[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/`s thoughts on Pokémon Go go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: 2016-03-02-19-33-53-1860425454.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-02-19-33-53-1860425454.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
/vp/`s thoughts on Pokémon Go go
>>
>pokemon go go
>>
>>25425042
All my friends from here despise it, but I'll enjoy it. Get to play a game I love with my normie sisters and friends. Also I might meet people from it, too.
>>
>>25425068
All my friends and I can`t wait for it
>>
>>25425042
I think I'd like it, but there's literally ZERO FUCKING INFORMATION ON IT even though it was announced more than half a year ago.
>>
>>25425042
Total gimmick, will be dead within months.
Expect pay2win bullshit ala pokemon shuffle.
>>
>>25425096
its geo tagging with pokemon
as long as they dont fuck up the battle/catching/trading aspects they literally cant fuck it up
>>
like communism, good in theory, but will probably be quite disappointing in reality
>>
>>25425042
Me and my cousin can't fucking wait. Now my bike rides can have a destination besides just exercise.
I'm afraid my very spread out, medium sized town might get ignored as far as good mons go.
Also might have to learn competitive since I've never had interest until this.
Not sure how far I'll drive for an Abra or Aron yet.
>>
I`m in canada so i`ll get straight ice pokemon
>>
>>25425042
would definitely buy for the following reasons
>it's pokemon
>snazzy watch
>i have to actually go outside and walk around to play the game
seems like the perfect way to help me lose weight/socialize with other players and all that fun shit
>>
I'm assuming you get a starter and catch pokemon randomly battle them heal them etc. And it'll connect to pokebank and can transfer pokemon into the games soooo yes I'll get it
>>
>>25425042
i'm really hoping for region and city specific pokemon, it would definitely make things more interesting
also i'm interested in how they're going to make sure that wild pokemon don't spawn in private property. It would be hilarious to see some idiot get arrested for trespassing because there was a rare pokemon in someone's backyard
>>
>>25425665
the wristband pokeball thing isn't a watch, it's just a way for people to play without looking at their phones

like, if you pass by something on your commute but you can't take out your phone, it'll light up and you can press a button to catch the pokemon or whatever
>>
>>25425800
but it's not, they said that it'll beep and flash when there's a pokemon you can catch around you shitlord
>>
>>25425800
this is what makes me fear that its going to be 'collect them all' and not 'catch battle and train them all'
>>
>>25425816
that's literally what I said

I was just correcting >>25425665 by saying it doesn't function as a wristwatch
>>
>>25425858
>you can press a button to catch the pokemon
but that's wrong
>>
>>25425111
Looking at their short term track record, it wouldnt surprise me at all to see them fuck it royally
>>
File: 2JoRHGg.png (8 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2JoRHGg.png
8 KB, 640x480
>GOing outside
>ever
I haven't left my house in 13 days.
>>
>>25425889
post piss bottles or fuck off
>>
>>25425902
He said his house, not his room. He's probably got a toilet.
>>
>>25425135
I don't even think communism is a good theory because its based on a false premise that denies human nature
>>
Everyone i know will play
But what the fuck, all interviews say nothing, and wouldn't hurt them to release a bit of information.
I can't be hype for just a "soon"
>>
>>25425042
Not enough info to form a full opinion, but cautiously optimistic.
>>
Its retarded. No one wants to leave their house to play pokemon. Also it's dangerous for children.
>>
>>25426063
>No one wants to leave their house to play pokemon
Casuals do. The fact that it's on a smart phone kinda implies that it's meant for a more casual audience. Also, children go with their parents, like they did in the trailer.
>>
>>25425042
Seems like an interesting idea, but it depends on the execution, which we know absolutely nothing about. So only time will tell.

The only thing that I'm really hoping for is that you're able to fight or trade around the world; I get the whole "you're supposed to meet up and fight together!" thing, but I really doubt it'll be SO popular that you'll run into people playing it everywhere. If it has no way of at least being able to fight other trainers online, it will flop outside of major cities. I mean, I guess it'd be neat to collect pokemon, but what's the point of collecting pokemon if there's nobody around to fight?

I'm also really hoping they aren't gonna stick to gen 1, because it'd be absolutely impossible to populate the world with just 151 pokemon without there being exessive repetition. I know they probably won't, but you can never be sure.
>>
>>25425902
Toilets exist. No need for outside. We aren't all animals like you
>>
File: FUUUUUUUUUCK.png (130 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUUUUUCK.png
130 KB, 500x500
>>25426374
>>25425921
>having a toilet

REEEEEE REMOVE NORMIE
>>
I hope i can iv train in it or transfer my iv trained mons to it so i can stomp normies with mega beedrill.
>>
Would rather have the same game but with simpsons characters
>>
>>25425902
>piss bottles
>not diapers

What kind of fucking fake NEET are you?
>>
>>25425042
I live in the motherfucking woods. There's no point to this geotagging shit for me unless they get squirrels to start playing it.
>>
>>25426956
Post board appropriate diapers
>>
File: 1283818746846.gif (771 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
1283818746846.gif
771 KB, 420x280
I don't expect it to replace the official games in my heart, but I look forward to it and playing with friends who have fallen out of Pokemon. I enjoy Ingress but wish it had a bit more to it, and I suspect Pokemon Go will fit the bill quite nicely.

