[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing Blue >remember even 100% accurate moves have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
File: no.png (324 KB, 814x486) Image search: [Google]
no.png
324 KB, 814x486
>playing Blue
>remember even 100% accurate moves have a 1/256 chance to miss
>remember Focus Energy doesn't work
>remember speed = crits
>remember the pitiful AI
>uninstall the buggy mess from my 3DS and play the superior ORAS
>>
>>25351160
Oh no, anon, Focus Energy doesn't just not work it also makes it effectively impossible to make criticals ever again.
>>
oh no! all these things you'll barely ever encounter on a normal playthrough! Whatever shall you do!?
>>
>>25351342
Literally everything listed is possible to encounter in a normal playthrough. In fact, you 100% will encounter the speed = crit from the first battle of the fucking game.
>>
>ORASS
>Superior to anything
>>
>>25351160
Don't forget Ghost versus Psychic. Even though the game itself is telling you that Ghost is strong against Psychic, they coded it wrong and Psychic is immune to Ghost in RBY.
>>
>>25351160
I'd play through yellow with only pikachu before I ever fucking touched ORAS again. jesus fuck they were bad for current gen games.
>>
>>25351387
>I'd play through yellow with only pikachu
you literally can't
>>
>>25351393
>what is Slam
>>
Reminder that RBY has LESS postgame than ORAS, and the FINAL BOSS has movesets comparable to a character in XY who doesn't really care about battling.
>>
>>25351405
a move that is shit against rock-type
>>
>>25351409
wtf man spoilers
>>
>>25351417
It's NVE, sure, but Rock isn't outright immune to Normal. In a word, using only Pikachu in Yellow is possible, but tedious as all get out.
>>
>>25351393
what. you expect me to play the shitstain that is ORAS? I fucking FORCED myself to finish that garbage and couldn't stomach the postgame so i moved everything to the pokebank and sold it. literally the only time I had ANY fun was fighting steven stone. oh and the battle with wally right before the E4. regardless, wally a shit.
>>
>>25351409
It really says something about how terrible ORAS is if you need to compare it to the first games of the franchise to make it look good
>>
>>25351342
>Not even reading
>Shit posting this poorly
>>
>>25351464
Ok
>>
>>25351425
At least he didn't spoil who the final boss is (my guess is professor Oak).
Currently on my 7th badge.

How do i battle in the Viridian city gym? The first time i passed by it was closed.
>>
File: 1455572859944.jpg (110 KB, 933x800) Image search: [Google]
1455572859944.jpg
110 KB, 933x800
>>25351489
THIS IS BAIT RIGHT?!
>>
>ITT: how to detect people who didn't actually play gen 1 and instead just memorized points off of that meme image
>>
>>25351500
Why would it be, lol?

Seriously, how do I open the doors to the Virdian city gym?
Do I need Fly or something because I haven't found it even though Lt. Surge said I could use it after i got his badge.
>>
>>25351507
Nigger even if you played Gen 1 back in the day you would be too busy pissing your bed and eating cut up hot dogs to realize what broken game mechanics were.
>>
>>25351524
I replayed gen 1 a few years ago. It isn't as bad as people like to pretend it is. The only thing I ran into was losing against a Wrap trainer in Erika's gym but I'd honestly take that over every single trainer being a pushover like the current games.
>>
>>25351516
Try checking it now that you have seven badges.
>>
>>25351535
Going to fight the gym leader right now for the 7th badge. Didn't want to battle the trainers but those quizzes were tough.

I only have a charizard (fire is not very effective against fire?) but it has dig, will i be able to beat his pokemon?
>>
>>25351376
I too liked when it was actually hard and interesting
>>
>>25351553
Types are not very effective against themselves, like things actually make sense and shit right?
>>
>>25351553
Dig is a Ground-type move.

