[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The one pokemon concept you will love Gen7 for no matter what,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: leaked.png (66 KB, 213x230) Image search: [Google]
leaked.png
66 KB, 213x230
The one pokemon concept you will love Gen7 for no matter what, and the one pokemon concept that will make you endlessly shitpost about it in rage. What are they?
>>
>>25441653
Love: Any new element that makes the game interesting or brought back old element I liked previously/An expanded upon pokemon amie

Shitpost: Fusions. Briefly. Then, like megas, I will get over it.
>>
>Love
Grass anteater starter

>hate
Furbait lucario/zoroark clone
>>
love: BATTLE FRONTIER

hate: another "LOL NO GAMBLING/LOL NO SAFARI ZONE/LOL BATTLE FRONTIER IN CONSTRUCTION" bullshit copout
>>
>love
A Frankenstein Pokemon. Make it Grass/Ghost. Fighting/Steel. Electric/Ice. I don't care.

>shitpost
A Pokemon based on Satoshi, Satoru, or Shiggy
>>
>Love
Bug/Fairy moth

>Hate
Humanshape shit legendary like the Sun one from the Timmy Turner fiasco
>>
>>25441653
Love: a Poison legendary or a Dark type gym

Hate: forced Kalos/Zygarde shit. I'd really prefer if Sun and Moon were their own thing
>>
>Love
Kobold, goblin, orc... Common WRPG enemy pokemon. Preferably not all dark or ground type.
>Hate
A bunch of crappy gimmick mons that only serve some use if you utilize the game's new feature.
>Shitpost
Anything interesting being a Mystery Gift legendary.
>>
>>25441688
>like the Sun one from the Timmy Turner fiasco
wat
>>
Love:
A pokemon based on a rusty object
Shitpost:
Any Amiibo Thing
>>
>>25441653

Love: An offical Sliph Co sanctioned evolution of Porygon2 - Porygon 3. The idea of seeing a non-corrupted Porygon to have alongside the unofficial one sounds like a fantastic concept.

Hate: ANY FUSION SHIT STOP WITH THIS AND JUST GIVE US A NORMAL GAME

>>25441653 Ive just grew to dislike Megas more with time. Horribly implemented
>>
Love: More focus on pokemon as mounts.
Being able to see the actual pokemon you are riding, and not just a select few.
Using a ground mount instead of a bike.
Having more "out in the wild" level designs to support the fantasy.

Hate: A generation with multiple overdesigned pokemon and anthropomorphic pokemon.
>>
>>25441732
How the fuck were megas horribly implemented?
The only thing I found strange about megas were that "we didn't know about them until now", but the same can be said for every pokemon after first gen. So that doesn't fly.

Megas build upon mechanics and concepts that have always been in pokemon.

Evolution
Stones
Item mechanic
Relationship mechanic.

They are all present in the stories as well.
>>
Love: All dual typed starters as long as the typings are unique from previous ones

Hate: Fusions

Megas grew on me but I can't imagine a world with fucking fusions
>>
>>25441770

Fusions already exist
>>
>>25441785
It was fine with Kyurem, it fit its lore. If they're going to say suddenly every Pokemon have missing parts in each other that would be bullshit.

If it's with trainers, I'll still hate it but not as much.
>>
>>25441765
Giving them to powerful pokemon that dont need them. Turning some mons into overpowerd monstrocities instead of simply viable pokemon. Mega Rayquaza. I

I realise that Gamefreak seems to want like, One Mega a team rather than making Megas a strategy to consider if the new viable pokemon can fit with your strategy, but that's not the way I wanted it.

Certainly would have been better with more Mega Lopunny's and less Mega Blazikens.
>>
File: 1456960996888.jpg (38 KB, 471x417) Image search: [Google]
1456960996888.jpg
38 KB, 471x417
>>25441653
>Love
A NON-LEGENDARY DRAGON/STEEL TYPE. SERIOUSLY I NEED IT MORE THAN YOU KNOW, THE EDGY CHILD DWELLING IN MY HEART HAS WANTED THIS SINCE GEN 2.
>Hate
If said Dragon/Steel type is Druddigon tier ugly or absolute shit in battle I WILL FUCKING BLOW UP GAMEFREAK.
>>
Love: a region that feels big, with large areas without cities, and places to get lost in, places that's not on the map for you to discover. Difficulty settings: Easy, medium, hard, very hard, deus vult.

