[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So of all the unconventional evolution methods, which ones do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: stoneevo.png (106 KB, 339x420) Image search: [Google]
stoneevo.png
106 KB, 339x420
So of all the unconventional evolution methods, which ones do you think are most sensible? Which do you expect/want to see more of?
>>
File: tradeevo.png (74 KB, 138x454) Image search: [Google]
tradeevo.png
74 KB, 138x454
>>25452567
>>
File: moveevo.png (24 KB, 134x139) Image search: [Google]
moveevo.png
24 KB, 134x139
>>25452570
>>
Nice Post!
>>
>>25452567
needs more dawn stone evos
>>
>>25452581
Move Evo is coolest
We need more Ancientpower evos
>>
>>25452581
I like move evo.
>>
tradeevo is pure shit.
>>
File: friendevo.png (37 KB, 271x139) Image search: [Google]
friendevo.png
37 KB, 271x139
>>25452581
>>
>>25452570
keeping in mind that from Kadabra to Gourgeist are plain trades. Obviously the two g5 bugs are exclusively traded with eachother. The rest down are trades w/held items.
>>
A lot of cross gen evos have stupid methods that I wouldn't mind seeing retconned. Eevee line immediately comes to mind.
>>
>>25452567
I'm a fan of location-based evolution. Makes it feel special. I'd like to see some more that are a little less obvious, though.
>>
>>25452660
Other than Sylveon needing a new system in the next game, what's bad about them?
>>
>>25452674
>Sylveon needing a new system in the next game
>implying Amie will ever go away
>>
>>25452674
Leafeon and Glaceon at least should be stones like the other elemental Eevees. I get that they want it to make sense that the newly introduced mons weren't attainable before but they really reach sometimes and I kind of don't care if it just gets retconned to put an end to it.
>>
>>25452641
It is when you're isolated, but with GTS it's no longer an issue.
Trade+Item is so much worse because the items are only available through Maison or something.
>>
File: localeevo.png (13 KB, 135x69) Image search: [Google]
localeevo.png
13 KB, 135x69
>>25452646
>>
all of the evolution methods outside of leveling up, using a stone, and maybe trading without an item are bullshit
>>
>>25452689
You want them to make a Frost Stone for one Pokemon?
>>
File: itemevo.png (11 KB, 135x69) Image search: [Google]
itemevo.png
11 KB, 135x69
>>25452705
I could have sworn there were more level+item evolutions but I guess most were trades
>>
>>25452689
It admit it's odd that Leafeon doesn't use a Leaf Stone, but Glaceon would need a new stone for itself.
And what else would use this Ice Stone? Froslass? Then Galade would be the only one that uses a Dawn Stone.
>>
>>25452734
Gallade uses Shiny Stone
problem fucking solved
>>
>>25452720
They could introduce two new ice lines that use it. Not like there's a surplus of ice pokemon.
>>
>>25452723
Mantyke and Remoraid are the only companion evolution. It's almost weird they haven't retconned Slowpoke and Shellder into one at this point.
>>
>>25452754
Also Pancham + any dark type.
>>
>>25452734
Espeon and Umbreon could use Dawn and Dusk stones too if they wanted to go full simplicity
>>
Milotic in Gen III was the biggest bullshit.
>>
>>25452754
And Inkay/Malamar is the only flip evolution. It still makes no sense to me that it's not a split line. If not flipping the DS made it evolve into something different it would almost make sense as a gimmick, but when there's no otherway to evolve it it just seems like a pointless detail.
>>
>>25452782
how does it even work outside of gen 3?
>>
>>25452792
and Sligoo's is weather-based
>>
File: companionevo.png (8 KB, 135x34) Image search: [Google]
companionevo.png
8 KB, 135x34
>>25452766
>>25452754
>>
>>25452567
>Unconventional evolution methods
>doesn't include Inkay -> Malamar
>>
>>25452705
This is by far the worst. They have to shoehorn some random rock or something into each game just for this crap and it also leads to some weird instances (ex. you could catch a nosepass in mt. corwhatever and evolved it a second later with a rare candy.)
>>
>>25452815
You do realize that image is only stone evos, right? Like it says right in the file name?
>>
>>25452800
also I guess we can argue that stuff like Wurmple Personality Value determiner go here
>>
>>25452797
Trade+Prism Scale.
>>
>>25452836
and the Hitmon_'s stat based evo split
>>
>>25452840
that's a relief
>>
>>25452567
Stone evolutions are a classic, and I would really love to see all stones get more love, particularly Fire, Thunder, and Dawn Stones (especially Fire and Thunder, they've been around since Gen I and barely evolve anything.)

>>25452570
The most supported weird evolution type, and by far my least favorite. These are a pain in the ass to do, and you have to trust that you'll get your pokemon back, so thanks Game Freak I guess.

