[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not saying this is likely to be real, but was this ever confirmed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: GFplease.png (85 KB, 369x1440) Image search: [Google]
GFplease.png
85 KB, 369x1440
Not saying this is likely to be real, but was this ever confirmed fake?
>>
Yes. Now fuck off.
>>
>>25458902
lol salty much?
>>
None of these species names appear to match the only Pokemon we've seen from the announcement trailer so I would definitely say its fake. We can assume that the new Pokemon is the regional bird and the only contender on this list is too far down to be it.
>>
I don't think so.

Personally I'm on the fence now: on one hand I want it to be real, since I can only imagine how GOAT the Dragon/Fighting master and Fairy/Flying angel Pokemon will be.
On the other hand, it would mean that Sun/Moon will have another small dex like Kalos.
>>
>>25458912

>lol
>salty
b-b-b-b-back to reedit
>>
>>25458956
lol chill senpai. You're emb-b-b-b-barrassing yourself.
>>
>>258922
766 COULD be the bird in the trailer. We still don't know exactly what type of bird it is.
>>
>>25458956
prob. a mlp fag, 40yr old, 600 lbs virgin in his mom's basement lol
>>
The dual typings and concepts for a lot of them are too good to be true.

GF drip feeds us cool typings, so I'd say no
>>
>>25458922
766 COULD be the bird in the trailer. We still don't know exactly what type of bird it is.

Sorry, I messed up, on phone
>>
>>25459055
I'm really not sure about that, the species name of 766 implies its a hummingbird whereas a lot of people have been speculating the new Pokemon to be based on either a woodpecker or a cardinal. Plus a typical theme with all but 2 regional birds (Hoothoot and Starly) has been to include Tiny *insert bird here* in the species name, and again 766 is a little too far down to be the regional bird being exactly 44 from the start of the list whereas every other regional bird has remained relatively close to the starters.
>>
>>25459214
you're right. I doubt it is real, but man if some of those typings/species don't sound interesting. I've wanted some of those concepts forever...
>>
>>25459214
>the species name of 766 implies its a hummingbird
Altaria is also known as the Humming Pokemon
>>
>>25458902
Calm
>>
>>25460271
humming, as in "soothing music," as opposed to the rapid humming sound of the wings.
>>
File: humm.png (2 MB, 719x678) Image search: [Google]
humm.png
2 MB, 719x678
>>25460271
>>25460304
>>
>>25460304
And literally how did you decide that the two have a different context?
>>
>>25460318
>>25460334
please read the thread.
>>
>>25458887

It's definitely fake, but I want that fucking spooky bed Pokemon.
>>
>>25459055
the 'woodpecker' could certainly be a cardinal or some other bird

but it's not a hummingbird
>>
>>25460349
>none of the species names seem to match the one pokemon shown
Key word: seem

>implies it's a hummingbird
But how? Because hummingbirds have humming in their name or because the revealed mon looks literally nothing like a hummingbird while still possibly being a songbird?
>>
>>25460364
this. so fucking this.
>>
>>25460428
lol electric implies fast/jittering movement, or even just darting around.

That's one of the most common ways fictional humming bird-like creatures get "elemental" attributes.
>>
>H2Otaa
what
>>
>>25460464
It's a reference to a samurai from the 1500s.

Tachibana Dōsetsu was in possession of a famous sword called Chidori (千鳥, A Thousand Birds). One day, while he was still a young man, he was taking shelter under a tree, as it was raining. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning struck him. However, Dōsetsu used his Chidori to cut the Thunder God inside the lightning bolt, allowing him to survive. After this incident, he renamed his Chidori to Raikiri (雷切, Lightning Cutter).
>>
>>25460558
confirmed for the nerd who made up the fake list
>>
>>25460575
Further, Chidori is the Japanese name for a species of plover. Note the upturned feather on its head.
>>
>>25460575
>>25460558
is it really you? because i'd like to compliment, that list looks really plausible and i've loved it, no kidding.
i just didn't really like the three ghost legendaries at the end, with the first being half-rock but the other ones half-steel, i'd have used a different type (ground? electric?) for one of them
>>
>>25460622
he probably just found good fakemon on deviantart and made up names for them. a lot of those ideas are played out.

>fruit fly
seen that at least a handful of times
>fairy ring
sage has that and i'm sure many others too
>snowflake bird
obvious
>peppanero
sage literally has a pokemon called hoppanero which is grass/fire rabbit
>poison/ground lizard
sounds like sage to me
>fire/water
right after volcanion? i don't think so.
>psychic/electric brain
played out
>ice/dark fang pokemon
sounds like sage again
>virus pokemon
>pincusion pokemon
>cheiftan pokemon
>dolphin, angel, fighting dragon
this is some obvious fan shit dude

i agree the legendaries are the worst.
>>
>>25460679
but are they played out if it's gamefreak that does them?
>>
>>25460901
gamefreak doesn't make pokemon the same way fans make fakemon

there is a fundamental difference in methodology which makes real pokemon designs often completely unpredictable. moreover this list has a an overeliance on western ideas. cheiftan? barbarian? rogue? lance? the whole thing feels like the brainchild of a westerner.

additionally, gamefreak would not have a pokemon species called "big earthquake" because they have become increasingly sensitive about the real life tragedies that earthquakes cause. they have no shown the move earthquake in the anime in over 12 years.
>>
>>25460971
>there is a fundamental difference in methodology which makes real pokemon designs often completely unpredictable.
that's because they design in groups. iirc something like 10-12 people designed the unova dex

>moreover this list has a an overeliance on western ideas. cheiftan? barbarian? rogue? lance? the whole thing feels like the brainchild of a westerner.
feels like an extension of the knight/mage/rogue motif that the starters had.

>earthquake
maybe they're moving on or making an exception because of the anniversary. otherwise this is a valid point
>>
>>25460595
welp, l'm convinced. Good call.
>>
>>25461067
it's that gamefreak regularly designs pokemon which have multiple layers of conceptual basis. many fakemon have 1 or 2 layers but real pokemon get complicated and it's for that reason why people are often dissapointed.

breloom doesn't look enough like a kangaroo. girafarig doesn't look enough like a giraffe. etc.

gamefreak works hard to make pokemon which reference real life animals but don't necessarily resemble them in simple terms.
>>
>>25461536
these are just names though, and not even english names
>>
>>25460558
This makes a lot of sense, and it's also pretty good proof that faggot that "admitted to having made the list with the help of an English-Japanese dictionary" was full of shit, since his explanation was much simpler, yet complex and involving like this chidori one when he had some explanation by some other anon to copy.
>>
>>25461936
There are a lot of neat references like that if you can understand the puns. Haotori -> Pachidori is only one of them.
>>
>>25463227
Sorry, I forgot to post them. Cielub, Cielophan, Cielaph are the angel names.
>>
>>25463227
I know that, people have pointed out many. I was mostly saying it's good evidence the tripfag that claimed to have made up this leak didn't do so, since he clearly didn't know any of the puns beyond what people had already posted here.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.