[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Transfer all your Gen 1 mons to SM!" >Prepare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5
File: SAM 2.png (509 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
SAM 2.png
509 KB, 720x540
>"Transfer all your Gen 1 mons to SM!"
>Prepare a bunch of Fissure Machamps and Fly Kangaskhans for PokeBank transfer
>check PokeBank
Lv. 5
Rage, Karate Chop, Leer, Focus Energy
>>
File: misery.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
misery.gif
2 MB, 210x155
>>25387718

>mew was once a rare and treasured Pokemon
>now literally every faggot can catch a Mew via glitch
>mews going to become a common and overused Pokemon on every fucking team
>that little bastard can literally learn every fucking move
>>
>>25387718
wait, they reset the pokemon?
>>
>>25387829
A month long Mew distribution just ended you autist

Besides, muh pentagon
>>
>>25387829
>mew was once a rare and treasured Pokemon
And then the GTS happened.
>>
>>25387829
There's no legitimate way to get a Mew in the VC. Any Mew is illegal.
Even if they did do an event, "caught on Route 24/8/etc" would be a dead giveaway for the glitch ones.

>>25387718
Fissue Machamp isn't illegal, Fly Kangaskhan is.
I don't know how they're planning on converting Gen I Mons to Gen VII but I'd bet any Pokémon that evolved from a glitchmon has some fucked internal data either way, even if the Moves are legal.

I hope they'll at least let us keep our Surfing Pikachu
>>
Wouldn't be surprised if Mew was banned from transfering. Same with (now illegal) moves - they would be deleted/replaced during transfer.
>>
File: 1456006559627.jpg (50 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
1456006559627.jpg
50 KB, 600x540
>>25387952
>Says about illegal-mons
>Hopes to keep another illegal one.
>>
>>25388295
>>Hopes to keep another illegal one.
What illegal pokemon?
>>
>>25387952
Just use the glitch to reprogram the game to have Mew under the truck, catch it there.
Legitest Mew.
>>
>>25387862

>only available at certain locations

At least you still have to earn it you fucking idiot. Literally anyone can get a Mew at any point now.
>>
>>25388521
Going to GameStop isnt earning it any more than doing the new glitch.
>>
>>25387952
>Even if they did do an event, "caught on Route 24/8/etc" would be a dead giveaway for the glitch ones.
RGBY and GS don't store caught location data, that only became a thing in Crystal due to the seer (even then, she can't tell where RGBY or GS Pokémon are from because Crystal automatically sets a specific internal caught location value to these Pokémon that tells them that they either came from the Time Capsule or from GS).
>>
If they don't let transferred mons keep their moves there will be literally no point to transferring them.
>>
omg you simpletons, listen
you will be able to transfer your wacky gen1 pokemon through bank just fine
if they don't want these moves and shit to be legal they will just implement something like the pentagon rule for the battlespot thing
>>
File: 1455738496597.gif (233 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1455738496597.gif
233 KB, 500x362
>body slam snorlax
>>
>>25388485
There's no way for Pikachu to learn surf in RBY. It had to come through Colosseum which obviously can't be done with a VC title.

The only way to get a surfing pikachu right now is to have one from an event.
>>
>bide blissey
This would be wonderful if you couldnt protect against it
>>
A far more likely scenario is that the updated Bank will look at all the moves the Pokemon can know from Gen 3 upwards. If the Pokemon from RBY know moves not from those lists, it'll probably tell you the Pokemon knows a move it can't normally learn and make you take it back. There's a move deleter in RBY so you'll probably be visiting him a lot.
>>
>>25389398
>It had to come through Colosseum which obviously can't be done with a VC title.
Pretty sure you could get it from revolution and and event pokewalker course.r
>>
>>25389337
>you will be able to transfer your wacky gen1 pokemon through bank just fine
Pokebank refuses to take Pokemon with illegal movesets, even in the gen 5/6 games.
>>
>>25389398
This is why we need Stadium.
>>
>>25389442
The problem being that the "wacky" movesets are for the most part absolutely legitimate due to the TMs that existed at the time.
>>
>>25388540
There is a trick they can use to flag legit event Pokemon, if they have the foresight to. A Pokemon's capture rate is stored inside of the Pokemon data for some reason. In Yellow version, the game would automatically change this value after catching certain Pokemon so that the game would "remember" that they came from yellow version. By giving any event Mew/Surfing Pikachu a completely impossible capture rate value, Pokebank would be able to distinguish them from glitched ones.
>>
>>25387829
there is no such thing as rare pokemon nowadays

