[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im sure Sun and Moon are generation 7 however i truly believ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: sunmoonz.jpg (205 KB, 1285x670) Image search: [Google]
sunmoonz.jpg
205 KB, 1285x670
Im sure Sun and Moon are generation 7 however i truly believe Zygarde isnt done yet unless we believe GF started producing anime exclusive mons (and that would mean

As we all know Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde and his formes come from norse mythology. What else comes from Norse Mythology?
Sol (female) personified Sun and Mani (male) personified Moon. Siblings chased by children of Fenrir (Zygrde dog) and eventually devoured by them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B3l_%28sun%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ni

Whats even more interesting are Zygarde unreleased moves
>Thousand Waves
Thats pretty clearly related to Moon
>Thousand Arrows
Thats not so clear untilll you'll find what arrow symbolises
"Through history, the arrow has also symbolized war, power, swiftness, THE RAYS OF THE SUN, knowledge"

There's one more thing. Zygarde is a Ground type and both game and the anime makes show him as the protector of nature and ecosystem. So maybe he's the symbol of Earth.

Sun, Moon and Earth. Maybe Zygarde is a third legend for both Xerneas+Yveltal and Sun and Moon mascots. It also has Red (Y), Blue (X) and Orange (Sun?) and light Blue (Moon?) on chis chest
>>
>>25369758
>Im sure Sun and Moon are generation 7
Disagreed. I think they'll still be gen 6 so Zygarde can make use of the signature moves that are programmed in XY but not yet available.

>however i truly believe Zygarde isnt done yet
Agreed.

I realized that thing with Thousand Waves and the moon controlling tidal waves earlier today too, even though it may be a coincidence.
>>
>>25369782
Not OP but I feel like this is Gen 7 based on the way the Direct was presented and phrased. If it was just another game for this Gen then all the fanfare feels a bit forced, even if it's for the anniversary. A new Gen seems like something they'd hype up like this. Besides, if they were Gen 6 then there'd be no reason for you to not be able to transfer RBY mons into the other Gen 6 games. And if it was a Zygarde game we should have gotten more than a reveal trailer, it would have shown Zygarde in his new form since we've known about it for months and about Gen 6 for years so there's no need for such secrecy. I do feel like after the rushed development of all the Gen 6 games GF requested a year off from Ninty and they scrapped Z to work more on Gen 7 and actually have a completed game for the new Gen. Since all other Pokemon media is derivative of the games the anime and other media already had plans made for the new Zygarde form and such so they just had to keep on trucking with those even though they wouldn't actually be featured in a game until well after their reveal and appearance. Or it could be Gen 6 still, but I find that far less likely but still a possibility.

I think we can all agree that whatever they had planned for Zygarde is still on the table, even if his planned game is not.
>>
>>25369905
See i wouldnt be so sure if they scrapped anything. Why?
Remember the backpacker and strange souvenir? To me its pretty clear this is what they planned from the very beggining.

The question stands: Are Zygarde forms something created simply for the anime just to close some loose ends (that would be bad) or has GF planned something for Zygarde (and 6 gen loose ends) in this upcoming 7 gen games?

There's a lot of points (first post and more) to speculate its the latter
>>
>>25369758
There's no way this isn't gonna have something for Zygarde. Unless they plan on either

1. Making it so the third of a trio gets shafted every time, never getting any spotlight beyond anime/tcg/other side stuff attention

2. Dropping trios, and only making it duos from now on.
>>
Couldn't it be something like Gen 6.5?
They know full well the roster is getting out of hand so Gen 6 wasn't that large on additions.

Therefore they could make another small roster upgrade and realize both old setups and new things in the same game.

Kinda like Black and White 2, but a couple steps further.
>>
>>25369758
Zygarde isn't done, because SM are gen 6.5. It might have a couple new pokemon,m but the sun legendary will be Volcanion and the moon legendary will be Mageara. Third legendary will be complete Zygarde.
>>
File: 674967396.png (197 KB, 461x461) Image search: [Google]
674967396.png
197 KB, 461x461
>>25370227
>>
>>25370227
why would an underwater volcano represent the sun?
>>
>>25369758
That may be because I'm French, but Thousand Arrows clearly make me think of the sun, however I'm not sure how Thousand Waves relates to the moon? Tides?
>>
>>25369934
There's something planned for Zygarde definitely, I agreed with you there. What I'm speculating is if Z was meant to happen but it got scrapped too late for the other media to make relevant changes so they're reworking what would have been in Z into the Gen 7 games in some capacity. I feel that this whole business has been very odd and not what was originally envisioned at the outset of Gen 6, but they're trying to remedy that by putting something Zygarde related into the new Gen. Might have been a fuck up on communicating the idea on my end. Sorry.

