[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>triple types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
>triple types
>>
Honestly I'd love to see if they could pull it off, this and an additional move slot are the kind of off the wall shit that would destroy the meta.
But it's still a pretty bad idea.
>>
What about a pokemon, that evolves MORE than just twice?
>>
Triggered
>>
>missigno gets added to the pokedex
>>
>>25384906
I'm fine with this only if used in special cases and maybe as an ability. Sort of like Flying Press.
>>
>>25384906
triple types + Pokémon Fusion?
>>
>>25384996
I would like this desu
>>
>>25384906
Seems like it'd be a mental clusterfuck, desu.
>>
>>25384996
Holy shit
>>
>>25385284
I only realized pokemon don't do that because that is a rule in the TCG.
>>
>>25385326
>implying Gamefreak cares about the TCG
>implying the TCG wouldn't just update its rules
>>
I can see triple types happening, but instead of the third type being weak to or resistant against things, it just applies to STAB.
>>
>>25385351
It is what brought it to my attention. I had always assumed there had to be pokemon that evolved more than twice, but nope.
>>
I remember I played through the whole first game without realizing dual typing was a thing, I thought it was a Crystal thing
>>
>>25385420
How does TCG treat megas?
>>
Instead of triple types, why not introduce Hidden Types, akin to Hidden Abilities? Certain rare Pokemon have a brand new dual typing, like Milotic being Water/Fairy, or Sceptile being Grass/Dragon, etc.
>>
>>25385377
I've been saying the same thing, and the 3rd type doesn't even have to be limited to being the third type you could give it to anyone. Imagine Golduck staying pure water but actually having a psychic typing for stab. It balances weaker mons without being a fucking headache to figure out weaknesses and resistances.
>>
>>25385949
Smogon would shit itself and ban certain ones because "weh too unpredictable"
>>
>>25384996
>Every new Pokemon in Gen VII evolves into the next
>>
Have something be a double type, like Fire/Fire or Dragon/Dragon. X2 stab, x2 resists, x2 weaknesses
>>
>>25385933
I don't fucking know, I learned about the two evos thing from the fucking GBC TCG game.
>>
>>25385067
>!
>>
>>25385949
I like this
>>
>>25385989
Now your just shitting all over garados, unless they just turned him to water/dragon(like he fucking should be) also mega garados is ugly as fuck.
>>
>>25385964
I support any change that makes smogonfags shit themselves.
>>
>>25384906
More Unown forms, for all the world alphabets
>nothing changes except that
>>
>>25385933
They are evolutions from Pokémon EX. You end your turn when you evolve, except if you have a Spirit Link attached to that Pokémon.
>>
Honestly I thought Lugia was Psychic, Flying, and Water. Perfect Zygarde should be the first triple type desu
>>
>>25384906
I'd only like this if the third type was given via the pokemon's ability.
e.g.
>Yanmega
>Bug/Flying
>Ability - Draconic: this pokemon is also Dragon type

This also means abilities/moves that ignore or remove abilities negate the third typing.
Now the pokemon doesnt feel bloated by having three types; Its more like the pokemon is innately 2 types and must focus on mustering the energies to replicate another typing.

Another example, you could have a Water/Steel steam-based pokemon whose ability makes it also Fire type. Thats because its almost like its having to use a status move to generate a constant Fire typing. Give it Worry Seed and it can't generate heat anymore, but its still make of steel and full of water.
>>
It's strange for a pokemon like dustox to not be flying type.
A lot of pokemon would make more sense with an third typing. But it will never happen, because it makes 8x effectiveness possible and that's just insane.
>>
>>25384906
Isn't it already possible to have temporary triple types by using Trevenant and Gourgeist?
>>
>>25384996
>what are Mega Evolutions
>>
>half of the dex is flying type now
>>
File: Unimpressed Dyke Tiger.jpg (74 KB, 489x489) Image search: [Google]
Unimpressed Dyke Tiger.jpg
74 KB, 489x489
>fusions
>>
so, would it be x6 or x8?
what is the formula?
>>
>>25389009
Totally underrated post. Best idea here.
>>
>there will never be delta species pokemon
I just want Fire/Poison red Arbok dammit

>>25389009
This is a fantastic way of making triple types work.
>>
>>25389009
>Normal/Fighting type whose ability makes it Dark type
>Removing the ability reveals it wasn't bad at heart, like actual Dark types

>Pokemon has ability that makes it Ghost
>Removing the ability turns it solid

>Pokemon based around mage apprentice and shaolin monk have abilities that make then Psychic and Fighting, respectively
>They gain them properly when they evolve since they were learning them before, so they could be bypassed or negated

>Can now generally make pokemon that dont have to compromise a design to fit in two types, such as Dustox (Bug/Poison - Flying), Flygon (Ground/Dragon - Bug), or Lunatone (Rock/Psychic - Fairy)

I'm surprised they haven't done abilities like this sooner. I'd rather these than -ate abilities which right now are overpowered, especially considering they're all given to pokemon who are already of the type the -ate ability changes Normal moves into.
>>
>>25390681
temporary in battle form changes
raindrop castform is not an evolution of normal castform
>>
>>25390967
it would be 8. 2x2x2=8 damage is multipled by weakness, not added, a double super effective hit that would normally deal 10 damage deals 40 and not 30.

although i think they should re work the damage calculators to add effectiveness and put triple type mons in. it would be a good way to balance it while adding more layers to they type matrix.

more dual type moves need to happen
>>
>>25391213
>Shiftry with Aerialate
Oh god yes.
And it makes total sense, with it controlling winds like a Tengu, learning a bunch of wind-based moves as well as its "signature" move being Razor Wind, which is Normal type aka -ate fuel.
>>
>>25391213
>I'd rather these than -ate abilities which right now are overpowered, especially considering they're all given to pokemon who are already of the type the -ate ability changes Normal moves into.
Not until you mentioned it am I now mad that this is the case.
I can see it making sense if the pokemon gained the -ate's typing upon changing form, like Mega Pinsir. But it now feels completely wasted conceptually. May as well give pokemon like Mega Salamence Adaptability.
Its kind of alright for Mega Glalie since its whole shtick is being so cold it freezes everything around it
>>25391310
I seriously want Aerialate Shiftry now.
>>
>>25387154

Nah. Just add the numbers as well as the plus sign, minus sign, multiplication sign and division sign and the period.

Although adding the Greek Alphabet is certainly a good idea!
>>
>>25391760
>ORAS missed out on the chance to give us alpha/omega unown
>>
>>25390676

As well as temporary QUADRUPLE TYPES.

Throw in a natural third type and you have the possibility of 16x effectiveness!

Of course you could also change Infestation to not only deal damage but add the Bug Type.
>>
>remembering when everyone thought Kyurem was going to be triple typed
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.