[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you guys considered that Gamefreak doesn't share your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 6
Have you guys considered that Gamefreak doesn't share your notion of "generations?" That they're not deliberately and maliciously "abandoning gen 6", but simply want to expand on the games in a meaningful way?

Maybe they're adding new Pokemon and regions because it's exciting and different, not because it gives people an excuse to arbitrarily divide the games for their infantile genwar. Maybe they just want to make up for the lack of new Pokemon and content in XY. Maybe they just want you to get your money's worth instead of buying the same game twice.

But of course you will find some fault and betrayal in that because shitposters will somehow use it as ammo against you in your internet shitflinging contest. And you'll blame Gamefreak for it.

Class act, /vp/.
>>
>>25386605
W-why are you accusing me!
>>
can they just fix this shitfest of not updating new monsters to old games of the same generation? Maybe for the NX they will finally do it.
New megas killed XY
>>
File: what.jpg (24 KB, 327x384) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
24 KB, 327x384
>>25386605
That is some new degree of defending a shitty company. They share our notion of generations, because they even listed them in that order in pokemon direct. Its the best concept and there is nothing you can do about it.

Also thinking that we are getting a new gen because they thought "hey, lets be nice from now on!" makes you look like a irreparably pathetic person. They dont want to make up for anything, they got their money and that is what ultimately tells them what to do.

After all those failures and no remorse from their side, like literally nothing, they even state that games will be casualized more and more - after all of that you've came with that idea that they feel bad and want to make some good in this world. I will never get this thinking.
>>
>>25386631
Nope. Gotta buy the new games.
>>
>>25386631

Pokemon will never be on a home console
>>
>>25386642
>they listed them in that order
YOU MEAN

THEY LISTED THE GAMES

IN THE ORDER THEY CAME OUT?

LIKE ANYONE WOULD?

THEY'RE NOT GONNA LIST THEM OUT OF ORDER
>>
>>25386682
They skipped remakes and sequels, retard. Deal with it, generations are official and your autism wont change a damn thing.
>>
>>25386705
Maybe you're just stupid as all hell.
>>
>>25386605
>>25386705
You say that as though we aren't still on gen 1.
>>
Is it possible to dox the person who first used the term generation when referring to pokémon? It was probably some shitty magazine anyway whatever
>>
>>25386725
It was probably fucking GamePro
>>
>>25386642

The money has always told them to remake games. They didn't create and market all that Zygarde shit just to not sell it, so this is effectively the XY redeux.

What fucking "remorse" are they going to show? Apologize publically? That's ridiculous, they're going to consider missteps and try again. They don't do it to "be nice," they do it to sell games. And certainly not to perpetuate genwar bullshit. There is no one to blame for that but yourselves.
>>
>>25386841
Why would they consider missteps? The tragedy here is that they can do all sort of mistakes and people still are going to buy their shit. They dont have to apologize, they dont have to do anything, as long as it sells.
>>
>>25386972

That's not how it works. People will stop buying their shit if they keep fucking up. Their entire business model centers around reevaluating their game every gen. People expected XY to lack, but ORAS was the real letdown, largely because it was rushed as fuck. They know goddamn well people have high expectations of a game with this much buildup, hence the extended dev time and all this new shit. Nothing to do with "generations."
>>
>>25386605
>they're not deliberately and maliciously "abandoning gen 6"
>they simply want to expand on the games in a meaningful way
L O L
>>
>they want you to get your money's worth

LOL
O
L

GF has always sought out the ideal balance between least amount of effort and highest price people will still pay
>>
>>25387104
Fun fact ORAS is the highest selling remake so far beating out even HGSS. And that's not even including digital sales.
>>
>>25386605
>BOOHOO I DON'T WANT TO RESTART AGAIN
You must be the kind of guy hating WoW expansions because you have to regain your power advantage over freshly started players
>>
>>25387125

Purely on hype based on precedent. The Phantom Menace was also a huge financial success
>>
Oh look, it's this retard spamming bullshit again.
>>
>>25387118
This, at least they are good at something.
>>
>>25387104
>ORAS was the real letdown
I almost never browse message boards, but after being here for just one night, I've noticed that most people here seem to hate ORAS. It's weird to me because I actually really liked it? What do people dislike about it, if I may ask?
>>
>>25388665
It's a bad mix of groupthink and a shitty /vp/ meme.
>>
What if Pokémon Sun & Moon are not gen VII, but rather just gen VI with a new area to explore? Fire Red/Leaf Green had the Sevii islands, after all.

