[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we all agree that the poketch was the lower screen filler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: P1.png (2 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
P1.png
2 KB, 256x192
can we all agree that the poketch was the lower screen filler
>>
>>25418020
Did you mean to say best or worst?
>>
>>25418031
Best obviously
Shit was fun as all hell
>>
>>25418020
i liked it for the roaming legend tracker.

mostly just used it for the party status screen though.
>>
>>25418031
oh shit oops

best
>>
Loved the Breeding App he had. Way better than Pokemon amie
>>
>>25418052
>Breeding App
Tinder?
>>
The HGSS bottom screen was god-tier
>>
File: poketchi3.png (4 KB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
poketchi3.png
4 KB, 230x172
>>25418061
that too
>>
>>25418020
it truly baffles me that in gen 5 they added a screen that only exists to tell you that you are not online
>>
>>25418061
>he fell for the tinder meme
Shit doesn't work bro trust me :'(
>>
Did anyone even like the CGear and online shit in Gen 5?

They never bothered to reintroduce Dream World or anything like that.
>>
>>25418094
I'm sorry.
>>
>>25418097
at least its not as obnoxious as gen 6 pop ups asking me to wonder trade or connect to whatever bullshit.
>>
>>25418097
no, it was a PSS that did nothing
>>
>>25418089
The bottom screen was probably the worst thing about gen v.
>>
File: 150px-Pokégear_GSC.png (40 KB, 150x197) Image search: [Google]
150px-Pokégear_GSC.png
40 KB, 150x197
>>25418020
If Gamefreak really does go into the mobile market, like everyone worries about, I hope they invest in hardware so we can get these kinds of things in real life.
>>
>>25418129
>I hope they invest in hardware so we can get these kinds of things in real life.

You mean a modern fucking smartwatch which exists and nobody uses?
>>
>>25418097
Yes and no.

It seemed like a bunch of used up space, especially since I was almost never near a wifi network, and just leaving wifi on drained the battery pretty good.

On the other hand, I REALLY liked the background swapping. Stupid extra gimmick I was lovely, but now I am stuck with my choice forever.
>>
>>25418020
If you mean best, then without a doubt yes.
>>
>>25418020
>Expansive as fuck
>Had everything you needed
>And mini-games
>AND you could still download more from events
I love it.
>>
All those people that make fun of you for getting simple math questions wrong when you have a calculator on your wrist.
>>
>>25418020
Yes and it was fucking terrible
>>
>>25420470
how
>>
As much as gen6 is reviled around here, I felt like it was a good expansion and use of the lower screen, which started with Poketch. If we could combine them, since the apps on the Poketch were fun and useful, I'd be satisfied.

Only complaint I had with the new thing during my Star Sapphire play through was the news always being about me. I felt like I was always being chased by law enforcement because they were watching me catch pokemon, buy stuff at the market and what I nicknamed them.

I had an idea for a region in like the Middle East where Pokemon battling is highly illegal and getting caught is a death sentence or something and it takes on a more illegal, underground fighting feel to it and part of the game is dodging law enforcement.
>>
>>25419418
Yeah, touche, sometimes I forget the era we live in. Thinking about it more, it'd just be a really expensive toy, too.
>>
>>25419418
I've been hoping for someone to make a Poketch app for smartwatches.
>>
>>25418020
cant wait to see how they handle this in the D/P remakes
>>
>>25420683
I have a natural aversion to being recorded, so I kind of get it. This is why I haven't touched the contest stage in ORAS, it felt like you where being pushed into the spotlight.

That and not having a choice about what you wear.
>>
>>25418020
The apps were fun, but HGSS's touch screen was fucking beautiful
>>
>>25418020
The best lower screen filler ever. A shame it's not coming back. I'm not counting the worst remakes.
>>
HGSS was the best. You all need to play more Pokemon.
>>
>>25418020
>tfw no square poketch watchface for smart watch.
>>
>>25418020
black and white's bottom screen was worthless.
>>
>>25418094
If you're not a 6/10+ or in a college area then yeah theres probably no point in having it or Bumble. So long as you're not fat or hideous to look at though, you can find some decent girls to match with friendo
>>
>>25418119
Holy fuck, how many years has it been and it still asks if I want to try out wonder trading. Also the 'battery low' pop up.
>>
>>25418020
It was a nice idea, although most of the apps were completely useless. HG/SS and ORAS had better uses. HGSS just had a really nice interface and ORAS had the DexNav and PSS.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.