[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IT'S HAPPENING http://nianticlabs.com/blog/ >The Pok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: pokemon_go_corner.png (73 KB, 350x238) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_corner.png
73 KB, 350x238
IT'S HAPPENING
http://nianticlabs.com/blog/
>The Pokémon Company and Niantic will be inviting users to field test Pokémon GO in Japan later this month. The Pokémon GO field test program will give users the opportunity to share early feedback and help improve the Pokémon GO experience. Please stay tuned for information about expansion of the field test to other markets.

>Thank you for your interest in Pokémon GO.

>— The Pokémon GO Development Team

POST YOUR POKEMON TRAINER RESUMES
>>
Does anyone know what Japs are submitting to be testers?
>>
>>25437526
Gmail address, phone OS (Android or iOS, iOS is limited in comparison to Android though) and Ingress username and level if they have them.
>>
I'm assuming there's no chance us Europefags can just register through Hola Unblocker or some shit and just get the beta through that way?

Either way, hyped to see footage of how this thing will work in action
>>
I cannot wait for leaks.
>>
>>25437569
Seeing as the game is location-based, they'll probably only program in Japan for the beta anyway.
>>
>>25437669
>they haven't already programmed all major locations
That's probably the majority of what took so long
>>
>>25437569
You can use a VPN to register, but there's not guarantee you'll get picked or if it'll work even if you are picked.
>>
>>25437368
Pokemon Go GDC event was also cancelled today.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/hrK0AEW.jpg

Questions asked in registration:
>Google Account
>iPhone/Android
>Username
>Ingress level
>>
>>25437742
Probably they discovered a crippling bug at the last moment.
>>
>>25439542
everyone who at a minimum can't use google translate on the page itself probably shouldn't be signing up
>>
>>25437368
Will Pokemon Go include Gen 7 pokemons?
>>
>>25441587
it will probably only include gen 1 pokemon
>>
>>25442302
>probably
you're pulling things out of your ass. it will probably have all pokemon up to gen 6 and gen 7 patched upon release
>>
>>25442356
im not pulling things out of my ass im going by the facts and its very likely that there will only be gen1 pokemon

>only gen1 pokemon shown in trailer
they wouldve shown at least ONE non-gen1 pokemon like lucario or jirachi or whatever if there werent only gen1
>not made by gamefreak but by some american company
doing over 700 3D models has to be hard work, so why not just make the first gen which includes the most popular and most widely known pokemon?
>made to cater to nostalgia and people who played it in their childhood
normies aka smartphone gamers wont care for fucking Goodra and rather want Charizard or Blastoise and the people working on GO probably know that
>previous collaborations between Google and Pokemon
this isnt really hard proof or anything but its still interesting: the company working on GO is mostly founded by Google. When Google used Pokemon for their google maps minigame they also only used gen 1 pokemon

all of the above makes me about 85% sure it will only include gen 1

i could be wrong but thats very unlikely imo
>>
>>25442430
the description of the gdc panel suggested otherwise
>>
>>25437368
I signed up yesterday, senpai.
I am so excite.
>>
>>25443128
what did they say at the gdc
>>
>>25437368
>in Japan
I'm not going to Japan for this shit.
>>
>>25442430
>doing over 700 3D models has to be hard work
You mean the ones they already got from XY?
>>
>>25442430
I'm certain this will be how it is on launch and it'll cost more money to get "gen" expansions.
>>
File: AnonIsAFaggot.jpg (41 KB, 853x477) Image search: [Google]
AnonIsAFaggot.jpg
41 KB, 853x477
>>25442430
>When Google used Pokemon for their google maps minigame they also only used gen 1 pokemon

And THIS, anons, is how you become a historical revisionist.
>>
>>25442430
When Google did the maps game it had a unique Dex of 151 pokemon pulled from all generations. Stop lying. You don't know shit until they tell us shit so don't pretend to know shit you don't know.
>>
Is Ingress available on the NA android store? If it gives me better chances I'll check it out.
>>
>>25443268
God, at the very least I hope we can pay for more gens rather than being stuck with Gen 1.
>>
>>25443178
the gdc event itself was cancelled but the description of the event mentioned they were implementing "hundreds" of pokemon.
>>
>tfw just signed up with 6 different email addresses
>>
>>25443864
>>25443903

oh i didnt knew that

it wouldnt be an argument anyways since the google maps team isnt niantic i just wanted to point it out (which now looks pretty stupid since it turned out to be wrong)

now that im thinking of it: the fact that they used mons from every chance is actually boosting the chances of all gens (or at least mons from all gens) being in GO

also i want all gens in pokemon go too but things arent looking good right now if you ask me
>>
I honestly believe most, if not all Pokémon will be available in this game. They've been working on it for years before we even knew about it. With a $30 million budget and 42 developers, I think we have a good chance of having all pokemon available.
>>
>>25442430
>actually expecting literally who mons like Seel or Exeggcute to be available instead of Blaziken, Gardevoir, Lucario or Greninja
Nah, if anything they'll put only like the 200 most popular mons in the game. If your bro is not popular don't expect it to be in, even if it is from Gen 1.
>>
>>25444202
I'm going to be surprised if they're all free and/or all initially available. They sold this shit hard to genwunners with the initial reveal and nothing will turn them off more than if the first pokemon they get are say, wurmple and ducklett over caterpie and pidgey.
>>
>>25444244
>Be playing Pokemon GO
>First pokemon just 100 metres away
>Get amped
>Go up to the Pokemon
>Its fucking Garbodor
THAT would turn off most peeps the most anon, not Wurmple and Ducklett
>>
>>25437368
Bump for interest.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.