[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 5 was and will always be the worst pokemon generation The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
Gen 5 was and will always be the worst pokemon generation

The pokemon designs are the least awful thing about gen 5 but are still vomit inducing.

If gen 5 is your favorite or you even like it a bit then you actually don't like pokemon and never have
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 225x225
>>
>>25459046
I am completely serious
>>
>>25459046
He's right though
>>
>>25459025
>if you like pokemon then you don't like pokemon

I love all gens but IV was the worst. The only people that disagree are the ones that got into pokemon again through DPP after skipping III
>>
File: tumblr_nqx4z8vXeC1qhqxfro1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x455) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqx4z8vXeC1qhqxfro1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x455
>>25459025
That's not possible, though, because it plays so much better than gen 4. Unless you like waiting two minutes every time you save, or being able to make lunch in the time it takes a battle to load, gen 4 will always be objectively the worst generation.

Gen 5 has flaws, there's no denying it, but playability is the paramount concern and in that regard gen 4 is the absolute bottom of the barrel.
>>
File: wow.jpg (13 KB, 201x206) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
13 KB, 201x206
>worst pokemon designs of the franchise
>least awful thing about it
>>
>>25459057
>>25459069

Retards
>>
>>25459025
Gen 4 is still worse with that terrible engine constantly causing slowdowns.
The only good thing about it was HG/SS.
Sinnoh was a shitty region with an awful layout.
>>
6. No third version and godawful remakes.
>>
>>25459075
It doesn't look or feel like a pokemon game at all beyond the battle system, so no I don't consider it "pokemon"
>>
>>25459095
I like how your only defense is poor loading times, lets forget how gen 5 was on the same system as gen 4
>>
God forbid people have differing opinions
>>
I love every generation of Pokemon
>>
>>25459128
What is Gen 6?
>>
>>25459149
Gen 5 are not pokemon games: FACT
>>
File: stocklaughter.jpg (7 KB, 239x250) Image search: [Google]
stocklaughter.jpg
7 KB, 239x250
>GEN 5 IS SHIT I HATE IT

Why do you hate Gen V, little anon?

>REE I DON'T LIKE THE DESIGNS

Okay, but since I'm assuming you're not an autistic 11 year old that judges things based on appearance, I'll ask again. Why don't you like gen v?

>THE DESIGNS ARE UGLY AND IF YOU LIKE IT YOU HATE POKEMON

But anon, your personal design taste doesn't determine any gameplay or features.

>FUCK OFF YOU FEDORA TIPPING FAG GET OUT UNDERAGE KID I BET YOU LIKE ICE CREAM CONES

Every time.
>>
>>25459128
the problem lies with you then
>>
>>25459192
I said the designs are the least of your worries, do you have that response saved on your computer?
>>
>>25459205

>"the designs are shit!"
>doesn't expand on that point because he doesn't have any other valid criticisms

my remarks still hold weight and you fucking know it
>>
Not everyday do you see a Gen 5 hater who says the Pokemon designs WEREN'T the worst thing about it.
>>
File: 1317597697456.jpg (50 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1317597697456.jpg
50 KB, 500x349
someone please tell tumblr user eevechu that we do not need more eeveelutions...
>>
>>25459138
I could have mentioned that a big percent of the pokemon introduced in that gen consist of evolutions of past pokemon.
The bad designs. The amount of legendaries. The slow surfing speed and the excessive use of HMs.
I was just too lazy to type them cause I wqw on my cellphone.
>>
>>25459025
It's so embarrassing how defensive /vp/ gets when someone rightfully calls out Gen 5 for being shit
>>
>>25459333

I think you meant to say:

>it's embarrassing when the vast majority call out a whiny, bitchy minority for complaining about something without good reasons
>>
>>25459025

I see this meme hasn't stopped
>>
>>25459333
It's embarrassing how you idiots think your shitty opinions are fact. Also,

>if you like Gen 5 you're not a true Pokemon fan

Lmao who the fuck are you to say what I like doesn't make me a fan, you little shit stain?
>>
>>25459398
>if you like Gen 5 you're not a true Pokemon fan
I don't see where I posted that
Try harder
>>
File: i am chill as fuck right now.gif (2 MB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
i am chill as fuck right now.gif
2 MB, 400x200
2 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 = 1
>>
>>25459192

I love Gen V, but who the fuck are you quoting? Patsy S. Straumann?
>>
>>25459398
>>25459333
It's embarrassing when shitposters attempt to shitpost but fuck up.
>>
>>25459412
4 > 5 > 2 > 6 > 1 > 3
>>
>>25459421

Literally anybody that gives those reasonings, hence the ''every time'' remark. Nobody in particular.
>>
>>25459412
>placing the worst gen at the top
Gen 2 was the gen that people started placing gimmicks above gameplay without giving a single fuck about removed features and content.
>>
>>25459485
Maybe so, but you can't deny it was the comfiest gen with some really great designs
>>
>>25459189
>WAHHHH I DON'T LIKE THE GAMES SO THEY'RE NOT REAL! FUCK YOU FAGGOTS WHO LIKE IT!
>>
>>25459515
Eh, in gen 2 it was just Gen 1 shit but rearranged, not much to call it's own.
Gen 4 really brought out the best of Johto and turned it into and aesthetic heaven.

