[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it canon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Pokemon_Yellow.png (247 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Yellow.png
247 KB, 320x320
Is it canon?
>>
Which canon?
There's like five pokemon canons.
>>
>>25423034
Canon to the vidya gaems
>>
>>25423011
In a way.
>>
How can it be canon when it literally contradicts Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen?
>>
>>25423067
Its canon to itself.
>>
>>25423011
Yes
Red and Blue are not canon
>>
>>25423087
How can any of those things be canon when they all contradict each other?
Japan has never cared about the concept of "canon". Only Americlaps have bitch fits over one imaginary story being more "real" than another.
>>
>>25423011
It's the only game where you can get Red in GSC/HGSS's team without trading (assuming Eevee evolved later) so yeah

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Red_(game)#Pok.C3.A9mon
>>
>>25423189
Oh, hi representative of every Japanese person of the Japanese fanbase.
>>
>>25423189
>Japan has never cared about the concept of "canon"
Why am I supposed to care?
>>
>>25423807
So why is it that every time I read an interview where an Americlap interviews a Japanese franchises creator and asks him about canon, the Japanese guy reponds with "Who gives a shit? Whatever you want to be canon."?
>>
>>25423827
Gee, maybe because it's a Japanese series?
>>
>>25423798
>implying he didn't take Charmander
>implying Blue later traded his Blastoise to him and he picked up a Venusaur egg from somewhere in Johto, which is when he also evolved his Eevee
>>
With the multiverse theory from ORAS, every single game is canon
>>
>>25423189
Fucking bullshit. If you seriously think Japanese people didn't have discussions about whether Dragon Ball GT was "canon" (especially when a lot of them would have actually read the manga) you're straight up delusional.
>>
>>25423189
Look up Dragon Break, my friend.
>>
No, but Red did get a pikachu and all the starters somehow, so eh.
>>
>>25424664
A term like canon has never once been introduced in anything that is Pokemon or even Dragonball related for that matter, so >>25423189 is right. Japanese really don't give a shit about canon, only if something is official. (that is, not doujin)

The closest thing you will see is the allusion to parallel universes in ORAS, and "what if" in Dragonball games for Dragonball. Funny enough GT is never a "what if" scenario, ever. The West really is stupidly autistic about this shit. Please, if you have any evidence of Japanese talking about "canon" or any official Japanese materials, please post it. Structured franchises are not the standard in Japan for Japanese media. Even when they are, you have series like Fate and the entire Nasuverse (basically his entire portfolio of series are all inter-related to varying degrees) in which there's nothing "non-canon", everything is just a different branch or possibility. Nothing "didn't happen", and I've yet to actually see any series where something "didn't happen" or is non-canon from Japan.

>>25423835
This actually happened once with Yoshiyuki Tomino at a panel on Gundam. They didn't exactly know how to translate to him because the concept doesn't quite exist as a word, so Tomino basically just said he only really likes his own work. Which is pretty much to be expected of someone like him. Of course, Sunrise's policy is different all together with Gundam and there's still not really any solid kind of canon. They just do what the fuck they want to and have a couple of distinctly Alt-UC timelines, just like their many Alt-Universe productions and Turn A which basically shits all over any kind of unified concept of Gundam. It's still a pretty hot topic to this very day because people in the west are so autistic about continuity.
>>
>>25423798
Why wouldn't Red trade? His mission is to collect all Pokemon, and this is not possible without trading.
>>
>>25427248
Nah, Red's mission is to be the very best.
Crystal's is to catch them all.
>>
>>25427321
But even in the Meme Manga Red started with Not-Pikachu
>>
No.
Red Version is the cannon version.
Green/Blue versions are still good.
Yellow is for children.
>>
File: octillary.png (170 KB, 1024x953) Image search: [Google]
octillary.png
170 KB, 1024x953
Is it cannon?
>>
I've always assumed that the third versions were the "true canon" or whatever you want to call it
>>
>>25427459
That's a squid you retard
>>
>>25428439
>X and Y don't have a third game

Oh thank god Kalos isn't cannon
>>
>>25428525
Octopus.
>>
>>25425545
Literally everything Hirofumi Ichikawa has ever done.
>>
Yellow was just Ashnime faggotry. It's not canon.

And it's probably already overridden by FRLG anyway.
>>
>>25428546
REKT
>>
File: muh_cannons.png (155 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
muh_cannons.png
155 KB, 450x250
>>25423011

>>25423034's right, you know.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.