[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that we've figured out the new region is set in Hawaii,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
Now that we've figured out the new region is set in Hawaii, can we discuss what the legendaries are most likely going to be?

When X and Y were announced we figured out that Xerneas and Yveltal were related to Nordic religion because they were a deer and a wyvern, and even managed to foresee a snake legendary, being Zygarde.

For starters, the legendary duo of Sun and Moon are obviously going to be related to the Sun or the Moon individually. There are four of the highest Hawaiian gods. called Kāne that tribes worshiped, he's considered the "creator", for creating the sun, moon, and stars, and places them in the empty space between heaven and earth.
>>
Fuck off
>>
>>25382381
this
>>
>>25382354
Fuck off, Yggdrasil-fags. You're full of shit.
>>
>>25382354
Get lost gen7fag
>>
>>25382381
>>25382404
Don't tell me, Southern Kalosfags?
>>
This board is literally just two groups of uninformed ingrates flinging shit at each other. Sad.
>>
File: hawaiiconfirmed.jpg (2 MB, 1000x2813) Image search: [Google]
hawaiiconfirmed.jpg
2 MB, 1000x2813
>>25382419
>he still believes there's going to be a gen 6.5
>>
File: angry20muslim20man202.jpg (29 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
angry20muslim20man202.jpg
29 KB, 500x369
BEAHEAD THOSE WHO SAY SM IS GEN 7
>>
>>25382354
>One Hawaiian creation myth is embodied in the Kumulipo, an epic chant linking the aliʻi, or Hawaiian royalty, to the gods. The Kumulipo is divided into two sections: night, or pō, and day, or ao, with the former corresponding to divinity and the latter corresponding to mankind. After the birth of Laʻilaʻi, the woman, and Kiʻi, the man, the man succeeds at seducing and reproducing with the woman before the god Kāne has a chance, thereby making the divine lineage of the gods younger than and thus subservient to the lineage of man. This, in turn, illustrates the transition of mankind from being symbols for the gods (the literal meaning of kiʻi) into the keeper of these symbols in the form of idols and the like. The Kumulipo was recited during the time of Makahiki, to honor the god of fertility, Lono.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaiian_religion#Deities
>>
>>25382354
When exactly did we figure out the new region was Hawaii?
Got I hate this new normie/Hawaiifag mix breed
>>
>>25382648
see >>25382447
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4418x2036) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4418x2036
Sun moon is inexplicably gen 7 but it isn't based on Hawaii but rather southern kalos
You Hawaiifags are grasping at rainbows trucks and flowers
Southern kalos actually has validity
>>
File: image.jpg (313 KB, 369x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313 KB, 369x1440
Hawaii region would complement those supposed leak very well
>>
> the legendary duo of Sun and Moon
what will mega ho-oh and mega lugia look like
>>
See, told you the "Norse myth is totally related to France, because muh wolf dogs and rainbows" vermin wouldn't give up.
>>
If the Unova legends were based on A French book, and the Kalos legends were based on Norse myth, why the hell do you think the legendaries in a supposed Hawaii region would have to based on Hawaiian lore?
>>
>>25382807
The last four on this list expected to be the legendaries have contradicting types just like the trio of kalos
South. Kalos.
>>
>>25382910
If by contradicting types you mean "Xerneas fucks Yveltal and Zygarde regardless of abilities" and "Zygarde doesn't do shit to Yveltal" then yes
>>
>>25382807
>actually thinking that a list with no starters or legends related to the sun and moon is real

