[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was the best gen 6 game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
File: pokemongen6games.jpg (151 KB, 586x608) Image search: [Google]
pokemongen6games.jpg
151 KB, 586x608
Which was the best gen 6 game?
>>
It's so bad in retrospect, I guess I'll choose X by default, but it's the same as Y.

ORAS was so fucking lazy, I can't believe it
>>
x
>>
>>25431532
XY.
>>
Sun/Moon
>>
AS/ ORAS
>>
XZYZ
>>
XY, just because it was something totally new so it doesn't have an older version that it's obviously inferior to at points. The newness and Pokemon variety also made it better for multiple playthroughs.

ORAS had better story and characters, for as much as that's worth in a Pokemon game.
>>
XY. And soon to be Sun/Moon.

ORAS is irredeemably trash. The post game is shit and you can't even use the "b-but they're the first games of the gen!" excuse like you can with XY.
>>
>>25431582
>ORAS had a better story
Gen 3 story barely functions on a structural level, how can you even enjoy it? It's bad guy does thing, you stop him at every turn, he accomplishes the thing anyway because fuck you, immediately regrets doing thing, you are forced to fix the bad guy mess without any outside help being nodded off by two adults who could've fixed the thing the bad guy did or at least assisted you but instead they all sit and watch you save their fucking region.

Compare to X/Y.
Bad guy wants to do thing.
You slap his shit hard when you finally have the oportunity to do so.
You stop the bad guy.

Ok, so maybe you fucking hated Lysandre and the super weapon and the past war bit, ok. I get it. No problem. But at least it was something straightforward and it made a modicum of sense.
>>
>>25431532
So many wonderful options. Definetly XY over ORAS
>>
>Implying Gen 6 have decent game
>>
>>25431625
Lysandre's entire motivation was completely fucking retarded and AZ's involvement was sloppily written. Even by Pokemon standards.

Also
Archie>Maxie>>>>Lysandre
Aqua Admins=Magma Admins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flare Scientists
Wally>Brendan/May>Calem/Serena>Shauna>>>>>Trevor>Tierno

ORAS wins because it was only sort of silly and childish, like most Pokemon plots.
>>
>>25431602
>Sun/Moon a gen 6 game

Anon...
>>
>>25431532
X/Y
>>
X. based Xerneas is based
>>
>>25431532
None. X/Y were slow af. Oras rushed af.
>>
ORAS were the better games. They looked slightly better, had a better region and better music. The ORAS hate on this board has become a meme at this point. The games are objectively superior to Ruby and Sapphire simply because they use the modern mechanics that are now staple to the series. They would render Emerald obsolete too if they had bothered to use Emerald's improved gym leader teams and they had included the Battle Frontier. But even if you go back and replay gen 3 now, they'll feel outdated (the biggest flaw being how shitty most of the learnsets are).
>>
>>25431549
This one is just pure gold desu
>>
>>25431532
Are there even any difference between the two post game?

I thought they had the same exact battle tower/maison and the same tms and move tutors, and breeding items.

The only difference is the story right?
>>
ORAS were the better games, but kinda felt boring because it didn't have that 'new adventure' feel to it. X/Y on the other hand were much more exciting to play through, but a bit of a disappointment.
>>
>>25431625
>>25431723
Why are there so many morons who can't understand Lysandre?
>>
>>25432237
>reasonable opinion
>/vp/
this is bait
>>
>>25432482

Because the concept of cutting deeper into a wound to clean it is incomprehensible to plebs. They can only see what's right in front of them, and in terms of black and white.

Lysandre's problem wasn't the motive, it was his sloppy solution. It's clear he didn't really know what fuck to do.
>>
ORAS.

That's not saying much either lol
>>
>>25432237
I think most of the hate is actually just disappointment that it didn't live up to the inflated expectations most of us had. I don't mean to speak for everyone, but I think if ORAS had the Emerald features you mentioned, just about everyone would consider it GOAT. Because that's what we expected. That's what we built outselves up for. And because those expectations weren't met, we left the game bitter and longing for what we'd hoped for.
>>
X and y.

Oras was lazy and poorly Executed.
>>
>>25432237
>They looked slightly better

They most certainly did not. They took a region in 2D and completely forgot that they were designing it for a 3D-overworld. Everything from caves to regular routes are dull, the only visual highlight I remember is diving.

In fact, the embarrasing frame drops make ORAS worse, as not only should they have been fixed from XY, but they also have an older version that runs better (compared to XY).

>The games are objectively superior to Ruby and Sapphire simply because they use the modern mechanics that are now staple to the series

Hahaha, oh wow. Do you really believe this? At least use an actual argument like Wi-Fi activity and compatability, not subjective nonsense. In fact, I would prefer playing RS for several reasons, including more coherent visuals and no frame drops.

I truly believe people like you are some of the worst cancer in video games.
>>
Y

ORAS has less content than emerald, there is literally no excusing its shittiness
>>
XY have the virtue of being new, but ORAS was stronger in the main and postgame area Tbh.
>>
>>25432237
>>25432631
I thought oras had a battle maison already? What's the difference between that and a battle tower? Aren't they all the same thing as a battle frontier?
>>
>>25432967
How was it stronger in the post game?
>>
>>25432598
>Lysandre's problem wasn't the motive, it was his sloppy solution. It's clear he didn't really know what fuck to do.
You hit the nail on the head. The distinct impression I get from Lysandre is that he spent years trying to come up with some alternate "solution" to the problems he saw, but he just couldn't find one. It's also likely he knew about the weapon all his life because of his lineage, so it was always there in the back of his mind. He basically drove himself crazy over this and didn't really want to go through with his plans, so it makes sense that they're so sloppy.
>>
>>25432988
E4 rematches
>>
>>25432850
ITT Bumbling dolts who actually think ORAS has significant frame drops and incoherent visuals.

You're not even trying to make sense.
>>
>>25433088
I thought you could always rematch the e4.
>>
>>25433142
They get stronger and get Megas upon fighting them again ORAS, but not in XY.
>>
>>25432850
>They most certainly did not.
Actually they did. XY just looked really washed out. ORAS had much more vibrant colours. It also helps that the Hoenn region is much more diverse than the Kalos region.

>At least use an actual argument like Wi-Fi activity and compatability, not subjective nonsense.
Wi-Fi and compatibility are modern mechanics. And the modern mechanics are objectively superior to the older mechanics.

I'm not going to defend the absence of Emerald features, there's no real reason why they shouldn't have been included in the game (HGSS took a lot of features from Crystal). But saying that ORAS is worse than RS is just delusional.
>>
>>25431532
Pokken Tournament
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.