[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mew glitch to catch any Pokemon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: mew glitch.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mew glitch.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
I have a question, /vp/.

I know you can use the Mew Glitch to catch any Pokemon by using ditto, but you need to battle a trainer to activate the glitch.

So say I wanted 10 Pokemon from the glitch, would I have to make sure there are 10 available I haven't battled in order to make it work?
>>
>>25456741
Yes. You need 10 trainers to battle.

It shouldn't be that hard considering. If you're doing this to see what you get, there's a guide online showing you what every single trainer in the game gives you.

So far no one's tried it on oak though, I think. What is his last pokemon's special skill?
>>
>>25456774
Is this the guide you're referring to?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/924467-pokemon-green/faqs/23116
>>
>>25456741
You don't need 10, but that's the easiest way to do it. If you have less than 10, you can complete the glitch by losing to a trainer. The only thing the game needs is for you to end a battle, not win it. Also, I've heard that you can get get past that without fighting a trainer at all by using the PC to save by switching boxes, resetting so that your menu unlocks, and using Strenght to move a boulder to end the "player can't move" sequence that the game is expecting you to end. I haven't tried that, though.
>>
File: image.png (168 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
168 KB, 750x1334
>>25456741
An anon helped me with this the other day. Worked on yellow.
>>
>>25456741
No. If you lose the trainer battle it still counts. You'll lose a lot of money doing this, but Nuggets combined with Missingno. will solve this.
>>
>>25456865
Does this work on DS versions of RBY?
>>
>>25457086
Hey you saved my post wooo
>>
>>25456741
How soon into the game can i have both Charizard and Blastoise?
>>
>>25456741
OP I think you can just reuse the first trainer since you don't actually defeat him in battle.
>>
>>25458030
If you choose Charmander, you could have them before the second gym. There's a guy in route 6 that has the right Special to encounter Blastoise and you can start the glitch on Route 24 or 11 with Teleport if you catch an Abra on route 24.. Google Mew glitch map and you can find an image with all of the trainers and what you can use them for.
>>
>>25458095
I meant after the second gym.
>>
File: 1456872559459.jpg (4 MB, 4470x4200) Image search: [Google]
1456872559459.jpg
4 MB, 4470x4200
>>
>>25458095
cool, I guess that would that delay how soon I can get Mew, it I'm 'using up' that route 24 trainer for blastoise?
>>
File: z9POquw.png (556 KB, 777x3785) Image search: [Google]
z9POquw.png
556 KB, 777x3785
>>25458134
Missing hitmonlee and hitmonchan though.
>>
>>25456741
don't even sweat the other trainers, jsut need two, the one you initiate the long range battle with, and the next to lose to so you can use the long range trainer again. Keep a few long range trainers handy, too, because sometimes their ID numbers will cause them to be used up or incompatible with certain Pokemon. Then after you lose to the second trainer, go fight a ditto and have it transform into whatever Pokemon you want it to be (with the appropriate special stat.
>>
>>25458149
Are you fucking blind? There are like 3 of each visible on cycling road alone...
>>
>>25458140
No. The trainer you use to start the glitch isn't used up. The one that is used up is the one you fight after that. And only if you win. If you lose, no trainer is used up.
>>
>>25458140
You don't have to use him up as long as you have a trainer you can lose to on another route. If you clear out everyone there's a great trainer north of Vermillion you can warp away from, and lose to the slowpoke kid or whoever.
>>
>>25458172
I'm saying the graph i posted is missing the two fighting pokemon.
>>
>>25458177
>>25458182
Many thanks, I can finally end my dilemma of whether to choose Charmander or Squirtle.

