[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regardless of which starters are going to be the first you get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: Johto Starter.png (272 KB, 600x554) Image search: [Google]
Johto Starter.png
272 KB, 600x554
Regardless of which starters are going to be the first you get in S/M, you're going to be gifted one of these, right?

Are they guaranteed megas?
>>
>>25415509
No, but Charizard will get two more.
>>
>>25415520
This will be AWESOME!!

I want a mega Feraligator, though
>>
>>25415509
Mega Meganium
Types: Grass/Fairy
Ability: Automatic Fairy Terrain

Mega Typhlosion
Types: Fire/Ground
Ability: Drought or Fire Flash

Mega Feraligator
Type: Water
Ability: Tough Claws or Strong Jaw
>>
Is there any kind of source on this?
>>
>>25415509
That's been my inclination to believe ever since oras came out. I thought whatever followed, be it z, or gen 7, you would get the kanto-treatment for the johto starters since when else are you going to do it except in 10 more years for the gsc re-remakes?

>Inb4 they never give the johto starters a mega
>>
>>25415520
>charizard gets 3 more megas
>charizard 1 is fire/ground and volcanic themed
>charizard 2 is fire/grass and has a huge plant around its neck
>charizard 3 loses it wings and becomes more like an alligator, it turns fire/water with strong jaw

look into your hearts people, you know its happening
>>
>>25415520
Mega charizard-S and mega charizard-M when?
>>
>>25415509
>Are they guaranteed megas
They sure as hell need one because they are pure shit without
>>
>>25415555
it's speculation of course, but I think it's a safe guess since XY gave you the gen 1 starters

it's been a long time since the Johto starters have, or will be, the main starters of a game and with them not having megas I think it's fair to say that will probably happen this gen
>>
>>25415509
Only Feraligatr would be worth having a mega form of

The other two suck
>>
>>25415574
>charizard R has it becoming serpentlike with a gigantic shootable firetail shaped like a projectile Fire/dragon but pecial based
>Charizard S is fire/fighting and gets speed boost. it gets aviatory looks
>Charizard E has it become aquatic with swift swim and hellofalot more bulky
>>
>>25415553
I love that fairy is the go-to subtype for Mega Meganium because we all know it makes too much sense.
>>
>>25416060
>mfw Meganium is going to have Fairy moveset and it's going to be viable at last
I would cry joy tears.
>>
>>25416140
Kinda worried though, since it doesn't learn any fairy moves at all right now. With Altaria and Audino they foreshadowed them getting fairy megas since they learned some fairy moves in XY. I'll be really sad if it doesn't happen
>>
>>25416171
Movements are amongst the things Game Freak do retcon.
I have a glimmer of hope, since Meganium is my favourite mon.
>>
>>25416140
>>25416171
>>25416207
mega-meganium is going to be pure grass type
>>
>>25416240
Don't kill my hopes, anon.
Please.
>>
>>25415509
We should of gotten gen 2 before gen 3
>>
>>25415509
Absolutely. They'll finally get the second types they deserve.
Unfortunately Ho-oh and Lugia are pretty likely to get Megas too
>Lugia now has giant human hands
>Ho-oh gets spikes
>>
>>25416305
Gen 3 only got megas because of the Hoenn remakes. Since gen 2 remakes were made before megas became a thing and gen 1 got them for pandering, it could be a while before gen 2 gets megas
>>
>>25415553
>solid Water
I'm so glad someone isn't shoving a second type onto every fucking Pokémon that doesn't need it.
>>
>>25415520
>not Lucario
>>
Giganium will be best looking, guaranteed.
>>
>>25416140
>wanting a 4× poison weakness.
>>
>>25415555
>Is there any kind of source on this?

G/S gave a us a day/night cycle, and introduced weather moves like sunny day.

Espeon and Umbreon were given an evolution based on that day/night cycle. Espeon is literally a Sun Pokemon.

Sun & Moon is the second 3D title, having it loosely mirror G/S the way X/Y mirrors R/B just makes too much sense.

