[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you guys even fighting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
There is only two possibilities:

1:
>Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon really are the south Kalos region
>"b-but they said it is a new world with new Pokémon"
>Implying that just because it is still Kalos it wouldn't be new (we never went that way)
>Implying we could not get the rest of the tiny Pokédex they gave us with X&Y

2:
>Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon are Gen 7
>It takes place in the region who fought Kalos 3000 years ago in the war
>Therefore it would explain all Kalos unexplained plot holes
>And what Nintendo said about "New World" and "New Pokémon" is because it really is Gen 7, in a new region and with a new Pokédex

Let's hope it is the second one so you kids won't fight anymore. But even if it's first, it could kind off be like a new region and fix all the things you hate about the current Gen. So you can stop fighting now.

One thing is true: They won't let Kalos so unexplained like it is. So I guess it would be very hard for something besides this to happen. And any of those two makes everybody happy.

inb4 >not wanting people to fight on 4chan
>>
>>25360936
If XY were analogous to RGBY, then this is GS territory we're walking in.
>>
>>25360970
Well, I can see it being analogous actually. We had Kanto Starters in it and it always felt like GF was trying to get back to pkmn roots. Am I the only one?
>>
>>25360936
No more Kalos region please.
Time to move on to the next region.
>>
>>25360936
I don't think it should matter what Gen is is considered, as long as Zygarde is part of the plot somehow, maingame or postgame.

It seems plausible to me since there's no way they'll leave Zygarde forms out of the center of the franchise. Also considering we have lots of hints of Gen 2 scenario, and we will be able to travel two regions back to Kalos.
>>
>>25361037
Eat Southern Kalosian-style shit
>>
>>25361041
Maybe that's what Game Freak also thinks, actually. I can see they doing like option 1 and calling it Gen 7. They already said they're not doing things we expect to be done.
>>
It's only one samefag that spread his Gen 6.5 cancer meme in all threads.
>>
Southern Kalos could be similar to the Johtho region,connected to Kanto but with its own unique Pokemon.
>>
>>25360936
OR now here me out OP, it has nothing to do with Kalos. Gen 6 never resolved the Original Dragon after all
>>
>>25360936
3. The region is based on Germany.
It is still connected with Kalos.
>>
All I want is more starters is that too much to ask?
>>
>>25361788
Germany? It's more likely based in Spain if southern Kalos is an actuality.
>>
>>25361744
The original dragon has never been featured in any kind of media/merchandise or existed in any game's data. Just referenced in BW lore. Meanwhile, Zygarde has 2 unused special moves plus numerous formes, has its own anime season and has a TCG card. They can't just ignore it. It will be in S/M one way or anothet.
>>
>>25361732
It is possible. The region that fought Kalos could be southern Kalos. And that woman who speaks about southern Kalos people beliefs in Volcanion is actually just Kiloude City. Again, it would be just like Kanto and Johto

>>25361744
The only thing that mekes me really believe this will have at least a connection to Kalos are the plot holes. If there's a proof of it not being ever explained like if GF says "not explaining everything is part of Kalos charm" or some other similar bullshit, then I'll go with you guys.
>>
>>25360970
>The XY are anal to RGBY meme

Weren't Black and White anal too?
>>
that leaked Pokedex, which seems to be more and more legit as more info comes out, doesn't have new starters.

I think it will be South Kalos/something like that with the XY starters, thus making is gen 6.5.

That's just what I hope. Fuck me though
>>
>>25361788
So the war would be based off World War I. And the new games would take place on another war based off WWII. That would be brilliant!
>>
>>25361888
I don't think any of this leaks are truth. Has anyone before ever leaked something that was obviously right after (by obviously, I mean it was clearly a leak and not just pure luck)?
>>
>>25361858
You mean like the Arceus event in D/P/Pt?
>>
>>25361858
What is the "original dragon"?
>>
>>25362104
What is God stone?
>>
>>25362009
Arceus is a mythical/event Pokemon. Zygarde is a part of Kalos' regional mascot trio. Moreover, Arceus was eventually distributed and had its own event in HG/SS. Likewise, it's highly likely that there could be a Zygarde subplot/postgame event in S/M.

