[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To the Fissure-No Guard accuracy naysayers https://www.yout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: no guard fissure.jpg (195 KB, 885x619) Image search: [Google]
no guard fissure.jpg
195 KB, 885x619
To the Fissure-No Guard accuracy naysayers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWjfjIkpA-I
>>
you can only transfer to S/M, and since it's a new gen, the mechanics can change
>>
>>25354199
>thinking they will change the mechanics wen mega ray quaza is real
>>
>>25354180
Do you think 30% are bad odds or something?
>>
>>25354209
Rayquaza was already banned, why would it need to be balanced?

that's beside the point though, new gen means anything can change
>>
>>25354242
>Rayquaza was already banned
find the smogon fag. He is legal in VGC16
>>
>>25354246
VGC is their tournament format that can be anything, not their standard rules where the bans are always the same
>>
>>25354246
Yes, but the last time Fug was actually legal in VGC was in 2010. It's not like allowing legendaries is going to be the norm, they're just doing it to switch things up, otherwise you get a carbon copy of VGC 2015
>>
>>25354209
Legendary pokemon and mega evolutions are both deliberately overpowered, so it's not surprising they let a mega legendary pokemon be massively OP. They might not give Machamp the same treatment.
>>
>>25354180
Yeah, people thinking No Guard doesn't work with OHKO is an idiot. Even Serebii showed off a team using No Guard and Sheer Cold
>>
Serene grace chansey with tri attack would be fun.
>>
>>25354199

Wait what? Didn't they say past gen Pokemon can transfer to XY/ORAS?
>>
>>25354454
RBY on the VC can't transfer to XYORAS, no
>>
>>25354454
Red/Blue/Yellow on the 3ds will only be able to transfer to Sun/Moon
>>
>>25354468
>>25354476

That's kind of disappointing but okay.
>>
>>25354199
This, they could change it, but they've sucked off Flying all gen, so I'm not sure.
>>
>>25354436
Fissure specifically, like Sonic Boom and Night Shade having no modifiers ever, because of the level comparison
>>
>>25354436
>gen iii
Ah okay
>>
>>25354232
Are you a fucking retard or something?
>>
>>25354199
It caught my attention that they bothered to say that you can't trade pokemon from RBY 'directly' from bank to XY/ORAS instead of outright saying it won't be possible

I interpret that as RBY > Bank > S&M > Bank > XY/ORAS will be possible
Maybe S&M fixes the pokemon and makes it compatible with new gens but who knows since they could also fix it when transfered to bank
>>
>>25354410
>Legendary pokemon and mega evolutions are both deliberately overpowered, so it's not surprising they let a mega legendary pokemon be massively OP. They might not give Machamp the same treatment.
Those same megas can net OHKOs of even full parties against them.

OHKO move on a slow pokemon that is prevented by at least 2 abilities (Levitate and Sturdy), an entire typing (flying) is hardly broken in this current metagame.
>>
>>25354768
That is hopeful thinking, I very much doubt you can move it to Gen 6 because there is no way they will go back and update it right when they release S&M.
>>
>>25354929
They don't need updating anything since it's just moves that are already present in the games
IIRC XY were compatible with ORAS' move tutors without updating
>>
>>25354768
>>25355048
SM is a new gen which means nothing from it can be transferred backwards
>>
>>25354438
If you're attacking you'd probably want to use Blissey
>>
>>25354768
Right.
Just like it allowed pokemon to go back to Gen 5 after transferring.
Right?
>>
>>25355775
The difference being that Bank isn't compatible with Black and White while XY and ORAS are.
If you hadn't noticed you don't do transferals from gen 5 using Bank but by using Poketransfer.
>>
>>25354410

I dunno, didn't they give the fucker his own webpage? Somebody obviously likes him.
>>
>>25354180
>thinking there'll be no "eligible movepool" check
>thinking pokebank won't flag fissure machamp
>thinking machamp will become relevant again
>>
>>25355942
Same difference.
Site also stated that they're going to revamp Bank so it will be compatible with S&M, they're just as likely to put locks to prevent RBY pokemon to go back to a Gen 6 game in the same fashion any pokemon from Gen 7 will be blocked.
>>
>>25355614
also, you're going to be running flamethrower to take care of ferrothorn and scizor. normal coverage is really shitty, even with the 40% burn/para/freeze shit

>>25354180
I don't know what this is trying to prove. Yes, No Guard OHKO moves work. Yes, some things will inevitably change because of it.

