[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>That one kid's mom who thought pokemon was satanic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: 1441240620478.png (189 KB, 430x478) Image search: [Google]
1441240620478.png
189 KB, 430x478
>That one kid's mom who thought pokemon was satanic
>>
What the fuck does occult even mean? By definition how is normal religion not considered to be an occult practice?
>>
Aah, I remember that one, her kids thought I was a demon, good times!
>>
File: 1456705481589.gif (655 KB, 460x426) Image search: [Google]
1456705481589.gif
655 KB, 460x426
>that one kid's mom that would beat him when you came over to play pokemon
>>
File: Mary_XY.png (81 KB, 205x369) Image search: [Google]
Mary_XY.png
81 KB, 205x369
I'd give that mom a donut. Honesty pokemon is kinda of an obsession right now can't get it off my mind.
>>
To be fair, gen 1 was pretty fucked up.
>>
File: Baphomet.png (56 KB, 299x439) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet.png
56 KB, 299x439
>>25458082

The literal definition is "hidden".

Basically it's the stuff that mainstream religion calls Satanic and what science calls bullshit.

Symbolism, rituals, spirits, words having power, magic, old gods, and such. Lately Pokemon has been going deep with things like Azoth, Sun and Moon, and Magearna's creator being named after the occultist Eliphas.

You've seen this image before, right? Eliphas is the author of the book it comes from.
>>
>>25458050

My mom thought Yu-Gi-Oh was more satanic, she ripped my Yu-Gi-Oh cards
>>
>>25458687
lol same
>>
>>25458687
I was raised by my uber religious grandmother. She only thought Harry Potter was Satanic. My grandpa snuck me and my little brother to the HP movies behind her back. Based grandpa
>>
>>25458687
>>25458050
Never had that problem.
Mostly the reason cards were banned at my school was because kids like to trade them but then complained when the guy didn't want to trade it back..
>>
>>25459200
Why is magic considered satanic anyway isn't there something in the bible or other religious texts that said angels or God could also give magical power to humans? Basically black and white witches.
>>
>>25459242

Because those with power don't like to share.

Call magic satanic, get the plebs to hate and fear it. Make them into powerless cucks who can't see even see the true nature of things, let alone fight it.
>>
>>25459242
My grandmother believed that all witches and wizards were evil because a book (The Bible) told her so. I wouldn't know where in the Bible it says that, however. My grandpa, also a man of Christ, thought she was overreacting. And he was right.
>>
File: pokesatan[1].jpg (29 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
pokesatan[1].jpg
29 KB, 275x300
>>25458672

Baphomet, is a cool guy.
>>
>that one kid's mom who played pokemon
>>
>>25458050
But it's totally satanic. Just look at Vivillon.
>>
>>25459324
My mom played the TCG with me since she took me to Pokemon league back in the day. I don't know who showed her the haymaker archtype, but fuck them, my childish blastoise deck could never catch up.
>>
>>25458145
That's something.
>>
>>25459324
>that one kid's mom who played Pokemon because she thought it was Satanic
>>
>>25459308
I think those were just inventions from corrupted priest to scare people I don't think those were actually written in the book. Eck most of the "bad" things are not even in the book itself.
>>
File: Smug Ojou closeup.png (680 KB, 1152x646) Image search: [Google]
Smug Ojou closeup.png
680 KB, 1152x646
>>25458050
>All those kids that didn't have a gamecube and got jealous of you playing Colosseum and desperately wanted to play it but you told them no because you were busy with it
>>
My childhood friend missed out on smash bros growing up for this reason.

Suck it Romilldo!
>>
>>25459672
Nope, Leviticus says to stone witches to death and to not see fortune tellers, so it's not all made up by priests.
>>
>>25460473
Either way, it's all stupid as fuck to do or not do something because a book tells you too.

