[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Origin such mess? >Red is literally as retarded as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1457076550205.webm (3 MB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1457076550205.webm
3 MB, 400x236
Why was Origin such mess?
>Red is literally as retarded as OS Ash
>Has a bigger plot armor than Ash
>no strong trainers other than Blue, Giovanni and elite 4
>gen1 only fags pandering: the series
>charizard pandering: the series¨
>Red lose all of his pokemon on hand to a fucking Ryhorn, including having his Jolteon get OHKO by its fucking thunderbolt
>Red win literally every match with a huge plot armor and charizard bullshit and very little strategy
>the legendaries are weak as fuck, mewtwo was pathetic¨
>literally only is able to catch mewtwo because of even more Charizard pandering
>literally gets a second mega evolution about a series with only about the first 151 pokemon and kanto

It was just a mess and people ate it up because it wasn't the ashnime. When they actually make Ash look like a better trainer than fucking Red you know they fucked up big time. I'm not going to say it was all bad, the music and Giovanni was based as fuck as so was Blue. But Red was just so extremely shitty.
>>
I made some grammar mistakes because I'm a phonefag but hopefully you don't give a shit about it.
>>
>>25448230
>>the legendaries are weak as fuck, mewtwo was pathetic¨
Just like in the games the show is based on. Origins Red is literally that one kid who relies on his overleveled starter with the backup crew being horribly underleveled
>>
>>25448524
Makes sense. Maybe I was just so hype about getting something other than the regular anime and had my expections too high.
>>
It had megazard because pokegods are real now.
>>
>>25448524
when did Giovanni had a Ryhorn with thunderbolt, And when would that OHKO a Jolteon, even one freshly evolved from the Eevee with no levels.
>>
>>25448230
Origins had to be rushed, but it did a better job in 4 episodes than the ashime did in hundreds.
>>
Yeah I think the show was reflecting what Gen 1 kids did
>Charizard ridiculously overpowered while rest of the team were underleveled as fuck
>Red trying to catch a trainer's pokémon like most first timers probably attempted at some point
>Getting rekt by Blue on Route 22 early in

I also think the limited air time Origins got hindered the show massively, they did well considering they had to condense so much down into just 90 minutes
>>
Why wouldn't he be as retarded as Ash? Isn't he still 10, in a world without internet? He literally learns everything from kids he knows (which is 1 kid) and from TV. Your webm just shows that he has actually learned a little bit, and is using the best Pokemon in his party for the situation.
>>
>>25448668
Red's 11.
>>
File: 865hfgfh6767VP.jpg (84 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
865hfgfh6767VP.jpg
84 KB, 225x220
>>25448230
The fuck is up with that Ryhorn?! Is it lvl 100 or something? Ryhorn has shit SA!
>>
File: bnWaS7N.gif (26 KB, 111x141) Image search: [Google]
bnWaS7N.gif
26 KB, 111x141
I liked origins.
>>
>>25448230
No, Red was still much less retarded than OS Ash, and was arguably a much stronger trainer
>>
>>25448230
the animation was nice and giovanni was cool
>>
>>25448687
Yeah, that really bothered me. It makes it seem like Giovanni is stronger than the Elite 4.
>>
>>25448230
>Red is literally as retarded as OS Ash
Well, he IS starting to be a trainer, like OS Ash. He's not supposed to be good right at the beggining. The thing is that you need to get better over time which Red does and Ash doesnt
>Has a bigger plot armor than Ash
How so? Ash has had more bullshit victories
>no strong trainers other than Blue, Giovanni and elite 4
Yeah, which appear on the game
>gen1 only fags pandering: the series
That'd only make it bad if we already had an anime
>charizard pandering: the series¨
So the anime?
>Red lose all of his pokemon on hand to a fucking Ryhorn, including having his Jolteon get OHKO by its fucking thunderbolt
Which can happen, yeah
>Red win literally every match with a huge plot armor and charizard bullshit and very little strategy
Because, if you didnt have ADHD would know that it's about Red's bond with Charizard
>the legendaries are weak as fuck, mewtwo was pathetic¨
As they should
>literally only is able to catch mewtwo because of even more Charizard pandering
You wanted him to throw a master ball?
>literally gets a second mega evolution about a series with only about the first 151 pokemon and kanto
The other mons are also on the Origins verse anon.
>>
>>25448230
>It was just a mess and people ate it up because it wasn't the ashnime.
The pokemon fanbase hated it, are you new to /vp/?