well except for maybe manaphy but that thing's getting distributed in a couple of months
>>
>>25389529
>tfw Manaphy and Meloetta are the only ones I need
Finally
>>
>>25389225
This basically
>>
>>25389408
>move deleter in RBY
I'm really starting to doubt that the majority of /vp/ ever played gen I or II when it was out.
>>
>>25389580
Half the time i can't tell when /vp/ is trolling or legitimately retarded
I guess that's the internet in general
>>
>>25389504
>A Pokemon's capture rate is stored inside of the Pokemon data for some reason. In Yellow version, the game would automatically change this value after catching certain Pokemon so that the game would "remember" that they came from yellow version. By giving any event Mew/Surfing Pikachu a completely impossible capture rate value, Pokebank would be able to distinguish them from glitched ones.
wut

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_wild_held_item_%28Generation_II%29

The catch rate is set by the game of origin and doesn't change. This is how Time Capsule held items work.
>>
>>25389621
What the fuck are you talking about? Yellow version is programmed to automatically rewrite Kadabra and Dragonair's capture rate value as soon as you catch them.
>>
>>25389580
It's been 16 years since I've played Red, but there HAS to be a move deleter. You can't tell me people were stuck with HM moves in gen I
>>
>>25389674
Yes. The was one of the most frustrating things about gen 1, since most people put cut on their starter.
>>
>>25389398
>What is Pokémon Battle Revolution
>>
If Gamefreak don't allow Fissure Machamp in Sun & Moon, I will swear off Pokemon for good.
>>
>>25389674
>You can't tell me people were stuck with HM moves in gen I
You could delete them using the day care but that only works to a certain point.
>>
>>25389666
>Yellow version is programmed to automatically rewrite Kadabra and Dragonair's capture rate value as soon as you catch them.
No, the catch rate values are hardcoded in the ROM and are set when a Pokémon is caught in its game of origin. A Kadabra traded from RGB to Yellow keeps its RGB catch rate value.
>>
>>25389700
Considering it's a completely legitimate find you're fine.
>>
>>25389713
I meant allowing Fissure with No Guard. I want Machamp to one shot everything in sight.
>>
>>25389712
Yes, that's exactly what he said both times.
>>
>>25389721
Unless they make every Pokemon from RBY have their hidden ability I don't see why they shouldn't allow it.
>>
>>25389732
No, he didn't. He said that Yellow converts the catch rate values of wild Pokémon, which is simply false. It doesn't set the RGB catch rate values and then changes them, it sets its own values right away but only for wild Pokémon.

Game Freak can't just change the catch rate values like that, much less for Bank compatibility as he implied.
>>
>>25389770
No. Look. Wild Kadabra has a catch rate rate of 100. As soon as you capture it, the game converts it to 96. It's still 100 when it's in the wild.

By the same merit, you can send the same Kadabra to Gold and Silver, swap its held item for another item (let's say Antidote, because I know the value is 9), then send it back to a gen 1 game and its capture rate value will now be 9.

This same system can be used with event Pokemon. By making Mew's capture rate value anything other than what it is when captured in the wild in RBY, Pokebank would know it was legit.
>>
>>25389385
Which is something it can get currently.
>>
>>25389822
>implying we can't modify VC saves

Jesus, they will just block Mew, there is no way to catch it without an event so it's not legit.
>>
>>25389877
Japan got an event for it. America might get it eventually, too.
>>
>>25389891
Not on RBY
>>
>>25389891
No, what they got is a ticket that you need bring to a store and they would trade one it with you, no event involved.
>>
>>25389941
Yes, on RBY. It was a pack-in bonus with the anniversary 2DS in Japan. (not to be confused with the gen 6 Mew event that was also announced at the same time)
>>
>>25389822
>Wild Kadabra has a catch rate rate of 100. As soon as you capture it, the game converts it to 96. It's still 100 when it's in the wild.
Can you prove this by linking to the relative code in the Yellow disassembly on GitHub? I'll believe you then.
>>
>>25389968
This

