[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright lemme tell you why arbok is fucking based >get red
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: 024.png (194 KB, 508x273) Image search: [Google]
024.png
194 KB, 508x273
alright lemme tell you why arbok is fucking based

>get red off vc since I've never had it
>want to do a run with mostly shitmons to make it interesting
>get to cerulean city, want to pick something up
>ekans happens
>never used it, looks dope
>discover how fucking good wrap is
>slightly above average speed
>start cheesing out rival with wrap shenanigans, loving every minute
>enter bite
>now have wrap and flinching
>fast-forward to s.s.anne
>still annihilating everything
>oh shit, level 22
>arbok is here
>later on, starting to lose some steam
>enter glare
>paraflinchwrap absolutely dominating
>beat koga, get toxic
>perfection
>now have poison, flinch, paralyze, and wrap all on same mon
>end up rampaging through the rest of the game with new bro

arbok is best bro for life now
>>
Damn, we've had exactly the same experience with arbok
>>
>>25397687
Arbok is fucking based anon
10/10 taste
>>
such a great looking mon too
>>
I tried to use Arbok in SS.
It was almost immediate dead weight, but I stuck it out and beat the E4 with it on my team.
3/10 would not recommend.
>>
I didn't realize this, but does wrap and poison work together? like do i get damage from poison every time wrap hits in a turn?
>>
>>25397687
>glare AND toxic
fuck off
>>
I just wish it had more to it. I do like how many "creepy face" moves it has.
>>
mega arbok confirned for nex gen, Poison/Dragon and massive boost in attack and speed and new dragon egg moves, still with intimidate dont tell anyone
>>
>>25398495
The fuck is with giving dragon to everyone? Do you guys actually support this idea?

Fuck, man. There's too many fucking dragons now. Dragon typing was supposed to be a reward for catching a rare pokemon, that's why it had all those resistances and fuckall weaknesses.
>>
>Rapidash
>Crit fire Spins
>5 Turns of fucking crits
>Flinching crit Stomps
>The fucking trains never stops and neither does my dick
>>
>>25398527
That was because before it got nerfed with Fairies though.
>>
>>25398633
Sure. But the necessity of nerfing them with fairies was because they kept printing more and more dragon types. It is weird. Makes them way less special.
>>
>>25398425
Yes, i strongly advocate toxic/wrap, while fags argue agility or t-wave/wrap
>>
>>25398718
Eh twave/wrap is pretty nice desu

>weak ass dratini
>twave enemy
>now he's slower
>wrap it to death

Arbok is a bro tho. I'm glad more people are seeing it.
>>
Gen 1 Poison types are general S tier.

>Arbok
>Weezing
>Gengar
>Muk
>Butterfree for early Brock/Misty
>Nido-line
>Golbat only because he later gets to be Crobat
>Tentacruel

Dead weight tier:

>Beedrill
>Victreebel
>Venomoth (which sucks, because venonat is cool as fuck)
>Bulbasaur
>>
File: 1306993810924.jpg (26 KB, 480x342) Image search: [Google]
1306993810924.jpg
26 KB, 480x342
>>25400337
>Victreebel is dead weight
>Butterfree is Poison type

Post discarded, it started so well too
>>
>>25400368
Oh whoops, was looking at the Gen 1 list to remind myself of all the poison types, and read weedles as butterfrees entry without thinking about it.

Good thing too, because Butterfree is the least S tier one on that list.
>>
>>25400368
Victreebel is dead weight though.
>>
Arbok is a sexy fucker
>>
>>25400408
Not in Gen II.
>>
File: 1437232948447.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1437232948447.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>25400337
>Gen 1 poison types
>Victreebel in dead weight tier
>>
>>25400408
It's a better Venusaur than Venusaur.
>>
>>25400408
>razor leaf toxic Leech seed Wrap
not its not
>>
Isn't the gen 1 toxic broken, as in its just regular poison?
>>
>>25402421
toxic and leech seed stacked
>>
>>25402434
What are you saying?
I understand there great together but does toxic grow stronger each turn?
>>
is beedrill really that bad? I mean he's fast, gets the only good attacking bug move in the 1st gen, and gives you fully evolved stats early on which help him grow stronger faster. if you level him up appropriately is he really dead weight

>tfw up to mt moon, dont want to abandon spike
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>25402816
Egoraptor pls leave
>>
>>25402953
dont insult me with that kind of shit, that unfunny fucker is the reason god tier jontron game grumps failed. also, as an animator, that was like a digital kick in the gut

now explain to me why wanting beedrill = worst yet somehow most successful internet cartoonist
>>
>>25402410
It doesn't get leech seed.

Victreebel can wrap+toxic, Venus ayr can toxiseed. Which both run off the same counter, so you're getting lodse health every turn. Chuck on razor leaf and earthquake or mega drain and double edge and it's a rape machine.

I don't usually use legendaries but fire spin/blast/agility and fly on moltres in gid tier. Can use it on ghosts too. Cloyster can clamp with the best of them too, add 90 accuracy blizzard in to the mix and whoo boy.
>>
>>25402997
They had a FireRed series, they had a Beedrill, Arin insisted on using it far past it's expiration date
>>
>>25402997
In their godawful fire red gameplay, they refuse to remove be drill from their team even though it sucks. They get rid of charizard first. Also, despite how awful they are at pokemon, I like Arin and Danny, I never got the hate for them
>>
>>25400337
>Butterfree is a poison-type
>forgetting Vileplume
>>
>>25402816
>beedrill
>fast
>imfuckingplying
It has base 75 speed. It's only faster than Exeggutor and Slowbro.