>When they actually make Ash look like a better trainer than fucking Red you know they fucked up big time.
Red won 100% of his leagues so he's objectively better. If you can't accept your childhood hero sucks that's your problem.
>>
I like the art style a lot, pretty comfy.

I enjoyed all the episodes too. I Felt like it fleshed out some things we didnt fully grasp back in the day.

Red should have matured more by Episode 3. Charizard pandering was a bit much too.
>>
Oh and the first episodes battle (Charmander vs Squirtle) was better than any other battle, besides mewtwo maybe.
>>
>>25448763
>How so? Ash has had more bullshit victories
Plot armor against Ash has been way more prelavent than for him. Just watch any league. It's was literally only for Red's advantage.

>>25448769
>The pokemon fanbase hated it, are you new to /vp/?
It was liked you retard. /vp/ hardly is the opinion of the fanbase and /vp/ also sucked it's dick. I was just trying to start a discussion.
>Red won 100% of his leagues so he's objectively better. If you can't accept your childhood hero sucks that's your problem.
> If you can't accept your childhood hero
>childhood hero

Wew lad, nice falseflagging. Fuck off retard. Just telling it as it is. The ashnime is WAY harder for a trainer to win the elite 4 league anyway. Not defending Ash but if you say anything else you're delusional.
>>
>>25449227
>The ashnime is WAY harder for a trainer to win the elite 4 league anyway. Not defending Ash but if you say anything else you're delusional.
Reminder, trainers in that universe don't have to go through victory road an area riddled with trainers and strong wild pokemon.
They only have a few battles too.

Ash league is babby tier.
>>
>Mewtwo was pathetic
>Nigga OHKO'd most of his team including Charizard before he goes Mega.
>>
>>25449310
>victory road
>like 10 trainers
>2-3mons
>some not even fully evolved
>Anime league
>over 200 trainers
>people have full 6 teams
>people have full evolved teams
>people have legendaries
>strong wild pokemon
>onix
>ryhorn
>goldbat

lmao, delusional as I said before.
>>
>>25449310
better be a bait post desu.
>>
>>25448650

i know this is bait but yet it triggers me
>>
>>25448763
>How so? Ash has had more bullshit victories
Of course the main character of a 900 episode long anime has had more bullshit wins than the protagonist of four episode long miniseries.

To put it another way, Red was only in four episode and still managed to have a sprinklers-level victory in each of them.
>>
>>25448762
I haven't seen Origins but wasn't the point of that that he wasn't playing by the rules and using his personal (and extremely high leveled) team instead of his gym team?
>>
>>25449725
It's still a fucking ryhorn
>>
>>25448230
It's not supposed to make sense. The genwun pandering blinds Normies with nostalgia so they will call it a perfect masterpiece that should replace the main anime
>>
>>25448265
>>Red win literally every match with a huge plot armor and charizard bullshit and very little strategy
Pretty much my experience when I played Red as a kid.
>>
>>25449393
>full evolved teams
Muk Vs. Bellsprout battle
Season 1 is a horrible example though I'll give you that
>>
>>25449759
But it could have easily been level 100 since it's Giovanni.
Red's team probably wouldn't have been higher leveled than 42-50, since that's what Giovanni's actual gym team is. However, I'm with the guy earlier in this thread that said he probably had an overleveled charizard with everyone else underleveled, so more like 20-30 with level 60 charizard.
>>
>>25448230

Because it was too short for good development, and because it was more like the regular show than Pokemon Adventures
>>
File: pokemon origins viridian city.png (2 MB, 1366x1533) Image search: [Google]
pokemon origins viridian city.png
2 MB, 1366x1533
>Viridian City in episode 1 is the size of a normal city
>Viridian City in episode 3 is the same size as in the games

Defend this.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.