Hate: "Hey new trainer! Take these 100 rare candies, go over there and beat those 8 gyms that are within 100 feet of each other, befriend god himself, then take on the league!"
>>
>>25441895

I second these statements. But I'm pretty sure all we'll get is handholding, pandering and shitty gimmicks.
>>
>>25441662

>love: something new that I like

wow what a shit tier response anon
>>
>Love
Pokemon with designs that don't scream out their typing (i.e. - I want water types that aren't blue, fire types that aren't red, etc) and names that aren't just animal + element
>Hate
"Meet Grassdog! The Green Leaf Dog Pokemon!!"
>>
Love: the option right after starting a new game to skip the "welcome to the world of Pokemon", " this is a wonderful device called a pokedex", and all the other introduction bullshit.

Hate: 7 fucking HMs being required in order to progress. Im pretty sure in W/B cut was completely optional and only used for short cuts and extra items, that was great. In ORAS I needed an HM slave for cut/strength/fly/rock smash PLUS take up 3 slots on my water type for dive/surf/waterfall.
>>
>Love
Voice actors. I want to hear the characters now especially since it's in 3D now.

>Hate
If they make the game even easier to win.
>>
Love: a nice blend of familiar and new. Maybe a few new branched evolutions of existing pokemon. More unique type combinations. Deeper trainer customization. An actual post game.

Rage: fusions, more than 2 rival characters like XY had, pandering to Gen I any other gen really.
>>
Love: any, but especially new bugs

Hate: none because I don't get upset about video games for children
>>
>>25442286
>Pokemon with designs that don't scream out their typing
This is objectively bad game design though
>>
>>25442480
My nigger
>>
Love: Ancient psychic sediment pokemon, e.g.: claydol or bronzong; HMs no longer need to take an attack slot, and simply have a surfing machine or a surf-ready pokemon can glide you around water while still keeping 4 moves. Levitate is no longer an ability, flying types lose ground immunity, and each pokemon recieved a true/false Levitate value to decide if ground moves hit it or not, so obviously floating pokemon who need an ability slot for whatever else get to dodge and doduo and its like don't.

Hate: pokemon - human fusion. More YOU ARE CHOSEN ONE, RANDOM TEN YEAR OLD drek.
>>
>>25441765
my only complaint about megas at this point is that as more megas become available, existing megas become worse comparatively

it's rare for a pokemon to be completely outclassed or obsoleted by another that does a similar job, but with only having 1 mega per team, when we have 200 megas it'll be impossible to justify many of them
>>
>>25442665
Imagine if it was overdeveloped and turned into its own page on a a pokemon's summary like contest stats, but it's just "water transport" "float" and "terrain alter". At normally, it just grants certain in-battle quirks like ground immunity or being able to hit diving / flying pokemon. When you get a badge it gives some message like, "You've unlocked new potential in your seafaring pokemon!" And all your water transports allow you to surf on its back. Or "You've unlocked new potential in your terrain altering pokemon!" And now all your terrain alters can cut trees.

Each badge doubles as its would be relevant tm, and game freak is allowed to act like 8 HMs exist for "wonderful" gimmicky puzzles.

Terrain unlocked potential corresponds to cut, strength, rock smash. Water corresponds to surf, dive, waterfall, and float corresponds to fly and defog or some gimmicky wind current glide which takes place on overworld map, like surfing over chasms.
>>
>>25441653
>Love
Expanded 'second objective'. Contests or other with their own plot significance but are objectively just side areas of the game.

