[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your theory on leaving gen 6 unfinished like that? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: fred.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
fred.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
What is your theory on leaving gen 6 unfinished like that? Are they finally going to going full jew on pokemon and leave everything unfinished because they fucking can?
>>
>>25367980
>leaving gen 6 unfinished

[citation needed]
>>
File: 1455561635180.png (62 KB, 249x234) Image search: [Google]
1455561635180.png
62 KB, 249x234
>>25367987
Enough. You're gonna live with shit and that's that
>>
>>25367980
>not creating moderately altered remakes to sell at full price is a sign of jewing

oy vey
>>
>>25368014
Well i heard it gets bigger when you pull on it
>>
>>25367987
>Volcanion unreleased
>AZ's Floette unreleased
>every Zygarde forme unreleased
Ash Greninja is probably a Gen 7 gimmick, tho.
>>
>>25368021
I prefer sequels than leaving everything in the dust and going straight to another filler shit tier games. Its no exception here, if you think otherwise you are more deluded than "gen 6 is not over fags"
>>
>>25367980
Define unfinished
>>
>>25368039
All all of those points you posted is exactly why gen 6 is continuing. With Sun/Moon.
>>
>>25368039
>Volcanion unreleased
That can happen any time this year
>Az's Floette unreleased
Can happen any time this year
>Every Zygarde form unreleased
Likely for SM, unless Z really does happen
>>
>>25368031
HMMmm.
>>
My theory is X/Y having too few new pokemon put the anime in a really shitty position since they've blown through showcasing the new ones. Also GameFreak reaped huge rewards with BW and, as always, are shy about launching games early into the next latest & greatest hardware.

2016 (holiday): Moon / Sun (3DS)
2018 (spring): Moon2 / Sun2 (3DS)
2019 (holiday): Gen VII (next handheld)
>>
>>25368057
>Sundial
>AZOTH
>Volcanion
>fucking zygarde forms
>powerplant
>southern kalos mentioned several times
>>
Zygarde Core absorbs energy from the sun in the anime. Pokemon Z will probably be part of Pokemon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>25368091
>can happen any time this year
Not while they're doing monthly legendary giveaways they can't. Those'll be running through to at least December.
>>25368068
The timing of the monthly giveaways does make the Gen 6 theory hold water, but if so, why can't we transfer RBY mons to XY and ORAS? They should be compatible.
>>
>>25368041
And how is the start of a new generation considered filler?
>>
>>25368180
So does Budew. nice fucking logic, bruh
>>
>>25368201
>why can't we transfer RBY mons to XY and ORAS? They should be compatible.

My guess is that they had to make new code for gen 1.pkm files to be converted to gen 6.pkm files (different IVs and all) and they don't want to patch XYORAS. The site says you can't "directly" bring gen 1 Pokemon to Sun/Moon, so I think that might suggest there's an indirect way by putting it in Sun/Moon first and then trading to XY/ORAS.
>>
>>25368209
RS, DP and XY all were mediocre. Emerald and Platinum are the highlights of this franchise when it comes to main line games.

What does stop them here to not finish Sun/Moon aswell? Because they can do whatever they want and no one seems to care.
>>
>>25368229
>The site says you can't "directly" bring gen 1 Pokemon to Sun/Moon
The site says you can't "directly" bring gen 1 Pokemon to XY/ORAS*
>>
>>25367980
Am I the only one that doesnt care
>>
>>25368229
>>25368244
>The site says you can't "directly" bring gen 1 Pokemon to XY/ORAS
I'm STILL confused as to what that means exactly.
>>
>>25368622
You get a gen 1 pokemon.
Your put it in the bank.
You can't put it in gen 6.
You can put it in sun/moon.

Gen 1 is completely different than Gen 6. Literally everything from EVs to the color of pokemon is completely changed at this point. That's actually why pokemon couldn't transfer from G/S/C to R/S/E.

And that's why it's such a big deal. With this gen, they "solved" that unsolvable issue apparently. A lot of people say "Oh, well it's obvious they're just going to convert all the stats into ones like we have now!"

