[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why is this little shit a steel type? Just what about it says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: 303Mawile.png (785 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
303Mawile.png
785 KB, 1280x1280
so why is this little shit a steel type? Just what about it says "yeah I'm made of metallic magnetic materials"?
>inb4 b-but t-the Pokedex says that the jaw is a horn made of steel
Yeah it's not like Pokedex has given unreliable information before or anything.
Also now that I'm on the subject, why is it a fairy? What the hell even qualifies for fairy typing?
Also Pokemon typings that you find weird I guess.
>>
File: 385Jirachi[1].png (837 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
385Jirachi[1].png
837 KB, 1280x1280
>>25420180

Why is he a Steel type?
>>
>>25420180
It's fairy because it's based on a youkai from japanese folklore.

Its steel because its horn jaw has steel teeth. The Pokedex fucking explains it you cock juggling thundercunt. I don't see you bitching about Lucario for the same exact fucking reason you hypocritical piece of no-good shit.
>>
>>25420180
>>Just what about it says "yeah I'm made of metallic magnetic materials"?
Steel is not normally magnetic
>>
>>25420230
>I don't see you bitching about Lucario for the same exact fucking reason you hypocritical piece of no-good shit
that's becasuse I wanted to limit my complaint to one Pokemon per post to prevent confusion your retarded fuck. And I am not some faggot ass hypocrite, Lucario being a steel type makes no fucking sense to me either. Like what did you fucking make it a steel type to appeal to edgy kids or some shit?
>>
>le "if it's not light gray it can't be metal" maymay

The American education system, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>25420211
>he
>>
>>25420255
not according to Pokemon since MAGNET PULL traps steel type Pokemon.
>>
>>25420296
>>25420230
welcome to /vp/! using the word "fuck" wins and makes great arguments!
>>
>>25420376
No, the fact that it's based on a yokai and is explicitly stated to have steel teeth is what wins the argument.

I just think OP is a tremendous fuckoff douchenozzle
>>
>>25420230
How does a being based on a Yōkai equal fairy? That would seem to more equal ghost to me since you know, that's basically what the name means.
>>
>>25420211
Jirachi is based on shooting stars, which are meteors that have deposits of metal
>>
>>25420230
>>25420296
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand time, Lucario is a Steel type and has steel spikes on its hands and chest because it has, "a heart and fists of steel".

I know it's not obvious but how do people not figure this out
>>
>>25420475
you know I wouldn't be bitching about it if, oh I don't know, the mouth, horn, thing actually looked like it was made of metal faggot. also
>muh mythological creature = fairy type
because fucking Candy Floss and Perfume is a creature of legend right?
>>
>>25420525
Yokai aren't just "ghosts" or "spirits". Plenty of them fit the role of fairies in folklore. Tanuki are a prime example. Ghost has a much stronger "death" connection than many yokai, which are just supernatural creatures. Psychic, ghost and fairy are all equally valid for yokai depending on the particular creature.
>>
>>25420180
>the dex is unreliable therefore everything it says is wrong
>>
>>25420589
Yeah, and that is explained in the pokedex. The same place that OP is ignoring and whining about why Mawile is steel.

I'm saying OP can't just choose to ignore the reason why something is the way it is and then bitch that it has no reason to be the way it is.
>>25420632
You cunt, you asked why it was fairy. I gave you the reason, don't fucking bitch if you don't like it.
>>
File: 1455949624487.jpg (6 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
1455949624487.jpg
6 KB, 250x190
>>25420230

damn op u got btfo
>>
>>25420366
Yeah that's how magnets work, go put a magnet on a piece of metal and it'll stick
>>
>>25420716
>Hurr durr all metal is magnetic
>>
>>25420366
The pokemon with the ability is magnetic.
>>
>>25420376
actually he won at "cock juggling thundercunt"
>>
>>25420180
Because it's fly trap mouth is made of Steel, that's why it's Steel type.