The pokemon were really bland though.
>>
File: 1455590724627.png (140 KB, 222x257) Image search: [Google]
1455590724627.png
140 KB, 222x257
>>25459025
>mfw we'll never be able to play pokestar studios in glorious 3D
>>
>>25459569
At least we have the good contests.
>>
>people don't admit that BW2 are better than the first
>>
>>25459603
No one says BW are better than BW2 in any aspect other than the story.
>>
>>25459025
gen 1 had worse designs. we all just have nostalgia so we see past it.
>>
>>25459620

Dumbass Responses soon to come:

>Nuh uh Gen 1 was objectively the best because they just started out.
>Stop comparing Gen 1 and Gen 5!
>The designs were actually realistic looking. We didn't have trash and ice cream!
> Voltorb and Electrode are mimics so their designs are allowed. Fuck Trubbish for looking like a trash bag!
>Gen 1 is always the best faggot, shut up
>At least the designs were fucking cartoon and shitty!
And so on...
>>
>>25459656
all u did was attack gen 1 while not defending gen 5
>>
>>25459736
Not him but defending gen 5 will only garner responses on the level of those so he's basically just cutting out the middle man and pointing out the hypocritical nature of anyone arguing those points.
>>
>>25459736

>Showing all the retarded hypocritical praise for Gen 1 and hate for Gen 5 that happens on a regular basis
>attacking Gen 1
>PRAISE
>ATTACKING

Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>25459799
sure faggot, lets give you a shot then

Did you know black and white were made by essentially the b team at Game Freak?
>>
>>25459025
>Gen 6 was and will always be the worst pokemon generation
fixed
>the worst pair of games
>Few poemon introduced
>mega evolution
>region looks like shit
>gen 1 pandering
>worst remakes ever made
>>
>>25459881
Okay?
What does that have to do with this conversation exactly?
>>
I'm replaying gen 5 right now. I don't agree with you, OP. Gen 5 has some awful designs like trash and ice cream, but also very good ones like zebstrika and haxorus. Every gen has bad and good mons.

Gen 5 also has the best gameplay out of every pokemon game. Some of the mechanics the game has are brilliant, and to think it had to run on that awful DS engine.

I think gen 6, on par with diamond and pearl are the worst games. I'm specifically saying diamond and pearl because platinum fixed all the previous problems and is probably in the top 3 games of the franchise.
>>
>>25459911
>Poemon

Anyway I liked X/Y but I still think Gen 6 is awful, if S&M isn't the third version then there's no redemption.

Also Gen V a best, eat shit and die OP
>>
>>25459911
>>Gen 4 was and will always be the worst pokemon generation
Fixed
>universally agreed as the worst pair
>third game fixed fuck all about the game
>useless and ugly cross gen evos
>region looks like shit
>Furbait pandering
>Worst remakes ever made
The best part is that this can apply to every game!
Seriously though gen 4 was the worst and even though I rejoined with it I don't see why the younglings on /vp/ hype it up so much.
>>
>>25459736
He's saying that Gen 1 should be getting the same amount of hate for designs as Gen 5 does.

Most of Gen 5s designs aren't even that bad. It's always >muh trash and ice cream durr hurr Gen 5 suxx

No mention of the sun moth, ancient golem, war eagle, snail ninja, bug knight, ghost jellies, season deer, or elespider among others. Faggots always just point at 5 designs and call the entire Gen sit. Most of the designs are actually pretty average or good, but like all gems they have a few bad apples.

However, despite that, people seem to praise Gen 1 and the others even though peoples problems with gen 5 designs are evident in Gen 1 the most and all of the other gens as well. One common example, Muk vs Garbodor

Muk is literally shit that came to life from the moon, but garbodor gets hate for being a trash heap that came to life because of toxic exposure/humans.

>Muk is charming and it's a slime monster. That's normal in RPGs, faggot. Garbodor is literally fucking trash. They're out of ideas. What is that shit? It's hideous!

There are trash monsters in TV, movies, and games, too. Shut up. And charming? Shit, or 'sludge', is charming to you? Okay, good for you. Garb odor is a trash monster. Is it supposed to look like a fucking puppy or something? It's supposed to look like garbage...why complain about it when you don't say shit about muk.

