[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New gen 1 remakes when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
New gen 1 remakes when?
>>
>>25443698
Never, stop living in the past, mang
>>
>>25443698
>Pokemon REDsun and Pokemon BLUEmoon.

Why do you think you will be able to transfer Gen 1 Pokémon to Sun and Moon?
>>
>>25443745
It's a fucking Pokeémon game, not a Megaman game.
>>
I think we may be done with remakes for a while.

Give it another twenty years and we'll see.

But really, do you want Gen 1 remakes again? I'd only want them if they truly re imagined the game and didn't try to be as faithful as the last few remakes. Expand the map, expand the plot, ect. ect.

But if im being honest here, a sequel would be better than a remake and we already got the best sequel we could ask for in Gold and Silver.
>>
File: effef.jpg (556 KB, 1664x1626) Image search: [Google]
effef.jpg
556 KB, 1664x1626
>>25443698
Now!!!
>>
>>25443757
Honestly, as long as it wasn't super easy, had Sevii, and had more than the 151 before E4, I'd like it.
>>
>>25443813
>and had more than the 151 before E4
You could always use Pokémon Bank to transfer newer Pokémon to the game.
>>
>>25443698
>a remake of a gen that was already remade
this isnt resident evil, god forbid should it ever be
>>
>>25443927
I wanna catch Murkrow and evolve Golbat. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>25443759
It saddens me to think that if Red and Blue were made today, the mascots wouldn't be Charizard and Blastoise but CharX for blue and CharY for red
>>
File: IM FUCKING INVINCIBLE.png (442 KB, 1500x1543) Image search: [Google]
IM FUCKING INVINCIBLE.png
442 KB, 1500x1543
>>25443745
>Red Sun
>>
>>25444058
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>25443698
>wanting to replay the same adventure for the sixth time
>not wanting a full re-imagining of Kanto
>not wanting an adventure that takes place between the events of Gen 2 and 3, about Oak discovering that there are 600 other pokemon that somehow he didn't know about
>>
>>25444087
>not wanting an adventure that takes place between the events of Gen 2 and 3
That may actually be gen 1 or 3 depending on how you see it.
>>
>>25444097
Isn't Gen 3 taking place at the same time as gen 1, and gen 4 taking place at the same time as gen 2?

holy shit I cracked the case of why they took out the day and night cycle in gen III
>>
>>25443698

They probably will not ever do an another actual remake of generation 1 unless the way that pokemon games work changes considerably. The graphics will probably have changed enough by Sun/Moon to where it would make sense from that consideration, but the way stats and battles work has not changed much since Fire Red/Leaf Green so there is really no reason to remake them once again. It is also made less likely by the recent DS release of Red/Blue/Yellow, and they will probably want to remake Diamond and Pearl first.

They could, however, take a lot of the good stuff and familiar characters from generation 1 and include it/them in a new game, with a related but different story.
>>
>>25444128
Yes, but gen 4 takes place pretty far into the story of Gen 2 rather than the beginning.
So it would technically be between 2 and 5.

The same logic may apply to gen 1 and 2 depending on how you see things.
>>
>>25444135
>and they will probably want to remake Diamond and Pearl first.
Nah, they'll probably release VC versions of DPPt and make them compatible with Bank the same way they did with RBY.

Less money to make but more money to gain you know?
>>
I'd be up for a 3D game in Kanto. Don't care if it's a remake or a sequel that keeps the style and atmosphere of Kanto.

Although seriously, they made the remake way too soon.
>>
>>25444199
10 years.
>>
>>25444216
Yes, too soon.
>>
I genuinely think we could well see remakes for NX. Something like "Blazing Red" and "Tropical Green" or some shit, one will be exclusive to the "console" portion of the NX while the other will be exclusive to the "handheld" portion, with exclusive Pokemon, a bigger, more enhanced version of Kanto and this will kick off the 2nd round of remakes for home consoles
>>
>>25444168
I think VC releases are just a very special case for the anniversary, and we won't be getting any more for a while.

The explanation they gave us in the past for not having pokemon on VC was that they really would rather update and remake older games than to re release the original games.

Of course things might change if the RBY re releases exceed expectations. Of course I still think they'll want to remake the games. They'll just release the originals on VC several years after the remakes.
>>
>>25444199

What IS the Style and Atmosphere in Kanto?

Not being a dick, I want to know what it is to you.

I have my own image of it, and FRLG and HGSS really botched what Kanto seemed like to me, way too green.
>>
>>25444343
>I think VC releases are just a very special case for the anniversary
Eh, It's most likely a test rather than a special case. After all this is the first VC release they've actually changed features of the emulator to replicate the feeling of the original game.
Remakes are dead.
>>
>>25444247
>one version exclusive to handheld and one exclusive to console

That is the dumbest idea ever anon
>>
>>25444392

I agree, that would really be shit. Being able to choose from two options adds fun and that would be taking it away. (And forcing you to have two game systems if you wanted both games.)
>>
>>25443698
They would sooner release them for the VC.
I mean, there are SNES games out for N3DS. I wouldn't be surprised if they started releasing GBA games too.
>>
>>25444478
I could see that coming later on in the year.
>>
I'd rather this than a fucking D/P remake for Gen 7.
>>
>>25444502
>wanting a remake of the worst region
Sinnoh was shit don't get me wrong but Kanto was bland all around.
>>
>>25444501
I fucking hope
>Playing GBA games with a backlit screen
Sure I still have my Gameboy Micro, but it would be fucking neat to be able to replay GBA Metroid and Pokemon on the n3DS. That would also justify the purchase of the console. Well, I do own the Monhun LE which somewhat justifies it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.