[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sun and moon is south kalos gen 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1340x1485) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1340x1485
Did anyone else notice how in the release trailer for sun and moon when it got to X/Y Calem could be seen running throu kiloude city which is in south kalos. GF didn't choose this by coincedince if they wanted to use something that really showed off the game why not lumiose the main city and biggest attraction? They clearly used kiloude as it is a small hint towards south kalos which GF loves to do. This just adds to the list of reasons
Rip Hawaiifags
>>
This Gen 6.5 vs Hawaiifags thing is so hilarious
>>
>>25373370
It'll be hilarious when the Hawaiifags get BTFO and we can all go back to our good south kalos 7th gen game
>>
>>25373336
The building with a Horsea fountain is definitely a train station judging by the lady with a luggage. The building also looked similar to the ones found in Kiloude. Gen 6.5 (or rather GSC-bis) is looking more and more plausible with each passing day.
>hawaiifags will try to deny this
>>
>>25373518
she could just be a random kalosian tourist, and I don't see anything on the building that resembles any sort of a train station. Based off the illustrations of the pokemon, it seems more like a shop to me

and it really does resemble the layout of FRLG cerulean more than anything else
>>
>>25373582
>and it really does resemble the layout of FRLG cerulean more than anything else

how, because of a fucking fountain?
>>
File: palm trees confirmed.jpg (90 KB, 696x398) Image search: [Google]
palm trees confirmed.jpg
90 KB, 696x398
>>25373336
>GF didn't choose this by coincedince if they wanted to use something that really showed off the game why not lumiose the main city and biggest attraction?
definitely agree with this. Lumiose in particular was a big thing for Pokemon and how big and populated it is. so if you want to show off XY in the best way, that is the place to choose.
Kiloude really isn't a very outstanding place, looks wise. It's special as a post-game location but that's about it
>>
>>25373518
>>25373518
Hawaiifags saying its a water gym when there's clearly someone standing there with luggage
Also the other building in the trailer that looked like some sort of borek hints it's south France (French riviera) since south France islands is riddled with resorts and is costal too explaining the sailboat and wingull
>>
>>25373518
>The building with a Horsea fountain is definitely a train station judging by the lady with a luggage.

Are you fucking retarded?
You can see the beach behind
Its a hotel
>>
>>25373370
Most people agree that Sun and Moon are Gen 7 games, the debate it's about where the game region will be based on. So it's actually Southern France/Spainfags vs. Hawaiifags (with some Singaporefags trying to be relevant)

The ones who say it's Gen 6.5 are either completely delusional or shitposting.
>>
>>25373602
Including the fact not many casual players would've really seen much use in kiloude city especially if they stopped playing after the Pokemon league making it one of the more obscure options for the big 20th anniversary direct
>>
>>25373650
yeah, new pokemon in pokedex = new gen.
"gen 6.5" were ORAS.

also, southernfrance all the way
>>
GF clearly uses this bright airy resort like depiction of kalos to link to the coastal resort style concept art shown in the 6 seconds we see of sun moon development so the link can be made for the hardcore fans but for the normies it's a bright shiny new game
This will result in most sales since the normies want new gens new Pokemon and new areas and even though south kalos will be new to them it will seem like they have been cheated
GF played this one very well
>>
>>25373650
gen 6.5 = southern france / spain dummy

the dex size will also be important, if they stick to only 50-70 new Pokemon one can argue that it's not really a new gen but an extension of an existing one
>>
>>25373786
"one can argue"
NOPE.jpg
new pokemon in pokedex = new gen
there's no exception.
>>
>>25373786
But it's a literal new generation of Pokemon + new area gyms hopefully new legendaries
Gold silver and crystal were gen 2 for the same reasons but we're also able to get back to kanto
It will be the same with this game it's gen 7
>>
>>25373837
Ah, so I guess Pokémon Gales of Darkness was Gen 4, then. :^)
>>
>>25373786
All I care about is what happens with Zygarde. I hope Corocoro at least lets us know we can get the alternate forms in Sun/Moon.

It hurts seeing snek bro treated like this.
>>
>>25373872
oh yeah because a sneak preview of TWO mons, one of them not even playable, is a TOTALLY NEW POKEDEX.
you're so delusional it's almost funny~
>>
>>25373786
I want this gen 6.5 meme to fucking die. Did you call gen 2 "gen 1.5" as well you retard?
>>
>>25373901
I'm hoping zygardes forms aren't treated as an anime exclusive and in sun/moon there's just an event or an item given to you to use his forms like they did with hoopa
Snek bro deserves more
>>
It also can't be Hawaii cause in the direct it said it all comes together with sun and moon
Which meant to me all loose ends in X and y will be tied up and you can only do that with southern kalos
20 years of Pokemon can't all come together in a completely new region with new everything it's nonsensical
>>
Wait...

