[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Third Versions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: zgre.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
zgre.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Are our patterns messed up now?
No more third versions of games?
No Gray
No Z
Probably no Eclipse,Earth,Star etc to Sun Moon
>>
third versions never made sense
>>
>>25438799
>(Current year)
>People still believe in the patterns.
>>
>>25438799
>some sperg actually took the time to make that
never change /vp/
>>
Zygarde was sacrificed for out Gen 7 overlords
>>
Grey Z is coming
>>
Autists don't do well with change.
>>
>>25438818
>not believing in the pattern that there isn't any pattern.
>>
>>25438811
Emerald and Platinum did. The story change to Emerald made a lot of sense, since both teams are fucking insane and evil it made little sense having one be good in RS. The story changes to Platinum were alright but much more minor. The main thing for those games was the addition of a post-game. The Battle Frontier was really cool, and showcased the next level for trainers to go after since most people did very little competitive battling until those came around. Platinum was the best third game out of any for sure though, because DP were absolutely terrible. So much was broken and the game needed a serious redesign. Platinum turned the mess of DP into something really enjoyable.
>>
>>25438914

Delta Grey Z
>>
>>25439019
>Delta
Everyone knows remakes don't get thirds tho.
>>
>>25439019
Were did people ever get the idea of Delta Emerald anyways
There was no Mind Crystal
or Wet Blue (whatever youd call Blue)
>>
>>25438799
When Masuda said he didn't want to be predictable, I didn't think it meant that much, even though people seemed to cling to that statement. He explained why we didn't get Grey, and why they came out with ORAS instead of Z right after XY. I figured it still meant we'd get some form of "Z" after ORAS. Now with Sun and Moon, I really see what he meant.

When you look at it, every "third version" under Masuda added something different. Emerald started off with the first major change to the plot with the Aqua/Magma clash and Rayquaza's role. Platinum did the same as Emerald, but added a form for Giratina. BW2 did the same as Emerald and Platinum, but split into two versions and forms.

Where do we go with Zygarde? Three versions? No, that's not practical. Jumping to Gen 7 is almost a given, and the saying goes that "hindsight is always 20/20"

Ignoring Zygarde probably isn't a practical alternative either. I stand strongly that Zygarde will play a role in Sun and Moon, whether it be maingame or postgame. And by the way, SM is Gen 7. The 6.5 stuff was plausible if it were still a Kalos centric game, but with a new region and new Pokemon, it's undeniable where we are at this point in time. At best, we may have the Gen 2 scenario. Revisiting Kalos. Perhaps direct trading with Gen 6(remaining blue pentagon placeholders), just like Gen 2.
>>
>>25439031

Pokemon Delta Emerald was one of the game names trademarked. People took that and ran with it, despite the fact that they have shitloads of game names trademarked that they've never used.
>>
>>25439029
>muh patterns
>>
>>25439247
I hope so as well as Ash Greninja and Enternal Floette
>>
>>25439031
>Were did people ever get the idea of Delta Emerald anyways
It was the logical extension of the "but they're rs remakes not emerald remakes :^)" justification people made to defend ORAS.

Blue and Crystal didn't need remakes because most of their relevant content was available in the remakes. That wasn't true of ORAS, which basically ignored 90% of what Emerald did that wasn't incorporated into later games anyway.
>>
>>25439835
>ignored 90% of what Emerald did that wasn't incorporated into later games anyway.
Battle Frontier was the only thing OR/AS didn't include.
Everything else, from the Wallace champion battle, the Steven in the pokemon NASA building team fight was included. You could argue there wasn't a scene where Rayquaza calmed both Kyogre and Groudon, but that's really not very impactful.
>>
>>25439894
>juan flat-out doesn't exist
>mirage tower is gone
>the frontier took battle tents and trainer hill with it
>magma's hideout is just a reskin of aqua's again
>desert underpass and the east safari zone don't exist
>also altering/terra/marine cave but who cares
>gym leaders can't be fought again except wallace, who is refought exactly once

Nice memes. Meanwhile, we got two more battles and match call.
>>
>>25439808
I don't think we'll see Ash Greninja directly(Ash is for the anime canon), but the concept behind it most likely will be

As for AZ's Eternal Floette, I think we may see that too. It has signature move for fucks sake. And Zygarde also had two more moves. When they decide to can shit, they normally remove it from the code(eg. God Stone). These moves and Floette were still in the code for ORAS, so at that point it was still plane to be used.
>inb4 Azure Flute
They had plans to distro it until the very end. We can tell because as late as HGSS, you are allowed to return to he Sinjoh Ruins with a Hall of Origin Arceus with unique NPC dialogue there referencing the previous visit.

