[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched the 1st episode of season 19 and im now convainced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8
File: 351.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
351.jpg
172 KB, 1024x768
Just watched the 1st episode of season 19 and im now convainced there was a Z game that got scrapped for whatever reason
>>
No, the anime exclusive shit only exists because BW did poorly
>>
>>25404452
How does that even make sense
>>
>>25404452
Gundamgarde got into that one spinoff game and the TCG too. They definitely were planning something.
>>
>>25404586
>>25404158
>They definitely were planning something
>were

They still are retard. XY&Z isn't ending anytime soon and we've still yet to see how it will all come together.

The anime showrunners obviously know something about the future of the games that we don't.
>>
>>25404649
Honestly, this.

Anime is doing weird things recently, especially considering that mythical from 6th gen has to share movie with mythical from 7th gen.
Even patterns aside, this is weird marketing ploy.
They're planning big ruse, I reckon.
>>
>>25404158
Thats not true.

XY from day one hinted at other region coming very soon with backpacker and Strange Souvenir.

What does that mean for Zygarde though?
Are his forms anime exclusive? That sounds retarded even if you hate GF a lot
Will Zygarde play some role in Sun and Moon? Maybe?

If not then that means GF hit a new low and its only going downhill
>>
>>25404649
>XY&Z isn't ending anytime soon
There's still 9 months before Sun and Moon, retard.
>>
A. This is fucking stupid
B. If there ever was a game that got scrapped, it's because people like every chode basket on this board raged on XY like a bunch of spergs
>>
What's the problem? They'll just put everything Z would have had in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>25404762
Considering Zygarde's lore, that would be really hard to do if SM are really on pokéHawaii.
>>
>>25404747
If they cancelled Z, it certainly wasn't because of the dipshits on /vp/. People on /vp/ THINK their opinions are relevant, but in reality this board is just a giant echo chamber.

Just look at all the people who think ORAS were flops. A good majority of people here probably think that EVERYONE thinks that ORAS sucked. But in reality, reviewers liked it, pretty much everyone that played it liked it, etc. Same with the Battle Frontier thing, everyone here thinks it's an outrage it's gone and then assumes everyone else not on /vp/ does too.
>>
>>25404781
Kalos in postgame a la gen 2.
>>
>>25404697
Ho-oh was in the first episode of Pokemon and they still made yellow and took 3 years to make G/S.
>>
>>25404697
Ash greninja is 100% anime exclusive though

And they've done shit like pink pokemon and crystal onix
>>
>>25404798
ORAS was fine
>>
>>25404798
/vp/'s opinion is the contrary of the actual fanbase if anything

Here gen 5 is worshipped and gen 6 is hated while outside it's the exact contrary
>>
>>25404812
>anime exclusive
>it's on the TCG
>it's on Tretta
>it's on Picross
>it's on Shuffle
>100% anime exclusive
>>
>>25404828
>>it's on Shuffle
It is?
When distro?
>>
>>25404812
>Ash greninja is 100% anime exclusive though

Except it's in the TCG so you're 100% wrong
>>
>>25404158
possibly Z will be a third game after sun moon?
>>
>>25404828
If they put that shit anywhere near a mainline game im officially done.
>>
>>25404828
>>25404851
Has there been an ash card in the TCG?

If not what the fuck are they doing, i'd be pissed if I was a TCG fan.
>>
>>25404858
Why don't you like your megaGreninja?
>>
>>25404858
Considering Ash doesn't exist in the game, I think it'd be hard for them to come up with an in-game explanation as to why it's called Ash Greninja. The only one I can think of is:

>"Wow, your bond with Greninja reminds me of another trainer's strong bond with his Greninja!"

And even then, that's kind of a flimsy way to explain the name.
>>
>>25404926
But if it still has Ash hair/hat/jacket then what the fuck are they thinking
>>
>>25404709
>There's still 9 months before Sun and Moon, retard.

Anon, can you please use your brain.

We are 4 months into the new series and we still don't have any answers. If anything, the last subbed episode has only given us more questions regarding Ashninja.

Currently in the anime they are fucking around with one of the core zygarde cells, the next episode will be focusing on the other. 9 months is still far off all things considering. There's a lot more to come before then.