This anon here got me thinking >>25374063

What if this new region is not only connected to the events of Kalos (as well as physically) but also links to the storylines of Hoenn, Sinnho (Distortion World) and Unova (original dragon) while being a perfect mirror of Jhoto and Kanto?

That'd be too much to ask, but remember the games need to be BIG.
20th anniversary for fucks sake.
>>
>>25374063
It sounds to me like you're grasping at straws.

Just let whatever it is happen

Until CoroCoro proves me wrong or right, right now my fingers are crossed for Gen 7.
>>
>>25375910
This would be really amazing for the 20th aniversary but recently it seems that Pokemon fans have better ideas than GF itself so although this would be great I don't see GF being that clever as they still see their main demographic as younger children, although this is changing
>>
File: 65475445568768.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
65475445568768.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>25373336
I don't think the new region will be South Kalos. It will be a region that's very far away but still has close ties to Kalos.
>>
>>25374063
Man you really shouldnt take everything they say literally.

You probably thought ORAS was a "brand new world" too
>>
>>25373336
>>25376716
Either there's hawaii + travel to kalos
Either there's just hawaii (most probable)

Anyway, the hawaii part is already confirmed by teaser
>>
>>25376761
Nothing is confirmed yet. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 251x251
>>25373336
>southkalosfags being this delusional
>>
>>25373602
How about the other locations? Gen II is represented with the route east from azalea, I don't even remember the number. Gen III, IV and V are random too, the only easily recognizable place is pallet from R/B.
>>
>>25376761
Confirmed by flowers and trucks and a cameo from a vivillion
>>
Southkalosfags can shove kalos in their asses, people who can not accept the changes are the worse, go play smash bros melee fags.
>>
File: wowo.jpg (675 KB, 1630x1433) Image search: [Google]
wowo.jpg
675 KB, 1630x1433
>>25376787
Come on senpai
Even you cant be that deluded
>>
>>25376998

Not that anon but all you have is license plate, truck and flowers.

Meanwhile south kalos has anons are actually connecting the dots in terms of themes, legendaries, regional bird and post game.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4418x2036) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4418x2036
Hawaiifags should stop whining
>>
>>25376887
I thought Driftveil Drawbridge was also very recognizable.
>>
>>25376998
There's way more evidence supporting the South Kalos thing.
Your dumb truck and license plate pale in comparison.
But anything is possible, until we got further information. I won't ever deny that.
>>
>>25377079
Hawaiifags will never learn southern kalos will be Hawaii like as its a resort full of hotels (French riviera) that's why all the concept art looks so Hawaiian but it's not Hawaii.
>>
>>25377088
Not a hawaiifag but this image has way less shit going on for it than the hawaii theory
>>
>>25377134
>There's way more evidence supporting the South Kalos thing.

Except these are evidences taken from XY games, while all the Sun/Moon teaser evidences lead to Hawaii
The most probable hypothesis is that South Kalos was planned for Z but the game was scrapped for whatever reason and they skipped directly to Gen 7
>>
>>25377215
All the Hawaii theory has got is cars
Does France have specifically blue taxis?
It's just a design maybe they favoured it for its bright colours but south kalos withstands in the aspects that matter
>>
>>25377079
>all you have is license plate, truck

Aka half of what is shown in the teaser
Do you really think these license plates and yellow firefighter truck are a coincidence?
>>
>>25377298
Hawaiian inspired since southern France is coastal and resort like? They use all this "Hawaii" symbolism as a marketing ploy so normies hint it's new everything when it's just south kalos.
>>
>>25377355
Putting a lot of hints for a Hawaii based region then turning around and just having it be South Kalos seems like a stupid 'twist'.
>>
>>25377473
Casual players aren't assuming Hawaii though
They are just assuming gen 7 new region everything all shiny and new that's what they want to hear.
>>
File: Karthago_Tophet.jpg (668 KB, 1401x1868) Image search: [Google]
Karthago_Tophet.jpg
668 KB, 1401x1868
>>25377298

Yes it's coincidence because "loud" colored transportation and civilian service vehicles are not uncommon to established island communities.

>>25377253

The biggest pieces of evidence favoring south kalos is the Balearic Islands and Carthage Religion that supports moon and sun deities in spain and north africa.

Seriously the fucking logo for pokemon moon matches the symbol for the moon goddess Tanit.
>>
>regions have to be in the exact locations of real world places
Why can't it just be a Hawaii/Spain mix?
>>
>>25373336
who's to say we can't get a Hawaii- inspired Sevii islands thing as part of the game? Anything is possible with how little is said. we could get South Kalos AND Hawaii.
>>
>>25377253
Ever heard of the term red herring, anon?
>>
>Sign the petition! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/challenge-for-pokemon-sun-moon
Want a game that's actually challenging? Not just super easy like gen 6
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.