Also fairies in Pokemon are not just cute and pink, they come from European Folklore where they are the masters of dragons and steel/iron/etc. poisons them.
>>
>>25420180
It's made up of steel, but that's not immediately noticeable. Learned mostly Dark moves for the longest time too, really should've been Dark/Steel or just pure Dark.
>>25420844
>where they are the masters of dragons
This is not even popularly so, let alone universally. There are also so many Pokemon based on youkai that it would be ridiculous if all of them were fairy-typed.
>>
>>25421121
>There are also so many Pokemon based on youkai
Ninetales, Dunsparce, Mawile, Froslass...
>>
File: 38906210.jpg (270 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
38906210.jpg
270 KB, 800x600
>>25420180

It's steel because it steals people's hearts with its cuteness
>>
>>25420632
I can give you on the whole perfume thing, but the candy floss deal is because its based off fairy floss, the name for our buds the Aussie... so obvious pun with the type.

Tfw Aromatisse Fairy/Poison Mega will never happen.
>>
>>25421390
I'm waiting for a Fairy/Electric type based on fairy lights. (Christmas lights here the U.S.)
>>
>>25420366
>being magnetic means a material is attracted to a magnet

Beautiful. Ungerage, please leave.
>>
>>25420180
>implying every steel is magnetic
>>
>>25420643

>Psychic, ghost
>When introduced it's type was steel
>>
>>25421184
aw :3
>>
Pokemon whose color schemes suggest a completely different type from what they are make my blood fucking boil.
>>
I always thought if I punched a Mawile I'd recoil in pain and break several bones in my hand because it's body is super hard, like steel.
>>
>>25421680
You know what else is hard like steel? Your cock in my mouth you fucking homo
>>
>>25421772
>implying ir wouldn't be me to suck your big phat cock
>>
>>25421160
Off the top of my head
Jynx, the yamauba--or rather, yamauba ganguro fashion
Various ghosts are tsukumogami, objects that become sentient after a hundred years
Espeon and Meowstic have the twin tails of nekomata
Snorunt (yuki warashi)
Whiscash is an ounamuzu, a catfish that causes earthquakes
Shiftry is a tengu
Golduck and the Lombre+Ludicolo are different interpretations of kappa
The Drowzee and Munna line are both baku
>>
>>25420525
Youkai is an extremely broad term. The parallels between Youkai and western folklore are variable. Some Youkai are like ghosts, some are like demons, some are like fairies, and some are completely benevolent creatures that are just like humans.
>>
>>25421184
you, I like you
>>
>>25421160
not to be "that guy", but tsuchinoko are more of a cryptid than a youkai

based on japanese folklore, yes
>>
Mawile is the GOAT
>>
>>25422402
Mawile looks nothing like a goat; just because something has horns doesn't automatically make it a goat.
>>
>>25420180
It's a Steel//Fairy type because it's weak to ground and fire and is immune to poison and dragon, while getting neutral damage from fighting and steel moves
>>
>calling my waifu a little shit
Please die

>>25421184
<3
>>
>>25420844
The dragon stuff is more due to dragons typically having a vulnerability to magic, whether it be magic spells, magic weapons, or whatever

Now how the fuck this also translates to an immunity to dragons, and why dragons don't have a similar weakness to steel types as the magic argument is still fairly weak in and of itself...
>>
>>25422446
But Psychic is closer to a "magic" type. Fairy is more a physical descriptor type like Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, and Steel.
>>
>>25422330
You are well-versed.
>>
File: thumbsup26.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup26.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>25421184
Nice.
>>
>>25422484
>But Psychic is closer to a "magic" type.

You are not intelligent.
>>
>>25422402
No, Gogoat is the goat you blind idiot.
>>
>>25420180
How do you complain about Mawile as a steel type and not Lucario/Jirachi?
>B-B-But sometimes the pokedex is wrong, that means everything it says is wrong!
By that logic, why is any pokemon any type? How do we know that fire on the end of Charmander's tail is actually fire and not just red plasma? How do we know Alakazam is actually psychic? Etc.