Also, it can't even OHKO Exeggutor. Beedrill Twineedle (2 hits) vs. Exeggutor: 224-264 (56.9 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>25403021
>>25403028
I figured they'd abandoned that play through light years ago. I watched New GG for a while, but I try not to take other channel's content too seriously because I make playthroughs myself, and whenever I watch someone else doing it I just figure I could be making one myself.

That being said, the hate for new GG comes from their damage control angle. I haven't really watched an episode in along time but the humor felt especially forced, and most importantly, playing it safe. they went so out of their way not to offend anybody, whereas they'd just say nigger in early GG. It's like they literally went from being 4chan -> reddit. Danny seemed like a cool hippie dude, but he's just got way too much SJW- super equality flavored vibes coming off, and the final nail in the coffin for me was an old ep where they announced they dont read the comments anymore. I was already sparingly watching their new shit, but as a small channel, I flip my shit whenever I get just ONE comment, good OR bad. I'd be reading all of them like a madman if I had their level of success. If you want a good gaming channel, Continue is 9/10 the bomb

Anyway, back to beedrill, I know this isn't gen 6 so it doesn't have a mega, but cmon what exactly is its expiration date? I mean I'm honestly having a hard time with RB (specifically Red's) slow pace as is, that trying to decide on a team is hard enough. Is beedrill really that bad gen 1?
>>
>>25403087
It's expiration date is literally at most Erika. That is the last possible place you can even think of using a Beedrill, and even then, it is useless for literally most of the play.

TH eonly saving grace is possibly Twinneedle vs Misty's Starmie, but there are much better Pokmeon to use.
>>
>>25403104
Is scyther in red? I specifically want a good bug to deal with all the psychics, but even if scyther is in red he's so far into the game fug
>>
>>25403122
Remember, there is literally NO bug attacks at all. Literally NONE. The only ones you get are Leech Life and Twin Needle. You're better off using fucking Slash.
>>
>>25397687
What are some facts about Arbok.
Didn't a entry say it gets longer with age?
>>
Arbok is just one of my favorites because he’s basically the living representation of raw unparalleled will and unbridled energy and determination
>>
Arbok is god
>>
Pokemon Serpents.
RANK THEM.
>>
>>25406335
How is that grass starter not on that list?

>>25406335
My fave is Dunsparce and Steelix. Most of those aren't snakes anyway.
>>
>>25403122
Scyther is complete garbage in gen 1
>>
File: Kobra.jpg (60 KB, 480x332) Image search: [Google]
Kobra.jpg
60 KB, 480x332
>mono poison
>those stats

lmao based as hell
>>
>>25403156
Pin Missile too
>>
File: Chap14p12Arbok.jpg (182 KB, 646x494) Image search: [Google]
Chap14p12Arbok.jpg
182 KB, 646x494
>>25397687
>>
>>25407961
DELETE THIS
>>
File: 1231993671648.jpg (230 KB, 700x1024) Image search: [Google]
1231993671648.jpg
230 KB, 700x1024
>>25408006
Found the full page. Love that last panel.
>>
>>25408044
>>25407961
>>25408006
This doesn't kill Arbok. No joke, it comes back from that. The big reveal is that Koga's Arbok survives so long as it's head is undamaged.
>>
>>25397687
bellsporut

>sleep powder
>it hits
>growth growth growth
>they wake
>use special
>one takes no damage
>use vine whip
>one wins
what what
>>
>>25408152
vine whip is physical
growth is for special
>>
>>25398527
>>25398495
Two headed Poison Dark (can't think of anything better off the cuff) arbok mega please.
>>
>>25398527
people are such faggots
GIVE IT DRAGON DARK AND FAIRY
>>
>>25408174
>implying physical/special split in Gen I
>>
>>25408213
You think of anything better, faggot.
At least my two headed idea was good.
>>
>>25408233
it is
razor leaf is special
vine whip is physical
crab hammer is the only physical water move making Poliwrath useless
>>
>>25408290
no it wasnt arbok is a regular snake it doesnt just gorw a seocnd head out of its ass
>>
>>25408207
>Ability: Dualstrike
>basically a copy pasted Parental Bond, but with a little more "bite"
>>
>>25408309
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>25408310
>DURR POKEMON CAN'T JUST GET EXTRA HEADS
Weezing, Deino(however the fuck it's spelled), Hydregion, and Dodrio would like to have a word with you
>>
>>25408347
*Zweilous. I meant Zweilous instead of Deino.
Also combee loses two heads when it becomes Vespiquen.
Wow you really are a tard.
>>
>>25408347
you are legtit retarded
arbok and ekans are REGULAR SNAKES nothing dumb or special
Weezing literally has cancer with a face on his body i have no idea what deino is hydreigons line grew 1 head per evolution and doduo started with 2 heads
>>
>>25408347
Also Magneton
>>
>>25408309
You were clearly dropped on your head as a child, but sadly not from high enough to have killed you.
>>
>>25408388
an object of course an object can get more heads asses and dicks
>>
>>25408387
The metagross line is supposed to be pokemon combining as well.
You are confirmed tard.
>>
>>25408412
>an object
>even though it's a living creature
Wew lad.
>>
>>25408435
MAGNETS
A
G
N
E
T
S
>>
>>25408387
What about Dugtrio or Dodrio?
>>
>>25410356
Ah, didnt even think of Dugtrio.
Good one, anon.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.