For example, you should respect your parents because they FUCKING RAISED YOU, not because it's one of the commandments. I realize there are some "parents" out there who don't deserve the respect, too, but my point stands.
>>
>Bought best friend crystal version in elementary school for his birthday
>His mom wouldn't let him keep it and made him give it to me

>Bought a different friend this PC Half-Life bundle with HL1, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, TF1, and Counter Strike all packaged into it for his birthday
>His mom wouldn't let him keep it so he gave it to me
>>
>>25459307
this. also hilariously Arkheans are basically Xtians of the Pokemon universe and are granted special powers by Arceus. and Hoopa Unbound could have probably beat up Arceus. where's your god now?
>>
File: 1415479563322.png (115 KB, 375x400) Image search: [Google]
1415479563322.png
115 KB, 375x400
What the fuck is wrong with americans and religion?
>>
File: 946949159.png (24 KB, 386x306) Image search: [Google]
946949159.png
24 KB, 386x306
>>25460571
anon, did you plan it all out so you could get the games the whole time? Cause that's what it sounds like.
>>
>>25460629
I don't remember planning it... But maybe I did subconsciously.
>>
>>25458672
that goat's hot
>>
File: 1447356985297s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1447356985297s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>25458050
I thought I was the only person who knew someone like this. That bitch was messing up her son more then I could ever know.
>>
My mom still won't let me play pokemon
>>
ITT: Things from the 90s that you don't miss
>>
>>25460592
conservatives and batshit old people that fall for crazy batshit beliefs because they're idiots. also because old people want to cling on to their regressive beliefs instead of letting younger generations change. if more young folks abandoned the batshit religious beliefs they were raised on this wouldn't be a problem. I can understand a mellow set of beliefs that doesn't try to invade the beliefs of others to try to push their own but when they go batshit they'll do anything to try to keep the beliefs in their family. the whole idea that parents can force beliefs on their children is what's wrong with America. it's not their kids having beliefs it's them shoving their batshit version of it down their throats. if they would just let them believe whatever the hell they want like human beings then there would be no issue. so basically antisecular conservatives are what's horribly horribly wrong with America. Every time some batshit religious person talks shit on secularism I want to hit them in the face. why can't we just stop pandering to the old people with batshit beliefs?
>>
>>25460578
>and Hoopa Unbound could have probably beat up Arceus.
Fuck the Hoopa movie and it's Arceus cockblock.
All the way I was hoping for that nigger to show up and fuck Hoopa's shit up and nothing fucking happened. Even after all of the legendaries made a fucking timespace distortion.
>>
>>25460730
>instead of letting younger generations change.
To be fair, the American youth aren't too much better.
They're crazy on the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
I remember when all these churches in Brooklyn got together to denounce Pokemon,Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon.They destroyed a bunch of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards(my Barrel Dragon card got destroyed).

Looking back on this I take pleasure in knowing that Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are still around and all those churches that denounced these series no longer exist.But I can't help but wonder what happened in the more religous parts of the country at the time.
>>
>>25460473

>>implying the men who rewrote the Bible over and over didn't include priests.

The Bible is the best selling fairytale storybook ever, nothing more, nothing less
>>
>>25460730
But I thought THE WORLD IS NOTHING BUT OPPRESSION, LET'S ALL OPPRESS EVERYONE FOR NO FLIPPING REASON WITH THE VERY SAME THINGS THEY OPPRESS US WITH, THAT'LL TEACH EM
>>
>>25458050
>that kids whose parents wouldn't let him play with anything popular because it was satanic and took all his games and toys except Monopoly
>>
>>25458050
Never played pokemom for that reason. Thinking about picking up the VC release of Red. Is it worth it?
>>
As far as I know, just every adult back then thought Pokémon was annoying. That whole "it's satanic and evil!" thing? Just an excuse to get that shit out of their sight.
>>
>>25460841
It's a nostalgia trip now, nothing else.
You will hate it.
>>
>>25460841
Your only reasons these days are
>For nostalgia
>For gamer cred
>Because someone else got one or both of the other games on VC
>>
>>25460932
>>25460864
I see. I guess I'll just wait for Gen 7
>>
>>25458050
These days its pretty much atheism that into complaining about stuff.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.