Maybe you can travel to the moon or the Sun in Pokémon S&M.
>>
>>25388690
>What if Pokémon Gold & Silver are not gen II, but rather just gen I with a new area to explore?
>>
>>25388696
>implying that's the same

Gen II was a new region that had a very limited version of the previous region in it. FR/LG had all of Kanto, plus a bunch of new islands. The Sevii islands can't really compare to all of Johto.
>>
Well, taking it at face value, this is the only thing they have used the term "generation" for. This game has a feature that none of the other ones do, enough to say that it redefines pokemon fundamentally. Considering what we know, this means there is a new pillar that will form the core gameplay. They've changed the battle system many times, that didn't count.
>>
I want to think that instead of wanting to make up for only having 70 pokemon in gen6 by adding 70 more, they deliberately held back on revealing half of them until later for the sake of variation maybe.
>>
>>25388747
That still doesn't change the fact that Sun/Moon are Generation 7 games.
>>
>>25386652
debatable
>>
>>25388957
Game Freak has confirmed it many times over the years. Mainline games will always be on a Nintendo handheld.
>>
>>25386605
Why is Masuda's face so punchable?
>>
>>25388665
I don't necessarily care myself about all of those things/think this, but it's basically:

Too much handholding, too easy, too much "muh megas", no Battle Frontier, too much fanservice, gen 6 graphics/animations suck, Zinnia is a piece of shit, no XY patch to include the new megas, bad remixes of the original music...

And probably a bunch of things that I forgot.
>>
File: 1456695390611.png (397 KB, 544x661) Image search: [Google]
1456695390611.png
397 KB, 544x661
>>25388995
Prease no punch
>>
>>25388965
What if the NX is a mix of handheld/home console and there's no new pure handheld though?
>>
>>25386642
>M-muh evil corporation!
Do you want a fucking medal for discovering companies want money?

I mean sure ORAS and XY had atrocious post game and shit, but what are you expecting your evil companies to do? Apologize or someyhing?

Worst thing is you're going to buy the new games anyway and you will play the shit out of them just to keep shitposting about how evil GF is and to pretend you are better than people that actually like the fucking games.
>>
>>25387209
Not at all like the word generation being tossed around like a baby, or was that the joke
>>
>>25388696
>on the same console
>>
>>25386605
>Have you guys considered that Gamefreak doesn't share your notion of "generations?"

I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't at this point. It's just a very neat and organized way to keep track of the series' progress as it advances. Not to mention each generation features new player characters, literally a new generation of Pokemon Trainers.

It's the term everyone else uses. They'd either denounce it or embrace it, and it's a bit late for them to say "oh, we don't use that term".
>>
>>25386642
>After all those failures
>failures

What failures?
>>
>>25389075
Gold and Silver are Game Boy titles like Red and Green.
>>
>>25388965
Its quite likely Nintendo will eventually move away from handhelds, maybe even as early as next gen. What will GF do then, start releasing their games on smartphones?
>>
>>25389734
How is it at all likely we will move away from handhelds? We know nothing of Nintendo's release plans.

>thinking they would abandon the ridiculously lucrative handheld market for core gamers they have cornered

If anything thwy are just going to focus on handhelds more. The tech is getting better and better, so soon they will be able to deliver things of Wii or better quality quite easily.
>>
>>25386682
People should be banned for typing like this.
>>
>>25389571
That's right! The same device
>>
>>25386605
>Have you guys considered that Gamefreak doesn't share your notion of "generations?"

Open your National Dex. Look at the colors on the right.
>>
>>25386705
Wait, you literally just said it yourself. They weren't mentioning only games that were "the start of a new gen", they were mentioning games that introduced a new region, aka, not remakes or sequels.
>>
I agree with OP. That's why they've started doing stuff like new moves and abilities mid-gen with ORAS. Remember when people thought there would be no way ORAS would have new megas because then they would be incompatible with XY? But then they did it anyway and just made the games partially compatible?

Personally I think Sun/Moon will share a lot of similarities with new gen games but I think they'll still be compatible with ORAS and XY in a similar way ORAS is compatible to XY.
>>
>>25386605
What I don't get is why market all the Pokemon Z and Zygarde stuff if they are just going to push a new generation anyway?

Unless it's just an expansion with a handful of new pokemon and not a complete next generation. Didn't Gamefreak say a few years ago they were doing something different with this one?
>>
>>25390193
>What I don't get is why market all the Pokemon Z and Zygarde stuff if they are just going to push a new generation anyway?
Because the Zygarde stuff will probably be in Sun/Moon. It just won't be the focus like people were expecting.

>Unless it's just an expansion with a handful of new pokemon and not a complete next generation. Didn't Gamefreak say a few years ago they were doing something different with this one?
This is the argument gen 6.5 supporters are making.
>>
i hate to be that guy but in oras's pokedex there is that colored line with every gen
>>
>>25386725
what would you suggest instead?
>>
>>25390317
Base it on how the games are compatible with each other.

