[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
explain please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: sunmoon2.jpg (37 KB, 553x311) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon2.jpg
37 KB, 553x311
If this is REALLY gen 7, why release it on the 3DS if the other half of the generation is going on the NX. They have never released half a gen on one system and the other half on another system, and if thy were going to they would havedone it with Black and White 2.
>>
>>25431702

What makes you so sure that the second part of Gen VII will be on the NX? Remember, BW2 came out after the 3DS has already been released, so there's precedent for them sticking with the 3DS even after the NX is out.
>>
File: image.png (89 KB, 359x488) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 359x488
>>25431702
It's Gen IV to V all over again. Even if the new gen handheld is out, they'll still release the third/sequel/remake games on the older handheld with enhanced capabilities on the new one.
Also,
>NX
You're just going with the assumptions and Youtuber-tier rumors.

Gen VI is unredeemable shit. Get over it.
>>
Sun and Moon was most likely in production for a while now on the 3DS and they only just recieved the NX dev kit. But there is absolutely no confirmation of the other half being on different hardware. Even if they wanted to do it with BW2 it makes no sense whatsoever as a marketing, and/or technical standpoint
>>
Gold and Silver were still playable on Gameboy, you just didn't get the color.
Crystal, however, was Gameboy Color only.
>>
>>25431702

We don't even know what the NX is.

All we know is that it's in development.
>>
>muh NX
well memed
>>
File: 1359762845302.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1359762845302.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
Why does everyone think NX is a mobile console?
>>
Black 2/White 2 were released after the 3DS had launched. Since the 3DS was backwards compatible with the DS, the game could be played by people who owned both consoles. It's the same story with these games. The NX will probably be backwards compatible with the 3DS.
>>
>>25431702
Gold, Silver: Gameboy (Gameboy Color Functionality)
Crystal: Gameboy Color only
>>
>>25431810
>The NX will probably be backwards compatible with the 3DS.

...assuming it's even a mobile device. It may not be.
>>
>>25431702
Besides Sun and Moon wont have any third version or sequels. We're done with those
>>
File: Bull Fuckin Shit.jpg (260 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
Bull Fuckin Shit.jpg
260 KB, 570x558
>>25431839
>generations will be reduced to having two main versions, two remakes and several spinoffs because the idea of having another Sequel would no longer make B2W2 "unique" and Nintendo told them to stop the Third Version Bullshit unless they put in the effort to make them significantly different from the first two
>>
>>25431747
I agree, it's just this one thing that I've been questioning, that's all.
>>
>>25431837
The 3DS is five years old. It's far more likely that they'll replace the 3DS rather than the Wii U. If the rumours are true then it will be a handheld/home console hybrid (with the handheld model being released earlier than the more powerful home console model).

And 5 years used to be the standard for a generation of consoles. The 7th gen was abnormally long.
>>
Because the NX is a home console, not a handheld.
>>
>>25431808
Because it is....It's a portable/console hybrid and the 3DS is at the end of it's lifespan, and it's also clearly meant to replace the failure of the wiiu
>>
>>25431886
The NX is two different things that combine into one

Safe to say there's a handheld in there somewhere
>>
>>25431839
Remakes?
>>
>>25431896
>The NX is two different things that combine into one
>Safe to say there's a handheld in there somewhere
Give me your source. And I mean an actual source, not any of the speculation bull.
>>
>>25431839
Remakes are a thing
>>
>people who jumped on the gen 7 train would piss about GF following patterns
>now uses patterns to say the next iteration after SM will be in 3ds
This is actually entertaining.
>>
>>25431907
Sure, read the countless claims from people that have received the Devkit while I comeback later with the leaked document showing that its an upgradable console with a portable piece that increases the systems CPU when attached and is it's own device. Brb
>>
>>25431912
OP was the one that said
>They have never released half a gen on one system and the other half on another system

People are just saying that it has happened before. Not that it's necessarily going to happen.
>>
>>25431907
http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=8&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=Nintendo.AANM.&OS=AANM/Nintendo&RS=AANM/Nintendo

Leaving this until I can go find the other one as well
>>
>>25431702
Nintendo really likes their handhelds to fail, so they will release it on 3DS and then release a new handheld a year later without a Pokemon title to sell it. Just like with B2/W2.
>>
>>25431979
Except it hasn't. They've been backwards compatible before, but never have they released half a gen on one console and the other half on another. By this I mean sequel games and remakes.
>>
>>25431810
But why would you buy NX if you already have a 3DS that can play that game you really want?
>>
>>25432093
Game Freak and The Pokemon Company don't care about console sales, they care about Pokemon game sales. They released Black 2 and White 2 for DS because it had a wider install base and, therefore, a much larger potential market.
>>
>>25432090