>>25362104
It's the Pokemon that was split into Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom in gen five's lore.
>>
>>25362188
That's a solid argument. In my aopinion, everything points to the fact that it is indeed going to be Kalos related. Probably a direct sequel. There is no way they're just going to left it as it is
>>
>>25361888
Idk why 6.5 geners are getting such hate. If it is southern Kalos, this list gets alot more legit. I mean, we got Matsuda's trip to Spain, we got towns/cities really close to the southern edge of the Kalos map, and Magiana's in the list. He couldve been added after to make it seem legit, but Magiana got released and then we get the list. It just seems too coincidental.
>>
>>25362188
I see. But what's not explained about it though? It seemed pretty simples in the games for me. They just got separated, what's more to it?
>>
>>25362261
All they did was put Magiana on the list. What is coincidental? I believe the Gen 6.5 is very possible, but I don't believe this list
>>
>>25362309
We dont know that yet, but I did consider that. Theres other things too, like the complete lack of starters, that, if SUMO is a brand new gen with no connection to XY, invalidates the list. But if SUMO is in southern Kalos as I believe it is, then it makes the list much more believable. The lack of starters could be explained by the MC choosing the XY starters and then just going south instead of north. Different region, different Pokemon, same starting location.

Theres other things, like the romanization of some of the names. Look at H-Gen, Okishigen, and H2Otaa. thats clearly a reference to the elements Hydrogen, Oxigen, and the compound of H2O. and what are their classifications? Element, Element, and Compound respectively. Theres others, but the list is ful of examples of Nintendo and Game freak's sense of humor and wordplay when it comes to creating new Pokemon.
>>
>>25362247
The way I see it, S/M is really just a redefined third version, but that depends on Zygarde's involvement with the plot I guess. If that's indeed the case and if John Gamefreak manages to sneak in Hoenn's Battle Frontier and Kalos as postgame content, these games could really be the definitive games we have been asking for.
>>
>>25362449
Well, it could also mean that someone who made the list thought about all those things to make us think it is the real Pokédex for South Kalos. I still don't see why you believe so much in it (maybe because you want it so much). The best thing you could say is that it really resembles GF way of naming their creatures, but someone could simulate that too (even if it would be a very hard task). I don't know dude, I want to believe it but it seems very fake to me.
>>
>>25362586
You mean that YOU'VE been asking for.

Any sane person wants nothing to do with gen 6 anymore. Thank fuck for SuMo
>>
>>25362604
Yes, I very much want it to be real, but that doesnt necessarily discredit my points. I'm aware it could be fake, but there's a lot abut it that IF SUMO is southern Kalos, makes the list alot more legit. But at this point I dont know, and I'm not saying I do. Im just pointing out observations Ive made.

At this point, its just a theory. A GAME THEORY!!

sorry
>>
>>25362646
Gen 6 or 7, I don't care as long as it has new mechanics and a good chunk of postgame content that's not 'eugenics and bicycle simulation'. Anything else is shitposting about semantics that were never there, or at least never used officially by GF/Nintendo.
>>
>>25362813
For real. New games. All Im hyped about. 6.5 vs 7 dont mean shit to me, Im just happy for more Mons
>>
>>25362646
retarded
>>
Masuda pretty much confirmed this as gen 6.5 when XY came out.
There was an interview when he was asked about the lack of new Pokemon. He said to be patient as we've only seen half the new Pokemon of this generation.
This game takes place in Southern Kalos, Kalos and a small island far away where Tiki head is from.
Trains will play there part. Cars in the concept art are to decorate a mechanics themed gym and will also be npc vehicles in the regions biggest town.
>>
>>25362775
Don't apologize, I kekd a bit. And you have your points which are not nonsense, but they're not solid enough. I don't think they're such BIG indications we're getting Gen 6.5. It seems like just some random dude made it.
>>
>>25362897
>a small island far away where Tiki head is from.
Corsica?
>>
>>25362897
WAIT! IS THAT TRUE? That changes everything.
sauce pls
>>
>>25362775
okay you're a 15 year old kid arent you
>>
>>25362897
The Tiki head is probably from Hawaii, which would either be the place you start or the place you go to mid-journey.
>>
>>25362873
I refer you to this >>25362897
Also sauce on this pls, cause while I do remember that, we need sauce here.

Also, Masuda recently took a trip to Spain, like he took one to France for XY. As for the Tiki, I could definitely see there being a portion of the game based off the Mediterranean and/or traveling to laces like Italy or Germany. I dont know if Mediterranean cultures use tikis, but its an oceanic culture, and many oceanic cultures do use tikis. Not a huge leap of logic for me
>>
>>25362982
Obviously fucking not newfag

God damn you people will believe anything
>>
>>25362897
My dick is hard now
>>
>>25363050
nope. 23. I do apologize for it though
>>
>>25363065
how could you remember something that never fucking happened

man, 6.5 fags sure are smart.
>>
>>25362897
(You)
>>
File: image.jpg (818 KB, 2038x1335) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
818 KB, 2038x1335
Why is this circled in the art from the Nintendo life interview with masuda?

