[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Customization back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: lsjgkdv.png (2 MB, 2192x876) Image search: [Google]
lsjgkdv.png
2 MB, 2192x876
Customization back?
>>
>>25382909
Currently unknown to us at the moment but I hope not.
>>
>>25383302

Why do you hope not?
>>
>>25383302
>not wanting customization

what do you possibly have to lose by it being in the game
>>
>>25383320
>>25383339
It's stupid and unnecessary. I want my Pokemon game to be about Pokemon.
>>
>>25383302
Hey F you, dude.
>>
>>25383383

You don't have to do it though. There's literally no disadvantage to its inclusion. You'd just be making other people unhappy.
>>
>>25383302
I will never understand this mentality.
>>
>>25382909
Hmm possibly
>>
I hope so, I know a lot of people have been vocal about it.
>>
>>25383441
Don't argue with this faggot. Just call him a faggot and be done with it.

You're a faggot, sir.
>>
>>25383383
you're right anon, GF should take 3 steps back as they always do and brings yet another incomplete shovelmon with 20 or so new pokemon that bring nothing new to the meta
>>
>>25383628
Stoo responding to yourself, faggot.
>>
>>25382909
How about we get some customization right when we choose our gender, and I mean more than skin tone and hair. Hair style and clothing style would be top choice
>>
File: image13.png (616 KB, 726x462) Image search: [Google]
image13.png
616 KB, 726x462
If there is no customization, they I won't even bother with them. Got bored with ORAS and didn't even bother with it after a few days when there was nothing going for it.
>>
>>25384500
There are better games for you to play dress-up in, fag.
>>
Some customization would be great, even better if character proportions were better.
Getting a wider variety of hair options would be good, as well as a No Hat option.
Big thing I want is to wear the ORAS Contest Costume around everywhere.
>>
>>25384500
>autism
>>
>>25383383
>I hate fun, and things should never change because change is bad.
>I'm also probably fat and don't want my RPG game to replicate that fact of my life
>>
Can we get seasons again too?
>>
>>25383383
Yeah id rather my character look like everyone elses character, god I fucking hate individuality, infact they should take out the character entirely.

Actually fuck it! Theres to many pokemon there should only be one pokemon that way its easier to choose
>>
>>25382909
The blue place you've show is a market, thats basically a given. The cloth shop (or whatever) might be the brown one, the one Masuda's pointing his finger at

Allthough if this region isnt connected to Kalos i wouldnt count on customization
>>
>>25384685
>if he dislikes one thing he must dislike the other things even though he said he doesn't
>>
>>25386520
Because people only change their clothes in Kalos
>>
Pretty sure OP is on the money here
>>
>>25384535

women confirmed for autism for caring about their appearance
>>
>>25383302
FUCK YOU
>>
>>25383302
Fuck you
>>
>>25386806
hi friend
>>
>>25382909
I never understood why pokemon aime was a thing that became a "staple", but customization kicked the bucket
they need 2 more nukes
>>
>>25383808
Because Pokémon's about the metagame, right?
>>
>>25383383
Then you don't have to customize your character if you don't like it, spergbort.
>>
>>25386799
I like customization, but I'm not going to throw a bitch fit and not buy a game just because it doesn't have it. That's retarded.
>>
>>25386589
No because GF works like that. Where is the customization in Hoenn? Or following Pokemon in Unova? Or seasons in Kalos?
>>
>>25383383
>I want my Pokemon game to be about Pokemon.

This. I much rather they forget customization forever and take that time to make a BF or a PWT or something like that.
>>
They could not make most of the male clothes JUST-tier. There were so many clothes with the ugliest possible color combinations, I'm sure they were doing it on purpose. I basically had one outfit I always wore, when I tried something different I changed back within 10 minutes every time.
>>
I loved customization, but interviews have already shown that it was a Kalos only feature. After Kalos, we will only ever see it again if they get remakes.

And while that is sad, I am okay with it. The time that goes into making outfits for the player models, and setting up stores across the region for buying the,/graphics for trying everything on and everything that comes with customization, I'm fine with them not spending resources on that, because I foolishly hope the time they would have put into that goes into other aspects of the game.

Much the same way that for me, following pokemon will always be my favorite feature, but it not coming back does not affect my willingness to buy or play the games.

Do I want to change my character's appearance and have my best pokemon bro/sis following along behind me as I explore a new region? Hell yes I do. I'd love it. But I do not get my hopes up for it happening because it is unlikely to. And I'm not upset at its exclusion, just disappointed.

Whatever the time and effort goes into instead will likely be just as cool and interesting a feature, and I look forward to seeing the next unique region feature.
>>
>>25386589
http://nintendoeverything.com/no-trainer-customization-in-pokemon-omega-rubyalpha-sapphire-game-freak-keen-on-keeping-random-encounters/

“In terms of the customization of the trainer, that was really kind of a special thing for the Kalos region, which featured this kind of motif of France and really focused on this beauty and fashion aspect, which is why it was a prominent feature in that game. For this game, we’re focusing on adventuring elements, so we don’t have the actual free customization of the trainer, but you’ll see the items you use throughout the game visually represented; for example, when you’re underwater, you’ll have this little mouthpiece that lets you breathe. So there’s some cool stuff for how your trainer changes clothes and puts on accessories throughout the game.”

“It’s really meant to give unique traits of personalities to the different regions. So with the secret bases, for example, they’re really popular in the Hoenn region. Everything we come up with always tie back into the themes of the games we’re working on, so with the original Ruby and Sapphire we had the theme of richness or abundance, which is in the name of the region: The ‘Ho’ part means richness or abundance in Japanese, and ‘enn’ means bonds, like the bonds between people and their Pokémon, for example. So it’s just reflecting the theme of the individual regions.”

Long story short: Game Freak likes making certain features a thing for certain regions only because it makes them 'special'.

Granted, this was back in 2014, so things COULD change, but I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
In X&Y the customization left me wanting to be able to create a character based off myself.
This will obviously never happen because you would need different story-lines depending on your age.
"I'l be going now mom!"
"Ok honey, bye~~(GOD that useless NEET son of mine finally left"

When I play pokemon it reminds me of myself as a kid playing the games, so the fact that the character is a kid is a kind of self insert thing to me.
Customization is fun, but I wouldn't actually mind if S/M doesn't have it.
>>
>>25389073
No reason why you can't get both,anon.
>>
File: 1444613507990.gif (448 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1444613507990.gif
448 KB, 300x169
>>25382909
>people legitimately hated customization

Bitches are just mad that I got that swag.
>>
>>25389294
>No reason why you can't get both,anon.
Wrong. This is 'every game has to be unique' gamefreak we're talking about. One big feature per game only.
>>
>All these no-hat posters
>Implying RED and BLU(E) didn't make that shit illegal when they secretly took over all the regional governments.
>>
>>25389407
Pokemon amie?
>>
>>25389505
Pokemon amie is a pretty isolated feature desu. The same models and animations are used so there's little reason not to include it. When there's a new hero/heroine the clothes need to be changed since the models and animations are different.
>>
>>25389407
Man that's such a stupid notion.If you want your game to feel unique sit down and think of new and fresh ideas instead of removing established ones that a good number of people love.Why is Masuda still in charge?
>>
>>25389500
>implying blue ever let a hat touch his glorious head

Seriously though, just having the option for no hat would be cool.
>>
File: 1453946902876.jpg (73 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
1453946902876.jpg
73 KB, 600x534
>>25382909
I hope so.
>>
>>25386799
no one on earth bought XY for the customisation more than the fucking pokemon
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.