Wasn't that exactly what happened with Crystal?
>>
>>25431876
The DS was 8 years old.
The Gameboy was 10+ years old.
They kept them alive with upgraded systems.
The N3DS was released to the shores last year IIRC. They're more likely to just replace the Wii U because it's a piece of shit that makes them no real money.
>>
>>25432164
It was released on GBC. It's the sequel to Gold and Silver which were also bith released on the GBC.
>>
>>25432206

They worked on the original Game Boy, though. So Crystal was exclusive to a later device. Assuming the Gen VII third game (if there is one) is released on the NX (if it is actually a handheld) and the NX is backwards-compatible with 3DS games, it would be the exact same situation, right?
>>
>>25432023
Motherfucker I have seen those documents and you know as well as I do it doesn't prove it's a mobile console.

All it proves is that the "processing units" can be detatched and used separately. We don't know if this means it's going to be like the Wii U, if it's a handheld, or something else entirely.
It might not even be used. They just patented the idea, Ninty has pantented shit like Nintendo branded smartphones in the state too.
>>
>>25431977
>upgradable console with a portable piece
Holy shit I called exactly this over a year ago!
>>
>>25432253
Cool because those patents have been a thing for around a year+ or so.
>>
>>25432249
The GBC was a slightly upgraded gameboy, not usually considered a totally new console. It would be the equivalent to if Sun/Moon were on 3DS with New 3DS features, and the third game was New 3DS exclusive.
>>
>>25432252
Okay, fine. It could be like the WiiU on that regard, but doesn't this almost confirm every single claim people who have received the Devkit have made about it being a console portable hybrid? If we know for a fact that it has a detachable part, then its quite likely that it's true. Believe what you want, but it's a console portable hybrid
>>
>>25432196
A new Nintendo handheld prints money every time. And memes aside, the Wii U is actually generating them a profit (most of it comes through software sales rather than hardware sales).

And the N3DS is still outdated. It has a god-awful resolution and its not exactly a computational powerhouse either. The DSi XL was released just a year before the 3DS was launched.
>>
>>25432273
>not usually considered a totally new console

Not sure that's true. At the time, I remember it being anticipated as the "next gen" handheld device. Maybe in retrospect it was a minor upgrade compared to the jumps we see now, but at the time it was a pretty big release.
>>
>>25432273
The Gameboy is considered to be a 4th gen device and the Gameboy Color is considered to be a 5th gen device. Hardware generations of consoles are usually defined by time rather than power.
>>
>>25431889
Link me to the Nintendo Direct where you watched this because I clearly missed it.
>>
OP here. I was just being retarded. If this is Gen 7 (Which I believe it is regardless) and its on the 3DS the next games will be on the 3DS as well as there's no way they are going to make an all new engine and put in all that effort in again just for the Diamond and Pearl Remakes and would at least wait till after those to release a game on the NX.
>>
(OP again) + it would be jarring and wouldn't make sense marketing wise, especially when a year in with the NX it probably still won't have the playerbase Gamefreak would want to release the next game to yet
>>
>>25431834
Wrong. Gold and Silver were Gambit colour games, just backwards compatible games just due to how weak the GBand GBC were
>>
>>25432484
Game boy * auto correct messed me up
>>
>>25432310
>Muh devkit leaks
Look, if I see a picture of the dev-kit with someone playing it like a mobile, then I'll believe it.
Joe Schmoe talking on a random-ass board or "leaking" to a random-ass news site isn't enough, considering the fact that those sites are more than happy to fake leaks to get hundereds of thousands of hits.
Even better if they can copy someone else's "leaks" to seem legit.
>>
>>25432514
>Muh, I can't face the fact that my 3DS is going to be replaced so I'm going to keep being in denial

I swear, you could literally show some of these fags as much proof that they want and they still won't believe you. Probably still believe the Earth is flat despot there being overwhelming evidence that it's not
>>
>>25432271
Literally the first I heard about the patents was this thread.
>>
>>25431977
>I comeback later with the leaked document
>Brb

And anon was never heard from again. No es fake.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.