>>25452581
Only really good for Pokemon with crossgen evolutions, but I have nothing against them. I would only want to see them for more crossgen evolutions, though.

>>25452646
I really like this concept, and I feel it gets adequate attention from Gamefreak. It's a shame we didn't get any new ones in Gen VI, maybe we'll get something Gen VII.

>>25452705
Don't like how they have to shoehorn in locations just for these evolutions, but honestly if they did more with the three locations, it might not be so annoying.

>>25452723
Eh, this is fine but the items tend to be very hard to find for whatever reason.

>>25452814
These are really neat evolution concepts, and I would like to see more of them in the future. Maybe even retcon Slowpoke's evolution into one of these? Maybe not.

>>25452792
>>25452800
>>25452836
>>25452847
To be fair, those are all completely unique evolution conditions, although it would be nice to see more weather based evolutions.
>>
>>25452847
And I think the g6 fossils are the only things to evolve purely on level and time of day, every other time dependent needs some additional factor.
>>
>>25452830
You realize your point is moot because NONE of the images show Inkay or Malamar, right? And I assume OP posted them all.
>>
Stone Evolution is my favorite. I wish more pokemon used the stones available, like more thunderstone and more firestone evolutions. I don't think they should add more stones.

Least favorite is locations like for Magnezone and Glaceon. I wish they would change that, like how they changed Milotic. Actually, trading with an item is annoying too, since the items are usually a pain in the ass to find more than one.
>>
>>25452689
Eevee evolutions have been designed to showcase new evolution methods since day one (Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon showcase Stones, Umbreon and Espeon showcase friendship evolutions + time based evolution, Glaceon and Leafeon showcase location based evolution, and Sylveon showcased Amie based evolution.)

The only one that would deserve to be retconned is Sylveon, if only because it's literally the only Pokemon with an Amie based evolution, which is kind of bullshit.
>>
>>25452567
>>25452570
>>25452581
I look at these and all I see are pokemon missing from my dex. It saddens me.
>>
>>25452893
>>25452792
it was pretty clearly mentioned, if you were reading the thread at all, or even just following OP's trail of posts listing each individual method. I take it had no image because it's only one pokemon.
>>
>>25452928
There's no excuse for not getting every stone evolution.
>>
>>25452928
MODS
>>
>>25452928
>2016
>hasn't caught'em all
criminal
>>
>>25452941
Yeah. Its just grinding. I need two moon stones, four dusk stones, two shiny stones and a sun stone.
>Chance to drop off rematch
>Chance to drop off super training

Bet wen that and racking up the 300+ points at battle maison... I'm getting there. It's just slow going.
Pokedex is at 666 now.
/blog
>>
>>25452911
Then Eevee will be the perfect showcase for the "evolution simplification push" I dream about them doing one day :^)

Besides it sort of seems unnatural that the way Eevee evolves is so randomly fractured. It would make more sense if it was just a selection of stones like it was in gen 1...
>>
>>25452983
That's dumb.
Please never dream again.
Thank you.
>>
Tfw no spinda evolution that requires you spinning your DS
>>
>>25452814
By far the best because it gives a sense of companionship among your pokemon. Two of them work together in a symbiotic relationship or one pokemon corrupts another to do evil shit. It's flavorful as fuck.

>>25452581
This is a close second for my favorite because it's almost like a simple level evo but you can do flavorful stuff with it.
>>
>>25452567
Move evos are just plain level evos, I don't get you guys

Personally I like location evos or at least day/night ones (though the latter require friendship). Anything that interacts with the environment really; I also liked Pancham->Pangoro for similar reasons, and I guess Inkay->Malamar was also fun although a bit gimmicky.

I would like to see evos conditional on actions on the battlefield, stuff like "survive a super-effective hit (x number of times)"
>>
>>25452646
I just noticed a theme with the happiness evos:
>Baby pokemon that evolve will look more grown up
>Non-babies that evolve will look more refined and appealing (Crobat, Loppunny, Leavanny, etc.)
>>
>>25452734
Who cares if only one pokemon uses it? only one uses the up-grade and dubious disc
>>
>>25454620
It'd be nice if we got some new tech pokemon though, and using upgrade and/or dubious disc for them would be fun. It'd be cool to see a split evo between a normal evo and a dark variant.
>>
>>25452567
>most sensible
Happiness imho
>>
>>25455272
I'd agree. I'm really kind of confused that other than babies, we've never had friendliness be the key to domestic pokemon evolutions like lillipup or glameow. Those seem like they'd be the ones that make the most sense.

Other than friendliness though, I really like some of the sensibility of the move evolutions. Bonsly and MimeJr. needing to know mimic is clever. AncientPower too is pretty straight forward.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.