[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the Gen 6.5 fags die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: 3kg.png (594 KB, 1049x488) Image search: [Google]
3kg.png
594 KB, 1049x488
When will the Gen 6.5 fags die?
>>
When no battle compatibility is confirmed (and thus no pentagon) that's when the gen 6.5 fags can be convinced 100% it's gen 7. But until then, we won't stop.

If CoroCoro leaks screenshots and the graphics look exactly the same as ORAS and XY it will just support gen 6.5 fags even further
>>
>>25405714
But when theres new starters the will get blown away
>>
File: leaked.png (66 KB, 213x230) Image search: [Google]
leaked.png
66 KB, 213x230
>>25405701
>>25405714
>>
>>25405750
Not really. We all already know there are new Pokemon. Deciding it just based on starters seems stupidly arbitrary.
>>
>>25405701
Wow, the chocolate rain guy hasn't aged at all.
>>
>>25405750
It was always compatibility that always determined a new generation, not Pokemon.
No Pokemon game has been compatible with the previous game.
>>
its one thing to be that fucking stupid on an anonymous image board

to actually put a name and face to that stupidity, that's something special.
>>
>>25405714

>If CoroCoro leaks screenshots and the graphics look exactly the same as ORAS and XY it will just support gen 6.5 fags even further

By that logic Unova was Gen 4.5
>>
>>25405810
Unova looked NOTHING like gen 4
>>
>>25405810
BW looks nothing like gen 4, especially in battles.
>>
>>25405781
STOP MAKING SHIT UP

I dont care if sun and moon can battle with red and fucking blue, if it has a new generation of pokemon it's exactly that, a new generation of pokemon.

Where did this compatibility meme start? Is it because you have literally nothing else?
>>
>>25405764
Is it possible to Kek and cringe incredibly hard at the same time
>>
>>25405701
Why most pokeyoutubers are niggers ?
>>
>>25405701
Nice work cutting off the date, fuckstick. This video was uploaded 6 days ago, before the titles "Sun and Moon" were even leaked, let alone revealed. I'm all for gen7 and it's what I believe is gonna happen, but you're just trying too hard.
>>
>>25405856
>Where did this compatibility meme start?
About November 21, 1999
>>
>>25405810
You are mondo retarded
>>
File: Screenshot_2030.png (521 KB, 753x535) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2030.png
521 KB, 753x535
>>25405900
Forgot the screenshot.
>>
>>25405856
>Where did this compatibility meme start?

When ORAS introduced mid-gen megas, abilities and moves and yet was still compatible with XY. So why should we consider any other mid-gen shit as a new gen if it's still compatible? Yes, new Pokemon have new dex numbers, but in terms of consequence are they REALLY that different from new megas?
>>
>>25405925
lmao i thought you added rabbit teeth on the kid
>>
A generation is a generation. you can't say its a generation and a half.
>>
>>25405938
Are new fucking pokemon different than new forms?

Are you seriously asking this question right now?
>>
>>25405961
No, I'm asking if new Pokemon are different than new forms that didn't exist in the previous game's data.
>>
File: pokemon4.png (337 KB, 626x458) Image search: [Google]
pokemon4.png
337 KB, 626x458
>>25405701
reminds me of this
>>
I have a question for gen 7 fags:

If we ended up getting Z instead of Sun/Moon, and it had 1 new Pokemon, would you consider it a new gen?
>>
>>25405764
saved ;^)
>>
>>25405819
Right, in gen 5 they got animations in battle.

Stupid.
>>
>>25405961
>Are new fucking pokemon different than new forms?
Are they really any different if they're totally incompatible with the previous game?

The data doesn't exist in the previous game anon.
>>
>>25405900
>actually watching TyranitarTube
>>
>>25406003
And the backsprites are an entirely different style, and the camera is dynamic. Even a complete casual can look at gen 5's battle scene for 2 seconds and realize it's not gen 4
>>
>>25405819

We didn't know that from the initial screenshots when they were revealed numb nuts.
>>
>>25406047
No, actually I remember people guessed the sprites were animated right from the initial screenshots because the poses were different from screenshot to screenshot

and even without the animation you can still tell it's way different
>>
>>25406047
>We didn't know that from the initial screenshots when they were revealed numb nuts.
You mean the initial screen shots that first showed the large differences?
>>
>>25405701
Its gen 7 because why would they restrict is from using pokebank on x y oras with rby also the fact thats a brand new bird pokemon and if it was gen 6 why wouldn't they show us the starters
>>
>>25406021
Yeah, you are right. It looks worse.
>>
>>25405995

That has nothing to do with reality.