The new series is shrouded in mystery, If you honestly believe that they would promote this without anything to show for it by the end of the year, then I'm sorry, there's no helping your deluded ass.
>>
>>25404812
>And they've done shit like pink pokemon and crystal onix

Those were one episode-only stuff. Zygarde forms are main stars of latest season and there are in side games and TCG
>>
>>25404955
Maybe the default male trainer would wear the same clothes Ash does. Not sure what that would mean for any kind of character customization.
>>
File: Venustoise.png (515 KB, 570x746) Image search: [Google]
Venustoise.png
515 KB, 570x746
>HOLY SHIT GUYS VENUSTOISE WILL APPEAR IN GOLD AND SILVER MARK MY WORDS THE ANIME SAID SO!!!1

just deal with the fact there are anime-exclusive mons, fagèt
>>
>>25405024
Again you're comparing "one-epsiode" shit to stuff that appears in TCG, entire anime series, side games.

Think before you type anon
>>
>>25405006
They arent going to reuse the X and Y trainer design for a new gen

It's mostly the ash hair I have a problem with, it looks ridiculous. If they change that then I don't mind.
>>
>Zygarde is distribution only
>Won't be able to put one in a Dusk Ball
>>
File: zycucke.jpg (116 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
zycucke.jpg
116 KB, 700x700
>>25405050
>muh patterns
>>
>>25405024

What a weak argument, anon. You should show some restraint before you needlessly shitpost without using your head.

There is no comparison between a one off filler episode and a build up of an entire series.

You post like a spoilt child and should consider destroying your smartphone so that you can never post here again.
>>
>>25404697
>Are his forms anime exclusive?
Of course they aren't, the only anime only designs are just simple recolors like the Pink Pokemon.

>>25404926
It'll be related to customization and whatever starter you pick will take the design of your current clothing and hair.
>>
>>25405137
>It'll be related to customization and whatever starter you pick will take the design of your current clothing and hair.
source, my fucking ass
>>
>>25405074
>>25405120
>run out of arguments
>better call him a cuck and shitpost lel
Seeing faggots like you make yourselves look pathetic after losing an argument on the internet makes my dick rock hard. No homo.
>>
>>25405052
You do know you can just go catch it, right?
>>
File: zycucked.jpg (85 KB, 800x347) Image search: [Google]
zycucked.jpg
85 KB, 800x347
>>25405148
i am not the one that lost the argument, i clearly won because zygarde has no game and will never have a game

LOL
>>
>>25405143
I never said it going to happen retard, ever heard of speculation?
In any case that's the only justification you can give as to why Ash-Greninja has Ash's hair and Clothes.
>>
>>25404158
Think about it: the entire Pokemon roster (save for even legendaries and alternate Zygarde formes) were all available in XY and ORAS combined. That, plus the fact that it is so fucking stupid to scrap a mainline Pokemon project because they'll always get a return on investment no matter what, pretty much deconfirms this bit of speculation.
>>
>>25405161
That comic is funny but you are wrong my friend. Zygarde will get its share even if he wont be on the cover
>>
>>25405195
>this is what gen 6.5 fags actually believe
>>
File: tumblr_o2g9xob47s1uqlakko1_1280.jpg (283 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2g9xob47s1uqlakko1_1280.jpg
283 KB, 960x1280
>>25405199
I'll just leave it here
>>
>>25404762

Wouldn't be surprised if they had something like that desu, maybe similar to the Delta episode. I really do hope that happens
>>
>>25405242
You're some seriously deluded person anon, keep it that way
>>
>>25405259
>says i am deluded
>muh gen 6.5 with zycucke
suuure
>>
>>25405161

That pic has no basis on what is being discussed here.

Nobody in this thread has said that Zygarde will be the mascot of the next game, only that the anime is building up to something and that it would be foolish to think that it would all be leading to nothing.

A company doesn't waste time and resources creating something that they can't profit from down the line.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time with such a shitposter as your self. Showing by your past posts it's obvious that you don't have the patience to understand the big picture at work here.
>>
File: 589-thickbox_default.jpg (142 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
589-thickbox_default.jpg
142 KB, 800x800
>>25405230
>only 190HP
Perfect Zygarde confirmed for shit.
>>
>>25405272
Who said gen 6.5 in this thread? You my dear
>>
When will people learn not to reply to a blatant and unoriginal shitposter?
>>
>>25405286
yes it has
>>
>>25405309
this
people keep replying to the gen 6.5 fag that shitposts his opinions and muh zygarde game buacsue the ashnime said so,when we clearly are having gen 7 with new pokemon and new story line as confirmed by various official sources