The people who keep posting this are worse than the people who keep debating what gen the games are.
>>
>>25382820
Solrock and Lunatone.
>>
>>25382807
This leak is fake anyway
>if someone had access to this much info more info would be leaked
>Wouldn't have been leaked straight after magearna
>Would've got magearnas name correct
It's magearna in Japanese too
>Pokedex was leaked to fit the ideal of expected Pokemon z
>If a fake leak fits your theory then your theory is no canonical
>>
>>25382985
That's because there will be no new starters
>>
>>25382807
>Bed Pokemon
Fucking what.
>>
>>25382706
But the Tiki's (Strange Souvenir) description says it is from a place far from Kalos.
If the tiki is actually related to Sun/moon, it wouldn't be southern Kalos, cause that obviously wouldn't be "far away" from Kalos
>>
>>25383074
Game freak has made hints very far into the future before the strange suvinier "tiki" could be referencing something yet to come that isn't sun moon
>>
>>25383103
Ok. I'm just a faggot giving my two cents. I'll be lurking
>>
>>25382807
If this verifies Hawaii where's the starters?
If anything this leak verifies south kalos.
>>
South of France is a very resort like area GF can take inspiration from Hawaii to give southern kalos a Hawaiian feel so it feels like a fresher new game rather than a straight up sequel
Calem can also be seen in the direct running through kiloude city (southern kalos) why show of XY with an area that technically isn't really in the region? If you want to show off XY you use lumiose the big attraction in kalos not the obscure kiloude city
GF is giving us a direct nod to southern kalos in this but trying to make it feel new so it doesn't disappoint any 20th aniversary hype
How can it "all come together" in a completely new region never explored
All the loose ties can only come together with south kalos with its Hawaiian style
>>
>>25382706
>grasping at straws
>posts "muh zygarde colorz" meme
>no explanation for rainbow liscense plate and yellow firetrucks
>>
>>25382807
I remember this being leaked before the SM announcement so i'm hyped as fuck.
>>
>>25382984
By contradicting types
Volcanion water fire
Hoopa psychic ghost
They're first and second types contradict each other a trend in this "leak"
>>
File: 1456600537250.jpg (54 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
1456600537250.jpg
54 KB, 500x263
It'd be nice if we had new starters and a new region, but I'm thinking that it most likely be Southern Kalos. It seems the most logical conclusion given the trend of Black/White sequels, the Poke-Fusion (Ashgreninja), the Zygarde Forms still being used, and the in-game hints to another area of Kalos in XY.

Hawaii/Island style pokemon would be very nice, but I'm starting to believe it's not going to happen. How else is all Zygarde weird forms and Frokie Frog Fusion going to all fit in a new region away from Kalos?
>>
>>25383333
GF has taken inspiration from other places before
Does France have specific blue taxis?
GF has done this to make the south kalos more resort like as how it is in the real world
>>
>>25382807
So this is confirmed?
http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/25226694/
Check the date, it was posted like 12 days before the logos.
>>
(Strange Souvenir) description says it is from a place far from Kalos.
If the tiki is actually related to Sun/moon, it wouldn't be southern Kalos, cause that obviously wouldn't be "far away" from Kalos
>>
hawai'i has 11 of the 13 different climatic zones, coul work for a pokemon region
>>
>>25383550
ORAS literally being depicted as a new adventure and new place
Who's to say GF doesn't classify south kalos far away they're not exactly going to say it's from nearby just a little south
It might not even be sun moon related GF likes playing the long con and hinting at stuff way in the future your Hawaii gen could be 8th gen.
>>
>Hawaiifags grasping at tikis <3
>>
File: 1305587239236.jpg (4 KB, 145x130) Image search: [Google]
1305587239236.jpg
4 KB, 145x130
>>25382447
>mfw I noticed him
>>
>>25383689
are we still grasping at tikis?

>>25382447
>>
>>25383620
As if that is a factor. They just add new biotopes when needed. The New York, France and many of the Japanese regions had deserts, and so on.
>>
>>25383689
Sun and Moon reveal video literally showed a Vivillion with the Hawaii wing design on it. What the fuck is wrong with you retards.
>>
File: trash.jpg (232 KB, 778x1008) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
232 KB, 778x1008
>>25382807
>thread
>sheet
>bed
>shield
>lance

This better be fake
I don't want another Unova
>>
>>25383459
No. However, it would be impressive if he had mentioned that the titles would be Sun and Moon before the titles were leaked. There was no information given in that thread that revealed anything that we've learned about Sun and Moon so far.
>>
>>25384325
The description of the pokemon listed look very tropical despite the fact it was "leaked" way before we knew it would be Hwaii
Coincidence?
>>
>>25384347
>Coincidence?
I think so.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.