[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
7th Gen Hype Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
Let's have a honest to good hype thread. Post your hopes and dreams for the future core games. What type of Pokemon do you want? New features/mechanics? Anything that'll make you excited till the launch later this year.
>>
>>25409472
i just want minimum 130 new pokemon in all-new family lines with their own counterparts to our old archetypes but with different abilities and stat spreads

and maybe 20 evos to old mons
>>
>>25409472
A Psuedo Steel/Dragon that has kick-ass design. That'd be my first desire.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 800x524
>>25409472
I want to see some starter silhouettes so we can get some ridiculous artwork and speculation on deviantart
>>
It'll have 150+ new mons, ala Gen V
>>
>>25409472
At least 4-7 cross gen evos. Or is that too much?
>>
>>25409549
In retrospect, Gen IV introduced 29 cross evos, so I don't think it'd hurt.
>>
I just want 130 new pokémon in all-new family lines with their own counterparts to our old Pokémons but with different abilities and stats spreads
>>
I want more Gender counterparts
>>
>>25409486
>>25409598
We got you senpai
>>
>>25409472
I don't care much about new Pokemon, so it won't bother me whether we get a lot or none.

What I'm really hyped about is the region. I know this is impossible, but I would be so fucking excited if we got to travel to other regions. I wouldn't mind if it was just Kanto (because of the anniversary), though it'd be so cool if we could visit Johto as well.
>>
File: 1444855143420.jpg (134 KB, 530x591) Image search: [Google]
1444855143420.jpg
134 KB, 530x591
I just want dolphin and gazelle pokemon
>>
>>25409640
tbqh It'll most likely be based in Hawaii and have South Kalos as the post game.
>>
if they retconned megas I wouldn't care if they ended up worse than gen 6
>>
>>25409636
wtf >>25409598 wasn't me though

whatever
>>
File: Garyfuckingoak.gif (337 KB, 294x266) Image search: [Google]
Garyfuckingoak.gif
337 KB, 294x266
I have a long list of hopes
>Dark Type Gym
>Better Trainer Proportions
>Following Pokemon
>Soaring in the sky with any Pokemon
>Better customization
>Ability to wear ORAS Contest Costume anywhere
>No hat customization option
>Flygon, Yanmega, and Volcarona get Megas
>Zygarde forms
>Dialogue choices in some form
>Ability to form deeper friendships or possibly more with your friends and rivals
>Dragon/Bug Type
>ORAS Legendary Catching with a twist: You go to the Legendary Mon's lair 3D DISTORTION WORLD
>Better living world
>Deeper story and characters
>Better NPC Dialogue
>Battle Frontier
>Safari Zone
>Delta Episode type thing but with Zygarde
>Battle old Player Characters and Rivals, and each uses a Legendary or a Mega (Red has Mega Charizard X and/or Mewtwo, Calem and Serena double battle where Calem uses Mega Lucario and Serena uses Mega Absol)
>Atleast 130 New Pokemon, new evolutions included
>Pokeball Customization
>Contest Spectacular
>Sinnoh Tier Victory Road without the need for 7 HMs
>Gen 4 Style Secret Bases
>Better GTS Filter
>Super Training and Amie
May have more later
>>
>>25409719
I just feel like they'll do more than that. I'm probably blinded by hype.
>>
>Less rivals
>Less cringe dialog
>>
>>25409472
What if Mega Evolutions were a gen 6 only thing? Like how we couldn't get any of the X and Y megas in ORAS, what if we can't get any of them in Moon and Sun, nor any new megas? What if we have a new gimmick thing to replace megas?
>>
>megas removed or limited to being triggered by an event, not at the press of a button
>all pokemon (final evos) get their stats reallocated, very few breaking 600, but most beating 550
Make every pokemon competitively viable senpai, i want to Feraligatr
>>
I just want it to be comfy as fuck based Hawai'i with a lot of game play so I can lose my self in the music the moment you better never let it go
>>
File: 38pm7xlxP1qhaj56o1_1280.png (458 KB, 737x563) Image search: [Google]
38pm7xlxP1qhaj56o1_1280.png
458 KB, 737x563
>>25410074
>>
>>25410097
This would be ideal.
I would be fine with megas if they stopped giving them to pokemon that are already popular and powerful. The concept could be used so much better. Unfortunately, even if they started using them to make bad pokemon usable, you would still be limited to a single bad member on your team.
>>
No music at night, only ambient sounds.
Fewer people are outside at night, only daring adventurers maybe, and the nurses at the pokecenters are shown drinking coffee or something.
>>
>>25410170
please let it be something else
>>
I want a Koala Pokemon and something edgy like Bisharp.
I also hope we get 6v6 single battles on battlespot.
And maybe fix the GTS so people can't ask for event only pokemon.
>>
>>25410125
>>25410189
100% these
It would add depth to the overall atmosphere.
>>
>>25409868
>>Sinnoh Tier Victory Road without the need for 7 HMs
no
>>
File: lost in thought.png (120 KB, 202x246) Image search: [Google]
lost in thought.png
120 KB, 202x246
Add at least 100 Pokemon
Bring back trainer customization
Have an actual postgame this, maybe bring back that Battle Frontier you removed from Hoenn
Challenge Mode you can select from the beginning
Better battle music than Gen 6
Inverse Battles being available as an online Battle Mode
No groups of boring ass kissing friends following you all around
Fix the framerate (not likely since we're still on the same console)

You know what, just do the opposite of everything Gen 6 did, and it will at least be a decent Gen
>>
>>25409472
The games are going to be terrible just as they have been for a long time.