Gen 1 games can battle and trade with other Gen 1 games but they can't battle with Gen 2 games.

Gen 2 games can battle and trade with other Gen 2 games but they can't battle with Gen 3 or Gen 1 games.

Gen 3 games can battle and trade with other Gen 3 games but they can't battle or trade with Gen 2 or Gen 4 games.

You get the point.
>>
Everybody was perfectly fine with classifying with new Pokemon as the start of a new generation for 20 years.

And then Kalos fags got mad that their gen ended without a third version, and now suddenly everything doesn't matter and Gen 6 is going to go on forever.
>>
Some brave, lonely soul needs to hop onto twitter and ask Masuda how many gens there are.
>>
>>25390385
Everybody was perfectly fine with classifying with compatibility for 20 years.

And then Gen 7 fags got mad that they have to wait longer for their gen, and now suddenly everything doesn't matter and Gen 7 is going to happen immediately just because they say so.
>>
At no point in the history of the franchise were the notion of "generations" in dispute until butthurt fuckheads wanted to damage control because they didn't get their Pokémon Z they swore they were guaranteed to get because of MUH PATTERNS.
>>
>>25390402
>compatibility

Gen 1 can only transfer directly to Sun and Moon, and the site mentions XY/ORAS to SM transfers, but mentions nothing about transferring back.
>>
>>25390417
>Gen 1 can only transfer directly to Sun and Moon
RGBY can directly trade to and from GSC.
>>
>>25390417
>and the site mentions XY/ORAS to SM transfers, but mentions nothing about transferring back.

But that doesn't deconfirm the possibility of SM transferring back to XY/ORAS unless it explicitly says so.
>>
>>25390427

Dude that doesn't mean shit, I hope you're being a fail troll and acting stupid to get people riled up.
>>
>>25390417
>Gen 1 can only transfer directly to Sun and Moon
>directly

So I can indirectly transfer from Gen 1 to X and Y?
>>
>>25390433

This reminds me of how back before DS came out, people assumed DS would be able to play GameBoy and GameBoy COlor games.

And I said "the Nintendo site only says that it can play GBA games, dont assume it can play older games too"

And they said "no dumb ass they said DS can play GBA games, and the GBA could play GB and GBC games, that means DS can play GB and GBC games too!"
>>
>>25390427
Yes, and everybody still called GSC Gen 2. Not Gen 1.5.

>>25390444
No. It can only go Gen 1 VC ->Bank-> SM
>>
File: 94f.png (86 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
86 KB, 625x626
>>25390438
>Dude that doesn't mean shit
>>
>>25389734
Considering they are the king of portables, that would be a stupid move.
>>
>>25390460
>No. It can only go Gen 1 VC ->Bank-> SM

But what if I do Gen 1 VC->Bank->SM->XY?

The website specifically says they can't "directly" go to XY and ORAS. So what if there's an indirect way?
>>
>>25390466
There is none, why would they let that happen instead of just letting you transfer directly to XY/ORAS?
>>
>>25390317
To just refer to regions
>>
>>25390483
Because they had to make new software for gen 1 to gen 6 transferring to make the files compatible and they don't want to patch XY and ORAS. Or they just want to force people to buy Sun/Moon to use the utility. They did the same thing with the Dream Radar not working with BW1.
>>
>>25390536
BW1 doesn't have the coding for BW2's forms and the DS didn't support game patching. Gen 1 Pokemon are all in XY and ORAS's coding since their mons from 20 twenty years ago.

Ask yourself, why exactly can't Bank send Pokemon that exist in Gen 6's coding to XY and ORAS, but can send them to SM which is also supposed to be Gen 6 according to the 6.5 theory?

There's an implied mechanical cutoff going on here.
>>
>>25390394
He won't even validate your use of 'gens'
>>
NO!! they are DELIBERATLEY trying to make me angry by REFUSING TO RELEASE or downright CANCELLING Z!!!!
sun and moon are a PERSONAL ATTACK on ME SPECIFICALLY!!!!
>>
>>25390583
>and the DS didn't support game patching.
No. The issue is that distributing patches to players before the 3DS was unfeasible but it did happen, hence why versions 1.0, 1.1, etc. have been a thing since Red and Green on the Game Boy.
>>
>>25390597
BW REMAKE WILL BE OUR GRAY
SEQUEL REMAKE WILL BE GREY
>>
>>25390600
>The issue is that distributing patches to players before the 3DS was unfeasible

That doesn't really contradict with my point. Easily adding BW2's new forms to BW1 wasn't an option for them. Gen 1 Pokemon already exist in XY and ORAS to begin with. But XY and ORAS can receive Gen 1 mons from the VC release despite supposedly being in the same gen as SM?
>>
>>25390647
The Berry glitch in Ruby and Sapphire 1.0 can be patched with a special link cable feature in FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald, for example.
>>
>>25390663
I already addressed that point. Why can SM receive Pokemon from VC Gen 1 but XY/ORAS can't, if they're in the same gen?