I'll probably be a piece of shit and buy the Pokeball thing. Hope my area has something thats actually representative of where I am from.
>>
>>25425190
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>25425111
in my opinion, yes they can if they don't know how to make it compatible to different types of phones, if the interface is literally just a menu, and if the app has pay only content that nulls the point of the game
>>
>>25425085
GDC in just a few weeks!
>>
>>25429577

Fucking cancelled
>>
GDC conference is cancelled, check serebii. Does this mean it's delayed?
>>
I love the people who are like "everyone will make fun of you if you play it" out on the street.

No, it'll look like you're on your phone for a few seconds.

It would have to take some sort of insane cosplay+LARPing to get anyone to think ANYTHING strange about someone taking out their phone for a few moments.
>>
>>25425741
That would make my day. My town is mostly stoners and meth heads though. So all i really have to do is ask, as long as they're not tweekers. Coming to think of it, i think it would be pretty rad to play on acid. Get excited over every single pokemon i see, haha
>holy shit, look at that rattata. I think its a little bigger than the last one
>have 59 rattatas
>>
>>25429647
top percentage rattata
>>
>>25429639
I know right? I play an OG gameboy color, people don't give me shit for it irl.
>>
>>25429639
Even if they knew you were playing it they probably wouldn't care. I know dozens of people on my campus that are going to get it even if they barely ever played Pokemon.
>>
>>25426322
>children go with there parents
Sometimes, but most children are either rebellious or stupid. I bet at least 5 get hit by a car chasing after dem legendaries
>>
>>25425042
So, you fucks, post your face when your mobile device is not powerful enough to run Go or isn't supported by Go.

Pic related
>>
>>25429787
Unless you have to make a throwing gesture with your cell phone to throw a pokeball.

>So many phones lost to water pokemon. topkek.
>>
>>25429868
>Some crooks realize there's a mint to be made in scavenging old water-logged phones
>Go accidentally creates a new form of crime
>>
What if you went out at 3 AM or whatever? Would Pokemon found change depending on the time?
>>
>>25425042
Presumably they'll have microtransactions to buy pokeballs and shit. Makes sense.

I don't know, it might be interesting. Maybe it'll give me an excuse to go outside.
>>
>>25430309
Yes. Only at 3am under dark bridges will you be able to encounter Alluackbomb.
>>
>>25430268
Retrieving lost objects isn't a crime.
>>
>>25425042
cancer
>>
Where would you even find fire types
>>
More like Pokemon Gone
>>
>>25430327
It is when you sell it to a third party for profit.
>>
mobileshit so it'll be a cash-extortion platform, not a game
>>
Reminder that if you haven't played or researched Ingress, you're not entitled an opinion.
>>
>>25425042
I would like it. I would have another thing to autismo about when I travel.
But we only have trailers as information source. Guess that Google is better in keeping secrets than Game Freak.
>>
>>25430346
In Europe next to muslim refugee hostels
>>
>>25429647
I live in DC so if rufflet/braviary isn't a city exclusive I'll eat my fucking hat

Also now I really want to play pokemon stoned
>>
>>25430346
A volcano
>>
>>25430346
Chicago
>>
>>25430346
This makes it evident that pokemon won't be region specific
>>
>>25425889
I haven't had a banana in a couple months but I'm not bragging about it
>>
>>25430572
I'm pretty sure they said that only some mons would be region specific.
>>
>>25430346
What if there was a built in function that detected temperature? You find fire types when it's hot and ice types when it's cold
>>
>>25430671
Put my phone in the freezer and oven to catch them.
>>
Ive been playing Ingress to see what Pokemon Go will be like, and they seem to do it well. I remember playing it like every day, then when it got really cold, kinda dropping it off to maybe once a week.

I'm afraid to realize I'll likely do the same with Pokemon Go. When it gets cold, I'll just put it away and slightly get into it, but not really have anyone who will play with me.
>>
Gonna pass. Nothing about it appeals to me personally. The few friends that have expressed interest in it are cashing in on the nostalgia. I guarantee it'll be a moderate success for a short while and then quickly die when the targeted demographic realizes it isn't just Generation 1 stuff and the nostalgia dries up.
>>
>>25425880
thats what they said in the announcement.
>>
File: salty bitch.jpg (33 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
salty bitch.jpg
33 KB, 480x480
>>25429859
>>
File: 5782.png (170 KB, 415x485) Image search: [Google]
5782.png
170 KB, 415x485
tfw:

>There is no battling.

>Pokémon automatically caught by making pokeball throwing motion.

>Your Pokémon level up and evolve by the number of steps you take.

>Fifty miles out in either direction from where you live is not on the Pokémon placement map.

Prepare for udder disappointment
>>
File: 1456929647763.jpg (144 KB, 640x573) Image search: [Google]
1456929647763.jpg
144 KB, 640x573
>>25425933
This guy gets it
>>
File: 4fc.jpg (26 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
4fc.jpg
26 KB, 600x610
>>25425042
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.