[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Please evolve me." "...I'm so alone...."
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 024Arbok_RG[1].png (672 KB, 728x808) Image search: [Google]
024Arbok_RG[1].png
672 KB, 728x808
"Please evolve me."

"...I'm so alone...."
>>
>>25417256
arbok fag from yesterday gtfo it wont evolve to a 2 headed snake for no reason
>>
>>25417267
There was an Arbok thread yesterday? Don't look at me, I want it to evolve into like a basilisk, or something.

Its stats are pretty low but it's always been a cool mon.
>>
>>25417288
yeah there was an autist who wanted it to grow another head out of its ass for no reason and give it edge type(dragon) i have nothing against a good fanmade evo but people need to stop adding retarded shit like give everything dark/fairy/dragon and huge power
>>
>>25417256
Actually a mega wouldn't be to bad.
Mega arbok and mega wheezing.
>>
Give it some sorta rattle mallet and an Attack boost and we'll talk.
>>
File: 336Seviper.png (172 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
336Seviper.png
172 KB, 431x431
>>
It should evolve into Dalamadur
>>
>>25417324
Well if Arbok does evolve it probably WOULD be part dragon or dark, or pure poison. Snakes are associated with evildoers and it's already got some black markings on it for dark. For dragon it would be because serpents sometimes had some association with dragons mostly is western european mythologies.

I'm not a fan of Pokémon with multiple heads though. And I don't think it should be dragon unless it actually has a reason for it other than because "it's a huge snake".
>>
File: TheBasilisk.jpg (168 KB, 800x819) Image search: [Google]
TheBasilisk.jpg
168 KB, 800x819
>>25417373
here's your poison dragon justification.
>>
>>25417256
Do NOT mess with perfection (design wise)
>>
>>25417412
The basilisk in CoS was weird in the movie.

Also yeah that's a prime example of dragons being associated with snakes. "Draco" Malfoy is called that because he's in Slytherin.
>>
>>25417373
It's in the Dragon egg group like Sceptile, so it could gain Dragon typing.
>>
>>25417412
>when you realise how bad HP's CGI aged
>>
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 1100x1305) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 1100x1305
>>25417534
Actually I think at least parts of it were filmed with a real animatronic head. I remember that because I think it was remodeled and reused for the head of the Horntail in GoF.

I don't even want to know what horrible ritual you would have to do to get Arbok to evolve into a basilisk. *shudders*
>>
>>25417610
it was an animatronic head when it was rocking back and forth trying to bite harry on the statue.
thats why it looked so stiff there.

level up at night while arbok is in party slot 1, politoad in slot 2, and a torchic egg in slot 3
>>
>>25417639
Yeah sounds about right. Also;

Snake - Ekans

Cobra - Arbok

Basilisk - Kilisab?

Sounds a bit lame compared to the other two.
>>
>>25417700

Ardyh
Multiple heads Poison/Dragon
>>
>>25417700
yeah a lote of the snake backwards things sound lame or are unpronounceable

repiv
tnepres
abmam
>>
>>25417765

Naidihpo?
>>
>>25417256
Snek is good as it is. Leave it alone.
>>
File: uwHuw7c[1].png (10 KB, 497x356) Image search: [Google]
uwHuw7c[1].png
10 KB, 497x356
Oh, okay! So names aside, I found out a way to know a hypothetical Arbok evolution's stats. Bare with me, this is the most autistic thing I've done all week.

So Ekans and Arbok's stats follow a formula:

Ekans
35/60/44/40/54/55 BST--288

Arbok
60/85/69/65/79/80 BST--438

They're exactly the same in relation to each other between evolution. In other words, all of Ekan's stats go up by exactly 25 points when it evolves in Arbok.

Therefore, IF it were to evolve while also following the same formula, we just have to keep adding points until we reach a base stat total we're happy with. I came up with pic related.

Personally I would prefer it if they broke this formula, because these stats are kinda sucky, but if they did that that's what it might be.
>>
>>25418510
If nothing else, an evolution like that would make Eviolite Coil Arbok somewhat good.
>>
>>25417256
A snake is only ever going to be so strong, m80.
Realistically stuff like Cobras, Bulls and ducks being represented as not the strongest makes sense and it would completely ruin the designs by randomly evolving them into mythical creatures just because the design is cool (which would actually infringe on the design altogether).

A mega with a cool ability that gave it some usage and didn't compromise it being a cobra would be cool, arbitrarily turning it into something else to justify boosting it's stats just for the sake of it is fucking stupid, it's not going to happen.
>>
Teebeeatche I don't even want Arbok to evolve, it's at the pinnacle of pokemon aesthetics. I'd really just rather Arbok's BSTs get pumped up. Attack, speed, and SpDef mainly.