>Hate
I don't know what I'd hate more. More handholding or shit early routes with the usual 'shitty bug or normal types' syndrome. Gimme more first routes where something you find can evolve into something badass. Stoutland was my nigga.
>>
Love: Thief Raccoon
Mega Scrafty
Hate: Fire / Figthing starter
>>
File: 1444062685651.jpg (28 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1444062685651.jpg
28 KB, 429x399
More mysterious metal object Pokemon like Magnezone/Klinklang. I don't know why but I just love them.
>>
>Love
New Ice types

>Hate
Lucario shoved down your throat again
>>
>>25441731
fuck, they better not fucking stuff amiibo bullshit in this fucking game
>>
>Proper evolutions for Lunatone and Solrock.

>Megas for Lunatone and Solrock.
>>
>>25441731
>>25443425
Amiibo of the starters is pretty much guaranteed.
>>
Love:
- If that fruit fly Pokemon from the list is real.

Hate:
- Pikachu gets a Mega Evolution.
>>
>>25441871
This
>>
Giving Pokemon Megas when instead they should be getting an actual evolution.

Megas are an easy way for Game Freak to justify not giving existing Pokemon an actual evolution.
>>
>>25441653
>Love
More cross-gens
>Hate
Fusions
>>
>Love
Less linear gameplay, poison or bug legendary, new evos for old mons desperately in need of one

>Hate
Excessive hand-holding (I'm looking at you exp. all, challenge mode gamefreak plz), fusions
FUSIONS
if fusions happen I probably won't buy the games and I've gotten most main series games since gen 2.
>>
>Love
Challenging side-quests in a new area after Elite Four

>Hate
8 or more new legendaries, half you can't get in-game
>>
>>25443517
I would argue that megas take longer to design, as they are the "SUuuuuuper cool rad evos"

But I agree. Lunatone and solrock better get a fucking evolution
>>
>love

Either bringing back follower pokemon, or ditching the "Team Blank searching for legendary Mcguffinmon to use for an evil purpose" formula is dropped and we get a truly new story.
>>
File: 1382782801501.jpg (26 KB, 369x406) Image search: [Google]
1382782801501.jpg
26 KB, 369x406
>>25441653

Love: Solrock and Lunatone get the love they deserve, either evolutions or megas or even both.

Rage: They forget Solrock and Lunatone even exist and create new Sun/Moon themed Pokemon to shower with love and affection.
>>
>>25443606
Forgot the other half.

>hate
Drop pokemon amie, or absolutely no decent post game grinding locations. Grinding in ORAS would fucking suck if it weren't for secret bases and XY was easy to grind in thanks to the Battle Chateau.
>>
>Love: Less linear game. Like the first LOZ, where you could go into any dungeon and get your shit wrecked, but atleast you had the ability to. Gyms should be like that. Have priority moves for FEAR pokemon in those gyms too if they tried to exploit it. Maybe make the game a little challenging? And make it to where by the end of the game I wont have level 70s. I want level 90s by that point with a bit of grinding. Maybe learn to space out the gyms so we won't get 1st gym, huuuuuuuugeee sidequest, 234567, event, 8thE4.

>Hate
Don't make us have to transfer to get a fucking rattata.
>>
>>25443606
>Hate
fusing Pokémon together
>Love
fusing Pokémon with humans permanently
>>
>>25443630
Also,
>Inb4 GF implements fusions
>Doesn't make a solrock lunatone fusion
>>
Love: following Pokémon are back, a large assortment of new Pokémon, some kind of more expanded super training
Hate: fusions, more mega evolutions/giga evolutions/whatever, mandatory Lucario
Shitpost: any waifu, any furbait, and anything with a goofy name
>>
>love
Chinese/Serpentine dragon. Love me sone snake dragons.

>hate
Another pony. Give me a badass stallion like Rapidash again, not a damn cartoon horse like Keldeo

Or a gimmick evolution like mega/primal. Mega was already pushing it.
>>
>>25443575
Let me explain.

I don't hate all Megas, I just hate the fact that they give them to Pokemon that could still evolve, like Houndoom for example.

On the bright side they aren't permanent like some of the shit 4th gen cross evos. Like Rhyperior and Magmortar, I do like Electivire though.

