[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Ash ever win a league and get a chance to really fight the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 6479203858920.png (675 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
6479203858920.png
675 KB, 1280x720
Will Ash ever win a league and get a chance to really fight the Elite 4?
>>
>>25386020
I believe he did win the orange league

Still it would be nice for him be a champ one day
Maybe end the series with him returning to the Indigo League and winning it for reals
>>
>>25386020
As probable as Leonardo DiCaprio winning an Oscar.
>>
>>25386053
So it's gonna take awhile but he'll finally get it
>>
>>25386020
How is Ash going to lose the Kalos League? Also, since Sun and Moon are coming later this year, then XY&Z must be the final season of the Kalos Saga.
>>
>>25386020
This is the year. He has a team entirely composed of full evolutions, including smogon-approved mons like Talonflame and Greninja, the latter of which has a mega unique to him, plus a pseudo (assuming Goodra returns since he's not catching a sixth Pokémon), not to mention he's been at his absolute strongest in terms of battle strategies. If they don't let him win this time, they never will.
>>
>>25386470
>Team of all fully-evolved pokemon
>Pikachu and Noibat
>>
>>25386559
Pikachu is the obvious exception. Noibat evolves in three days.
>>
File: Noibat.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Noibat.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>25386559
>Noibat
>>
>>25386470
Better just hope Pikachu doesn't lose it's electric attacks again
>>
>>25386611
>thinking this is still the retardedness that was BW
XY Pikachu defeated a Mega Lucario.
>>
Alright, time to guess what bullshit will cause As to lose at the league this time! Any takers?
>>
>>25386726
Grenashja will experience an atrack so overwhelming, or accumulate so much fatigue and energy drain, that Ash himself will collapse just before his final pokemon lands a finishing strike, and get DQ'd so he can be medically treated.
>>
>>25386726
Alan. Seems like he's all hyped up to be the Ash-buster. Otherwise, that partner of his with the Chespin.
>>
>>25386792
Alan isn't doing gyms and she only has a Flabebe aside from a comatose Chespin.

>>25386768
I suppose it could happen but if they're doing the shounen route they've been doing he'll tough it out until the end.
>>
File: 195px-XY_Evelyn.png (79 KB, 195x373) Image search: [Google]
195px-XY_Evelyn.png
79 KB, 195x373
I suppose still no best girl in anime yet? Wake me up when they did.
>>
>>25386813
If they want to stop Ash cold then accumulated fatigue from Greninja that lingers over the course of the battle is an easy way to do it, is all I'm saying. Throw in a tough opponent with a Megamon to compound the effects of it and there could be a great to-the-very-last-move fight in it.
>>
>>25386020
He can't. They said in Sinnoh you need to beat the league from your home region to challenge the Elite 4.
>>
He's going to get Harrisoned.

Greninjash will win against a very tough enemy but then be unable to battle in the next match because of all the damage it took. So Ash will lose a match he could have won if he had his regional powerhouse.
>>
>>25386880
Really? Well that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>25386895
He has Rape Ape, Sceptile and Charizard.

>>25386880
>>25386900
No, they said one needs to win the regular league to enter the Champion's League to challenge the Elite Four. You're referring to becoming one.
>>
>>25386900
Yeah the Elite 4 is the "Champion League" in the anime and Cynthia (I believe, it was in the episode where Paul challenged her) said you need to beat the league from your home region to challenge them.
>>
>>25386871
Huh. I wouldn't mind seeing Ash take on the Battle Maison sisters as a sort of post-League event. Showcase the various different battle formats.
>>
>>25386880
That was an erroneous dub line.
>>
>>25386928
Well fuck me then.
>>
>>25386929

>>25386928
>>25386936
>>
>>25386726
Ash's final opponent will unveil as their trump card an advanced form of mega evolution and defeat him with their Giga-Lucario, coming as a JP-only distribution event in Sun/Moon and as paid DLC in Pokken.
>>
>>25386928
Isn't he planning on going in with an All-Kalos team? Aside from Pikachu of course. After all, Talonflame, Greninjash, Noivern, his slimy pseudo (fuck this filter) and Hawlucha make for a pretty solid team. Rape Ape and Charizard would overlap with Talonflame. Sceptile I can potentially see if the forbidden slime doesn't return.

I'd like to see Ash's Sceptile Mega Evolve but with this weird Greninjash Evo going on I don't think that a regular Mega Evo is in the cards for Ash right now.
>>
>>25386982
So far he has a Kalos team but his sixth slot's still open. No one knows about Goodra returning or not.
>>
>>25386726
It'll be ash vs diantha. He'll lose due to taking synchro too far after reaching the level of synchronization diantha has with her gardevoir. After losing she'll tell ash to go train in the sun/moon region because it's full of strong trainers. There he'll start off with his fully evolved Kalos team to go with the announcement of hard mode in sun/moon
>>
>>25386997
His Charizard is going to return and Ash will use that as his mega, but his final opponent is going to use Stealth Rocks and force it to lose 50% before it even gets to fight.
>>
>>25387032
That would require it to become Charizard Y and we all know that Y isn't as cool as Charizard X, Origins and Alain have made this abundantly clear.