But if that was the case, they wouldn't have had problems transferring before.

This is why us Gen 7 fags think that's good supporting evidence for new mechanics.
>>
>>25368668
tl;dr
>>
>>25368748
Not even him, but fuck you and eat shit.

Short enough for you faggot?
>>
>>25368778
stop swearing please
>>
>>25367980
they can get away with minimum effort and people STILL buy their games

no hard mode
basically zero postgame in x/y
no proper battle frontiers for oras
no re-challenging gyms
>>
>>25368668
Hopefully they remove IVs, natures can be kept, but I wouldn't miss them if they were gone
>>
>>25368845
You described gen7 in a nutshell already.
>>
File: Niggersvy tho.png (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Niggersvy tho.png
421 KB, 1280x720
>>25368845
>Literally almost, if not, every two precursor games that exists has this.

Fuck off, you picky faggot.
>>
>>25368668
That's what I was thinking, new stat system that translates well from both the Gen 1+2 format and Gen 3 onward system.
>>
>>25368898
so you're saying that gf PURPOSELY leaves out content so people will repurchase what is essentially the same game?
>>
>>25368668
That doesn't make any sense because they also confirmed gen 6 Pokemon can be transferred to Sun/Moon.

It's just new shit that only works with Sun/Moon the same Dream Radar was new shit that only works with BW2.

And the "directly" part, like I already said, might imply that there's an indirect way to put gen 1 Pokemon in XYORAS.
>>
>>25368241
>games aren't finished unless there's some obligatory slightly better version
Stay delusional
>>
Gen VI was awful. They're doing the right thing.
>>
>>25369167
GenVI brought life to a dying franchise.
>>
>>25369204
No, that was Gen V
>>
>>25369109
Sorry I'm late, but...
It does make sense. If they changed mechanics, and are able to translate gen 1 pokemon to these new mechanics, they would sure as hell be able to transfer gen 6 pokemon to them.

With the system as it is now, it's hard to create NEW numbers, but it's easy to delete/rewrite/translate old ones. This is because they began thinking forward in gen 3.

If there's a mechanics change, then the new ones would actually be the easier ones to transfer.
>>
>>25368849
You know where the door is, so just go. Don't make a scene, just go. We will mail you your last check.
>>
File: 1453306581261.jpg (7 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1453306581261.jpg
7 KB, 395x395
The purpose of gen 6 was to translate every pokemon into 3d. No matter how sub-par the region was the 3d transition was a necessary evil that had to have been done.

Any unfinished "business" gen 6 had can be easily address in gen 7 via post game content.
>>
>>25369275
Gen V brought nothing to the franchise, though. Just a lot of new Pokemon. No mechanical improvements were made, no significant additions to the way we train Pokemon or do battle. Gen 6 did all those things. I don't understand this "incomplete" meme when gen 6 was far more significant for the franchise than gen 4 or 5, possibly combined, and played better to boot.
>>
>>25367980
Moon/Sun are Gen 7, and will be on Nintendo NX
Z will be revealed later, on 3DS.
>>
>>25368668
>This is why us Gen 7 fags think that's good supporting evidence for new mechanics.
lmao, you fucking wish I fucking wish

they only made gen 1 mons send-able to SM because they want to force people (especially normies who got baited by 20th anniversary meme) to buy their newest turd over patching the old games which are mostly sitting in bargain bins by now

they already did this with ORAS and the new Megas, they already did it with VGC and only allowing people with latest games to be able to participate

thinking it's anything beyond that is pure delusion at this point
>>
>>25369465
Except SM were already confirmed for 3DS
>>
>>25369465
>will be on Nintendo NX
Debunked. The trailer confirms that SuMo will be for the 3DS famigos.
>>
>>25369456
Gen IV and V brought good games. That's all that matters.

You can get lots of new things and novelties, but if they're poorly presented or they are not cohesive, they're shit and don't make the game better.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.