Would like to see a Nidoking/Queen and Haxorus mega though.
>>
>>25443715
I'm thankful for Magmortar as it lets me give Eviolite to my Magmar.
>>
>Love
Trainer Customization Return/Expansion
Mega Ninetales, Torkoal, Volcarona, and Johto Starters
Mega/True Kyurem
Digging/Underground Return
Battle Frontier Return

>Hate
Removal of Super Training/Amie/Megas
>>
>love
Another bug legendary that isn't bullshit to get
>hate
A bug legendary that is bullshit to get like Genesect (hurrr we give another slot in ur there pokedex but good luck trying to get it if ur unable to go to a gamestop or are out of the country for the week we're giving it away online)
>shitpost
A pokemon that looks as boring as mr. key chain or swordemon
>>
>>25443819
Forgot to add Mega Kingler, Crawdaunt, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen.

>>25443715
At least Rhyperior and Magmortar make Rhydon and Magmar better with Eviolite.
>>
File: not a poison type.png (67 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
not a poison type.png
67 KB, 250x250
>>25442486
Only if you rely solely on type advantages in battles.
>>
>>25443766
>>25443839

True, good point.
>>
>>25442486
Depends. Some Pokemon are good designs because of this if the intention is to throw predators off, like Gliger/Gliscor looking Poison type, or Sudowoodo.
>>
>>25441653
>Love
A good postgame battle facility that has some difficulty but isn't RNG bullshit.
>Shitpost ragefest
The battle Maison again, with no actual changes. Pokemon fusions.
>>
>>25444048
Tbh gligar took me forever to figure out the type, since I didn't know where to catch it. I always figured it was flying/bug, or flying/poison. I never even considered flying/ground.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 844x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 844x640
>>25443669
>>25443573
>>25442286
>>25441770
These.
>>
Love: A few more megas (maybe 9-10) more in-depth flying mechanic similar to the eon flute in oras except more to do.

Hate: An annoying/corny/multiple rival(s), too many megas, lack of battle frontier
>>
Love: following pokemon back/ grass dragon, preferably a starter, could be a pseudo dragon like Charizard(no, megas don't count)

Shitpost: Fusion for a bit like megas.
Retarded social feature being integrated into the game as an unavoidable location like the Retard Avenue from B2W2 that could one day become obsolete and you're stuck with them.
Useful features of the pokenav gone/anything resembling the Shit-Gear that make me not care about the touch screen at all.
>>
>>25442761
This right here.

It's already impossible to justify using the likes of Steelix as your teams mega in top tier competitive play because of how poor it is in comparison to other megas, and it's only going to get fucking worse as more and more mega's get added in Gen 7 and 8.

Mega evolution was a nice concept but it really should just have been reserved for shitmons to make them viable and for starters since they're most peoples ace pokemon.

Sadly this couldn't happen because GF needed to market the concept of Mega evolution to people by using the popular legendaries and stuff, but now we find ourselves in a deep hole which we aren't going to be able to dig ourselves out of.
>>
>>25442486
Not really, it would just mean that they've realized how to branch out in pokemon design. There are plenty of pokemon that don't scream out the right type. Flabebe line, Gligar/Gliscor, Granbull, Jynx, Flygon/Garchomp/Zygarde, Sneasle/Weavile, etc. I prefer when they design a unique creature and then assign it a type after the fact. Just because fire is orange/red doesn't mean that every single fucking fire pokemon has to be orange/red. Same with electric, water, grass, etc. I'd love to see some kind of bright orange tropical fish water type, or a fire type that's based around white/blue flames, or maybe just doesn't have orange all over it. They could be really creative, but they seem stuck in that rut, and it makes figuring the game out way too easy.
>>
>Love:
All starters are normal type and gain grass water fire after they evolve.
Poison, fighting, or dragon eeveelutions

>Shitpost:
Gargoyle pokemon that is a statue during the day. Or other stupid mechanics that make me travel to my PC more often.
>>
>>25444778
Kang was a shitmon before it got a mega. Now it's pretty much the best one available.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.