[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fossilmoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: helix.jpg (76 KB, 570x567) Image search: [Google]
helix.jpg
76 KB, 570x567
I'm thinking about making a competitive team with 100% fossilmons. Has anybody ever attempted this? It seems the majority are bottom tier.
>>
don't do it, they're all shit
>>
You will lose to Keldeo.
>>
Kabutops and the Hoenn pair are actually pretty damn good. Good luck getting another decent 3 though
>>
>>25424869
Yeah, that's what it looks like. It makes my panties dry.
>>
File: 1369705990195.png (16 KB, 249x337) Image search: [Google]
1369705990195.png
16 KB, 249x337
You should do it OP and laugh at anyone for trying to tell you not to. Cradily can be a surprising beast.
>>
smogon or vgc?

you could do raindance.

aerodactly lead, kabutops, omastar, cradily, armaldo.

i'm fond of archeops. good revenge killer.
>>
I ran a mono-rock team once. The problem was that there were a fuckton of things that could sweep through it with minimal effort. Rock is really not a type you want your entire team to be.
>>
>>25424907
VGC

>>25424908
That's what I was wondering about - but I think I may be able to pull it off, fighting will be a tough thing to deal with. Rock slide will be OP as fuck with some things, though.
>>
>>25424906
I'm considering putting him to be honest.

I'm weighing out a few options right now.

What's everyone's favorite fossil for battle use? I'm probably going to keep a megadactyl in the back for dealing with fighting types.
>>
File: dancing.gif (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
dancing.gif
119 KB, 500x500
>>25424970
Cradily is my favorite to use but that goes back to when I defeated a friend using a cursedily. Suction cups are good.
>>
File: Yourargumentisinvalid.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yourargumentisinvalid.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
I can't lie, strongjaw Tyrantrum can be fun, give him assault vest and pick your poison, though objectively headsmash nuking with his HA is maybe more viable
pic not related
>>
>>25424866

Raindance is probably your best bet, but you're still in a really bad spot.
>>
>>25424869
Omastar is good in rain.
>>
>>25424866
Only if you make it a rain team. Omastar and Kabutops are good in rain(If you're using Kabutops it has to be in singles to be effective)
>>
>>25424866
I thought the fossil was clouds?
>>
>>25426428
I was breeding a competitive HA Tyrantrum and a penta IV Shiny Tyrunt was born. Feelsgoodman
>>
File: MahNamek.png (345 KB, 600x454) Image search: [Google]
MahNamek.png
345 KB, 600x454
>>25426743
>>
>>25424866
Based on what I saw/played, I'd say something like : HA Tyrantrum (tank or sweeper), Cradily (stall, with Giga-Drain, Toxik, Recover), Kabutops (rain), Aerodactyl Mega (sweeper), Archeops (lead/anti-lead with focus sash, stealth rock, endeavour, taunt, head smash). But it lacks a special sweeper and/or another defensive mon.
>>
Cradily with Strom drain is great to deal with all the water-types.
>>
ROCK MAN, MASTER OF ROCKS, HAS ARRIVED TO GIVE ADVICE

ROCKS ARE THE BEST

I WILL LIST THESE FROM MOST TO LEAST USEFUL IN MY EXPERIENCE

USE CRADILY, IT IS YOUR BEST CHANCE AGAINST FILTHY WATER TYPES

AERODACTYL IS YOUR ONLY MEGA OUT OF ALL OF THE FOSSILS, USE IT. IT IS BOTH FAST AND POWERFUL, I RUN MINE WITH TAUNT TO REMOVE ANNOYING STALL POKEMON

TYRANTRUM CAN BE RUN WITH DRAGON DANCE OR A CHOICE SCARF, BOTH WORK WELL

SHELL SMASH CARRACOSTA IS GOOD WITH A WEAKNESS POLICY, AQUA JET MAKES UP FOR ITS LOW SPEED

IF CARRACOSTA IS NOT YOUR STYLE, FOCUS SASH OMASTAR WORKS JUST AS WELL AND IS MUCH FASTER. HOWEVER, IT IS A SPECIAL ATTACKER AND HAS NO PRIORITY

RAMPARDOS IS MY FAVORITE OF THE FOSSILS AND DESTROYS WORLDS WITH HEAD SMASH AND A CHOICE SCARF, IT IS STILL SLOW THOUGH

ARMALDO IS BOTH A GREAT STEALTH ROCK SETTER AND RAPID SPINNER, ITS ATTACK STAT AND ACCESS TO AQUA JET ARE NO JOKE EITHER

KABUTOPS WORKS BEST WHILE IT IS RAINING, THIS COULD HELP YOUR OPPONENT A BIT TOO MUCH THOUGH, SO I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND USING IT

ARCHEOPS IS INCREDIBLE, SO LONG AS IT IS ABOVE HALF HEALTH. AERODACTYL IS STRONGER AND GENERALLY MORE USEFUL, SO I'D RECOMMEND NOT USING ARCHEOPS IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT A MEGA

BASTIODON IS A GOOD ROCK SETTER, BUT DUE TO ITS INFERIOR STEEL TYPING, IT CAN BE PICKED ON MUCH MORE EASILY BY FIGHTING AND GROUND MOVES

AURORUS IS BY FAR THE LEAST USEFUL FOSSIL, IT IS WEIGHED DOWN BY THE TERRIBLE ICE TYPING. IF YOU DO USE IT, TRY USING IT AS A SPECIAL WALL WITH AN ASSAULT VEST, IT CAN DEAL GOOD AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE AND REFRIGERATE HYPER VOICE IS VERY GOOD

I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND REMEMBER THAT ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
If you want to branch out a bit, consider stuff like Yanmega, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, Relicanth, prehistoric themed pokemon. The first three at least will definitely add something to the team.
>>
>>25427230
wow
>>
File: csxcd.jpg (212 KB, 1553x1201) Image search: [Google]
csxcd.jpg
212 KB, 1553x1201
No but more should so we can pitch the idea of a prehistoric prequel to the games
>>
>>25424866
Im incredibely biased since archeops is my favorite 'mon, but he can be pretty great. His speed, attack and movepool are very good, his only real weakness is his piss poor ability.
>>
>Aerodactyl
>Omastar
>Cradily
>Bastidon
>Tirtuaga
>Tyrantrum
>>
>>25424947
Dont do it in vgc
Its much more srs
Plus you get raped by the primals
>>
>>25427230
the ROCK MAN, MASTER OF ROCKS has visited this thread. The MOST USEFUL ROCKS will come to you and extinguish the filthy water types, but only if you reply 'AQUA JET IS NO JOKE' to this post
>>
>>25428074
You should include ancientpower evolutions
>>
Competitively, it isn't a great idea.

In-game. It's, at best, ok if you want to do a type/themed run.

I used 6 fossil mon against the elite four in XY when I went through to get a Hall of Fame entry for teams comprised of each type/other gimmicks. You can have a decent coverage when it comes to typing but in the end, you're still beholden to rock which really isn't great.
>>
>>25430573

And more primal forms
>>
>>25430559
AQUA JET IS NO JOKE
>>
>>25430559
AQUA JET IS NO JOKE
>>
>>25424866
kabuptos is GOAT
>>
>>25430559
Someone needs to make an image for this.
>>
File: 1390674844065.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1390674844065.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>25427230
> screencaping this
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.