Also, it's a fairy type because it's based on a Yokai (the Japanese equivalent of a fairy tale creature) that's literally a woman with a mouth on the back of her head.
Fairy types are generally based on creatures from fairy tales, or creatures with mythical attributes.

However, to be more on-topic, the only fairy type that doesn't make sense to me is Marill's evolutionary family. Why change a pokemon that was just a water-type into a magical water type 4 generations later? Doesn't it seem too late to make a change like that? I mean, with pokemon like Clefable, the change was obvious because they were always magical creatures, but Marill isn't magical at all.
>>
>>25422484
No? Even DnD sees psychics and magic users as different. One is power of the mind to warp the world. One is power of arcane arts/the spirit/whatever to warp the world
>>
>>25421772
>>25422044
Can i join?
>>
>>25422811
>How do we know that fire on the end of Charmander's tail is actually fire and not just red plasma?
Fire is a plasma :^)
>>
>>25422811
>However, to be more on-topic, the only fairy type that doesn't make sense to me is Marill's evolutionary family. Why change a pokemon that was just a water-type into a magical water type 4 generations later?
Azumarill is a moon rabbit, otherwise the Japanese name for its ability wouldn't be a pun on mochi, a type of rice cake. In Japanese folklore, the moon rabbit pounds ingredients for rice cake. And the moon is obviously connected to the Fairy type. Examples: Clefairy line, Moonblast, and Moonlight.
As for Marill and Azurill, I guess it was so that we wouldn't have a Pokémon that changes its only typing to something completely different in the next stage.
>>
Why is Lucario part Steel?
Why is Starmie part Psychic?
Why is Mr. Mime part Fairy?
>>
>>25424226
>lucario
Bits of metal on it
>starmie
Psychic gem
>mr. mime
He's gay
>>
>>25424226
>Why is Lucario part Steel?
Everything about Lucario is connected to something else.
>name is "oricalu" with the kana spelled backwards
>this could be oracle or orichalcum
>oracles were said to provide predictions of the future, up to and including death
>Anubis was the Egyptian god of death
>Egyptian gods are said to have bones of metal
>orichalcum is a mythological/fictional metal
And that's why Lucario is part Steel.

>Why is Barrierd part Fairy?
Something something tsukumogami of a jointed puppet/dummy/doll.

>Why is Starmie part Psychic?
I don't know.
>>
>>25420632
>because fucking Candy Floss and Perfume is a creature of legend right?

This is why Fairy-type is so retarded. There's no consistency; it's just whatever Pokemon Game Freak feels like slapping the type on.
>>
>>25423690
>Azumarill is a moon rabbit!
>doesn't get any moon moves
>most of Fairy-types moves have nothing to do with the moon
>>
>>25424363
Lucario is based off of Luke Skywalker (the Force) and Wolverine (steel/adamantium skeleton)
>>
>>25422816
But the average Fairy type isn't particularly magical by Pokemon standards. The fact that so many of them were NORMAL says it all.
>>
>>25424822
>>25424941

Fairy also gets mileage as a Fey/Silly type, so Normal doesn't have to cover quite as many tropes.
>>
>>25420230

Fairies are also tricksters and it tricks you with its cute front before revealing its back.
>>
>>25422402
>UOL
>>
>>25424822
Fairy floss. It's a terribly obvious pun.

>>25424854
Many people on this site claim that Fairy is the "cute type" even though most Fairy-type moves are magical by nature and have almost nothing to do with looking/acting cutesy.
>>
why is charmander fire type
>>
>>25421772
>>25422044
Ya'll niggas gay
>>
>>25424854

It lives on the moon. That doesn't mean it can harness the power of the moon. I mean, can you harness the power of the earth to shoot light at people? :^)
>>
When will there be a fairy type that actually looks scary because fairys in folklore mostly are terrifying.
>>
>>25425919
There are admittedly a fair number of fairy moves pertaining to being cute and a bit mischievous.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.