[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /vp/ feel about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: cover_large.jpg (174 KB, 600x537) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
174 KB, 600x537
How does /vp/ feel about this?
>>
Pwned Pokemon so hard that it was forgotten so fast after its release while Pokemon is as alive as ever.
>>
File: jhkj.png (223 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
jhkj.png
223 KB, 600x600
Don't care
>>
>>25373757
No.
>>
>>25373757
I don't really know anything about it, but those red and white cat things are adorable.
>>
>>25373757
I'm pretty hyped for it. Anime is fun, even if it wasn't what I expected at all.
>>
>>25373757
Tried the demo. The over world was refreshing, but the battle mechanics weren't very compelling to me.

Are there branching/evolving lines of Yokai, or is every single one standalone?
>>
>>25373757
I have a copy. I don't play it very much though.
>>
So when is this coming to Europe?
>>
>>25374473
April 29th apparently
>>
>>25374782
Fuck. Oh well, we're used to waiting.
>>
>>25373757
fun, but RNG is a bitch for recruitment. Doesn't have much staying power after you defeat Infinite Inferno or Orcanos, the strongest Oni and boss of the game if you aren't gonna collect them all.
>no online
Localizing the first game was a mistake
>>
>>25373757
Played it for a bit, it got boring so fast.
I only got to the Dark Hour-ish part of the game
>>
>>25374439
There's some fusions going on, but evolutions are relatively linear. And no, yo-kai do not evolve into recolors
>>
>>25374869
no online?
Also aren't they a bit fucking late considering the third game is due out this year?
>>
>>25374950
no online as in no PvPing people online or trading until the second game.
Very late. Two years to localize the first game (three for Europe). Hino states that it shouldn't take another two years for the second one to come though.
>>
>>25375064
They'll catch up quickly assumedly, it would be a shit decision not to. how successful even is it in 'Merica?
>>
>>25374105
Kek, I loved how it was described as a "Pokemon killer" yet obviously isn't the case.
>>
>>25375099
Anime/toys seem to be doing good enough to warrant a second season for dub (27+ episodes).
Vgcharts says game did 100k since it's release, but guys from NPD said numbers went around 195k or so for November/December, with November getting at least 71k, so average? I'm not sure how successful third party games must be to warrant success, since they always sell less than first party games on nintendo consoles.
>>
>>25375108
Advertising never said it was a pokemon killer though. It literally came from articles needing clicks and saw numbers in JP before researching said numbers
>>
>>25375140
Seems very average, I wonder if Europe/UK will boost it up much. It always seemed too Japanese to translate well.
>>25375160
Nintendo seems to want to push it so it can't be that much of a threat in Nintendo's eyes
>>25375160
>>
I'm fairly indifferent to it, but I honestly couldn't believe so many people were saying it was going to take pokemon's popularity.
>>
>>25373757
I love it. but it's more about characters being cute than edgy
>>
>>25375313
More weird/funny than cute. But there are some really cute ones.
>>
It has some sexy designs, but they're incorporeal right?
>>
>>25375398
They are corporeal (can eat food, lift objects, get hit by cars etc) but are normally invisible.
>>
>>25375398
probably not 100%, considering Keita/Nate beats Whisper/Jibanyan around with a paper fan from time to time
>>
>>25375440
Really, they're corporeal whenever it would lead to slapstick.
>>
>>25373757
The same thing I think about every level 5 game. HINT: cute boys
>>
File: 1418543168508.jpg (21 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
1418543168508.jpg
21 KB, 700x479
>Level 5

Only legitimately non disappointing game they made was Dark Cloud 2.
>>
>>25373757
I liked it a lot but it had some problems with how bullshit the catch rates where. It also lacked multiplayer/trading and the post game didn't keep me interested for too long
I hear the sequel is better in every way though. So I'll definitely get that if it's brought over.
>>
>>25375751
>Layton
>disappointing
???
>>
>>25373757
Originally somewhat excited then found some footage and looks like garbage.
>>
File: 43928472_p1_master1200.jpg (94 KB, 369x454) Image search: [Google]
43928472_p1_master1200.jpg
94 KB, 369x454
>>25375398
>>25375434
This, means that ghosts can be groped
>>
>>25373757
I barely know anything about it. But from what I've heard, I'm sort of torn.

I like the idea of youkai getting more attention in the west. But I don't like the westernization of it to do so.

Also feels like it's pussifying them a bit. Like when fairies are depicted as tiny winged women. Don't patronize the kids, show them kappas sucking souls out of kids' asses.
>>
>>25377913
>pussifying
Seems more like kids in Japan are more easily scared. One episode got some serious flak from adults for scaring kids, and all it contained was vampire cat assimilating an army of vampires sharing his heaf
>>
>>25378149
Was it Strawberry Generation? Look that up
>>
>>25373757
Seems the rest of /vp/ tends to backlash at it (not that I blame them, I was there when YW got spammed all over this board), but from what I've seen it might be like Pokémon fully realized.
>the video games are chock full of bros/sisses with a few waifu-/husbando-worthy ones if you're into that sorta thing
>Level 5 aren't afraid to go crazy with the designs
>on top of that, they're capable of doing so without going full Digimon (i.e, impractical/detrimental spikes/drills/weaponry/etc. plastered all over)
>actual challenging postgame aside from completing your monster encyclopedia
>gameplay emphasizes how powerful Legendaries are by making them, well, powerful
>anime is legitimately entertaining, even with how formulaic it may seem at times
>anime/vidya integration feels far less forced
>>
>>25378395
seems like Strawberry Generation is the equivalent of millenials here, so most likely.
>>
>>25374835
Preach.
>>
>>25378562
>>25374835
Why not import from Australia?
>>
>>25378149
There was a whole komasan taxi episode lecturing gabunyan for scaring kids, even if he did not mean to do so
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.