[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Spend all week slabbing honey on trees >Only encounter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: Sinnoh_Route_205_Honey_tree_DP.png (23 KB, 257x192) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh_Route_205_Honey_tree_DP.png
23 KB, 257x192
>Spend all week slabbing honey on trees
>Only encounter Wurmpls and Combees

JUST
>>
>>25441244
Since the release date I still haven't met Munchlax.
>>
>>25441244
>Looking for a Munchlax.
>Buy a shit ton of honey.
>Slather the fuck out of them trees.
>Literally only find Burmy, every time.
>>
>>25441255
I'd argue Munchlax in DPPt is the hardest pokémon to get in any game.
>>
>>25441261
>>25441255
heres the gist of it to make it easier for you
>slather every single bark tree
>note down what pokemon appear at each tree, 4 of the trees will be munchlax tree, you can also attempt to find it trough coding
>slather only those 4 trees
i did it in pearl and plat, it works if you have some patience
>>
>>25441261
Meanwhile, Barry manages to catch one.
>>
The first time I ever tried that thing I got a Munchlax and it was female so I just killed it.
>>
>>25441261
>Spiritomb
>>
>>25441429
What were you supposed to do for that again?
>>
>>25441429
If you had a friend or two systems it was done in an hour.
>>
>>25441261
Poliwrath in BW without simply using a Water Stone takes that position.

The worst part is when you don't realize it has submission until it's too late.
>>
You have to use specific trees and check after certain amount of hours or they'll be gone. Grab a guide.
>>
>>25441261
3rd gen feebas without the internet to help
>>
>>25441500
Shedinja without the internet. Or 3rd gen Chimecho. Or 3rd/6th gen Regis.
>>
>>25441261
How could you forget about poor Feebas in the third gen?

At least you can always get a Snorlax in HGSS or the pokewalker, or move it up from Gen 3. You don't NEED to do the honey method to get your hands on him.

Now granted, it's much easier to get him nowadays, but back in gen 3? To get a Feebas, you literally need to invest hours upon hours fishing, going from spot to spot in the river. 4 of the 600 or so tiles had Feebas in them, and you could easily skip them because those same tiles still had a 50% chance of spawning a Carvanha instead. If you don't have time to fish every tile up on any given day? Too bad! Once the clock rolls over, the tiles are reshuffled, forcing you start over fishing in every square again! At least you could always wait for your fucking battery to die after 10 years to make it marginally easier...

Don't give me no shit about Munchlax being hard to get, for them it's just persistence, it's no different then hunting for any 1% rarity pokemon, just spread out over weeks or months rather then minutes or hours. If you have a Feebas in your 3rd gen carts, that is a true mark of honor. It is proof you are indeed a true nigga, and it's something you can brag about in Gamer Cred threads.
>>
>>25441445
Nah. Every rippling water spot on certain routes had a 5% chance to hold Poliwrath.
Munchlax only had 1%, and only in 4 out of 21 trees. Problem being you have no idea which trees that is due to it being generated from your ID and SID.
Not to mention that you can get countless rippling water Poliwrath rolls within the 6 hours it takes for getting a mere 4 Munchlax rolls.
>>
Regigigas in ORAS is pretty much impossible to get without looking it up. For that matter, who the hell found out how you get him? Was it in the guide?
>>
What other Pokemon have a 1% chance of appearing on a given route in the games? Out of curiosity.
>>
>>25441573
Chimecho comes to mind, as does Volbeat/Illumise depending on the game. Chansey, Syther, Pinsir, Tauros and Tangela in the safari zone depending on what zone you're in...
>>
>>25441531
>>25441500
3rd gen Feebas and 4th gen Munchlax are in the same boat.If you didn't now that only specific spots/trees had them you they were incredibly hard to get.
However with the required knowledge you would easily get a Feebas within a day, as opposed to Munchlax.

Also the spots didn't change by time in gen 3, only gen 4.
>>
>>25441573
Yanma, Snubbull, but those are swarming pokemon and they don't really count in GSC and HGSS.
>>
>>25441244
> You will literally NEVER find heracross or munchlax
>>
File: 465789876543.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
465789876543.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>25441441
>If you had a friend or two systems it was done in an hour

Exactly you fuck
>>
>>25441730
I feel like I'm one of the few people here who actually had friends to play with.
>>
>>25442088
FUCK YOU NORMALFAG GET THE FUCK OUT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25441244
>Slather honey
>forget about it and remember the day after
>nothing
>>
>>25442097
>had
I HAD friends to play with, Anon.
Most of them moved on from Pokemon years ago..
>>
>>25441603
>Also the spots didn't change by time in gen 3
Technically they did because the spot for Feebas would change depending on the saying at the place in Dewford if I remember right and that changes over time.
>>
>>25441573
Surskit.
>>
>>25442097
>>25442123
>not still having weeb friends that play Pokemon and help you make a living dex
>>
>>25441500
>>25442125
I remember finding one out of the blue and having no idea how.
>catch it
>keep fishing in the same spot
>keep finding Feebas for hours
>at the end I have 10 boxes full of Feebas
>literally supplying the whole city with Feebas since I was the only person that had managed to find them
>getting 95-100s and shinies for them
>people still had no idea how to find one when they stopped with Pokemon after a year or two
I hadn't even used the internet to know how to find them. Completely random.
>>
>>25441573
Not on a route, but Cryogonal everywhere except in gen V Winter is 1% too.
>>
Are those not the only honey Pokemon available?

I actually really like Combee.
>>
>>25442439
>TFW i waited for winter to catch that fucker.
>Also i was waiting to see that area in winter thanks to some NPC
>Its shit.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25441244
in a platinum nuzlocke, I once found and caught a heracross off the honey tree outside the forest. the emotional high lasted for days.
>>
I hope Sun and Moon has a Pokemon like this again. Stupidly hard to get mons are one of my favorite things of this franchise.
>>
>>25441244
I got 3 aipoms and 1 munchlax before I found a female combee
>>
>>25442915
I hope so too but I doubt many people will bother now since GTS is a thing.
>>
>>25441573
I think white flower Flabebe only has a 1% encounter rate.
>>
>>25442915
I reccomend Yokai Watch to you then, god luck with all the 1% it has plus waiting the crank machine to give you its exclusives.
>>
>>25442989
Wtf? No. Flabebe is pretty common. The color depends on what flowers you're walking on, genius. Go into a white garden if you want white Flabebe.
>>
>>25441514
Shedinja was obvious if you tried to complete a living dex.

Chimeco I agree with, though It was my first encounter in that area so I thought it was more common.

Regis though were quite hard.
>>
>>25443898
Yes, because there sure is white flowers in Kalos, idiot.
Unlike the other variants, white can be found in all flower fields, but is always 1%.
>>
>>25441288
are the 4 trees munchlax only?
i'm pretty sure they have the same rates + 1% munchlax
>>
>>25444973
it's a game freak easter egg / reference on white people in france

je can confirmé this
>>
>Find a Munchlax
>Spend all day training it
>Forget to save
I don't think I'll ever recover from that.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.