[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (55 KB, 460x210) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
55 KB, 460x210
Find a flaw.
>>
>>25453340
I can never play the Celebi/Arceus special stories again + all the MIA pokewalkers :c
>>
Rival should have had fully evolved Magneton and Sneasel.
>>
>>25453340
>gen 4 engine
>>
Event bullshit that now requires Action Replay to access.
>>
>>25453340
The stupid level curve from GS wasn't fixed
>>
literally everything about johto games is a flaw
>>
>>25453364
Interesting, how bad the level curve is? I havent never noticed.
>>
>>25453347
>>25453357
This.

What happens when the PokeBank goes down? No more transferring from Gen3 up?
>>
>>25453392
Because you can essentially choose your own path in Johto, 3 of the gyms (Chuck, Jasmine, and Pryce) have Pokemon around the same level. To compensate for any overleveling, most of the wild Pokemon levels are stupidly low and it takes forever to grind to a decent level once you hit the Elite Four
>>
>>25453364
THIS.

I cannot for the live of me replay these games because of this.
ORAS might be piss easy, but at least it wasn't tedious.
>>
>>25453340
Level scale.
>>
Holy fuck the beginning is so slow. I want to play the game, but it takes too much time just to get to a point where I feel like the game's really started. Also it's on Gen 4 instead of 5.
>>
IIRC Kanto is just as empty as it was in the original G/S

I dunno I don't remember my HG playthrough well but I'm pretty sure after beating the elite 4 Kanto was sitll pretty barren in terms of content even though they had a new gen to make stuff out of

Christ, Gen 2 were good games, I can't for the life of me figure out why I never remember them. When I played HG I remembered nothing from my G playthrough years before, and now about 3 years on from playing HG I still barely remember a thing about the story, or the town names, or the music. I don't know why.
>>
Is being too wonderful technically a flaw?
>>
>>25453464
This. I'm 3 badges in and I've literally started the game 3 years ago.
>>
How did we go from this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVyFaYPAYRI

...to THIS?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOMVTPKjFBk

Smh. GSC was just a bunch of beeps and boops, but HGSS went overboard with arranging those beeps and boops and it makes the soundtrack feel inconsistent. For every good arrangement like National Park, you get shit like Goldenrod City and Dark Cave. I guess there's GB sounds, but even those aren't fully accurate to the originals.
>>
>>25453521
Dang I forgot how bad that was...why would they mess with an already catchy tune??
>>
>>25453521
JUST
>>
File: tumblr_n6mmou1x9x1tvhuquo1_500.jpg (52 KB, 500x647) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6mmou1x9x1tvhuquo1_500.jpg
52 KB, 500x647
Can't really think of any. I'm playing it for the first time and having a blast.

Maybe getting all the mons from the safari zone will be a bit tedius.

Also how do I transfer my mons to newer games, say B&W or gen 6? I haven't played Pokemon since 2007
>>
>>25453394
They've said numerous times that pokebank is here to stay for at least a few gens.

Also, aren't poke transporter pokemon illegal in online play anyway?
>>
Story is short and boring and the legendary doesn't really tie into the plot at all.

And the level scaling is atrocious.
>>
https://youtu.be/4MNAktk9ei8
When I hear this song I wanna kill myself because i'll never be a kid again. HG SS version isn't even bad but the original is still objectively better.
>>
>>25453340
level scaling is absolutely garbage, highest wild pokemon you find are about 30 when you need 90's to fight ash.

while having kanto is amazing, all the wild pokemon are back to low levels like its a new adventure but trainers have higher levels, so you cant take a new team or trainers will wreck, but having your old team makes grass pointless and only way to add the new pkm to team is grind for hours since they're all crazy low level.

That said they are pretty great
>>
>>25453614
Oh god don't do this to me anon. I cannot listen to this song, it just kills me.
>>
I didn't buy it on release, and now Preowned copies sell for crazy amounts, even without the pokewalker.
>>
>>25453464
>Also it's on Gen 4 instead of 5
>Implying
>>
>>25453632
>when you need 90's to fight ash
So much wrong in one statement.
>>
>>25453632
>Ash
Also what do you want? Level 80 pokemon handed to you? It's almost like you're supposed to be some kind of pokemon.... Trainer or something.
>>
>>25453340
Level curve not fixed. (never played G/S/C, but I've seen the curve a shit, and confirmed it playing these.)
Generation 2 pokemon not in Johto.
Generation 4 all evos/prevos not added.
>>
>>25453340
Online is dead.
>>
>>25453340
Scared Gold and Storm Silver exist.
>>
>>25454132

This. Dray really fixed all the shit and made it challenging but not grindy. I haven't played the vanilla games ever since I found out about these hacks.
>>
>>25453413
Route 47 has thousand xp Milktanks and Dittos. As long as you have all your rare candies saved up it's actually p easy.
>>
>>25453632
You can beat Red with one lv 70+ and the rest can be mid/sub 60s. I did it when I was 10, can't you do it?
>>
There isn't
>>
>>25453766

While I agree that the curve is shitty it's a lot better in HGSS than in GSC
>>
>>25453340
Same problems as the originals:
-Very hard to build a team with so many shitmons.
-Kanto is empty and its gym leaders are a cakewalk.

