[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POKEMON GO CONFIRMED BLUNDER OF THE YEAR http://mynintendone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: CcnmAwoUUAESeGS.jpg (69 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CcnmAwoUUAESeGS.jpg
69 KB, 1024x576
POKEMON GO CONFIRMED BLUNDER OF THE YEAR http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/03/pokemon-go-session-at-gdc-2016-has-been-cancelled/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
>>
>>25427910
Fuck i knew theyd pull a lady gaga
>>
>>25427910
Surely this is because they have devoted so much time and energy into making Pokemon S&M the best it can be!

Have a little faith and everything will turn out great!
>>
>>25427929
It's more an ANTI tea
>>
>>25427932
GO is made by Niantic and not by GF idioit
>>
>>25427941
Lady gaga makes tons of empty promises hence they pulled a gaga pulling an anti would be hyping it up and being a flop
>>
So a cancelled preview = cancelled game?

Thats some top tier logic.
>>
It's not going to be cancelled since it will likely be the biggest cashcow Pokémon has ever had.

They're probably just not as far along as they expected to be.
>>
>>25427991
True i doubt its canceled but it sucks that we have little info on it and its first show case is being held back like ughh
>>
>>25427991
>biggest cashcow Pokémon has ever had.
Come on...
>>
>>25428006
normies + nostalgiafags + microtransactions = $$$
>>
>>25428016
And its on smartphones
>>
>>25428019
that too. A platform nearly everyone has.
>>
>>25428016
But you're judging the game before we even saw any gameplay besides it will have plenty of other popular apps and games to deal with
>>
>>25428032
Assuming you get a starter and you find pokemon randomly in real life and you battel trade others its gonna sell imagine you find items randomly too like random pokeballs with stuff you can use to heal and equip pokemons also pokebank compatibility for those with 3ds
>>
>>25427910
nice, fuck pokemon go
>>
>>25428064
Again, thats all just assumptions without any real insight into the gameplay.

Besides GF will not allow so that GO would replace main series aspects.
>>
>>25428100
Well it wouldn't have a story
>>
>Lax,Careful and Bashful
Th..thanks Nintendo
>>
This seems just like Niantic. Reminder that the last project they worked on was canceled after a gigantic event in NYC, without a word. I'm surprised they can do anything without Google's involvement
>>
>>25428006
>>25428016
You just know anything above a normal Pokeball will take "PokéCoins". A currency besides the usual PokeDollars that can either be gained through daily logins or bought with real money
>>
>>25428416
Well Google did invest in pokemon go
>>
>>25428603
That was the point
>>
>>25428452

You've never played ingress, have you?
>>
>>25428629
Most of the people assblasted about the microtransactions haven't, I'm sure.
>>
>>25427910
that much was obvious from that cringeworthy reveal trailer

i mean what kind of fucking moron do you have to be to get hyped for a mobile game?
>>
>>25428006
just check the views on youtube
>>
File: preorder_cancled.gif (1 MB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
preorder_cancled.gif
1 MB, 320x176
>Due to low sales and high costs of google glasses and other AR units, it's unfeasible that they would ever develop something like GO for headset tech
>you will never see GO on top of reality
>you will never hang out with your best buds one level from IRL
>you will never form so great a bond with them that you cut off ties to everyone else to journey and become a pokemon master
>you will never go broke from traveling expenses when it becomes obvious you can't just fight other trainers for money
>you will never sell your body and hometown mons you never use just to stay alive
>you will never lie in a gutter, malnourished and cold, your only possession the piece of technology that lets you stay with your friends
>you will never slowly breath your last, exhausted, hungry, worn and far from home but fulfilled for having spent the time living with your Pokemon
Why even get out of bed
>>
Pokemon Z will come out by the time this damn game comes out
>>
What kind of non issue
>>
They said they canceled in order to prepare for beta and launch. So maybe we should actually be getting hype???
>>
>>25427953
What promises? Serious question.

Also, Anti officially flopped? I couldn't fucking stand that work work work work bullshit, so I wouldn't be surprised...
>>
The Niantic guy made a statement here.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/03/03/pokemon-go-gdc-presentation-canceled.aspx
>>
>>25429995
Underrated post
>>
>>25427910
>There are going to be PvP gyms, just like the real Pokemon world!
>You can join the nefarious Team Rocket, which is made up entirely of real players!
>It will be the biggest MMO ever created!
>I'm going to go to Mt. Everest to capture Articuno XD
>It's real life Pokemon!

They're freaking out because they've been stoking all of the hyping genwun fags have been doing since the trailer and the release won't have anything remotely close.
>>
>>25429995
Extremely underrated post
>>
>>25430273
source?
>>
>>25430953
They're not even readu for FUCKING beta tests?

What was the point of announcing it in September 2015 if they're still far from the release?
>>
>>25431449
To get the nostalgia crowd back into Pokemon for the 20th anniversary so they could sell more merchandise
>>
>>25431417
This very much. If you think you have to go anywhere interesting to do any damn thing, you're a fucktard. Anything like a legendary that ends up "location exclusive" will be downtown in a city. The best you could hope for is water Pokemon showing up at coastal cities, but it probably won't even be that.
>Hey Groudon is in Chicago/Sydney/Berlin scheduled 2 weekends from now!
>why?
>because it's so exclusive and realistic! I already booked my hotel :^)
>>
>>25431449
Sheer incompetence.
>>
>>25431449
Maybe they're actually really close to beta and that's why they want to concentrate on that.
>>
>>25430390
ARTPOP app teas. Visual album teas. And then Beyonce released BEYONCE first.

ANTI flopped but she worked around it by having Samsung buy 1m copies and then they gave it for free. This somehow made it platinum even though it only sold 460 copies when first made available.

Still, Lady Gengar deserved that Oscar. Sam Smeargle is cancelled.
>>
>>25431449
If they announced it too close to SM, the hype for the main titles would be split between them and Go
>>
>>25429322
Nah, just wait
This is the exact reason Google is backing up GO

I mean, if Pokemon alone can sell Nintendo systems, down the road selling consumer grade AR tech using the pokemon brand is possible.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.