I fucking hope we don't get Charizard again with a Mega Evo. I want to find out this shit about Greninja bond.
>>
>>25386020
Why does the anime have such a horrible track record of showcasing the Elite Four?
>Lance, Lorelei and Bruno didn't show up until the Orange Islands. Agatha didn't show up until Battle Frontier
>Karen and Will never showed up
>Drake was the only Hoenn Elite to show up
>Only Caitlin showed up of the Unova E4, and it was just for one battle against Cynthia
>None of the Kalos E4 have shown up yet, unless you count 2 of them being in the Mega-Evolution specials
At least we got all of the Sinnoh Elite 4.
You'd think with all the endless filler episodes with generic new characters of the week they could spare some to show these guys more.
Why couldn't they at least have them show up in every Pokemon League as part of the audience watching the matches?
>>
>>25387133
Malva appeared on tv in XY92. Wikstrom was at the start of the Diancie movie.
>>
>>25387133
Koga showed up too, but that was when he was a Gym Leader, which makes him the only Elite 4 member Ash can ever brag about defeating.
Then again, since by anime time not even a year has passed, odds are the E4 hasn't changed at all and the Indigo League still has no Champion.
>>
>>25387133
Bruno showed up before Indigo League. Lance doesn't appear until Johto and Agatha until Battle Frontier.

Karen and Will don't appear, Drake's only in Hoenn, Caitlin appears in Unova during the PWT.

As to why they don't show them in the audience, it's because they're doing other shit.
>>
>>25386020
He's too busy being a kid and enjoying the experience. Once he's older he'll start following the meta and actually win something.
>>
>>25387185
>As to why they don't show them in the audience, it's because they're doing other shit.
Like standing/sitting in an empty room waiting for someone to show up and challenge them? Or are they setting up all the Special effects for when someone finally enters?
>>
>>25387197
Lance is off being a cop, Lorelei is selling books or some shit, Bruno's training, Drake's sailing around Caitlin's sleeping, Sinnoh's elite four travel, Seibold's off being a chef at a restaurant, Malva's anchor woman and the likes.
>>
>>25387197
The Elite Four in the anime are people with lives who only ever have to convene to fight someone together after that person wins a Championship League.

They get pretty fair warning for the one day of battling they have to do each league season and then they can do what they want the rest of the time.

I presume they participate in a higher-level interregional league where various E4s face each other in tough, complex team battles or something.
>>
Honestly, I'd kind of like to see Ash win, and then stay to prepare for his fight against the Elite Four. Then next season we get new protagonists, and then a series of Specials that show off Ash as the now-not-protagonist league champion and his face off against the Elite Four.
>>
>>25387290
Would you have Ash actually defeat one of the Elite 4?
>>
>>25387326
Potentially one or two, sure. Not all four of them though. At least not initially.

As time goes on, just show Ash more and more infrequently, letting him grow into this heroic champion well out of the new protagonist's league, but who can act as an occasional mentor or something.

Later on a test to mark the protag's improvement can be when he starts to become able to take down one or two of Ash's pokemon with a team, and so on and so forth.

Grow it organically.
>>
>>25387276
or maybe they just go on tv as celebrities or act in movies
>>
>>25387425
That's the sort of thing I mean by "regular lives". Just all the inbetween stuff that comes with being a superstar.
>>
>>25386470
he had Gliscor, Torterra, Infernape, and Staraptor in the same tourney he fought Tobias. and he has full evo's from previous quests.. He even released one of his full evo's recently. He wont win this year
>>
File: DSC00583.jpg (60 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DSC00583.jpg
60 KB, 400x300
>>25387181
>Since by anime time not even a year has passed
...What? That's not really the timeline they're going with, is it? That's beyond retarded. Even if you counted every single episode as just ONE day (Which is still reaching, as many of them have days go by before the episode plot is resolved), the episodes alone would add up to almost 3 years of time! Why are they trying to screw with our heads!?!
>>
>>25386042
>Maybe end the series with him returning to the Indigo League and winning it for reals

I actually wouldn't mind that
>>
>>25386726
Tobias returns with his original team plus Genies.

Cap this shit
>>
>>25388175
>>25386042
>Ash defeats the Elite Four
>"You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another trainer! His name is… Gary Fucking Oak!
>>
>>25386020
No, now commit suicide.
>>
>>25388482
I'd watch the shit out of that final battle and pray to god he wins it
>>
File: 3shfj23.png (441 KB, 670x1225) Image search: [Google]
3shfj23.png
441 KB, 670x1225
>>25386020
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.