Now to decide whether to caps lock my trainer name
>>
>>25458201
Don't use capitals. It'll look jarring if you ever transfer them up to Moon where everything else isn't capitalized.
>>
>>25458227
That's exactly what's been on my mind. But doesn't non caps lock look jarring when playing rby?
>>
As useful as I'm sure this glitch is, part of me feels like planning your team and when/where you catch new members is part of the charm. Plus, say I want a Rhyhorn (trainer in front on Thunder Wave afaik), it's not going to learn any attacks for like 20+ levels because of the whack learnsets.
>>
>>25458236
Kind of, but it's worth it to know that your pokemon are future-proof and the OT won't look retarded once you transfer them up.
>>
>>25458134
does anyone see a porygon on this map?
>>
>>25458177
So if a trainer has two available pokemon, to get the first one I'd have to lose to his first 'mon, and if I wanted the second then I'd have to lose/beat him?
>>
>>25456741
Does this glitch only work for Red & Blue, or will it work on Yellow too?
>>
>>25458201
BTW, just keep in mind that the trainer you fight after escaping the first one must have some room to walk towards you at least one tile. The trainer on route 6 that you have to fight to get Blastoise (you can see him in the map that other anon posted) is facing another trainer, so you have to talk to him to start the battle. So first you're going to have to fight another trainer to unlock your controls and then talk to him and fight him before going back to the area with the first trainer and finding Blastoise.

>>25458275
Yes.
>>
The losing instead of collecting unused trainers thing is a godsend. Learn something new about this game every day.
>>
>>25458294
For the 3DS version I mean
>>
>>25458270
Agatha's last Pokemon. Although for the glitch to work with the Elite 4, you need to fly away from the trainer, then battle another trainer that can walk up to you (and either win or lose), then battle the Elite Four and lose to Agatha's last Pokemon.

It's much easy to just raise a Pokemon with the correct Special stat and let a Wild Mew transform into it. Just do the Old Man glitch to get infinite Rare Candies and raise a Pokemon's level until it gets close to 170 (Porygon's index number). Then battle a few Gastly/Haunter in Pokemon tower, go to a Pokemon Center, deposit your Pokemon and withdraw it again. Then check its Special stat. If it is the correct value then you can perform the glitch with a wild Ditto. If its still too low then just battle more wild Gastly until it's the correct value.

Depositing a Pokemon and withdrawing it causes its stats to be recalculated (usually this only happens when you level up).
>>
>>25458294
>>25458402
The 3DS versions are literally just roms of the originals. Yes, the glitch works in all three versions.
>>
>>25458455
>Wild Mew
That's meant to say wild Ditto.
>>
>>25456741
so if i've battled the guy it' impossible right?
>>
File: 1434002911254.jpg (16 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1434002911254.jpg
16 KB, 512x384
for the glitch, do you have to teleport away from the same trainer? or can you teleport away from any trainer?

because I already caught two mews and defeated the trainer by the nugget bridge
>>
>>25458455
Thanks. I noticed that one in the elite four, too. I just wanted my bro near the beginning (I'm on SS Anne).

Looks like that's not happening with a special stat need of 170
>>
>>25456741
You dont need to battle a trainer to activate the glitch.

You just need one of those trainers that sees you as soon as you enter the screen to activate it, but you dont battle him and can use the same trainer to activate the glitch every time.
>>
>>25458502
If you look at the map above, any trainer that has a yellow highlight around it can be utilized for this glitch.