I'm not saying everything will line up, but it's got plenty circumstantial evidence.
>>
>>25415520
They can't keep pandering to Genwunners and Hoennbabbies forever. The Johto starters are the next in line for shilling.
>>
>>25415553
Feraligator will be water/steel or water/electric
>>
>>25417308
>Water/Electric
>>
>>25417308
>Feraligator will be water/steel or water/electric
>water/steel
>water/electric
>water/electric
>water/electric
>water/steel
>water/electric

what
>>
>>25417683
wATER/STEEL MAKES SENSE BECAUSE OF ITS STRONG JAW.
>>
>>25417748
yeah no
>>
>Mega^2nium's flower growing even more
Shit's gonna look fab af
>>
>>25415753
Typhlosion is a beast in triple battles.
>>
>>25415553
>Mega meganium
>not flower veil
baka desu senpai
It'd make meganium actually unique and a little good
also
>>25417748
>mega feraligatr
>STEEL OR ELECTRIC
The only dual type that would work for gatr is dark, since that goes with all of the main biting moves/strong jaw. That said, pure water gatr is great too since it helps with bulk, and water/dark gatr would literally just be a worse gyarados.
I hope gatr's mega makes it actually more than just an inferior gyarados that gets sword dance, desu
>>
>>25418018
How about water/fairy/
>>
>>25418073
I think Water/Grass fits it better.
>>
File: 1453148937344.jpg (137 KB, 1057x595) Image search: [Google]
1453148937344.jpg
137 KB, 1057x595
>>25415553
>>25416810
> Type: Water
My fucking ass. It's going to be Water/Dark. Even steel makes sense.
>>
>>25418073
>water/fairy
>giant intimidating alligator with no "cute" about it
0/10 see me after class
>>25418092
>water/grass
Why?
>>
>>25418018
>>25417748
>>25417683
>>25417308
If they all get secondary typings in the first place (and I damn sure hope they'll do) they'll damn sure add Fairy to Meganium. And like it or not, either Typhlosion OR Feraligatr will probably get a dragon typing. So as I see it, it'll be pretty much this:

Meganium Grass/Fairy
Typhlosion Fire/Ground(Dragon)
Feraligatr Water/Dragon(Dark)
>>
>Feraligatr
>Gets Dragon Dance
>Gets Dragon Claw
>Gets Dragon Tail
>Gets Dragon Pulse
>Gets Outrage
>Still you retards keep giving it bullshit typings instead of the obvious Water/Dragon
>>
>>25415509
I'd say yes
not that I'm specially thrilled about it, but it looks like a logical next step
>>
>>25418148
>>25418156
>water/dragon feraligatr
I'm actually okay with this, for once. Gatr is actually a reptile so it kind of makes sense.
I hope we get a fire/ground or fire/rock mega typhlosion with mold breaker, eruption, earth power, and some new lava-based special rock move. I want both of my bros to become good.
>>
Typhlosion's awesome guys

They just ruined his 3D render by circumcising is idle animation
>>
>>25418219
>le earth power meme
Stop
>>
>>25415509
yeah most likely, just look at meganium she looks like a Hawaiian pokemon.
>>
>>25415509
If they do, I hope they fix Feraligatr's design. He hasn't looked good since Gen II.
>>
Mega Typhlosion just needs to capitalize on Eruption. Like, give him Drought or something, automatic 50% boost, and maximize Speed/SpA stat distribution
>>
>>25418108
Megas were a mistake.
>>
>>25420451
he looks decent, I think the biggest issue is his awkward looking arms.
>>
>>25417197
>They can't keep pandering to Genwunners forever
Prepare to be horribly disappointed
>>
>>25417748
By that logic I'm Fire/Steel because of my firey charisma and strong cock
>>
>>25415509
I only wish mega Feraligator will look fucking amazing. He was the charizard of Johto, everyone was picking him.
>>
>>25415753
No; all three of them are pretty garbage-tier, considering in-game Gatr won's have Sheer Force.

Next to the Unova starters [Serperior and Emboar are outright outclassed by Darmintan and Lilligant; Samuwott is only good because B/W has a massive drought of water-types.]; the Jhoto starters are the worst.

And if it wasn't for sheer force Gatr all of the Unova starters would be garbage tier competitively too.
>>
>>25421379
>considering in-game Gatr won's have Sheer Force
how fucking dumb are you? They released HA Johto starters years ago.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.