>>25420588
>realism
>in pokemon
>at all
kys my good man
>>
>>25421344
>competent design
>not in Pokemon
Learn to read, mate. Pokemon designs are done meticulously, the only complaint that can be made about any of them is preference (which is redundant). Unless there is some insane, Cobra folklore that is cool enough to work with but not quite cool enough to merit it's own line, then there is no justification for messing with Arbok ever.
>>
>>25417324
Poison/ground sounds more reasonable to me... and a lot cooler. Give it lots o' speed and infiltrator.

Enjoy your offensive options.
>>
File: 8023-Mega-Arbok-Black.png (321 KB, 800x647) Image search: [Google]
8023-Mega-Arbok-Black.png
321 KB, 800x647
>Tenehem
>Poison
>558 BST (+20 per stat)
>Intimidate/Multiscale
>HA: Strong Jaw

Added moves for moveset:
Body Slam
Dragon Rush
Fake Out
Headbutt
Steamroller
Pain Split
Taunt

Named after an Egyptian snake god known as "the coiled one". Should be able to take on a more defensive role using its bigger bulk and two main abilities, with Strong Jaw supplementing it.

I considered Sheer Force or Guts for better spread of attacking options, but they don't fit as well as Strong Jaw.

Also, I initially wanted to focus more on a snake's burrowing and make it a Poison/Ground with STAB on EQ and potentially Arena Trap as an ability, because I like the image of it coiling around a foe and refusing to let it escape, but Arena Trap is a super dickish ability that needs to be applied carefully, and giving it a Ground typing gives it a weakness to Water and Ice as well as losing the Grass resist, in exchange for Electric immunity and STAB. Not sure it's worth it.

>pic related is only vaguely good-looking Arbok evo/mega art I could find.
>>
>>25423026
>Tenehem
mehenet? wtf is mehenet??
>>
>>25422977
>Arbok won't get a poison/ground mega or evo
>Sandslash won't get a ground/poison mega or evo
>they will never be perfect counterparts
>>
File: cci20130717-2.jpg (582 KB, 1585x596) Image search: [Google]
cci20130717-2.jpg
582 KB, 1585x596
>>25423061
>>25423061

>Named after an Egyptian snake god known as "the coiled one"

From cobra you don't want to arbitrarily swap to another species of snake so i went with an Egyptian cobra god.
>>
>>25423026
I love this and I love that design

but something that edgy should also be part Dark desu

Arbok and Weezing getting Poison/Dark evos is what I want to see most. Especially if Weezing kept Levitate.
>>
File: tumblr_nmx5ybassu1savqpuo1_1280.jpg (144 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmx5ybassu1savqpuo1_1280.jpg
144 KB, 1280x1280
An evolution named Adnocana with an ability that makes trapping moves deal more damage each turn (similar to Toxic.) Or make that the mega.
>>
>>25418482
Maybe the design is. Those stats are not good at all, they're bad for some 1st stage mons. Either they need to give it a little bit of a rebalance like they did for the Nidos but something like +20s in a couple stats, probably attack and speed
>>
>>25421506
>>25420588
>Realistically stuff like Cobras, Bulls and ducks being represented as not the strongest makes sense and it would completely ruin the designs by randomly evolving them into mythical creatures just because the design is cool (which would actually infringe on the design altogether).
What are you saying? There are so many legendary deer/horse pokemon that aren't based on actual legends with crazy good stats and they're just fancy animals. You have stuff like Heracross and Pinsir which are just bugs that have far better stats than Arbok and other pokemon based on real animals. I'm seriously confused that you think something needs to have a crazy good mythical design to have good stats. Some pokemon just have good stats you fucking autist, giving Arbok another evolution which keeps it as just a snake but gives it some not absolutely terrible stats doesn't break the designs or whatever the fuck you're going on about by power creep, it's not like it has to go from 438 to 600, just 438 to something like 500 which is in line with most of the average pokemon of recent gens. It's not about taking an average mon into something really really good, it's about taking a steaming pile of shit and making it average
>>
>>25417324
Pokemon regularly grow extra heads when they evolve. This is just a fact.

Since you refused to accept artificial pokemon, I present to you a list of nonartificial pokemon who pulled extra heads out of their asses.

Dugtrio, Dodrio, Vanilluxe, Hydreigon, Barbarcle.
>>
>>25423026
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES!
>>
>tfw people in this thread are doing the Pokemon Companies work, just better, and it's probably not going to happen anyway
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.