[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only good Pokemon game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Only good Pokemon game
>>
XD was better in basically every single way.
>>
>tfw I started playing this last month and just finished my first battle
>>
>>25367707
and even it is a chore
>>
>>25367722
I agree, Colosseum was indeed better in basically every single way. XD
>>
>Go to preorder it for the jirachi disc
>They were already out
>>
>>25367724
kek
>>
>Colosseum
>great story, atmosphere, difficulty
>shadow pokemon were a a fucking chore

>XD fixes shadow pokemon
>forgets the good story, atmosphere, and difficulty

It's not fair
>>
>>25367707
This is probably the closest the official games are gonna get to
>>
>>25367998
>official games
What are you doing.
>>
>>25367707
Honestly, fucking this. I loved the atmosphere, I loved it being a "gritty" Pokémon game, and I loved it for tossing up the usual Pokemon story formula. Would love for there to be another sequel
>>
>>25367997
I disagree completely. XD did everything better than Colosseum except for the atmosphere and story.

Regardless, these two were by far the best Pokemon games. Really wish Genius Sonority didn't get to keep the rights to everything in them so GF could actually revisit
>>
>>25368122
>I disagree completely. XD did everything better than Colosseum except for the atmosphere and story.

b-but that's exactly what I said, besides difficulty

colosseum was definitely harder because shadow pokemon were fucking terrible and you were at a huge disadvantage, while in XD they were way more useful
>>
Colosseum praise is nostalgia glasses in full effect. This shit is slower than DP. I'm at the Shadow Pokemon Lab and all I want is for this game to end so that I can try Gale of Darkness and see if that's any better.
>no options menu
>>
>>25368169
>wahhh why can't I beat every trainer within 3 turns like in muh Gen 6

sad 2bh
>>
>>25368161
>Played Gale of Darkness first
>Stomped almost everything
>Made my strongest team
>Decide to play Colosseum next
>Have trouble
>My entire team gets curb stomped in the 2nd miror b fight
>Had to purify Raikou to win
Even after getting Raikou I still almost lost. That game was brutal at times.
>>
>>25368187
>have to wait out the pokemon's animation every time it gets hit
Plus the running speed is ass and you have to hike your way back to the center every time your pokemon are damaged if you like to conserve your money like me.
>>
>>25368285
god forbid an RPG actually takes you more than 15 hours to beat

fuck you, I hope we get more slow, difficult pokemon RPGs
>>
>>25368320
>liking padding

Might as well get rid of bikes, fly, dig, teleport and escape ropes
>>
>>25368320
Buddy, I like it when pokemon takes a slower approach just as much as anybody, but what I don't appreciate is dead time and backtracking.
>>
>>25368339
You backtrack because "muh saving money"

That's your own fault
>>
I just wanted Pokemon Stadium 3, with the stupid minigames and loads of text telling you shit you could learn online and the playing the portable game on your TV. I was so sad when Pokemon Colosseum wasn't that.

I also thought the animations were a lot cooler in Pokemon Stadium 2. I feel like every model had a lot more animations. In Colosseum, most of the moves had the pokemon not move at all and like a ghostly thing appear to do the move.
>>
>>25368351
OK, I'll give you that. Still, it seems that I've been burning through my pocket money just trying to keep a steady grip on Ultra Balls. Even an Aipom put up a good struggle, it seemed.
>>
>>25368122
XD only did shadow pokemon better, nothing else. In XD literally what is challenge and story? It's still good, but Colosseum is the superior game. Also, Game Freak should never touch these games. Genius Sonority should be the ones working on the main pokemon games.
>>
>>25368169
It's slower but every fight is more important because no wild pokemon or shitty trainers
>>
If nothing else these two games felt refreshing since the main games seem so formulaic. The skin of a different region always over lies the same 10 year old Pokemon Master fights evil team and beats Elite Four story. I always felt like the first one did the "gritty" atmosphere better but both games had 10/10 tracks and relatively challenging double battles with a narrower selection of Pokemon was a lot of fun. I only hope for a spiritual successor because it hurts less than giving up.
>>
>>25368390

Spamming Colosseums gives you shitloads of money and they're pretty quick to do as most of the trainers have only 2-4 pokemon, and you can use the Amulet Coin for it as well.
>>
>>25368395
>what is challenge and story?

Orre Colosseum and Mt. Battle should give you enough challenge.
>>
Be honest, who was caught off guard by that Shadow Entei when you first fought Dakim?
>>
>>25367722
>XD

Fuck off reddit
>>
>>25369215
Damn got pretty far before someone did it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.