[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that this is a pokemon >"I'm really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 250px-421Cherrim-Overcast.png (43 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-421Cherrim-Overcast.png
43 KB, 250x250
Daily reminder that this is a pokemon

>"I'm really excited to see the new mon designs in Gen 7!"
>>
For every three bad or extremely questionable designs, there's a hundred good or fantastic ones.

Cherrim though -- literally what?

Since Lumineon is now known for being the Most Forgotten Pokémon, it's become memorable for being not memorable. But Cherrim is a high contender for Actual Most Forgotten Pokémon. Definitely in the top three.
>>
>>25366066
we need shitty pokemon to balance the good pokemon
>>
>>25366121
At least people would say its sun form looks cute if it wasn't for Smogon
>>
Yay forms
>>
File: 421-Cherrim.png (47 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
421-Cherrim.png
47 KB, 300x275
>>25366066
I don't care Pokémon designs.
>>
>>25366066

It would've been nice if they retconned it so its overcast form is Grass/Dark and its sunny form is Grass/Fairy. Would've been the best thing they could do for it and made it at least a little interesting.
>>
File: dec_0799.png (4 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
dec_0799.png
4 KB, 120x120
Daily reminder that this is a pokemon

>"I'm really excited to see the new mon designs in Gen 7!"
>>
>>25366121
I always forget Pinco exists.

I also forget it evolves into Forretress, incidentally I remember Forretress just fine just not Pineco.

Literally just played through HG again and just remembered it.
>>
>>25366066
To be fair, that Pokemon actually has a theme going on with its design and it's alright. Shit like >>25366381 is stupid though. I'm fine with Pokemon being based on man-made, inanimate objects, but they should draw the line at food.
>>
>>25366516

Snow and Ice aren't food. Its just food shaped.
>>
File: Ketchupie.jpg (10 KB, 334x221) Image search: [Google]
Ketchupie.jpg
10 KB, 334x221
>>25366596
this is a worm, not actually a hot dog

kill yourself
>>
>>25366516
Farfetch'd is essentially based on food. So is Exeggcute, Chansey, Togepi.

I dunno. I like "based on object" much more than "dog + element" or "cat + element".

The best pokemon are the ones that do a bit of animal, a bit of object and a lot of them. Like Xatu being a totem pole or Remoraid being a gun.
>>
I don't mind having a bunch of dex filler cutemon.

It's shit like the lake trio or Sawk/Throh that gets me.
>>
>>25367003
I hadn't ever heard of those pokemon, so I looked up Sawk and Throh.

What's wrong with them? They are like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Designed by Ken.

Sawk's moveset is a little dull seeing as it is similar to like, a machop. But Throh's is unique and has a pretty obvious theme.
>>
>>25366121
Grumpig
>>
Fuck you I like Cherrim
and cherubi is one of my favorites
>>
>>25366121
>forgetting the evolution of the #420 pokemon
mama mia
>>
Gen 7 has a pokemon that looks like a bed as the 3rd evolution,

2nd is a cloth,

1st is a thread.

people are going to complain.
>>
I never really understand why people would hate other people for liking weird and wacky designs. I figured the game was more fun because everyone gets to choose pokemon they like, and fighting people with strange and different teams is interesting. Like there are pokemon I'm not fond of, but when I see it in someones team it makes me curious to know why they enjoy it and what it could do. Kind of makes me happy in a way.

I mean geez with all the tournaments sporting the exact same pokemon with every person, I figured everyone would love the idea of people using more obscure and out there pokemon.
>>
>>25366629
>i have literally never seen an icicle OR an ice cream cone

The only questionable thing about Vanilluxe is the straw. And its earlier stages don't even have that. If it had an actual edible cone you might almost have a point, but it possesses neither ice cream nor cone.

>>25367114
cherrim is adorable but the concept of cherubi horrifies me
>>
>>25367339
Pokémon is all about learning to appreciate diversity which is why 4chan struggles with it
>>
>>25367427
There's a billion pokemon who have deformed absorbed-twin-style extra head.
>>
>>25366629
No, that is a strawman.
>>
File: Cherrim_eyes[1].png (166 KB, 342x192) Image search: [Google]
Cherrim_eyes[1].png
166 KB, 342x192
>>25366066
BEHOLD
>>
>>25367548
I mean, it clearly has eyes in the OP pic as well.

I dunno, it looks pretty cute and I enjoy pokemon who have two forms.
>>
>>25366836
Wow, holy shit anon, are you just a filthy Chinese that sees everything as food?
>>
>>25367942
I listed three pokemon that are very clearly eggs. Hell, Chansey signature move is Soft-boiled.

And Farfetch'd is a duck that brings its own green onions to cook it with.
>>
File: 250px-086Seel[1].png (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-086Seel[1].png
49 KB, 250x250
>>
>>25367983
>very clearly eggs
>Chansey
Chansey's a marsupial and/or monotreme of some sort. It HAS an egg, it's not an egg itself.
And Togepi is a baby bird that's hatching out of its egg.

But speaking of new mon designs, I really miss Pokemon designs like Chansey and Togepi. They're obviously based on animals, but the specific type of animal is so hard to pin down, because they're just so odd-looking.

Nowadays we get "dragon bat" and "electric frill-necked lizard". They're TOO normal.
>>
>>25368130
She's admittedly ALSO shaped like an egg. I'll give you togepi.

But yeah, I agree. I love animalistic designs not based on any animal in particular but instead are focused on an theme.
>>
>>25367672
holy shit i always thought it was a mouth. the fact that it's a closed eye toally ruins it for me
>>
File: NextLevelAngerTech.jpg (473 KB, 840x848) Image search: [Google]
NextLevelAngerTech.jpg
473 KB, 840x848
>>25366381
This is literally my favorite pokemon
>>25366516
Why? How does being based on an object make them less creative than if they were based on animals? If anything, turning an inanimate object into a living creature is more creative then turning dog into fire dog.
>>
>>25368130
Pokemon lost all creativity in Gen 5
>>
More isn't really bad. As long as there are a few good ones, the bad doesn't really bother me.

Well, unless they are pushing out other good older pokemon from games.

I mean I keep forgetting Tangela exists.

More key pokemon tho
>>
>>25368284
Tangela's gimmick was completely nullified by the time GSC.

Guess how many monotype grass pokemon there are in RBY? One. Tangela.

It was their thing. Every other grass was saddled with an extra type, usually poison. Tangela was pristine.
>>
>>25366066
I just noticed it has closed eyelids
looks a lot cuter now
>>
>>25366516
Voltorb is literally a Pokeball with eyes. Pokeballs don't even exist in real life. It is an animated version of an imaginary technology that they themselves made up.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.