[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did it get shafted In media? Even Raikou had a special focused
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
Why did it get shafted In media? Even Raikou had a special focused on it
>>
>>25384684

It didn't, Ho-oh is a real legendary

We would ruin it if we gave it too much exposure
>>
>>25384684
>very first legendary seen in the anime
>shafted

It's Ash's white whale. He will forever search for it.
>>
Ho-oh is absolutely perfect and nothing will change that for me. I am pretty sure I used mine in my party back when I was a kid. It had like, Sacred Fire, Flamethrower, Fly and Fire Blast.
>>
Because it is by far the dullest legendary pokemon ever.
>>
Like the other anon said, if anything, in the animé, Ho-Oh is the very definition of a legendary, with Ash only seeing it the one time at the very start of his adventure and that moment being one of the driving forces for his whole journey.

In a sense that aspect alone makes it the most important legendary in non-gaming media.
>>
>>25384684
I fucking love Ho-ohs design, easily best legendary

>>25384914
>a rainbow bird
>dull
Go fuck off, and take your genies with you
>>
>>25384944
The genies are trash as well, as are the Musketeers and the Lake Spirits and the Yin Yang Dragons and the Dimension Dragons and the Lati Duo and the Regigolems.

Fuck, there are so many trash legendaries. How do they so often have such garbage designs?
>>
>>25384998
Ho-oh is not trash
what legendary do you like? The fucking unicorn?
>>
Ho-oh will will rise from the fire again
>>
>>25384684
It became shit after they removed the rainbow glowyness it had when Ash first saw it.

Now it's just a red turkey.
>>
>>25385014
Nope. I just said I didn't like the Musketeers.

The Legendary Birds, the Legendary Beasts, the Mew Duo, Lugia, Celebi, the Weather Trio, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Darkrai and Manaphy, Genesect, the Mortality Duo and Zygarde, Hoopa Confined are all varying from acceptable to good.
>>
Ho-oh is my favorite legendary for this exact reason.

It actually made an impact on me through the series rather than one time movies/specials where legendaries got overexposed.
>>
>>25384772
What kind of idiot runs fly over firespin
>>
>>25384684
>Even Raikou had a special focused on it
Considering the other two in the trio both got their own movies, I'd say he's gotten shafted as well. Not as bad as Ho-Oh, of course.
>>
>>25385183
Someone who wanted to get from point A to point B.
>>
>>25384939
Ash saw Ho-Oh three times, actually.

Once at the beginning of his adventure

The next time when it was heading towards Hoenn. Seeing it encouraged him to get over his loss at the Silver Conference and continue his journey

And then finally after his first loss to Brandon in the Battle Frontier, inspiring him to train and go for a rematch against Brandon.
>>
>>25385183
>running 4 fire-type moves
>not running any secondary STAB

No, anon.
>>
>>25385288
come on man.

That's the joke.
>>
>>25385271
Everytime ho-oh shows up he gets stupid in the next season.
>>
>>25385367
As a kid I was a 4-Fire kinda guy. My Charizard was pimpin. I always needed more fire for the times when I ran out of bigger fire.
>>
>>25385378
Kek
>>
How was it shafted. It is iconic as the golden bird ash saw in the first episode ever of his never ending journey
>>
>>25385378

cleverest shit I've seen all day

ho-oh makes ash retarded
>>
Ho-Oh is a true legend, making specials about him would only ruin him unless they go deep into the lore... The raikou special was shit, articuno (one of my favs) was used by a trainer in the battle frontier, Moltres almost got caught because he was weak and got involved in a shitty episode.

Hell, they even ruined Lugia with that baby Lugia shit, you can't tell me he's the guardian of the ocean and that he can create a storm of 40 days and then dedicate a shitty episode about him (the movie was good).

Oh, they also ruined the dog trio by hinting they are not unique with that shiny shit. Another one I respect a lot, along with Ho-Oh is Zapdos, which rarely appears.

The problem with the anime is they feed you with amazing stories about these legendaries and then they ruin everything. Where is the Moltres that makes the sky turn red? Where is the Articuno that rarely appears to those who get lost in mountains?

Fuck you anime.

(only addressed 1st and 2nd gen as those are my favs)
>>
>>25385378
>Next season
But DPP Ash was at the top of his game.
>>
File: 1443562624067.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1443562624067.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>25385683
>shitty episode
>>
>>25385885
Yeah and what's next? A pidgey killing Arceus? RUINED. Legendaries are ruined.

(Not to mention how Moltres was all friendly IN THAT SHITTY CHRONICLES EPISODE and now pulls that shit on Ash)
>>
>>25385885
Good presentation does not mean a good story.
Look at kingdom hearts.
Amazing Score, some of the best graphics on the ps2, and outstanding art direction. You press x a bunch to win. It's a terrible game, with a story that makes zero sense.
>>
>>25385885
Also that looks like focus sash into a swords dance. Time to sweep with Acrobatics.
>>
>>25385683
>>25384939
>>25384740
>>25384758
Good point
>>
>>25386123
>You press x a bunch to win
Are you retarded you can say that about almost any game
>>
File: 250px-243Raikou.png (58 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-243Raikou.png
58 KB, 250x250
>>25385186
Raikou ugly as fuck tho, like the only part of his design that screams electric is his fur coat

And why the fuck does it look as if it's a sabertooth tiger if it's supposed to be a fucking dog?
>>
>>25388097
>Baiting this hard.

Leave. I don't care if you are just here to trigger my autism. But the next person who calls them dogs because they have 4 legs.... Baaaaaah!
>>
>>25384684
>Ho-oh could have appeared in the Hoopa movie along side Lugia
>didn't.
>>
>>25385943

Two different Moltres, anon. Moltres, like every legendary/mythical save Arceus, is not unique.
>>
>>25388097

The cloud on his back an the thunderbolt shooting out of it doesn't scream electric?
>>
>>25385387
kek that was me. Ember, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Punch. When I got slightly older I decided he would be useful with Fly instead of Fire Punch. Why would I ever need fire spin anyways? Whatever Flamethrower doesn't kill, Ember sure can whittle down in fewer hits and Fire Blast takes care of the bigger ones.
>>
>>25388742
I guess I can see that now, but doesn't really look like a cloud except the end of it. And his face looks something out of gen6.
>>
>>25388444
They ruined them, get over it, this "they are not unique" shit ruined them. Legendaries used to be unique once, then they decided to fuck the lore up for the sake of marketing.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.