes down
>Satisfied, the bird flies back into the horizon
>You hear the little kid in the distance as he meets another kid on the road: "My daddy's Blastoise is super strong, he just took down a Pidgeot in one attack!"
>>
>>25464960
Post your feet.
>>
>>25461473

Realistically I would probably have around three common Pokemon and one or two rare ones like Mantine or Skarmory that still aren't too huge or powerful.

I would use them as traveling companions and self-defense during travels mostly.
I think I would amount to a 4-5 badge trainer tops in skill although I might surprise myself.

I really think it would be difficult for a regular person to level a Pokemon much past 30 in the real world, having powerful Pokemon would probably be the domain of career trainers and the rich. Most people would probably have one or two level 10 or lower as pets.

If it's anything like the real world people who did manage to level them higher would start dumping them in the wilderness in their harder to feed and handle evolved forms, making it dangerous to travel.
>>
Jesus christ, OP. Pokémon don't exist and they never will. Autism isn't an attractive quality
>>
>get a Regenerator Slowbro
>get a Defiant Bisharp
>get a HA Serperior
>get a Heatran
>get a Mega Altaria
>get a Hydreigon
>git gud
>become King of the World, as no Champ or Karenfag is able to stop you
>???
>profit
>>
>>25461473

In the Pokémon world, I'd still be physically disabled, but because Pokémon seem to be easier to train than real animals, I might be able to have a service Pokémon to help me out with daily chores and basic living needs.

I'd love to be a trainer. I have an art degree so I'd probably be a trainer similar to Tracey, travelling around with a handful of mons and spending a lot of time drawing Pokémon rather than catching them.
>>
>>25465323

Fuck off m8 nobody gives a shit
>>
>>25461473

Honestly, being a trainer would be cool for starters, I'd just love to be able to go out and travel by foot however I could just like the games. If money wasn't a problem that would be the dream

I would like to explore and know more places, find out lore and secrets for the first years. Then maybe try to be a ranger, I love nature and the idea of actively trying to keep the world a good place appeals a lot to me. Also rangers don't need to have many pokemon; while I would like to have a big team I think I'm a little too laid back to properly care for them all. So having around three or so close partners to go in adventures with would be perfect
>>
>>25466714
But this is the same idea that every 10 year old on the planet has. Think of how many basketball-americans want to be pro basketball players or rappers. Now think of how many actual basketball champs and rappers their are. Its easy to say you would be the champion but that is what everyone says. There is only one heatran, do you really think you would be the one to discover and catch it?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.