[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay guys, first time ever on this board so sorry if this questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: latest[1].png (900 KB, 1185x1215) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
900 KB, 1185x1215
Okay guys, first time ever on this board so sorry if this questions out of order or commonly asked. I've literally never ever played a pokemon game before, but if I want to, which game should I start with?
>>
>>25414749
ORAS because it's current or get a Gen 1 from the eshop for $10 if you just want to test the waters.
>>
pokemon pinball for the GBC
>>
>>25414749
Fire Red
>>
Do you have a 3DS? If so, OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire because they're the current ones

If you were gonna emulate one or have an old DS or something go with Black or White
>>
Gen 1 game from the Eshop. Old but gold.
>>
Red/Blue, basically the first game are good, a bit hard though
>>
>>25414772
>>25414819
>>25414832
Is this a new meme?
>>
Firered/Leafgreen are remakes of the first games so you can't really go wrong with starting with that, but from a purely quality perspective I would recommend Platinum or Black/White 2
>>
>>25414837
No, it's an honest answer.
>>
>>25414749
Don't listen to all these idiots suggesting you play Red/Blue. They are glitchy as fuck, the sprites are terrible, and the games are not a very good representation of what pokemon is like today. I would probably suggest you play Heart Gold/Soul Silver because it feels like classic pokemon but with all the glitches removed and improved features (like physical/special split, abilities, etc.).
>>
>>25414851
>HG/SS have no glitches
>Has never heard of the acid rain glitch
>>
>>25414846
Gen 1 is objectively bad though. It's bugged to the point even type match ups don't work properly. The sprites are ugly, and Pokémon's movepools are too shallow without using TMs.
>>
Play the most current game u can. Acces to a 3DS? Play ORAS or XY. Acces to a DS/able to emulate one? Play bw2 or Platinum. Only acces to GBA? Emerald or FRLG.
>>
>>25414858
I never said it hs no glitches, I just said it had all the old glitches removed. Also I don't know what the acid rain glitch is, please enlighten me
>>
>>25414860
>suggesting someone play BW2 before BW
Yeah, no.
>>
My favorite is Heart Gold and Soul Silver, they are remakes of classics. Most of the remakes are pretty good since they are brought up to modern times. Don't play Red/Blue.

Fire Red/Leaf Green (pretty much the same game don't stress on which one to get, remakes of the first games)
Heart Gold/ Soul Silver (Remakes of my favorite generation, 2, you will see a lot of classic pokemon here from generation I too)
I think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are pretty good too and the most recent and modern and has the most lively wifi and trading scene.

Unless you are a huge retro gamer or very patient and forgiving of bugs and balance, don't go for Red/Blue.
>>
>>25414861
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Acid_rain
>>
>>25414858
that glitch will never even occur during the game
>>
>>25414869
BW is a waste of time when you can play BW2
>>
>>25414861
You cannot remove what wasn't there, since HG/SS are running on a completely different engine. So saying the glitches were "removed" suggested they were in an earlier iteration of the same engine (they were not)
>>
>>25414887
I've had it happen to me before I knew what was going on.
>>
FR/LG > SS/HG > OR/AS > Platinum > B/W > B/W2 > X/Y

there's literally no reason to play anything before the GBA games
>>
>>25414895
If you play BW2 first there are references to BW you won't understand
>>
>>25414905
I'm pretty sure it's a multiplayer specific glitch as it was dependant on the user of Pursuit being the host of a game

if not, I can't see it ever happening since the AI never switches
>>
>>25414895
Don't listen to this motherfucking faggot, B/W had the best story of all the Pokemon games. Don't play B/W if you want to see much of old Pokemon as well, B/W has 156 new Pokemon and you won't see any Pokemon before Gen V until you've cleared the game once.

>>25414918
Ignore Gen 4. Gen 4 has the slowest, most tedious battles and EXP progression curve of all the Pokemon games, shortly followed by Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, which you should skip completely and play the Remakes (ORAS) instead. For Gen 1 play FireRed and LeafGreen, and for Gen2 play HeartGold and SoulSilver.
>>
>>25414922
>>25414934
>muh story
it's Pokemon, who cares?

BW2 has infinitely better gameplay and content than BW1 in all aspects, it's a much better representation of gen 5, BW1 can be played later if they the player is interested in more unova
>>
>>25414959
>not biased at all
shockingly some people do care about the story
>>
>>25414749
Platinum
>>
>>25415275
3rd worst Pokemon game (after Diamond and Pearl), stay away from Gen4 "Main" games like a plague. Also features the worst Rival. Only play if you want to chose a female, since Gen4 has one of the best female protagonist designs.

The Gen2 Remakes (which are also Gen 4) are pretty rad, though.
>>
>>25414859
>even type match ups don't work properly.
e.g?
>>
File: Hard Working Honest Man.png (210 KB, 508x500) Image search: [Google]
Hard Working Honest Man.png
210 KB, 508x500
FRLG for the best Kanto Expirience, play the original gen 1 games if you really get into it.

HGSS for the best Johto

Emerald For Hoenn, I know ORAS exists but emerald is just better, get it if you want the most current game.

Platinum for Sinnoh

BW2 for Unova

Kalos only has XY

My personal recommendation would be to Play Emerald, Platinum and BW2, they can be emulated
>>
>>25415309
>Platinum is bad
Honestly, kill yourself
>>
>>25414859
The type matchups work properly it's message displayed that is inaccurate you fucking anti-genwunner parrot.
>>
>>25414859
alll that is true, but that doesnt make it a bad starting point to try it out.

nevertheless I'd recommmend starting with firered
>>
One of the third-gen games. Doesn't matter which.
>>
>>25415745
>Its not one stupid as fuck glitch
>Its this other stupid as fuck glitch
>>
>>25416322
well, one actually affects gameplay, the other is purely aesthetic
>>
>>25415309
>Platinum
>Bad
Chose one
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.