Blaine doesn't have any Flying-types (note that Flying-type mons are immune to Ground-type moves, if you don't know that already), so yer in the clear fer now.
>>
>>25351160
ITS PART OF THE CANONICAL EXPERIENCE OP GET OVER YOURSELF ITS A FUCKING GAME USE YOUR IMAGINATION YOU _________
>>
>>25351652
YOU what?
>>
>>25351656
YOU...YOU...
>>
>>25351656
he said to use your imagination
so use it
>>
>>25351342
>barely encounter criticals
>barely encounter the AI
>barely encounter the attack moves that are necessary to complete the game
Yeah nah you're a retard.
>>
>>25351464
>I fucking FORCED myself to finish that garbage
You mean like everyone is currently doing for RBY for the "Gamur cred"?
>>
>>25351160
>1/256 who gives a shit
>nobody uses focus energy
>speed = crits actually makes sense
>still a harder game than ORAS
>m-muh no free mega latios or EXP all

Kill yourself
>>
>>25352993
>1/256 all the time on moves you need to finish the game
>broken moves aren't broken moves because I said so!
>Speed=crit makes zero sense
>easiest and shortest game made difficult because of glitches and bad desicions
>m-muh three move gary and no ghost moves but lick in the gen with a Ghost e4 member

Kill yourself
>>
>>25351553
>Didn't want to battle the trainers but those quizzes were tough.

You're wasting xp and money if you don't fight every trainer, you're gonna be underleveled for the e4 and gonna have to either start over or grind in Victory Road.

Or stop playing because you seem like kind of a retard
>>
>>25352949
I sure hope you don't actually believe that. You must be shitposting.
>>
>>25356442
Do you really think anyone but the people who played it originally are willing to go back to that for more than gamer cred?
>>
Honestly i don't understand anyone who is playing the vc released for anything more than messing with glitches and or the nostalgia boner.
>>
I think speed = crits is a good idea since it makes running max speed relevant while in later generations it became a totally binary stat where you simply need to have 1 point more than the enemy. I'd easily welcome it back.
>>
>>25356553
They're compatible with Bank, anon.
>>
>>25356553
The ability to play this game with my brother. We only have one GB system that isn't an Advance.

>>25356567
I think crits should be connected to accuracy. The higher the accuracy, the more likely you are to critical hit. The lower the accuracy, the more likely you are to critical miss.
>>
>>25356567
Yeah no, that essentially denies slower Pokemon of critical hits, if it's meant to be a random element keep it random
>>
>>25356592
but why do you feel the need to play the original gameboy games with him? The remakes can be played on the gba and they are just as good, if not better due to the majority of glitches being fixed.
>>25356587
only for sun and moon. and even so is there really that much of a shortage of gen 1 pokemon available in the current gens that you need to mess around with r/b/y to obtain them?
>>
>>25356813
>and even so is there really that much of a shortage of gen 1 pokemon available in the current gens that you need to mess around with r/b/y to obtain them?
It's not so much the pokemon but the moves they can learn.

For example the Fissure Machamp people keep raving about.
>>
>>25356813
>The remakes can be played on the gba and they are just as good, if not better due to the majority of glitches being fixed.
Muh link cable, we only have one working GBA system in the house, we don't have a wireless adapter, let alone two...
>>
>>25356867
okay that is a fair enough argument.
>>
>>25351160
wait, they didn't fix focus energy?
So we will also get double leech seed damage every turn if we used toxic before?

And this probably means the apricorn balls in GS will also not work properly
>>
>>25358059
They didn't fix anything.
>>
>>remember speed = crits
they should put this in the modern games too
but invert it
slower pokemon having higher critical rates would be an interesting decision to make
>>
>>25358075
well that's nice for shits and giggles regarding the glitches, yet they could have at least fixed the wrongly programmed mechanics
all this nostalgia shit aside, this was the one and only chance to revert mistakes to make the game the way it was supposed to be
>>
>>25351580
>Types are not very effective against themselves, like things actually make sense and shit right?
Except Dragon. Dragon is always weak against Dragon.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.