TL;DR

Gen 5 haters who bitch about designs are fucking hypocrites. All Gens have good and bad designs, and Gen 5 is no exception. Disagree if you want (and most of you will), but it's true
>>
>>25459986
>universally agreed as the worst pair

I'll give you that one, D/P were complete shit
>third game fixed fuck all about the game

Besides the battle speed platinum fixed EVERYTHING I can think of, the battle speed was still ass but it fixed the surf speed, the postgame had more shit to do, added battle frontier, rematches etc.
>useless and ugly cross gen evos

Some were hits others were miss, same with mega evolutions.
Though I agree that the ones that suck are the worst pokemon ever made imo
>Rhyperior
>Lickilicky
Fuck GF rhydon was my bro
>region looks like shit

I don't see how its as bad/worse than hoenn and unova, it had that comfy music and one of the better victory roads
>Furbait pandering

Besides the obvious Lopunny and Lucario what else? Because every single game did this shit
>Worst remakes ever made

HG/SS were much better than OR/AS and I'm not even one of the OR/AS hate bandwagon. Had the most polish of any game aside B/W2.

IMO Gen 6 is worst for many of the same reasons!
Fuck Delphox/Braixen
>>
>>25459025
/vp/'s rule 4: Do not incite genwars.
>>
File: 1405885793338.png (29 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
1405885793338.png
29 KB, 640x753
>>25459569
>no 3D Giant Woman
>>
>>25460121
>added battle frontier, rematches etc.
Rematches are a given but the postgame didn't change all too much aside from adding a couple of legendaries.
As for the BF, well, it wasn't exactly recieved well among the masses. Especially with how attached people are to the Gen 3 one.

Fuck GF rhydon was my bro
I can relate they ruined Dusclops.

>I don't see how its as bad/worse than hoenn and unova, it had that comfy music and one of the better victory road.
Twisty as fuck to hide the linearity and it had you backtrack way too many times through Coronet. Plus the Swamps and Snow made it a chore to trudge through certain parts of the region, that snow route just before Snowpoint was painful and more tedious than the waters of Hoenn and the caves of Johto.

>Besides the obvious Lopunny and Lucario what else? Because every single game did this shit
Lopunny was obviously going for a different crowd that none of the other games went for intentionally, just look at the Mega for it.
Lucario on the other hand was literally everywhere after they discovered how popular it was among the fans, you couldn't go anywhere without Lucario shoved in your face, that also gave rise to more furry art than ever before.

>HG/SS were much better than OR/AS and I'm not even one of the OR/AS hate bandwagon. Had the most polish of any game aside B/W2.
Eh, that's debatable considering ORAS made an attempt at fixing some of the shit wrong with RS while HG/SS covered it with gimmicks. As well as giving us the worst Safari Zone yet, I mean, how do you make the safari zone that bad?
That said it does get an 8/10 for aesthetics.
>>
>>25459128
>It doesn't look or feel like a pokemon game at all beyond the battle system
That's why it's the best.
>>
>>25460095
lol I said gen 5's pokemon designs were the least troubling thing
>>
>>25460315
>postgame
Looking back plat didnt really do much other than add legendaries and rematches, I guess it seemed like alot to me since D/P were barebones as fuck.
And the BF wasnt nearly as good as emerald's true, however it was still welcome instead of just having the vanilla tower.

Im sorry for your loss, at least eviolite clops outclasses noir

>The swamps and snow
I can see how one would find that tedious, I found it ok since it wasnt everywhere but still it was a stupid idea I'll give you that. The worst was the great marsh, aka the worst safari zone ever put in the games.
As for victory road, I liked it better than X/Y's forgettable piece of shit and RBY's generic one (GSC too if you count that piece of shit as a victory road), Gen 5's is the best imo

>HG/SS gimmicks
It somewhat fixed Kanto being half-assed, added the best minigame in the main series in the pokeathlon, added rematches with upgraded levels, and added shit like the gb player I know its a gimmick but its still a nice touch.

I will agree it still didn't fix the shitty level curve but its kinda hard to do since after the 5th badge it goes non-linear, they should've put some sort of flags after you get a badge that raise the levels of the other path you didn't go, but this is game freak so expecting effort is too much.
>>
>>25459025
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
I know this is bait, but I never understood the animosity people had towards gen 5's pokemon designs. Gen 5 gave us based as hell designs such as:
>Haxorus
>Galvantula
>Scolipede
>Volcarona
>Chandelure
>Hyrdeigon
>Gigalith
>Escavalier
>Crustle
>Lilligant
Sure, some designs like Klingklang, Garbador, Vanilluxe, and the genies really phone it in and are pretty damn crappy, but they are a minority overall the other design which range from above average to god-tier. Every gen has had bad designs, Gen 1 is given a hard time for having so many boring and/or uninspired designs, but every single generation is guilty of this.
>>
I didn't like Gen 5's region that much in the original games but I felt like B2/W2 fixed the issues I had. Being able to get one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon (Volcarona) earlier in the story was nice too.
>>
>>25460245
Just catch a wild one and transfer it to the next generation, man. Duh.

https://youtu.be/PBw1rWuEnig?t=47s
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.