Either way we won't know for sure until the games are out or GF decide to tell us in detail what the fuck is going on.
>>
>>25370245
High tide low tide that happens by the moon and they make waves I suppose.
>>
>>25370233
Because he hasn't been used yet, so instead of creating an event after the game's lifetime is over they will recycle it into a new boxart legendary.
>>
>>25370227
box legendaries are usually "cool" pokemon, because it's a fucking childrens game

volcanion could work, but magearna falls in the "cute" category, so it's not them
>>
Oh and the anime shows Zygarde core being healed by or regenerated by the sun
>>
>>25371429
The Anime is non-canon to the Games.
They are two completely different timelines and Universes.
>>
>>25371467
>The Anime is non-canon to the Games.

Only in terms of story. But it's very canon in terms of the Pokemon's abilities. They get reference sheets from the developers of the games.
>>
>>25369758
No. Inaccurate information.
Zygarde is only the protector of Kalos (region) ecosystem.
>>
>>25371479
The Anime series shouldn't be taken seriously.
>>
>>25371517
Just like mega evolutions were supposed to be Kalos-only right? Come on anon, GF bullshits all the time
>>
>>25371479
>it's very canon in terms of the Pokemon's abilities
Remember that time God was bitchslapped by a meteor and Greninja turned into a reverse Ash Gijinka?
>>
File: Pkm-Sun-Moon-Concept-Art-1.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pkm-Sun-Moon-Concept-Art-1.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>25369758

>Trailer specifically mentions "It all comes together in Sun and Moon."

Calling it, we're not getting all the regions but we are gonna be able to travel to certain places in the regions by car shown in the concept art. Trip to Kalos will cover Zygarde stuff.
>>
>>25371479
>it's very canon in terms of the Pokemon's abilities

How do I OHKO Geodude with Pikachu's electricity in the games? Or how do I aim thunderbolt at Rhydon's horn to deal damage?
>>
>>25372153
this.
Masuda said they were wanting to tie things together in unique ways. to expect a Z from the beginning was pointless.
>>
File: moon and sun 2d.jpg (193 KB, 1042x656) Image search: [Google]
moon and sun 2d.jpg
193 KB, 1042x656
>>25369758
Thousand Waves/Arrow definitly proves Zygarde is linked to Sun and Moon

You can also find a reference to these two moves on this official art of what will be the box mascot of the next two games
Pic related
>>
>>25372153
>but we are gonna be able to travel to certain places in the regions
This shit may work in Uncharted but not in a pokemon game
Be only able to visit tiny part of countries scattered all over the world make zero sense in an open world

>by car shown in the concept art.
Can't wait to go from Hawaii to France, from France to NYC and from NYC to Japan using my beloved car...
>>
>>25369945
If they seriously plan to not give Zygarde a spotlight in the main games, they need to quit legendary trios. It's a tease and waste.

I wouldn't be happy if that's the route they're going though. Though, I still really feel Sun and Moon will handle whatever we needed Z for, for Zygarde
>>
>>25369758

I agree with you OP. Sun and Moon are undoubtedly gen 7, but I refuse to believe that Zygarde's other forms are just gonna be forgotten about. This is why I believe this region, whatever it is, will have a close relationship to Kalos, and possibly allow us to travel there in the aftergame, or maybe even as a part of the main story.
>>
>>25370227
I know you're shitposting, but mythicals are never box legends.
>>
>>25374033
Yeah, sure, after SM are released they'll go "ohhh, we have some sweet new legendaries for your XY games!"

They don't care about XY, Volcanion and Magearna will be officially available only in SM.
>>
>>25374311
Volcanion will be for ORAS, Gen 6 is still here till December
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.