That said, anyone else really enjoy the hype, but have no intention of buying the games? It love hearing about all the new Pokemon and joining in the hype, but know the games are going to be poorly designed and stupidly easy as usual.
>>
>>25411955
No, why would I be hyped for something I'm certain will be shit anyways?
>>
No TMs.
At all.
>>
I want another Gen V.
>>
>>25409472
I want
>customization back
>at least two new bros
>more exploration compared to XY
>a better written plot for the evil team if it exists
>good post game
>>
>>25409472
I'm really into this idea of it being the new Johto, with Kalos being revisitable.
I also like the idea of Eevee being the starter, as speculated. It kind of increases replayability, especially if you get to choose a Kalos starter and Johto starter later on (as per that leak).
>>
i want more pokemon that you can customize, like furfrou.

also, at least 100 more pokemon. although gen 6s pokemon were alright, i was disappointed there were just a handful of them
>>
>Bring the Pokedex up to 999 and then leave it at that
>Evolutions for Dunsparce, Farfetch'd etc
>Basically make every pokemon competitively viable
>Walking Pokemon
>No Triple Battle/Sky Battle shit
>More megas
>Two or three regions
>>
>>25409472
I just want me some big & strong fairies: more fantastical otherworldly monsters and less tiny puffballs (not that I don't love them)
>>
After Hall of Fame:
Option to turn on level scaling and set battle format for rebattlable trainers. Fights will award BP instead of money and bag items are disabled while this mode is on
Rotation and Triple for Battle Institute. Why the fuck didn't they do that already
>>
I would like for there to be a "trapping" aspect. Much like on water we can fish and surf I feel there should be certain pokemon you can only encounter by trapping.
You could learn different traps like you acquire different rods.

I'm only posting so I can be told my idea is shit.
>>
>>25409472

it would be really nice if the seasons return

but make it more interesting than in BW

add puzzles like in zelda oracle of seasons
>>
>>25415130
>Bring the Pokedex up to 999 and then leave it at that.

No. keep expanding the Number of Pokémon.
>>
What new type comboes would you like to see in M&S? I'm thinking Poison/Electric, Ghost/Normal or Steel/Poison.
>>
>>25409486
>evos to old lines
I really hope mega evolutions didn't ruin this aspect. Also, won't there not be any additions to existing lines since it's an odd numbered generation?
>>
>>25409472
HOPES:

100+ new pokemon
50+ new mega evolutions
PWT / BF
2 Regions at least
Tournament like Pokemon League
Character customization
Soaring

DREAMS
Mega Glyfon
Mega Milotic
>>
You know what gen 7 needs? No water types besides the starters.
>>
Seeing how things went with Gen VI and the direction it was pointing, I think these are, to some degree, plausible:
>New mons with new and interesting type combinations (Normal/Ghost, etc)
>New mons with existing type combinations that are exclusive to legendaries (Fire/Steel, Fire/Water, whatnot)
>New interesting moves
>Keep and improve DexNav or something similar
>A little rebalance of some game mechanics, mons, moves and RNG
>Make GTS search and filter better, allow you to see the summary of the offered mon (add relearneable moves too and it's "potential") and only keep something visible in there for like a week, so it isn't cloged up by all the kids asking impossible things, or better yet, only allow people to request valid things

And for the unlikely things:
>Heavy rebalance of things to make OP things less OP and shit things at least not completely useless, make every pokemon have at least a little niche or useful quality excusive to it.
>Include a pokemon simulator mode that works effectively as an in-game showdown that you can use to play in local wireless, maybe battlespot
>include "quests" to get rare pokemon
>>
I just want Mega Milotic and some cool legendaries
#justice4megamilotic #buybioniconitunes
>>
>>25410074
what if not
>>
I want a new mechanic where Pokemon can evolve in the middle of a battle, a la later mystery dungeon games and the anime. How fucking badass would it be to evolve on your last legs and sweep a gym leader's team with your newly evolved mon.

Alternatively, the sting when they evolve in battle themselves and kick your ass. I think it would make single player way more exciting.
>>
>>25417049
Why don't we have this yet?
>>
More of the gen 5 hype stuff, with BGM changing and gym leader smack talk in battles. Also Dingdingdingdingdingding..
Also rematches, difficulty, etc.
>>
GIVE ME BACK GEN V EXP SCALING

FUCK CASUAL GEN VI SHITTING OUT EXP FROM THIN AIR.
>>
I'm most looking forward to the Starters.

I still remember waiting for the BW leak when Cory in the House was still relevant.
>>
Return of old style EXP share, even if they just hand it to you right away.

150 new mons in their own evo lines.

No past generation mons until postgame.

Return of apricorns/make some sort of fun berry/apricorn addition.

Memorable soundtrack (gen 6 had like, one good track), I mean good shit like National Park, Virbank, etc.

One actual rival, one friend.

Character customization, but more clothes for guys ffs

raise the BST of most shitmons so they actually see use
>>
>STILL thinking it's gen 7
>>
>>25410170
They won't do it. They know we wouldn't buy the game if we heard this shit was true.
They DO know that...
Right?
>>
>>25409868
>Mega Yanmega
>Bug Dragon

Dream with me bruh....
>>
>>25417606
>Virbank
Either I'm ignorant, or you're a dumbass, I don't think anybody remembers Virbank's music
>>
>>25419877
D:

Virbank theme was prime
>>
>you can fuse with your pokemon
>you have to take a pic of you with the 3ds camera and they will make your pokemon literally you
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.