But no, it won't affect VGC greatly because there are too many teams that easily prepare for a Scarfed OHKOing Machamp without even trying. No, it won't affect Smogon because OHKO Clause. No, it won't affect Smogon's AG tier because there are a shitton of threats in that metagame that will fuck Machamp hard.

it's just another thing to prepare for, like Geomancy Xerneas, Primal Groudon, Mega Ray, whatever.
>>
>>25356040
>they're just as likely to put locks to prevent RBY pokemon to go back to a Gen 6 game in the same fashion any pokemon from Gen 7 will be blocked.
Literally impossible without cutting access to gen 6 entirely.
>>
>>25356103
I'm assuming you never played Pokémon Stadium 2, so I'll let this one go.
>>
>>25356179
Yeah because Stadium 2 is Bank and the gen 1 pokemon would have any moves not in Gen 6.
>>
>>25354180
those are the gayest nicknames I've seen to date
>>
>>25356199
It's not an issue about moves. I'm sure GameFreak don't give a shit about Machamp. It's a matter of backwards compatibility that we have NEVER had.

If they're stressing you cannot transfer RBY to XY ORAS, what makes you think they'd let you transfer them later on, specially AFTER they're transfered to a new generation game?
>>
>>25356048
>there are a shitton of threats in that metagame
exactly so why are people wishing that this never happens? it wouldn't overhaul the entire meta
>>
File: (spoons rattling).png (569 KB, 588x412) Image search: [Google]
(spoons rattling).png
569 KB, 588x412
>people actually think theyll go back and update xyoras when they couldn't even patch the new megas into xy
>>
>>25356337
>It's a matter of backwards compatibility that we have NEVER had.

Are you excluding the Time Capsules in Gen 2? Because that kinda conflicts with "NEVER".
>>
>>25354199
>and since it's a new gen

no
>>
>>25356337
>in the beta artwork for Sun and Moon
>gave him a website late last year
that's not really not giving a shit
>>
File: 1454356956795.png (1 MB, 790x722) Image search: [Google]
1454356956795.png
1 MB, 790x722
>>25356388
>still in denial
how
>>
>>25356337
>, what makes you think they'd let you transfer them later on, specially AFTER they're transfered to a new generation game?
Because that would imply that they're cutting off bank functionality to gen 6 or making new software specifically for Gen 7.

Aside from that there's nothing preventing them from going back and being taken out on the older game.
>>
>>25356339
...that was the point of my post.
>>
>>25354910
>OHKO move on a slow pokemon that is prevented by at least 2 abilities (Levitate and Sturdy), an entire typing (flying) is hardly broken in this current metagame.
Machamp's only way around the latter is Smack Down.
>>
>>25356011
This. I like Machamp but I don't want it to be good through a broken cheap shit tactic.
>>
>>25356011
>>thinking there'll be no "eligible movepool" check
That's the thing anon, it will be a completely legitimate get.
>>
>ofw pokemon transfered from RGBY are fixed to have hidden abilities
Fissure Steadfast Machamp
>>
>>25356541
You mean Stone Edge
>>
>>25357016
>broken cheap shit tactic
You mean like Parental Bond? -ate abilities giving STAB AND Life Orb boost? Gale Wings? Stance Change?

There are literally dozens of broken strats these days that net in equivalent OHKOs that it shouldn't even matter that the comparison is blocked by an entire type and two abilities. And that's not counting how many mons outspeed and OHKO it in return. It's seriously not a big deal but it's enough to take Machamp out of the "one-trick pony" label it has with Dynamic Punch and to put it again on equal footing with newer fighting types that have better stats, secondary typing, movepool
>>
>No Pentagon
lmao who cares
>>
>>25357158
Smack Down brings Flying-types down to the ground. Stone Miss doesn't.
>>
>>25357453
>No Guard Machamp
>Stone Miss
>>
>>25356541
Pair it with a Gravity user
>>
>>25357465
Okay then. But that doesn't change the fact that Smack Down does what Coldstone the Hedgeheg doesn't.
>>
>>25357498
Why would you need them down if Stone Edge is going to kill it anyways
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.