Those are the only problems of the game, could have been the perfect game without them.
>>
>>25453751
You pretty much do with Mewtwo, guy seems a pleb. The real hardest battle in the game is the Clair/Lance Double Battle, since your rival is useless and you have to take them both on by your self, 2 on 1. Hell, your rival is lucky to even get a fucking attack in.
>>
>>25453632
I beat Red while my pokemon were like 25+ levels below his. Purposely underleveled to make it challenging. And it was, I lost once. Only my Snorlax could take hits from his most powerful pokemon and I had to keep full restoring and doing chip damage.
>>
Turning off and on the DS to reset the time and the day is super tedious, as is constantly having to switch out for my HM slave, fly to victory road entrance, and THEN fly to Kanto or Johto.
>>
>>25453596
Nope, you can use them in Kanto Classic at least.
>>
>>25453464
>Instead of Gen 5
>B/W was literally nothing but mashing the A button through dialogue the first 15 minutes
>>
Biggest flaw is pace. I can never finish another run because i always give up after fighting my rival the first time. Slow as shit
>>
File: 1456746951936.jpg (6 KB, 210x173) Image search: [Google]
1456746951936.jpg
6 KB, 210x173
>>25453521
I think my ear just curled up and died
>>
>>25453340
I still don't get why the fuck everyone wants to give me their fucking phone numbers to speak about shit nobody cares. Otherwise, bretty gud game
>>
They aren't diamond and pearl
>>
>>25453340
Gen 4 engine
Horrible level scale
Johto is painfully shit
Kanto is horrible stripped down
>>
>>25455106
>first 15 minutes
felt more like 30
>>
>>25453340
They're the single most tedious games in the franchise. The time based shit was a novelty in gen 2 but in real time it's complete agony waiting on it.
>>
>>25453521
Don't forget Violet. Those few seconds after the "dudud" at the begining is just painful dissonance and doesn't fit the calm atmosphere of the GSC games. Literally sounds like Masuda crashed his fists violently onto the keyboard and had a nerve-breakdown
>>
>>25453521
>>25455647
Okay, Goldenrod and Dark Cave weren't great I agree, but there are so many good remixes. One of my favorites right here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTJSnpkXP0
>>
You need Rock Climb, a shitty move altogether, to get to Red, which is a pain in the ass and a half because by that point in the game you have already formed a solid team with carefully picked movesets, just to have HM's throw a wrench into the mix.

>b-but you needed flash in GSC!
The issue of a required weak-ass HM in general should have been nixed in a "remake", not just replaced.
>>
>>25453340
Levelcurve; with no progression after reaching Ecruteak: trainers and wild mons barely capping the 20s. Trainers only using unevolved mons or underleveled fulle evolved ones. Tons of pidgey/magikarp trainers. By the league everything is still in their fucking 30s

Lugia/Hoh-Oh plot should have been more than just "...oh btw! cm here we just saw a legendary mon over there, go catch it!" Then "u got it? Gratz! K, bye!"

Overall short game because every new town you reached had its gym

Johto mons, the ones that are actually special about, y'know, Johto, were really overshadowed. Barely any trainers used them at all and many of them were really weak and rare on top.

Incorporated the slugspeed of DPPt

That retarded phoning system for rematches. You literally had to memorize at what time the different trainers wanted rematches, and it included day of the week as well as fucking time of the day! To battle the gym leaders you had to play hide and seek at other COMPLETELY different times of the week and day, just to get their number so that you could call them once a week during a different timeframe. Even regular trainers were like this, only a handful of them, like Joey, called YOU to battle. The worst bit was that this was the only way to train because the strongest mons were, as i said, level 30.
>>
>>25453521
I always hated GSC Goldenrod and HGSS Goldenrod is one of my favourite town tracks.

>>25453585
Poke Transporter next to Black City

>>25453614
Highest Wild Pokemon is level 45 but I get you.
>>
>>25453614
That one is good compared to the new Cianwood one, but the new Ecruteak theme is miles ahead
>>
>>25455812
ye fair enough
>>
>>25453632
>ash
Other than that i completely agree with the second paragraph. Literally spot on!
>>
>>25453766
Gen 4 evos were added tho you ungrateful little man baka
>>
There is no way ingame to evolve magneton into magnezone
>>
>>25453340
Having only 251 species of Pokémon.
>>
>>25455713
Yea true dat. I hated to see how every kanto theme was rearranged shit, but this one was spot on, just simply improved!
>>
>>25453340

>didn't fix all of GSC's problems
>can't buy coins anymore
>getting the rarer safarimons is a bitch and a half
>needing HMs for Mt. Silver
>still no houndour in Johto.
>rematch system is retarded and should have just been any fucking time instead of "oh call me on thursdays from 8AM-11AM for a rematch teehee xD"
>level curve is still pretty balls.
>>
>>25453340
>Pacing
>Weakest elite four in the history of pokémon
>Worst starters
>In a way, the worst evil team in pokémon history as well. (Team Rocket: pussy redux edition. Biggest accomplishment taking over a fucking radio station. Hardcore.)
>Bad mon distribution
>Kanto still barren
>Poorly handled event legendaries
>The Game Corner

It was alright enough, but both times I tried playing through it I got bored about halfway through Kanto. Most of this board was the best age for playing pokémon when it came out though so they have incredibly positive opinions about this game. I personally had that about gen 2. These remakes actually made me realise the original Gold wasn't that good either.
>>
It still fucking costs $50
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.