[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm starting a Lovecraft inspired team and was looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: realistic-poliwhirl.jpg (328 KB, 1989x1671) Image search: [Google]
realistic-poliwhirl.jpg
328 KB, 1989x1671
So I'm starting a Lovecraft inspired team and was looking for thoughts and suggestions. Ideas so far, pic related for frogman. Malmar, Octillary, Tangrowth, Omastar (cause tenticals).
Other Ideas?
Other theme teams?
>Hard mode no monotype teams.
>>
>>25410164
A cat pokémon named Niggerman.
>>
Also, you're focusing way too much on the tentacles.
>>
>>25410164
Ditto is basically Nyarlathothep. Gogoat can be shub nigurath
>>
deoxys, only because he's from space/shapeshifts/tentacles i guess. vaguely lovecraftian.
>>
Arbok for the Snake-Men and Mankey on the Tcho-Tcho.Maybe Kadabra or other human-like 'mons for the cultists.
>>
>>25410164
>no tentacruel
>>
>>25410313
Was the Snake-men a Lovecraft creation, though?
>>
You've got got it wrong if you think it's just about the tentacles.

You need to be aiming for the Pokemon that are just wrong. The ones that don't comply with what humans consider "sane" and "real".

>The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
>>
>>25410393
So Mr Mime, then?
>>
>>25410205
tentacles are too easy
>>25410220
that sounds good, just not sure how fun a ditto play is gonna be. Have you done it?

>>25410283
If only I had a deoxys

>>25410313
I like Arbok

>>25410322
Too many water poison options for him. ( I also might have secret hatred of him)
>>
I nicknamed my Seismitoad Gol-Gorath in XY.

Watchog for Brown Jenkin?
Spiritomb for Shoggoth or Yibb-Tssl?
Gastrodon for Glakki?
Any snake for Yig.
Ditto for a Formless Spawn?

Just a few non-Cthulhu inspired ideas.
>>
>>25410333
There was the implication of snake-men in The Forgotten City, I believe, but I don't think he established much about them.
>>
>>25410192
Kek'd

All joking aside, Lovecraft loved cats, the Cats of Ulthar is my favorite of his stories. I'd recommend at least one cat Poke, probably a Persian or a Liepard.
>>
>>25410449
Niggerman is a big plot device in The Rats in the Wall.
>>
>>25410333
>>25410426
They weren't created by Lovecraft,but were later adapted as part of the mythos by other authors.Just like the Tcho-Tcho.
>>
>no giratina when he's literally an eldritch elder god
>>
>>25410462
>>25410449
It was also the name of his cat growing up.

It was a black cat.
>>
>>25411225
It was his uncle's or something, right?

Some kind of rodent would probably be a good idea, due to Brown Jenkin and The Rats in the Wall.
>>
>>25411714
This.
Get rid of all the "lol tentacles" and use some clever references. I like the ones posted so far.
>>
Scizor is vaguely reminiscencent of a Mi-Go, because wings and claws. Maybe Clawitzer?
>>
>>25411766
Digglet could be a Cthonian? It burrows and could be worm-like underground, we don't know
>>
>>25411782
Cthonians aren't Lovecraft creations either.
>>
File: slowthulu_by_darksilvania.jpg (164 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
slowthulu_by_darksilvania.jpg
164 KB, 600x816
>>
Groudon or Kyogre would be ideal

Ancient pokemon, sealed away deep under the Earth and can potentially destroy the world just by waking up
>>
>>25411817
How would you feel if this was Mega-Slowking?
>>
Muk for The Colour From Outer Space.
>>
File: Dhole2.jpg (263 KB, 1412x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dhole2.jpg
263 KB, 1412x1600
Steelix could work for a Dhole.
>>
>>25410164

There has to be Spiritomb somewhere in there. It's the closest thing to an eldritch abomination in Pokemon.

I guess Liepard for the Niggerman thing. Empoleon for the large albino penguins in At the Mountains of Madness. Cofagrigus, Tentacruel to represent Cthulu. M-Houndoom (The Hounds).
>>
>>25410430

>>25410430

The Forgotten City actually has more establishment than most of his other stories. He goes through those rooms that depict the entire history of the race of aliens, and he even sees a few statues showing their general shape, and it's described in a lot of detail.

I wanna recommend considering Klefki because of the Silver Key story.
>>
>>25411801
Cthonians appear in his works. That's lovecraftian enough for me.
>>
>>25412112
How? They were invented after his death.
By the same idiot who invented Cthuluh's good twin brother.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.