[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With X&Y having direct similarities with Red and Blue, Same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: tinfoil.jpg (3 MB, 4418x2036) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil.jpg
3 MB, 4418x2036
Here is a sample piece taken out from the 2016 movie summary

>Will Volcanion and Ash manage to work together and save Magearna while linked together? And what is the true power the "Soul Heart" hides? It's time for the hottest battle in Pokémon history to begin!

The summary mentions about Magearna's true power "Soul Heart". One thing that I remember from Soul and Heart is the HGSS remakes where you see both of these words. HEART gold and SOUL silver. Soul Heart.

>How did HGSS were suddenly dragged into this?
Try opening up the games again and you'll find another fucking resemblance. Both the intro of HGSS, you'll see the moon and sun, in the background as Lugia and Ho-oh appear in the horizon respectively.

>What else?
Pokemon Red = Pokemon X (Red color)
Pokemon Blue = Pokemon Y (Blue color)
Pokemon Gold = Pokemon Sun (Golden Sun)
Pokemon Silver = Pokemon Moon (Silver Moon)

Also just to remind you the similarities of XY to RB

>3 kanto birds
>mewtwo
>kanto starters
>santalune forest is 1:1 representation of viridian forest
>free lapras
>Lumiose city train station similar to saffron city train station
>>
THREAD THEME FOR ALL SUN/MOON THREADS.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6xVdR0h8pQ

Aside from "Golden Sun and Silver Moon," I don't get what she's saying, but the song is hype music.
>>
>>25383713
You forgot to mention the Snorlax flute quest.
>>
Could Mozart still be alive?
>>
>>25383810
SHIIIEEEEET
>>
>>25383713
Also, you missed that Kalos has 111/151 Kanto Pokemon in the region before post-game. Plus another 33 in Friend Safari.
>>
>>25383713
Sun and Moon is really a southern kalos game.
>>
DEEPEST LORE
MUH DICK
>>
>>25383713
And hawaii fags said there are lots of content in XY that pertain to hawaii but completely ignore the clearer ones about southern kalos
>>
>>25383713
Also in the movie summary, It was said that volcanion hides in the Navel Plateau.

So is it some kind of mt. silver?
>>
>everyone is now realizing generations are unofficial groups of games and what they introduce made up by fans
Finally! The closest thing they've EVER done that looks like generations is the coloured Pokédex list in XY and ORAS, which doesn't confirm generations, they just divided them by the bunch they were introduced with. Which, as this thread shows, isn't what fans usually mean by "generation".
So yeah, arguing about this is completely pointless. We could have said gen2 was gen1.5 and gen5 was gen3.5 as well, it would have made sense. And if you're going to say it doesn't make sense, that just because you're not used to it. You would say the same about the numeration we're using if we didn't use it.
Basically, talking about this is pointless
>>
The best argument for Generations being a thing probably needs to look at the engine being used. While stuff like that is ultimately what makes a game compatible or not with other gens (Trading with RGBY is possible in GSC but battling is not due to engine differences), it does give us a clear, undeniable baseline.

I may have my head up my ass in denial, but honestly ORAS broke some new ground. Usually all the secret stuff in a Gen can be datamined out of it in the first games (Giratina and Shaymin's forme changes, all the Mythical Pokémon since the first, Mega Latias and Latios, Kyurem's mmoves) and even when they weren't detectable via hacking (Rotom and Keldeo's form changes) they've always maintained data compatibility with the same games in the same gameplay engine (That is, you can battle against BW with your Resolute Keldeo and your White Kyurem in B2W2 despite neither being in BW).

ORAS was different in that it added new Pokémon forms, moves, and abilities that are specifically NOT compatible with an older game in the same generation.

Given that they can make the games filter new Pokémon and that ORAS can tell if it's battling XY and knows that it's compatible with, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Sun/Moon COULD just add new Pokémon to the dex after Volcanion and we move on from there. They could even add new Legendaries and a few more Mythicals like Magearna, since people were saying that XY had so few new Pokémon. It's possible they were held back for the later games, like how Zorua and Zoroark are unobtainable in BW without an event, making them "Version Exclusive" to B2W2.

