[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you like or dislike the Battle Frontiers? Which one was your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 68.png (191 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
68.png
191 KB, 2048x1152
Did you like or dislike the Battle Frontiers? Which one was your favorite? Is it a valid option for lasting postgame content?
>>
Emerald masterrace
>>
I only played the emerald one and love it
It was a perfect answer to the question of post game (even another region can get a bit stale but is still baller)
>>
>>25456904
never played it. After playing Ruby back then, didn't get motivated to play it all over again in emerald
>>
>>25456937
DPPtHGSS then?
>>
>>25456904
I liked the Pyramid and Pike but that's about it.
It pissed me off that they were removed in the gen 4 frontier.
>>
>>25456942
currently playing gen 4 and 5 on my 3DS... Never played them before
>>
>>25456904
They were a nice addition but ultimately I didn't really care about them. It's all RNG bullshit anyway and the only way to guarantee a win is to use a cheesy strategy that's really boring to use. Having said that, if they had put the Battle Frontier in ORAS then I might have given it another go since gen 6 made breeding much more streamlined.
>>
>>25456904
Personally I never use them but it was still bullshit to remove the feature.

Just like it was bullshit to remove gym rematches and to a lesser extent bullshit to retain the crappier gym teams
>>
>>25457109
god damn nigga you missed the 2 best gens
>>
>>25457152
>4
>best
>>
>>25457158
Not that anon but HGSS are the best games
>>
>>25457152
>5
>best
>>
>>25457158
>platinum/hgss weren't the best games in the series
>>
PWT was better in every regard
>>
>>25457158
4th gen was by far the best gen in every aspect. Well except story, which was 5.

>>25457175
It's 3rd best for me overall after 4 and 3.
>>
>>25457184
>we'll never get a game with both
>they'll never add all elite 4 members in as well
>>
>>25456904
>Did you like or dislike the Battle Frontiers?
Best thing GameFreak has ever done.
>Which one was your favorite?
The Emerald one of course. Liked almost every facility except for Arena and Hall (gen 4) both of which I could never really get into.
>Is it a valid option for lasting postgame content?
It should be the series staple like online battling by now. Fuck Maison.
>>
>>25456904
I quite liked the Battle Pike, Battle Pyramid and Battle Factory. Fuck Gamefreak for not including it in ORAS rather than making improvements to it.
>>
>>25457198
>Best in every aspext
>Slow as fuck
Let me guess, you were born on 1998.
>>
>>25457329
91 actually. So not even close. And yes, it was the best by a landslide. The improvements to the game mechanics were leaps and bounds beyond anything other gens have done, with exception of 3 which comes close.

Just out of curiosity, how the fuck did you come to the conclusion that I was born in 98? How the hell does that correlate to my post? If gen 4 was my first pokemon gen in fact, I wouldn't even be able to appreciate what an improvement it was over the previous ones.
>>
>>25457329
Why does everyone get so worked up about slower saving speeds and I guess HP bars falling

And Platinum and HGSS weren't as slow as D/P anyway, AND Platinum had by far the biggest endgame/sidegame with all that multiplayer stuff and battle frontier.
>>
greatest post game content in pokemon thus far

factory is the best, pyramid second
>>
>>25456904
I only cared for the Battle Factory. Sinnoh had better facilities like the Battle Hall and Battle Arcade.
>>
Battle Pike, Battle Dome, and Battle Dojo (or was it Arena?) were my favs
>>
>>25459389
>factory is the best
Mah nigger. Seviper is great too.
>>
>>25456904
Platinum's was the best just because you could play almost all of it co-op over wifi. All the bullshit was funny rather than frustrating with a friend.
>>
>>25456904
Never touched it because I was a faggot that didn't like the more challenging rules and I wasn't into breeding.

Now I like the challenge, but can't be bothered to go back to an old generation to see what I missed.
>>
>>25459468
bump
>>
Dome because I fucking love Tournaments and am still mad that the Pokemon League isnt how it is in the anime

I dont understand why none of the story modes involve grand tourneys
>>
I barely touched them in Emerald or Heart Gold.
>>
>>25456904
It still breaks my heart they didnt give enough shits to put it in ORAS.
The battle pyramid was always my favorite. So much fun
>>
>>25457198
>we will never have another legend trio as cool as the creation dragons
>>
I never really cared for it. It got boring after a few games, just like Mt Battle in Colosseum.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.