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2016/02/160205_gm01.html&usg=ALkJrhizySAtYklycRd7PdjOhCwx6XJR6w
>>
>>25389983
https://github.com/pret/pokeyellow/blob/master/data/baseStats/kadabra.asm
>db 100 ; catch rate
I have no idea where the code that converts it to 96 is, but it's clearly 100 when wild.
>>
>>25390034
Oh, I see. Thanks for explaining and clarifying this to me, mate. I was being stubborn and rude without even being right.
>>
>>25389674
I got some bad news for you then.
>>
>>25388521
>walts into gamestop
>take a ton of codes

you're right, I fucking earned that shit.
>>
>>25387829
The only people who will do this glitch are the same ones who probably already have many mews.
And if they aren't who gives a shit. You probably won't ever fight them anyway.
>>
>>25387952
>I hope they'll at least let us keep our Surfing Pikachu

Wait, is there a way to teach Pikachu surf in the VC version?

I know you can play the surf minigame, but as far as I know you can't just teach Pikachu surf.

Not that there's a point when you can't pass surf down through breeding.
Wondering why there hasn't been a surf Pikachu event in gen six, considering you had to delete HM moves to transfer things from gen five.
>>
Can we already use pokemon bank for RBY or is it an update we're waiting to come out later down the line?

I'm starting to wonder if we'll be able to transfer them to Gen VI, or if we're really going to have to wait until Sun and Moon
>>
>>25390490
Update later down the road. Probably only when SuMo comes out. Even then, it may not be full Bank functionality but just the transporter app updated to work with the games and Bank set up to not show shit as illegal with the new movesets,Fissure Machamp and Bide Chansey being the first I can think of.
>>
>>25389721
No guard could be reworked to not work on ohko moves
>>
how do you get fly kangaskhan?
>>
>>25390686
Missingno glitch, teach fly then evolve to Kanga.
>>
>>25390689
Isn't it also possible to evolve into Rhydon?

If I remember right there's more than one variation of Missingno.
>>
>>25390669
No Guard should not be reworked. Just let Machamp have perfect accuracy fissures, it wouldn't even be that broken anyway.
>>
>>25390707
Yeah, I don't remember how to evolve it into Kanga actually. Rhydon is the default since its the first one in the code. Kanga I think required something weird like already having a Rhydon, maybe it needed Pokemon Stadium.
>>
>>25389740
No Guard isn't Machamp's Hidden Ability though. Machamp's hidden Ability is fucking Steadfast. No Guard is it's normal ability. know because I wrecked Diamond version with No Guard Dynamic Punches, and diamond was before Hidden abilities became a thing.
>>
>>25390791
Steadfast is fucking garbage. He should have had mold breaker, defiant or something
>>
>>25390952
That shitty steadfast ability is crap altogether, just remove it entirely. You know it's shit when fucking Inner Focus is superior most of the time.
>>
>>25387718
This is more likely how it will go:
>Can only transfer Pokémon in boxes
>Sending up Pokémon who know HMS or OHKOs is not allowed
>IVS are just DVS * 2 + 1
>EVS are reset to zero
>>
>>25391058
>>Sending up Pokémon who know HMS or OHKOs is not allowed

I fucking hope we can send pokemon with HMs, I thought we were finally over that stupid HM restriction in Gen VI.

There is no move deleter in Gen 1.
>>
>>25387718
>all Pokemon can learn their Gen 1 moves
>Transferable to SM with no problems
Hidden Ability
>>
>>25391058
>>25393660
Might as well just drop the feature entirely if they are removing the only noteworthy transfer

Fuck you guys, you're all boring.
>>
>>25393660
>tfw Ability Capsule gives the option to use all abilities in SM.
Not that Machamp needs its hidden ability.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.