But again, I'm full-on delusional so don't listen to me.
>>
Whatever comes after SUMO, it won't have to have any other starters or legendaries from other regions because of ORAS. ORAS will remain the key to completing the Pokedex for 3 more years.

Although the Johto legendaries can make an appearance in SUMO but thats it.
>>
>>25385753
>The best argument for Generations being a thing probably needs to look at the engine being used.
Gen1: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver Crystal
Gen2: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen
Gen3: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black2, White2
Gen4: X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire

I'd be fine with this, but most people wouldn't, and since it's not an official term or numeration it doesn't matter at all.
>>
>Hottest battle in Pokemon history to begin

>HGSS

>Ho-oh
>>
>>25385852
>Gen1: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver Crystal
The introduction of the Dark and Steel types are a major gameplay mechanic alteration that divides RGBY from GSC, making them two distinct generations.
>Gen3: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black2, White2
The addition of Hidden Abilities, Triple and Rotation Battles, and the Pokémon Dream World/Global Link are what separate DPtHGSS from BWB2W2. But I can see that that's straining a bit.

And you're right, it's not an official anything.
>>
>>25385888
The engine has nothing to do with the mechanics though really.
>>
>>25385020
>>25385753

The generations delineation comes from space between starters. Every time there's a new set of starters, that's a new generation. Also new a region for games/Ash.
>>
>>25386080
These are not the only things that have been consistent with what has been called "a generation" by fans, so it's only your point of view on it and thus it matters just about as much as anyone else who stays within the limit I just mentioned.
>>
>>25383815
Fuck mozart man...
>>
I can only hope, Johto and it's remake were the best of the series with great mini games and the pinnacle of post game content.

Even just the phone was great for rematches and interaction, something the other games lacked mostly.
>>
>>25387684
Phoe was the worst. At least in ORAS you can rematch trainers when you want and in XY you have an entire facility just fot battling and rematching
>>
>>25387707
Your opinion is subjectively wrong in relation to my tastes.
>>
How about starting in a south kalos..do some shit and then fly to Hawaii to do some shit with third secret that connects sundial and moondial? Thats why there is a luggage on concept art... It's a airport. Screencap this
>>
>>25387684
>muh /v/ meems

at least play the games you pretend to like, autismo.
>>
>>25387950
what
>>
>>25387950
Yep, he either does it or flat out admit like saying

"hurr I didn't buy those piece of shit [insert meme]"

like he did on the other thread yesterday. It's /v/ consolewar kids (kid) who get banned there, I remember when they went meltdown over fucking Donkey Kong once.
>>
>>25383713
So it's gonna be the south of France or Spain?
>>
>>25388348
I would like to see some Spain, but honestly I don't think it will be in SM.
>>
>>25384498
They're delusional cunts.
Their only hard evidence is the stupid tiki souvenir. Other than that, they insist the license plate and truck mean something, as if every fucking cab in France is blue?
>>
>>25388551
Fucking poofs. As if having Laverre City in kalos meant that kalos was based on Japan.
>>
>>25388811
Game Laverre looks nothing like Japan though
>>
>>25390548
Yes it does
>>
>>25383713
Realizing now that legendaries tend to reflect the region that they're in. Not all of them, but most.
Genesect was the product of the advanced technology found in Gen 5. Ho-oh and lugia reflect the traditional myths that are important to the plot in Gen 2.
So my guess is Magearna will be found in a steampunk/industrial city. Volcanian has some sort of connection to it in the movie and also looks kind of steam punk?
Hawaii or southern Kalos, I'd put money on a steampunk city or maybe steampunk ruins.
>>
>>25390955
>tfw Hawaii has no industry and no way connecting Magearna into the lore.
>>
>>25390874
Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
Don't forget in ORAS,Sootopolis City has flowers liie Flabebe's colors along with AZ's Floette,
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.