I bring this up because whenever 6.5 believers are asked why they don't call GSC Gen 1.5 they say, "Mechanical changes are what really denotes a gen!". But this problem and the site only confirming XY/ORAS -> SM Bank Transfer but not the other way around suggests that there is mechanical cutoff happening here.
>>
>>25390403

This.

Seriously, this is even stupider than when the little kids who never witnessed a hardware generation switchover before were mad that X and Y were 3DS exclusives and that GF was being "mean" by not also having DS versions.
>>
>>25390583
But with BW they could have made the forms just turn into the regular Pokemon upon transfer. You know... The same way it already works when you trade.
>>
>fans have spent 20 years saying that new generations are games that introduce new Pokemon and regions

>"you can't trust what the fans say! TPCi probably had their own definition this whole time!"

>official press release, straight from the horses mouth uses the phrases "new pokemon, new world, new era, new generation" they literally use the word "generation" and trailer showcase only features titles that started new generations

>"you can't trust what they say!"

Just who exactly are you all willing to listen to?
>>
>>25390403
At no point in the history of the franchise were the notion of "generations" in dispute until butthurt fuckheads wanted to damage control because they didn't get their Generation 7 they swore they were guaranteed to get because of MUH PATTERNS.
>>
>>25390717
>Why can SM receive Pokemon from VC Gen 1 but XY/ORAS can't, if they're in the same gen?
money, duh
>>
>>25390790
Gen 1 Pokemon don't have to turn into anything, they already exist in XY's coding
>>
>>25390717
Note that Pokémon cannot be moved D I R E C T L Y from Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow to Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y via Pokémon Bank.
Explain this, then.
>>
>>25390811
The constant creation of new words dilutes our world I'm trying to get you to wake up
>horses mouth
>english
>>
>>25390811
>company caves into a fan term
Sad day
>>
>>25390943
>bringing up a small grammatical error instead of directly addressing my point

>>25390956
The term makes sense, I can't blame them for wanting to use it.
>>
>>25386605
>yfw you can choose out of all the starters so far
>yfw it all stars together
>>
>>25390956

I remember when Pokémon fans invented the word "generation" to define a specific epoch of an ongoing product or service.

I don't know how the english language survived without Pokémon fan's valuable contribution of inventing that word.
>>
>>25390956
>Shiny Pokémon
>Eeveelution
Hi there, underage friend.
>>
>>25390975
I wasn't attacking I was saying the horse is Japanese, English speakers get what they are familiar with
>>
>>25390993
But you cannot clearly define generation in this context without conflicting responses
>>
>>25391015
there were no conflicting responses until less than a week ago when Gen 6 ended earlier than expected
>>
>>25391050
Generation 6 will only technically end with the release of Sun and Moon, though.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_I
>1363 days (Japan), 748 days (US)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_II
>1096 days (Japan), 885 days (US)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_III
>1407 days (Japan), 1495 days (US)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_IV
>1451 days (Japan), 1412 days (US)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_V
>1120 days (Japan), 953 days (US)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_VI
>870 days (worldwide) [current]
>>
>>25389053
Then what is the point of this thread? You stupid fucks apologize for mistakes of a company who wants your money and nothing else. Dont post your worthless opinions if you fall under stockholm syndrome so easily.
>>25389112
Gen 6 being rushed and unfinished as fuck? This entire franchise is built on>>25387118
>>
>>25391095
When people say it "ended earlier than expected" they're not talking about time. They're talking about the fact that Zygarde's forme never even got a game.
>>
>>25391409
>They're talking about the fact that Zygarde's forme never even got a game.
Neither did Deoxys. Your point?
>>
>>25391988
Deoxys wasn't part of a trilogy though. He's a side legendary like Jirachi or Cresselia. Zygarde was part of X and Y's Mythology.
>>
>>25391988
What are you talking about? Deoxys' formes got games. FRLG had attack/defense forme and Emerald had speed forme.
>>
>>25391988
Except Deoxys is a standalone Pokemon as opposed to the other generation box legendary mons.
>>
File: ass to ass.jpg (21 KB, 620x347) Image search: [Google]
ass to ass.jpg
21 KB, 620x347
>gen v was the starters
>gen vi was the fairy type
>now the dankest newest meme is gen 6,5 fags vs gen 7 fags
Epic desu senpai
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.