What's reality, is that completely undisputed notion of what defines a new era in the history of the Pokémon games is for the first time in 20 years arbitrarily under dispute, in direct denial of all language used by TPC and Nintendo in explaining the significance of the announcement of Pokémon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>25405714
>XY Kid: I'd sure like to battle you SM Bro
>SM Bro: No can do, XY Kid. We're in gen 7 now, you need to buy Sun or Moon to battle me now
>XY: Shucks, I guess I'll have to ask my Mom to buy me one
2 copies have been sold

>SM Bro: Sure thing XY Kid! Game Freak have finally stopped jewing us and made Sun and Moon battle compatible with gen 6!
>XY Kid: Hooray!
1 copy has been sold.

This whole battle compatibility thing makes no sense from a business perspective and goes against the most basic Jew tactic they've been doing since day 1. Everything about this 6.5 shit is built on extreme wishful thinking.
>>
>>25406069
Good job avoiding the question. All you're doing is convincing me that judging purely by new Pokemon is an incredibly sloppy way to differentiate generations.
>>
>>25406073

>extreme wishful thinking.

You know you're fucked when people are actually "wishfully thinking" Gamefreak will shill a slightly enhanced version of XY at them for full price.
>>
>>25406073
That, and with new pokemon, new moves will be made. Its lazy, yeah, but at least they keep the base game updated.
>>
>>25406073
You're forgetting some steps.
>SM Bro: No can do, XY Kid. We're in gen 7 now, you need to buy Sun or Moon to battle me now
>XY: Shucks, I guess I'll have to ask my Mom to buy me one
2 copies have been sold

>SM Bro: Sure thing XY Kid! Game Freak have finally stopped jewing us and made Sun and Moon battle compatible with gen 6 but it sucks that I can't use the new ones
>XY Kid: Aw man let me see the new ones after
>SM Bro: Alright, this one is my fav and this got a mega
>XY Kid: WOAH, I have to get this soon!
2 copies have been sold.
>>
>>25406073
So by your logic they should have made ORAS incompatible too, right?

Using a same/similar engine that's still compatible also benefits Game Freak because they don't need to do as much work upgrading it and focusing on new mechanics and instead they just deliver more of the stuff casuals actually care about: the pokemon and the region.
>>
>>25406084

>Good job avoiding the question.

Well if they made a version of Pokémon with Monster Rancher and Digimon characters in it, would you consider that Gen VII?

See, I can make shit up that has nothing to do with reality and ask you a hypothetical question too.

There is no Pokémon Z, there is no "Gen 6.5", Pokémon Sun and Moon are to X and Y what Black and White were to Diamond and Pearl, its a new generation, a new era of the main series Pokémon RPGs, and I don't know what you think to stand to benefit by arguing otherwise.
>>
>NEW POKEMON #722 MAGIANA REACTION!!!

Why the fuck do people watch this? 10 minutes of this shit what the hell?
>>
>>25406108
>Well if they made a version of Pokémon with Monster Rancher and Digimon characters in it, would you consider that Gen VII?

If the compatibility didn't work? Sure!

There, I answered your question. Now you answer mine. :)
>>
File: gun.png (144 KB, 231x268) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
144 KB, 231x268
>>25406121

> :)

Nope.
>>
>>25406121
The only compatibility confirmed for now its Pokebank. And as i understand, the bank was created as a universal migration app for XY/ORAS, maybe pokemon GO, Sun and Moon, and every future game they will launch.

Until they confirm another forms of linking the new games with the ones we have, S/M will be a new generation for me.

That, and the starters.
>>
>>25405995
No because it would be in Kalos and one new pokemon is hardly going to break the bank
This is what annoys me most, you all say that compatibility is what decides a new gen, but here's the thing, they're releasing new pokemon, probably going to be a fair few too, otherwise what's the point, if there only about 20-30 new pokemon then yeah, i'd say 6.5 but they won't do that, as such i can guarantee that there will be a fair few new pokemon that will be competitively viable, this means that they won't be backwards compatible because who would want to battle with outdated pokemon when we're getting a load of new ones?
As Gamefreak said, they want as much connectivity as they can get, SM will be the perfect reset button for that, no inject mons, all natural, fun battling
>>
Groups of released Pokemon are classified in generations. This will literally be the "7th generation" of new Pokemon, and thus the earliest games in which they are usable will be 7th gen games. But if those games are set in Kalos, they will be "Kalos" games. So you might separate XY and SUMO into 6th and 7th gen, but you can still say SUMO "saved Kalos" if it's functionally a remake.
>>
>>25406304
What if Sumo only has 10 new Pokemon or so?
>>
>>25407420
Then people will shit on it and call it a generation 6 game.
Don't you know how this works yet?
>>
>>25405701
Oh god, the 6.5 fags spilled over to YouTube.
>>
A new gen would have
>at least fifty new Pokémon but no more than a thousand new ones
>a new engine that's incompatible with XY/ORAS altogether
>a different region than the last one, of course, but that's expected of any new mainline game
>all new Gym Leaders, Elite Four, etc.
>>
>>25406009
>Are they really any different if they're totally incompatible with the previous game?
Yes.
>>
>>25408879
How
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.