That also goes for the two remaining blue pentagon placeholders, which we thought meant two more Gen 6 games. As said earlier, SM is undoubtedly Gen 7. But this may be a Gen 2 scenario in more than one way, and we will be able to directly trade between the generations. They are on the same console after all, so it's not out of the question.

They plan generations out in advance, and way before the generation even is close to being launched. True there is always a chance shit gets canned, but it's unlikely they had any reason to do that.
>>
>>25439968
Shit, you're right. Been a long time since I've played R/S/E because all three were stolen from me shortly after Pearl came out, which killed my hype for Platinum since all my favourites were on Emerald.
>>
>>25438799

There are no patterns anymore.

Sun and Moon will be the only 7th Gen games, and then Gamefreak will not release a game for 3 years, than the fourth year they will move on to the 8th Generation where they release 4 different versions Pokemon Solid, Pokemon Liquid, Pokemon Gas and Pokemon Plasma. Then the following year they will release Pokemon Prestigious Platinum.
>>
>>25438799
Funnily enough I thought Platinum and Emerald were some of the best Pokemon games, leagues better than their predecessors.
>>
>>25438914
Twilight Eclipse Grey Z
>>
>>25439995
The placeholders were probably a red herring. If they were, it was brilliant.
>>
>>25438799
No third versions would be fine as long as they made much more of an effort in the first two.

Though, I do like frequent releases so I dunno what they are going to do in between the main games and remakes.
>>
>>25438799
BW2 being successful gave Gamefreak a taste for doing something different
Now they think it's in their best interest to do something different every generation
Who knows what they'll do next for Gen 7, maybe just go straight to Gen 8 afterwards on the new handheld system
>>
>>25439247
There is possibly another major benefit to getting Gen 7 now.

DP was when GF had zero knowledge of how the DS worked. Everything looked blocky and it was slow as hell. When they knew how the DS worked, look how BW turned out! Snappy battle system, snappy overworld, insane 3D graphics, and gigantic landmarks like Sky Arrow Bridge. Castelia City, and N's Castle.

They might have complete knowledge of how the 3DS works by now. That means we might get the battle system completely optimized. ORAS graphics blew XY's out of the water. I bet SM's graphics will be mind blowing.
>>
>>25438799
BW2 was the third version you retarded Unovabortion
>>
>>25438799
>grey
If they hadn't spelt it "gray" it would've been shit
>>
>>25440710
You sound like one of those fucking retards who think that computers are in the realm of magic or some shit. It's not like GF met with a fucking DS fairy or something and was told "here, figure this shit out for yourselves".
The graphics changes between D/P and B/W were because they were a new fucking generation, not because "hurr durr we know how it werks now", and ORAS's graphics were identical to XY's.
Fuck.
>>
I hope so

Third versions were cancer.
>>
>>25440493
I'd assume Gen 8 afterwards. I think they also realize a totally new game makes the most money, so third versions are out.

I also don't think we'll see Sinnoh remakes until Gen 8.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12 KB, 206x245
>>25438820
Correction: Some sperg printed it out and passed it off as a leak

VGboxart is a prestigious site that deals in Fake boxes for fun, they're not exclusively made for leakers. And get comissions all the time to make neat stuff.

The only sperg is the guy who thoguht he'd get tons of face
>>
>>25439968
Pretty sure Match Call was an R/S thing too, which was eventually replaced with the Pokenav in Emerald.
>>
>>25439968
>juan flat-out doesn't exist
Good fuck the frenchie. Wallace is better
>mirage tower is gone
Oh boo hoo. What a loss.
>the frontier took battle tents and trainer hill with it
Again, what a loss.
>magma's hideout is just a reskin of aqua's again
Duh?
>desert underpass and the east safari zone don't exist
Nothing of value
>also altering/terra/marine cave but who cares
Took the words out of my mouth.
>gym leaders can't be fought again except wallace, who is refought exactly once
PWT in BW2. Good day sir.
>>
People who say all patterns are stupid are surrounded who suck at patterns. Yeah they can't give everything but used right they can give you a vague blue print. Just don't be stupid when looking at them. The pattern of previous announcement dates made me able to predict that new games wouldn't be announced until 2016. But some dumbass pulls something out of his ass to predict a 2015 announcement non holiday and people think that the results weaken patterns credibility overall. Also regarding bw2 a sequel maybe wasn't predicted but it was wish for.
>>
All patterns are now dead. They were reliable in the past, but BW2 broke them and S&M killed them. There's really no way now to predict how Gen VII will go.
>>
>>25441408
Gray is gay.
>>
>>25438811
They only existed to tide us over for the next big thing. Like how they released the Uncharted series for the PS4 even though we already played it and there's really no reason to play it again.
>>
Pokemon Go is representing earth.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.