>>25458134

They can be reused forever as long as you never engage in a normal battle with them
>>
>>25458134
What does it mean when two Pokemon correspond to the same trainer? Does that mean it is random which one you get?
>>
There's some confusion regarding this, so here's some clearup.
In order to initiate Trainer Fly state, you only need one trainer. You make him see you for one frame, open the menu up and dig/teleport away to activate the state in the area. After returning there, the trainer will not be marked as battled though, so you can reuse him however many times you want to.
The Pokemon encountered this way will depend on Special stat of the last mon you fought. If you want to set it through trainer battles, you'll need to get defeated by the trainer unless you only want to get a specific Pokemon once.
You can also use the Ditto version. Just encounter a wild Ditto and have him transform into a Pokemon of your that has desired Special stat. After an encounter you need to make sure you don't get any other ones on your way to Trainer Fly area, as they will overwrite the value with their own special stat.
So technically the only trainer you need to keep unfought is the one you initiate the glitch with.
>>
>>25456741
Actually you can use the Elite four for infinite Mews, you go to change boxes at the PC, which saves the game for you, restart the game and get your menu back, beat the Elite four and proceed as normal. So long as you have one long range trainer you haven't beat, you can use this glitch infinitely. Found it on bulbapedia and tested it myself. Test it, I guarantee it works.
>>
>>25458964
and the trainer has to be the one near nugget bridge?
>>
>>25459254
no, any that move will work.
>>
so i fight a pokemon with the desired special stat
then i get seen by a trainer, hit fly before they can approach me
fly to a city and then encounter a wild pokemon?
>>
>>25459293
>>25459267
just need the final clarification pls
>>
>>25459606
wowee plz respond
>>
>>25458964
>you'll need to get defeated by the trainer unless you only want to get a specific Pokemon once.
wait shit you can lose and still do the glitch?
How does that not result in infinite mews?
>>
>>25459980
You dont even need to lose.
I can get infinite mews easily.

-Get a PKMN with 21 SP
-Start the glitch.
-fight a wild pkmn to fix the menu
-look for a ditto and make it turn into the pkmn with 21 sp
-kill ditto
-fly to lavander
-go right and voila, lvl 7 mew
>>
>>25460243
ditto glitch is too autistic, I'm talking before misty
Does killing urself work.
if so I'm going to marathon this shit while listening to hybrid theory start to finish
>>
so far, ive gotten Mew, Electabuzz, and magmar.
trying to get everything unobtainable in yellow, and i dont have someone to trade with, so that includes trade evos and one-time pokemon. Is this possible to do?
>>
>>25456741
As stated in the thread, you can lose to trainers to keep them available. If you run out of trainers, I believe you can battle the Elite 4 and it will still work.
>>
>>25460584
You won't be able to get all of them from the trainers, you can get the majority of them that way, but you'd probably need to do the Ditto method, for Weedle and Alakazam at least.

Have Mew, Gengar and Magmar at the moment. Wish I could get a Meowth sooner but there's only one trainer who has that special stat for it and it halfway through the game.
>>
>>25459293
No. First you get seen by one among a few specific trainers (look at the map up there), then you hit fly, then you fight another trainer to unlock your menu, then you fight a pokemon with the desired special stat (if it wasn't the trainer) and then you return to the area of the trainer you escaped from. Your game will pause itself as soon as you enter the area and the battle will start when you unpause.
>>
Just encountered missingno.
>>
>>25460584
Also, you're gonna want to grab a Dome Fossil, no trainer yields a Kabuto, if you want to avoid the Ditto variant of the glitch as long as possible.
>>
>>25458964
>Ditto Glitch
So let me get this straight:

-Initiate Trainer Fly State
-Go to Fuschia/Pokemon Mansion (Dittos)
-Let Ditto transform with the corresponding Special Stat
-Kill it
-Don't encounter anything else
-Go to the Trainer Fly area

Is that all?
>>
>>25465326

>Cinnabar

Otherwise, yeah. It might just be me, but I feel like there's a higher encounter rate of Dittos in Cerulean Cave, but whatever.
>>
File: ddd.jpg (205 KB, 723x539) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
205 KB, 723x539
>>25458134
This map is fucking bullshit
The dude pic related gives a gay Shellder, not Pinsir
I was already tricked by the Vermillion gym trainer, but it was because he didnt have the same mons in Yellow
For this Youngster on the other hand, the map is bullshit regardless of the version
He has one Sandshrew that gives a Shellder, and not two pokemon that give a Pinsir
>>
>>25458252
Yeah, I was doing the Mew Glitch to get a Mew + whatever popped up. I found a Staryu which I had planned to use because I never had before. Caught, added to party.

Then there were 10 levels of that shitter only knowing tackle, dammit.
>>
>>25458252
>As useful as I'm sure this glitch is, part of me feels like planning your team and when/where you catch new members is part of the charm.

And?
You can still do that with the glitch
It's not like you can have any pokemon you want anywhere, there are specific locations for each
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.