shitposters need to deal with the fact that zygarde is a no-no
>>
>>25405161
Do you even know what this thread is about?
No one is sad or angry about Zygarde, they're just saying that it's obvious something was originally planned but changed during development given all of the focus on Zygarde in several facets of the series especially that big fat Z on the anime.
>>
>>25405334
look >>25405287
>>
>>25405287
I never was into TCG but 190 HP doesnt sound bad at all to me...
>>
In the new games, customization is gone. Instead, you get a new outfit based on which starter you get. All three Evolved Forms of the starters have only two forms. One based on the Male Trainer, and one based on the female trainer. The gimmick is only active for the Kalos starters and Lucario, but NPCs related to mega evolution react to it as if it is a new direction. It should also be mentioned that these games take place in 'alternate Kalos'

In the anime, it is revealed that Ash's Aura is why Greninja can mega evolve without the use of a stone after he meets with a Lucario trainer with a similar ability.
>>
>>25405338
>No one is sad or angry about Zygarde
yeah because it fucking sucks
thank god gamefreak is literally retconing it out of the game
>>
>>25405309
>When will people learn not to reply to a blatant and unoriginal shitposter?

The majority of this board is currently parroting the same braindead shit.

Hopefully others can reflect on the current state of things without tearing into each other over pure speculation.

I've said my peace despite knowing that it was futile.
>>
>>25405006
Realistically ash greninja hints that you'll be able to dress up your starter in the next games
>>
>>25405368
On the contrary, no one is sad or angry because the chances of it not being in Sun and Moon are extremely low, unless of course they lost all data for generation 6 in some kind of accident.

Anyway, this thread is speculation pertaining to the Z advertisements across the series(Tretta, Anime, TCG etc.) possibly hinting at a change during development.
In all honesty, if the case was that it was scrapped the story for Sun and Moon might just be a slightly altered Z but in a separate region.
>>
>>25405359
It's pretty good, and HP is not necessarily indicative of how game-changing the card is, but considering most EX Megas have over 200HP, Zygundam doesn't look very impressive.
>>
>>25404452
They need time before the next gen and instead of having a shitty island arc after the league, they put in something interesting before the league.
>>
>>25405449

The start of development of the upcoming games was not started last weekend, anon. The current anime is only 4 months in also with a resolution far from sight.

They've had time to prepare. They know what they are doing.
>>
>>25404158
God dam the anime is cancer. I hope these designs never touch a game cart.
>>
>>25405554
Here anon :^) >>25405287
>>
>>25405537
>The start of development of the upcoming games was not started last weekend, anon.
You do know how simple it would be to rework it into a new game right?
>>
>>25404158
>whatever reason
It's obviously because they decided to announce a new gen for the 20th birthday.
Z was planned for a while, and then when the marketting team decided to push "#Pokemon20", they scrapped it and went with Sun and Moon, which were probably already planned anyway.
>>
>>25404649
>>25404675

I agree with this. I think we'll see a 'Z' middle game, still. It may even be a Gen 7 game.

It's not wishful thinking or anything, I couldn't really care if they actually do it or not, but looking at the evidence I'd say there's a very high chance of it. Ever since BW2 I think GF have been getting more keen on the idea of breaking tradition.
>>
>>25405574
>You do know how simple it would be to rework it into a new game right?

Yes but the odds that development for the new game started after the new anime series aired is extremely slim.
>>
It's going to be the mascot for Pokemon Go, just wait until the conference later this month.
>>
>>25405806
That would be pretty cool. Like, in the first GO event you can get a Core, and there are millions of cells spread around the world. Once you gather a certain number of them you slowly change your Zygarde's form.

Too bad it will never happen and GO will only have the first 151 + Lucario.
>>
>>25404926
Because Ash-Greninja isn't its real name anon. We don't call Mega Mewtwo Y Awakened Mewtwo anymore.
>>
>>25405806
That'd actually make sense.
That way they can fit the zygarde cells easily.
Just imagine, Zygarde Cells could be randomly scattered around the world (you obviously wouldn't need all of them to get 100% though, just a large amount), and once you've found enough you'd be able to transfer the "score" to Sun and Moon and have a guy either turn Zygarde into whatever stage he's supposed to become or give it the ability to transform.
>>
>>25404697
I think they came under pressure to churn out a new set of games for the 3DS, and that resulted in the X/Y games. They had some Zygarde ideas and stuff like the Power Plant were half done. They planned on expanding that in the future in a Z or X2Y2 follow-up.

They then moved onto ORAS - a copy/paste of the original. With the 3D models already created, and the maps already laid out from the originals, it was a fairly simple process to make those games.