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/interview_junichi_masuda_and_hironobu_yoshida_discuss_pokemon_x_and_y_mega_evolutions_and_the_2ds/attachment/4/original.jpg
>>
>>25361031
soooo... megas for johto starters confirmed?
>>
>>25361052
Fun fact: Pokémon Sun and Moon version are Generation VII of Pokémon games
>>
>>25363266
It is obvious it is going to happen sooner or later
>>
veepee is fighting because Hawaiianfags keep shitposting about muh special snowflake firetruck and license plate.
But at least they've got a leg to stand on.
There's also Songapoorfags, which are honestly delusional and should be ignored.

Every sane person would look at all the evidence you posted, and admit it's gonna be South Kalos.
By the way your #2 is kinda the same as #1, but there's no way we're going backwards, only forwards.
>>
File: ZYCUCK.png (379 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
ZYCUCK.png
379 KB, 540x960
Gen 6.5 fags BTFO
>>25362938
>>
>>25363336
There is not much difference between 1 and 2. The main difference is that in #1 the South Kalos is named South Kalos and in #2 the South Kalos is named something else.

Also, in #1 the new Pokémon could just be Zygarde's new forms, Magiana and Volcanion.
>>
>>25363386
>implying it has to be a direct sequel to be gen 6.5
>implying he couldn't just have said direct sequel to reference the title X2/Y2
>>
>>25363336
One more thing: If #2 is correct and the new region is the region that fought Kalos, the new games doesnt need to be held at that time (the time of the war).
>>
>XY plot holes
But there aren't any plot holes? You fixed the issue, Zygarde didn't need to fix the Eco system because you had it covered, AZ got his Floette back, Zygarde was catchable post game, the forms are probably just anime exclusive, you know like the giant pokemon in the old anime and the pink pokemon, anime exclusive isn't exactly a new thing
The moves can easily be an event in XY too, they could finally release the shiny Zygarde with it's exclusive moves just like they did with Arceus
Volcarona is just an event mon, it'll get released along side it's movie
The Mysterious item is just an Easter egg, nothing more, it unlocks nothing, especially since you can't put items in pokebank
There are no loose ends, and if there are, I promise you they can be explained
>>
>>25363183
I'm reading tonnes of interviews now to find the quote. You can all help too by searching for it. Article was in 2013-2014. He was asked about lack of Pokemon, ghost girl and a few other mysteries. Cannot find it for the life of me with the keywords I'm using. >>25363224 also check circled train station in this image as well as cloud blocking details from 2 regions.
>>
>>25363634
My bad. I misread the time thing.
But, wouldn't the region that fought Kalos be right next door to it, a.k.a. South Kalos?
>>
>>25363768
That's what #2 says. South Kalos would actually be this region that fought Kalos.
>>
>>25363817
Then I'm at a loss of what's the difference between #1 and #2.
>>
>>25363579
Most people use third versions/sequel interchangeably.
>>
>>25363890
1: It is just a new unexplored part of Kalos

2: The new games are placed in a totally new (but neighbor) region who fought Kalos in the past

In #1 it would be just like a Pokémon Z. In #2 the plots would be highly connected, but it would be a different region with different culture, Pokémon, etc.

That makes even more sense when you remember what Masuda said in the past on an interview:

>The world holds people with all sorts of ways of thinking, and you can get a sense that they exist in different dimensions. But if you think of them as people who think on the x axis and people who think on the y axis-horizontal and vertical axes-then they intersect somewhere

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/pokemon-x-y-origin-title-explained-1320706

Two sides of a war, two different ways of thinking.
>>
>>25364038
I see... Well that's just dandy.
Let's hope for that.
>>
>>25363689
You have good arguments, I won't lie. But I'm still not convinced.

>AZ got his Floette back

That is true and maybe we're done with AZ. Even though I feel like it is still too shallow.

>the forms are probably just anime exclusive, you know like the giant pokemon in the old anime and the pink pokemon, anime exclusive isn't exactly a new thing

The giant/pink Pokémon are not comparable. The giant was obviously a Dragonite and it was no important at all outside of that episode. The pink Butterfree was made different just so you wouldn't mistake it for Ash's Butterfree. Zygarde's forms are completly new forms of a legendary, it is not the same. The closer it can get from it is Ash's Greninja, but it was obvious it was going to be anime exclusive (since it's ASH'S Greninja).

>Volcarona is just an event mon, it'll get released along side it's movie

By "Volcarona" I think you meant Volcanion. Well, you could be right, but NPCs in the game talked about it. And they talked about the relation Volcanion has with Southern Kalos people so that is a strong evidence Volcanion could make an appearence in Pokémon SUMO in the "South Kalos Region".
>>
Could the new region be Bongland?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.