Then it was time to decide - do they now develop that XY follow-up? Or try something new? With the 20th anniversary down the line, they needed to try something fresh. So Pokemon Sun/Moon was created.

Odd bits of concepts, like the Zygarde formes, were forgotten about. The anime, forced into a corner with an early completion of Kalos, had to create a filler season to get to the end of the year - they take the forgotten Zygarde ideas and make it a viable filler season.
>>
>>25404822
Shows we have a r*ddit infestation quite honestly. If we had true good taste like we should we'd hate both.
>>
>>25406156
>Odd bits of concepts, like the Zygarde formes, were forgotten about. The anime, forced into a corner with an early completion of Kalos, had to create a filler season to get to the end of the year - they take the forgotten Zygarde ideas and make it a viable filler season

Seems you dont know what you're saying if you think XY&Z is a filler season.....

Not to mention Zygarde forms werent forgotten, they JUST announced them
>>
BOY I SURE DID LOVE USING ROYAL GUARD CARBINK IN ORAS
>>
>>25404842
It was added in the files of Mobile in an update. No word on a stage yet. 3DS version also lacks the files as of yet.
>>
>>25406283
Daymn
Gotta hoard dem candies.
>>
>>25406270
BOY I LOVE DEM COPYPASTED COWS I SEE IN MY BARNHOUSE
>>
>>25406270
>a few appearance differences in one movie that were probably just used so kids can tell the difference between the royal guard and the regular carbink equates to a multi episode arc with explicit forme changes that have also appeared in pretty much every Pokemon media except the games

yeah no. Next you're going to use Ritchie's Pikachu as evidence because it has more fur on its head, right?
>>
>>25404649
Didn't they predict one more game for gen Six when they data mined the ORAS demo?
>>
>>25406919
two
that's the whole deal
>>
>>25404697
>tfw we have XY as gen 6
>SM will be gen 7 with a new region
>Z comes out after that and combines both regions from XY and SM
It's an abstract kind of feel
>>
>>25407022
Pokémon X
Pokémon Y
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon
Pokémon Zodiac
>>
>>25405875
It's its canon name in the various spinoffs. Picross specifically says "Ash Greninja".
>>
Has a Pokemon game release ever been pushed back?
>>
>>25405622

>which were probably already planned anyway

Of course they were. For BW, conceptualization began as soon as DP was out. Pokemon designs also started being worked on around the time Platinum was released.

An example of how long Sun and Moon have been in the works is the Strange Souvenir and its owner. XY had just come out, and they'd already had an idea of one of SM's Pokemon, the next champion, one of the cities, and some facility, all of which apparently trump anything in Kalos according to the hiker.
>>
>>25404697
They also hinted that another evil team was around looking for Xerneas and Yveltal.

Gen VII is here, but that doesn't mean the Gen VI stories are over. Zygarde will definitely have a big role in Sun Moon.
>>
>>25405554
A bit late for that m8
>>
There is precedent for an entirely new gen that both continues the story of the previous gen and contains the region of the previous gen with some changes.
With the information that we know currently, the most logical prediction would be that S&M will be a new generation that is a sequel to gen 6. This is not unheard of, and has happened before.
Even if you take that pokedex that's been going around that's been confirmed fake by the guy who created it to be real, that proves nothing. New Pokemon species has ALWAYS been the most reliable and strongest difference that separates generations. The game doesn't need to have grass/fire/water starters or starters that follow the typical pattern. In previous gens when people were speculating over starters, people have suggested alternate trios of flying/rock/fighting and such.
Furthermore: if your argument is that it's not a new generation if it adds a form to Zygarde, that would mean that X&Y are gen 1 because they add TWO forms to mewtwo.
>>
>>25405806
Actually, that would make sense with the way the Zygarde Cells work.
>>
>>25406156
>Odd bits of concepts, like the Zygarde formes, were forgotten about
It's only been a few months since they were announced anon and since then they've been in the anime, Tretta and there's a TCG deck themed around it.
They've hardly been forgotten.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 399x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 399x557
>>25404869
Technically yes
>>
>>25407163
GS was delayed forever
>>
EclipZe
Or eclipse Z
>>
>>25404158
I hope this awful form stays anime only.
Zygarde is perfect the way he is.
>>
File: 1393825085036.png (270 KB, 716x365) Image search: [Google]
1393825085036.png
270 KB, 716x365
When will we get ZapMolCuno?
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.